Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > Professional Football (NFL)

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #61  
Old 03-26-19, 12:45 PM
ceebass13 ceebass13 is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 07-27-17
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Posts: 291
ceebass13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkgriswold View Post
It seems like the Cardinals have an awful lot of holes and Rosen wasn't that awful given his supporting cast. If Kingsbury is truly an offensive genius, he should be able to figure it out with Murray. I wonder if they're throwing up a smoke screen in hopes some team big on Murray gives up a king's ransom to move into their slot, allowing them to fill some of their many holes.
Especially considering the rumor is that a 3rd round pick would be the cost for Rosen.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #62  
Old 03-26-19, 12:52 PM
clarkgriswold clarkgriswold is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 08-28-07
Posts: 11,861
clarkgriswold will become famous soon enoughclarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceebass13 View Post
Especially considering the rumor is that a 3rd round pick would be the cost for Rosen.
I'm not sure how a GM gets away with saying "Oops, made a mistake last year" and moves on to repeat a QB pick.
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 03-26-19, 12:58 PM
cabezadecaballo cabezadecaballo is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-06-12
Location: over here
Posts: 35,173
cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco MacArthur View Post
LeBron has his titles. He's said throughout his career he wants to be the first billionaire playing in the NBA. It's clear this is his goal, not winning on the court.
Uh... part of my point was that the billion could likely come more quickly with more titles. You of all people should get that. Are you saying he's missed that ?
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 03-26-19, 01:00 PM
cabezadecaballo cabezadecaballo is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-06-12
Location: over here
Posts: 35,173
cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by BR1986FB View Post
And I get that TB12 is in a very favorable financial situation with his Sugar Mama but he doesn't "have" to take a discount. The fact that he does says that he's not all about "me." My understanding is that nobody outworks him and he's driven to win. Probably has a chip from being drafted as low as he was.
A large part of his successes, for sure
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 03-26-19, 01:04 PM
cabezadecaballo cabezadecaballo is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-06-12
Location: over here
Posts: 35,173
cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkgriswold View Post
I'm not sure how a GM gets away with saying "Oops, made a mistake last year" and moves on to repeat a QB pick.
With no assurances KK Air Raid will have much more long term success than run-n-shoot. I guess the current officiating philosopy will help KK
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 03-26-19, 01:30 PM
Taco MacArthur Taco MacArthur is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 03-14-17
Posts: 4,702
Taco MacArthur is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabezadecaballo View Post
Uh... part of my point was that the billion could likely come more quickly with more titles. You of all people should get that. Are you saying he's missed that ?
Not really sure how more titles would bring him to a billion dollars quicker. He can't get paid more by an NBA team. He's been the best player on the planet for the last 10+ years, endorsement deals wouldn't have been any significant difference if he won a title this year or not. In LA he can kick off his movie/production/TV show (BigFoot or whatever the animated movie is, Million Dollar Mile, etc) while still collecting a max NBA contract and endorsement money. He wouldn't have been able to do these things nearly as easily while living in Cleveland. Sure it's possible, he did that garbage movie with Amy Schumer. But LeBron the actor/producer has significantly taken off in the 9 months he's been in LA.
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 03-26-19, 02:53 PM
joesports joesports is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 06-03-07
Posts: 2,878
joesports is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkgriswold View Post
It seems like the Cardinals have an awful lot of holes and Rosen wasn't that awful given his supporting cast. If Kingsbury is truly an offensive genius, he should be able to figure it out with Murray. I wonder if they're throwing up a smoke screen in hopes some team big on Murray gives up a king's ransom to move into their slot, allowing them to fill some of their many holes.
This has always confused me ... if the Cardinals were really in love with Murray, they wouldn’t give that pick up ... so if they are willing to trade it, they are not really in love with him ... do teams really fall for that ... ‘we think he is great, but what are you willing give us to get him’ line ... as soon as they start negotiating to trade the pick ... you know they are lying!
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 03-26-19, 07:41 PM
cabezadecaballo cabezadecaballo is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-06-12
Location: over here
Posts: 35,173
cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco MacArthur View Post
Not really sure how more titles would bring him to a billion dollars quicker. He can't get paid more by an NBA team. He's been the best player on the planet for the last 10+ years, endorsement deals wouldn't have been any significant difference if he won a title this year or not. In LA he can kick off his movie/production/TV show (BigFoot or whatever the animated movie is, Million Dollar Mile, etc) while still collecting a max NBA contract and endorsement money. He wouldn't have been able to do these things nearly as easily while living in Cleveland. Sure it's possible, he did that garbage movie with Amy Schumer. But LeBron the actor/producer has significantly taken off in the 9 months he's been in LA.
I disagree. And Cleveland really doesn't matter.

Let's try a different angle.

Do you think that LeBron has turned down many endorsements? Are there any that were done by other players that might have been offered to him had more of his seasons ended with a win ?
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 03-27-19, 07:11 AM
Taco MacArthur Taco MacArthur is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 03-14-17
Posts: 4,702
Taco MacArthur is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabezadecaballo View Post
I disagree. And Cleveland really doesn't matter.

Let's try a different angle.

Do you think that LeBron has turned down many endorsements? Are there any that were done by other players that might have been offered to him had more of his seasons ended with a win ?
Disagree all you want. The facts are LeBron chose this path, where basketball is secondary, for a reason. A logical assumption would be because this path offers more money.

I know he turned down $15M from McDonalds. I highly, highly doubt it. LeBron has been the single most recognizable person on this planet other than maybe Ronaldo or Messi for the last 10+ years. Endorsement deals don't care if you win or lose a title as long as you're popular. We've steered far enough off topic though. If you want to continue, shoot me a PM.
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 03-27-19, 07:32 AM
ceebass13 ceebass13 is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 07-27-17
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Posts: 291
ceebass13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkgriswold View Post
I'm not sure how a GM gets away with saying "Oops, made a mistake last year" and moves on to repeat a QB pick.
That is the kind of oops that has them picking #1 this year and him probably looking for a new job next year.
Reply With Quote
  #71  
Old 04-03-19, 08:15 AM
Auggie's Avatar
Auggie Auggie is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-02-02
Location: The Other Side
Posts: 13,832
Auggie is on a distinguished road
The analytics driven guys over at Pro Football Focus have developed their top 50 big board for the 2019 draft: https://www.profootballfocus.com/new...2019-nfl-draft

Top 10>


The big surprise on the list is ND DL Jerry Tiller. Most services don't even have him as a top 5 DT let alone top 10 overall. Also missing is Rashan Gary, most mocks have him in the top 15 and these guys have him at 48; I would not be surprised if he plummets deep into the 2nd round and a dozen DL are selected before him.
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old 04-04-19, 09:52 AM
ceebass13 ceebass13 is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 07-27-17
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Posts: 291
ceebass13 is on a distinguished road
It feels great being a Browns fan and not counting down the days until the draft.
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old 04-16-19, 11:03 AM
Auggie's Avatar
Auggie Auggie is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-02-02
Location: The Other Side
Posts: 13,832
Auggie is on a distinguished road
It appears the A's have added to Muray's contract $14 million to the previously paid $4.6 million if he were to play baseball: https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/04/16/ky...cs-bonus-money

Now the #1 pick in the NFL Draft gets over $30 million guaranteed so financially it makes sense to go the NFL route but baseball is a much easier sport on the body and if he were to become a star he could make much more $s in the long run playing baseball.
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old 04-17-19, 02:23 PM
thavoice thavoice is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 07-17-07
Posts: 8,841
thavoice is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auggie View Post
It appears the A's have added to Muray's contract $14 million to the previously paid $4.6 million if he were to play baseball: https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/04/16/ky...cs-bonus-money

Now the #1 pick in the NFL Draft gets over $30 million guaranteed so financially it makes sense to go the NFL route but baseball is a much easier sport on the body and if he were to become a star he could make much more $s in the long run playing baseball.
While top picks get all the chances in the world in baseball, I don't see him being a bonafide star and likely will make more $$ in his initial NFC contract than he will in baseball.

I don't think he would excel in either, so getting the most guaranteed up front is a good choice for him.

I know things will go up a little but he will need to be a top 8-9 NFL pick to "break even" with the As offer.

I will be rooting for him to slide and not make as much money!
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old 04-17-19, 04:37 PM
Tardis Tardis is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 03-31-09
Posts: 1,056
Tardis is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by thavoice View Post
While top picks get all the chances in the world in baseball, I don't see him being a bonafide star and likely will make more $$ in his initial NFC contract than he will in baseball.

I don't think he would excel in either, so getting the most guaranteed up front is a good choice for him.

I know things will go up a little but he will need to be a top 8-9 NFL pick to "break even" with the As offer.

I will be rooting for him to slide and not make as much money!
And if he fails in the NFL he can always go back and try baseball. People have gone both routes before but I think it's easier to go back to baseball then it is to go back to being an NFL QB.
Reply With Quote
  #76  
Old 04-22-19, 10:35 AM
Auggie's Avatar
Auggie Auggie is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-02-02
Location: The Other Side
Posts: 13,832
Auggie is on a distinguished road
Draft week and things are coming into focus. Some tidbits that are floating around.

- Barring the Jets finding a trade partner at 3 the consensus is that the shake up happens at pick 6; the Giants with their QB need are where things should really start to get fun. Additionally many draft folks think talent wise picks 6-40ish are about the same so it is just a matter how the players sort out and how desperate teams are to trade back and get more picks in round 3-5 where the value is TY.

- There is some talk that the Cardinals may not pick Murray #1. I would not buy into it as Murray would be the perfect QB in a Klingsbury type offense but then again no one had the Browns taking Mayfield #1 LY.

- Looks for teams to try and move up into the mid rounds and use current players as bait and not picks to move up in draft position, especially in weak positions for this year's draft like WR & RB.

- One position group that should see a run in the 1st round is the OL, as NFL DTs are getting better quality Guards and Center are becoming more valuable. The strong DL class seems to be slipping a bit too with the Clemson guys in particular sliding down.
Reply With Quote
  #77  
Old 04-22-19, 11:11 AM
goldentornado goldentornado is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 08-30-13
Posts: 1,459
goldentornado is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auggie View Post
Maybe the most overrated aspect of the combine. For certain positions it is important but for a DL the 10 yard number is the bigger deal. Also I was told the interview process is bigger these days then the wonderlic test. Check out how Jachai Polite's stock is doing after a disastrous media interview.
the whole combine is overrated . it is hilarious how the 40 yd time became the gold standard for football speed, and how it correlates to one play. the bottom line either a guy can play or he can't . scouts have sometimes years of game film and they base their pick one something that can be measured.
Reply With Quote
  #78  
Old 04-22-19, 11:42 AM
clarkgriswold clarkgriswold is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 08-28-07
Posts: 11,861
clarkgriswold will become famous soon enoughclarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldentornado View Post
the whole combine is overrated . it is hilarious how the 40 yd time became the gold standard for football speed, and how it correlates to one play. the bottom line either a guy can play or he can't . scouts have sometimes years of game film and they base their pick one something that can be measured.
Not a whole lot of occasions in a game for a player to run 40 yards in a straight line!

I'm also a big fan of those controlled QB scenarios at pro days.
Reply With Quote
  #79  
Old 04-23-19, 06:51 AM
Irwin20 Irwin20 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 08-14-11
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 3,861
Irwin20 is on a distinguished road
I always thought the Combine was for getting everyone in one place to talk to them and see where their heads are at. The other stuff is just fluff and something to keep them busy while they are there.
Reply With Quote
  #80  
Old 04-23-19, 07:53 AM
ceebass13 ceebass13 is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 07-27-17
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Posts: 291
ceebass13 is on a distinguished road
The big part of the Combine is the interview process. It is really the first time that teams can actually speak with the players.
Reply With Quote
  #81  
Old 04-23-19, 08:26 AM
Auggie's Avatar
Auggie Auggie is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-02-02
Location: The Other Side
Posts: 13,832
Auggie is on a distinguished road
I was at the combine this year and it is more a job fair for NFL personnel than anything else. It also gives players and agents a chance to really get to know one another and manage expectations on where they will probably be picked based on their performance in relationship to others that have had similar on field results.

Also, there is a strong rumor that they are going to move this thing to LA and use the ability to go outside to run drills as the reason why. The real reason though is the NFL feels it needs to give LA something for their new stadium and more personnel will show up in a hipper town than Indy.
Reply With Quote
  #82  
Old 04-23-19, 12:07 PM
goldentornado goldentornado is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 08-30-13
Posts: 1,459
goldentornado is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkgriswold View Post
Not a whole lot of occasions in a game for a player to run 40 yards in a straight line!

I'm also a big fan of those controlled QB scenarios at pro days.
punt coverage is about it, the bench press is another stupid thing to measure
Reply With Quote
  #83  
Old 04-23-19, 12:46 PM
tom 48 tom 48 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-12-06
Posts: 5,082
tom 48 will become famous soon enough
Worst draft choices of all-time. Bengals get 3 of the top ten.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...eferral#slide3
Reply With Quote
  #84  
Old 04-23-19, 02:17 PM
cabezadecaballo cabezadecaballo is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-06-12
Location: over here
Posts: 35,173
cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
So, the biggest self-righteous, gaping vagina, social justice turd on Cleveland sports radio, Adam "the Fool (Bull) " Gerstenhaber, is slaying Nick Bosa for LIKING racist tweets WHEN HE WAS 16. "Is this going to make him fall in the Draft!?" "Is this going to hurt him in the locker room!?"


What a desperate loser to fish for calls like this. Do a real radio show or get off the air.
Reply With Quote
  #85  
Old 04-23-19, 03:52 PM
Auggie's Avatar
Auggie Auggie is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-02-02
Location: The Other Side
Posts: 13,832
Auggie is on a distinguished road
Looks like Frank Clark found a new home in KC: http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...efs-1055m-deal

Dude has talent but is a loose cannon, not sure I would give up a #1 and a big cap # to get him into the fold.
Reply With Quote
  #86  
Old 04-23-19, 10:46 PM
tom 48 tom 48 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-12-06
Posts: 5,082
tom 48 will become famous soon enough
Haskins to Bengals? Seems that more pundits are predicting this.
Reply With Quote
  #87  
Old 04-25-19, 08:15 AM
tom 48 tom 48 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-12-06
Posts: 5,082
tom 48 will become famous soon enough
Wonderlic scores for quarterbacks:

Ryan Finley: 43
Gardner Minshew: 42
Daniel Jones: 37
Easton Stick: 32
Clayton Thorson: 32
Trace McSorley: 31
Will Grier: 30
Brett Rypien: 28
Jarrett Stidham: 27
Drew Lock: 26
Tyree Jackson: 25
Dwayne Haskins: 25
Sean McGuire: 22
Kyler Murray: 20
Reply With Quote
  #88  
Old 04-25-19, 08:48 AM
Auggie's Avatar
Auggie Auggie is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-02-02
Location: The Other Side
Posts: 13,832
Auggie is on a distinguished road
Some other notable players leaked wonderlics>

Joey Bosa = 23
Rashan Gary = 9
Quinnen Williams = 11
Josh Allen = 15
Montez Sweat = 19
Chase Winovich = 31
Dre'Mont Jones = 20
Bryce Love = 22

Guess Rashan Gary didn't take advantage of that free UM education like Winovich did. It is now being reported that Gary also has a shoulder issue that requires surgery and he will do this once the draft is completed; this may keep him out of the 1st half of the season. Some are now thinking he drops out of the 1st round all together.
Reply With Quote
  #89  
Old 04-25-19, 08:57 AM
Auggie's Avatar
Auggie Auggie is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-02-02
Location: The Other Side
Posts: 13,832
Auggie is on a distinguished road
I took the wonderlic test back in the 90s as part of a job interview process, to me the SAT/ACT is a much tougher test than this thing. It was more tedious than anything else and the person interviewing said they don't care about a big number as much as a low number and how it shows a candidate didn't answer the easy ones that just required reading the entire question. A low number like Gary's or Williams' probably shows lack of focus on menial tasks more than anything else. Not sure that is a big deal for DL but I could see it being a big deal for QBs and the person on defense tasked with making the coverage calls.
Reply With Quote
  #90  
Old 04-25-19, 10:00 AM
tom 48 tom 48 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-12-06
Posts: 5,082
tom 48 will become famous soon enough
best scores ever:

50 Pat McInally Harvard P
49 Mike Mamula Boston College LB
48 Ryan Fitzpatrick Harvard QB
48 Greg McElroy Alabama QB
48 Benjamin Watson Georgia TE
48 Kevin Curtis Utah State WR
46 Matt Birk Harvard OL
43 Jason Maas Oregon QB
43 Eric Decker Minnesota WR
42 Blaine Gabbert Missouri QB
42 Drew Henson Michigan QB

Looks like Ryan Finley gets in. Although:

At the combine, Texas A&M QB Johnny Manziel rang up an impressive score of 32 on the Wonderlic
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Canton emerges as favorite to host 2019 state football finals Mackinbiner Football 27 01-31-19 09:55 PM
Ohio Natives- 2018 NFL Draft Worm02 Football 26 05-03-18 11:48 AM
NFL DRAFT 2018 Predictions And Other Chat CusswordExpert614 National Football Board 1 01-29-18 01:59 PM
NFL draft and Track athletes runohio Football 30 05-06-17 07:29 AM
NFL Draft Bugsy8875 Football 21 04-30-17 12:05 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:39 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz