Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > League/School Forums > Elder Panthers

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 10-16-17, 08:18 AM
All American

Pantherontheporch is on a distinguished road
Week 9 - ISB (1-3) at Elder (5-3)

It will be Senior Night at The Pit, as the Panthers host the Pumas. There are 29 players on the Puma roster this year.
The Panther starters probably will get more than a quarter off, and everybody will get to play. The second half may start with a running clock.
Old 10-16-17, 09:48 AM
All World

Descartes is an unknown quantity at this point
Not much to say, this game will be over quickly. My only hope is nobody gets injured, Elder always seems to lose important players in these meaningless games.
Old 10-16-17, 11:17 AM
All World

Jteegardner
Why do they have so many games cancelled? I know the first was bc of the hurricane but not sure of the others?
Old 10-16-17, 12:40 PM
All American

Vincent and Regina is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jteegardner View Post
Why do they have so many games cancelled? I know the first was bc of the hurricane but not sure of the others?
Two were for the hurricane. One is because it is played the first week of out playoffs. The fourth game I don't know.
Old 10-16-17, 12:49 PM
All District

superduper is on a distinguished road
Mazza needs to stay on the bench for this one.......
Old 10-16-17, 12:52 PM
All Yappi

EHS 2001 is on a distinguished road
Village Academy had to forfeit their game against ISB due to a lack of players: http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/h...004-story.html
Old 10-16-17, 01:13 PM
All Yappi

adselder09 is on a distinguished road
If you can get away with it, starters get the 1st Qtr and then sub heavily after that. Agree with many others health is the biggest concern coming out of this game as they shouldn't have any trouble getting the win.
Old 10-16-17, 03:49 PM
All American

SMARTY22 is on a distinguished road
Should be an easy senior night win! Thanks to the seniors for all the hard work they put in!
Old 10-16-17, 04:34 PM
All Ohio

CincyHSfootball is on a distinguished road
If the game goes as easily as most think it will, it would be good to have the Kicker Harmeyer test his leg. Anything 50 yards in, if the game is under control, should be tested.

He has developed nicely. Need to find his range and build some confidence in game situations this week as we head into the final game and the playoffs.
Old 10-16-17, 04:39 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyHSfootball View Post
If the game goes as easily as most think it will, it would be good to have the Kicker Harmeyer test his leg. Anything 50 yards in, if the game is under control, should be tested.

He has developed nicely. Need to find his range and build some confidence in game situations this week as we head into the final game and the playoffs.
I think Ammon is their "Long" FG Kicker.
Old 10-20-17, 07:38 AM
All World

Weather is going to be great tonight. This team is on a roll, and seem to be playing with tremendous confidence. I'm not shocked the Board has slowed since so many posters only show up to complain.
Old 10-20-17, 01:04 PM
All American

Pantherontheporch is on a distinguished road
Two quick notes. First, game time is 7:30, as Senior Night festivities will precede the game. I suppose things will start at 7:00?
Second, the Mom's Club will be collecting goods and donations for the Holy Family Food Pantry at the Regina entrances. For a list of stuff they need, see the EH Sports twitter account.
Old 10-20-17, 01:22 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Descartes View Post
Weather is going to be great tonight. This team is on a roll, and seem to be playing with tremendous confidence. I'm not shocked the Board has slowed since so many posters only show up to complain.
I think the opponent this week has slowed the commentary on the board more than anything. Things will kick back up for LaSalle next week.
Old 10-20-17, 02:08 PM
Varsity

?????? is on a distinguished road
Quote:
You hit the nail right on the head! Turns out the sky might not be falling, and maybe the administrators aren't asleep at the wheel. Can't wait for Lancer week. This team has worked hard to get better and just might overcome a brutal schedule and some tough losses to get in and make a run.
Old 10-20-17, 02:26 PM
All Yappi

Anyone else get a laugh out of Pboy calling out posters for coming on here being negative? Oh the irony.
Old 10-20-17, 03:04 PM
All American

trey2k is an unknown quantity at this point
Pboy doesn't like when people steal his negative thunder.
Old 10-20-17, 05:08 PM
All American

SMARTY22 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by adselder09 View Post
Anyone else get a laugh out of Pboy calling out posters for coming on here being negative? Oh the irony.
Pboy is Elder football,how dare you! I bet you receive multiple tough talking PMs after this post sir
Old 10-20-17, 06:28 PM
All World

Quote:
I at least give the team credit when they're successful, I don't go Into hiding
Old 10-20-17, 07:03 PM
All World

Following the game on Twitter, is Bittner ok? Saw Nieman was taking 1st team reps after 2nd TD
Old 10-20-17, 07:52 PM
All World

oskar is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Calling yourself out are you?
Old 10-20-17, 08:31 PM
All Yappi

Is this the first time the Panthers have worn their purple pants with the white jerseys with this uniform set? Actually looked pretty sharp.
Old 10-20-17, 09:03 PM
All World

OH loses to mtown 28-21, ensuring with Colerain next week, they will go winless.
Old 10-20-17, 09:15 PM
All World

Interesting prop bet if anyone had the Long Snapper rushing for a TD
Old 10-20-17, 09:21 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by oskar View Post
Calling yourself out are you?
How so? I've been saying this team looks really good since the X game. Bittner has completely transformed the Offense. X, Colerain, and Elder are the top 3 teams in the Region and it's not close. The rest of the GMC refuses to step up.
Old 10-20-17, 10:06 PM
All American

Vincent and Regina is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Is this the first time the Panthers have worn their purple pants with the white jerseys with this uniform set? Actually looked pretty sharp.
First time this season. They actually won the state title in 03 in that combo. Why did Broward wear darks for the second year in a row.
Old 10-21-17, 12:54 AM
All World

oskar is on a distinguished road
Quote:
How so? I've been saying this team looks really good since the X game. Bittner has completely transformed the Offense. X, Colerain, and Elder are the top 3 teams in the Region and it's not close. The rest of the GMC refuses to step up.
So four weeks of attaboyz negates your past decade plus. You are a priceless POS. Your recent warm and fuzzy attitude does not rewrite your history. Own the fact that you are less then one half of a game from backsliding to the coaches suck, the senior class sucks, the fans suck, the admin has no balls etc. After the St. Ed game you were ready to give up and pull your "support". You earned this, now you can live it. Clean up your act and grow up for a decade and perhaps you will have shed your old skin and be respected. Ha, what am I saying?
Old 10-21-17, 02:03 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by oskar View Post
So four weeks of attaboyz negates your past decade plus. You are a priceless POS. Your recent warm and fuzzy attitude does not rewrite your history. Own the fact that you are less then one half of a game from backsliding to the coaches suck, the senior class sucks, the fans suck, the admin has no balls etc. After the St. Ed game you were ready to give up and pull your "support". You earned this, now you can live it. Clean up your act and grow up for a decade and perhaps you will have shed your old skin and be respected. Ha, what am I saying?
To be fair, I was 18-22 when I garnered most of my rep. I'd take back a lot of that. However, I wouldn't take back anything I've written in the last 6-7 years.I'm not looking to "clean up" my act if it means being a company man. I'm going to say what I think is the truth, good or bad. My issue is with the posters who refuse to acknowledge anything that goes against their narrative. One particular poster gleefully watched Eds bash Elder bc it made him look like he knew what he was talking about. And what happens after they annihilate Moeller and WW... crickets.

Right now, Elder has things rolling in a very positive direction. The Defense has really stepped up since the Eds debacle, which was really their only bad game of the year. And now with Bittner at QB and Mazza at RB, the Offense is completely in sync. This is the team, I thought they'd be to start the year.
Old 10-21-17, 06:32 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent and Regina View Post
First time this season. They actually won the state title in 03 in that combo. Why did Broward wear darks for the second year in a row.
I knew that one, there have been a few times where they've worn purple pants with the white jerseys (2014's playoff game out at Wayne for instance), but I can't remember them wearing that combo with this current Under Armor set before, that's what I was asking. Should have been more clear, but thanks VR.