Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09-02-17, 04:47 PM
DonMagicRon DonMagicRon is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-30-10
Location: God's Country
Posts: 8,080
DonMagicRon is on a distinguished road
Week 3: Winton Woods (2-0) @ Springboro (1-1)

Panthers hosting Warriors. Mason put it on Springboro pretty good in Week 1. It was 31-14 with 3 minutes remaining and Springboro scored a final TD at garbage time to make the final 31-21. Week 2 Springboro routed Middletown 37-0.WW knocked off Northmont in Week 1 45-36. And in Week 2 beat West Clermont 25-2. It will be a tough road game for the Warriors.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 09-03-17, 05:42 PM
W@rrior 11 W@rrior 11 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 02-14-09
Location: Cincinnati & Charlotte
Posts: 537
W@rrior 11 is on a distinguished road
WW by 14
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-03-17, 06:20 PM
mrsimp06 mrsimp06 is online now
All American
 
Join Date: 08-09-11
Posts: 1,265
mrsimp06 is on a distinguished road
If the Warriors pound the rock I say two score victory.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-03-17, 08:43 PM
DonMagicRon DonMagicRon is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-30-10
Location: God's Country
Posts: 8,080
DonMagicRon is on a distinguished road
Springboro is well coached and disciplined. Not overly physical but executes well. The QB Roundtree is a heck of a athlete that makes plays with his arm and legs. He could be an issue for the Warrior defense. I think Myles might need to spy and keep Roundtree company all night.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-03-17, 09:21 PM
BoroSenior04 BoroSenior04 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 12-04-12
Posts: 153
BoroSenior04 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsimp06 View Post
If the Warriors pound the rock I say two score victory.
You guys just think we are chop liver? You act like your gonna win with no problem. You probably thought that last year too. It will be a good game but we will beat you guys just like we did last year
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-03-17, 10:23 PM
warriorblue warriorblue is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-19-02
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 5,021
warriorblue is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoroSenior04 View Post
You guys just think we are chop liver? You act like your gonna win with no problem. You probably thought that last year too. It will be a good game but we will beat you guys just like we did last year
Not! WW is going to whoop your !!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09-03-17, 10:25 PM
mrsimp06 mrsimp06 is online now
All American
 
Join Date: 08-09-11
Posts: 1,265
mrsimp06 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoroSenior04 View Post
You guys just think we are chop liver? You act like your gonna win with no problem. You probably thought that last year too. It will be a good game but we will beat you guys just like we did last year
I respect your opinion, how is Boro run defense this year?
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 09-03-17, 10:25 PM
warriorblue warriorblue is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-19-02
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 5,021
warriorblue is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoroSenior04 View Post
You guys just think we are chop liver? You act like your gonna win with no problem. You probably thought that last year too. It will be a good game but we will beat you guys just like we did last year

This isn't last year! WW is going to whoop that BUTT!!
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 09-03-17, 10:27 PM
BoroSenior04 BoroSenior04 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 12-04-12
Posts: 153
BoroSenior04 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorblue View Post
Not! WW is going to whoop your !!
Just like they did last year right? Lmfao
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 09-03-17, 10:29 PM
BoroSenior04 BoroSenior04 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 12-04-12
Posts: 153
BoroSenior04 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorblue View Post
This isn't last year! WW is going to whoop that BUTT!!
I'm glad you think this is such an easy game for you
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 09-03-17, 10:33 PM
The Myth The Myth is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 08-25-04
Posts: 2,538
The Myth is on a distinguished road
Springboro's QB will be the best QB you will see all year. Mason's D1 DT was in his face almost every play and the Boro QB was able to scramble or roll out and find a open WR. Boro is no slouch but Mason was the more athletic team. But Boro is going to be well coached and well prepared. If WW turns over the ball or gets set back with penalties, Springboro will easily win this game. If WW plays a complete game, it will be a close game and either team can win. I don't see WW blowing out Springboro in any fashion just because of coaching and Springboro isn't going to beat themselves.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 09-03-17, 10:34 PM
BoroSenior04 BoroSenior04 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 12-04-12
Posts: 153
BoroSenior04 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsimp06 View Post
I respect your opinion, how is Boro run defense this year?
Against mason it wasn't so good but last week it was a lot better even though it was against middletown. Honestly Im expecting a shootout. How is ww defense this year?
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 09-03-17, 10:38 PM
BoroSenior04 BoroSenior04 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 12-04-12
Posts: 153
BoroSenior04 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Myth View Post
Springboro's QB will be the best QB you will see all year. Mason's D1 DT was in his face almost every play and the Boro QB was able to scramble or roll out and find a open WR. Boro is no slouch but Mason was the more athletic team. But Boro is going to be well coached and well prepared. If WW turns over the ball or gets set back with penalties, Springboro will easily win this game. If WW plays a complete game, it will be a close game and either team can win. I don't see WW blowing out Springboro in any fashion just because of coaching and Springboro isn't going to beat themselves.
Thank you. I agree 100% it was a close game last year down there and they wanna act like they are gonna come in here and destroy us lol. I can see easily another close game for sure
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 09-04-17, 08:08 AM
DonMagicRon DonMagicRon is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-30-10
Location: God's Country
Posts: 8,080
DonMagicRon is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoroSenior04 View Post
Thank you. I agree 100% it was a close game last year down there and they wanna act like they are gonna come in here and destroy us lol. I can see easily another close game for sure
Who's acting like Winton Woods is going to destroy Springboro?
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 09-04-17, 09:33 AM
DonMagicRon DonMagicRon is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-30-10
Location: God's Country
Posts: 8,080
DonMagicRon is on a distinguished road
There are some eyes watching the result of this game. A lot of GCL eyes.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 09-04-17, 11:18 AM
BoroSenior04 BoroSenior04 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 12-04-12
Posts: 153
BoroSenior04 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonMagicRon View Post
Who's acting like Winton Woods is going to destroy Springboro?
Two ppl have already said ww by two scores like it's gonna be such an easy win. I expect a close game just like last year
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 09-04-17, 11:26 AM
DonMagicRon DonMagicRon is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-30-10
Location: God's Country
Posts: 8,080
DonMagicRon is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoroSenior04 View Post
Two ppl have already said ww by two scores like it's gonna be such an easy win. I expect a close game just like last year
Oh. Most people don't look at two scores as an easy win. A running clock is an easy win. I wander how Springboro will decide how to handle their kickoff to Winton Woods. Probably a squib kick or even an onside attempt.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 09-04-17, 11:29 AM
BoroSenior04 BoroSenior04 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 12-04-12
Posts: 153
BoroSenior04 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonMagicRon View Post
Oh. Most people don't look at two scores as an easy win. A running clock is an easy win. I wander how Springboro will decide how to handle their kickoff to Winton Woods. Probably a squib kick or even an onside attempt.
I take it ww has a dangerous return man?
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 09-04-17, 11:32 AM
DonMagicRon DonMagicRon is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-30-10
Location: God's Country
Posts: 8,080
DonMagicRon is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoroSenior04 View Post
I take it ww has a dangerous return man?
Men. Multiple. Your coaches know it. If you don't have a kicker that can consistently put it in the endzone I wouldn't chance it. Squib kick.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 09-04-17, 11:35 AM
BoroSenior04 BoroSenior04 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 12-04-12
Posts: 153
BoroSenior04 is on a distinguished road
Idk what we will do. Can't really give up that good of field position by squibbing or onside kicking everytime. We will see
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 09-04-17, 11:41 AM
DonMagicRon DonMagicRon is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-30-10
Location: God's Country
Posts: 8,080
DonMagicRon is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoroSenior04 View Post
Idk what we will do. Can't really give up that good of field position by squibbing or onside kicking everytime. We will see
Everytime? How many times do you think Springboro will have to kick off?
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 09-04-17, 11:46 AM
BoroSenior04 BoroSenior04 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 12-04-12
Posts: 153
BoroSenior04 is on a distinguished road
We will put points on the board for sure. I wouldn't be surprised if it isn't a high scoring game. Both teams could probably put up 30 plus
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 09-04-17, 01:42 PM
warriorblue warriorblue is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-19-02
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 5,021
warriorblue is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoroSenior04 View Post
I'm glad you think this is such an easy game for you
I really don't think it's going to be easy at all. But when the opposing team talks a little, I like to talk back!!! Boro plays good football. I still remember the playoff game years back! It was a classic!!!
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 09-04-17, 01:43 PM
warriorblue warriorblue is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-19-02
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 5,021
warriorblue is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoroSenior04 View Post
We will put points on the board for sure. I wouldn't be surprised if it isn't a high scoring game. Both teams could probably put up 30 plus
Don't know if WW can put up 30 against Boro. WW O Line is inconsistent.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 09-04-17, 04:23 PM
BoroSenior04 BoroSenior04 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 12-04-12
Posts: 153
BoroSenior04 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorblue View Post
I really don't think it's going to be easy at all. But when the opposing team talks a little, I like to talk back!!! Boro plays good football. I still remember the playoff game years back! It was a classic!!!
I do as well. That was the year we made a deep run in the playoffs. That was a 38 35 game I believe. I really expect this one to be pretty close as well
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 09-04-17, 04:55 PM
DonMagicRon DonMagicRon is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-30-10
Location: God's Country
Posts: 8,080
DonMagicRon is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorblue View Post
Don't know if WW can put up 30 against Boro. WW O Line is inconsistent.
True, but the oline took control of the West Clermont game in the 3rd quarter. They were impressive.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 09-04-17, 08:18 PM
warriorblue warriorblue is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-19-02
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 5,021
warriorblue is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonMagicRon View Post
True, but the oline took control of the West Clermont game in the 3rd quarter. They were impressive.
We will see. West Clermont was very tough for a half. I don't think we attempted one pass play against West. This week should be another test.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 09-05-17, 09:09 PM
DonMagicRon DonMagicRon is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-30-10
Location: God's Country
Posts: 8,080
DonMagicRon is on a distinguished road
This is shaping up to be another must win for the Warriors. If we can get lucky we will have a few days to heel, rest and get those horses on the sideline back. The secondary is playing lights out since the 2nd half of the Northmont game. And those Linebackers
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 09-05-17, 09:24 PM
BoroSenior04 BoroSenior04 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 12-04-12
Posts: 153
BoroSenior04 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonMagicRon View Post
This is shaping up to be another must win for the Warriors. If we can get lucky we will have a few days to heel, rest and get those horses on the sideline back. The secondary is playing lights out since the 2nd half of the Northmont game. And those Linebackers
It could very well be a must win for us as well if we wanna make a return trip to the playoffs. Losing to a division 2 team won't help that and we still have a couple tough road games at Centerville and Miamisburg later on
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 09-06-17, 06:11 AM
DonMagicRon DonMagicRon is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-30-10
Location: God's Country
Posts: 8,080
DonMagicRon is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoroSenior04 View Post
It could very well be a must win for us as well if we wanna make a return trip to the playoffs. Losing to a division 2 team won't help that and we still have a couple tough road games at Centerville and Miamisburg later on
A loss is a loss. There's no Harbin penalty for losing to a D2. Unless you are suggesting that Springboro should be able to run through a D2 team. If that's what you are suggesting, you are sadly mistaken.

Last edited by DonMagicRon; 09-06-17 at 01:05 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
St. Vincent- St. Mary 2017 clarkgriswold Football 187 11-03-17 11:16 PM
Winton Woods v. Northmont mrsimp06 Football 53 09-08-17 05:05 PM
Week 2: Winton Woods (1-0) @ West Clermont (1-0) DonMagicRon Football 77 09-03-17 10:19 PM
Week 1: Mason vs Springboro buckeyes99 Football 3 08-14-17 06:22 PM
Winton Woods field and track resurface warriorblue Football 5 06-08-17 06:44 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:19 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz