Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > League/School Forums > Elder Panthers

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 10-16-17, 03:44 PM
All American

SMARTY22 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorblue View Post
WW will still be Independent.
Thanks, I had not heard anything about them and a League for next yr at all is why I asked.
Old 10-16-17, 06:52 PM
All American

Vincent and Regina is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorblue View Post
On homecoming the visiting bands usually don't perform at many schools.
I have been to somewhere around 200+ HS games and this was the first time I ever saw a visiting team bring a band and they were not allowed to perform at Halftime.
Old 10-16-17, 07:18 PM
All Yappi

EHS 2001 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent and Regina View Post
I have been to somewhere around 200+ HS games and this was the first time I ever saw a visiting team bring a band and they were not allowed to perform at Halftime.
I think that's because when a visiting team's band knows they won't be able to perform at halftime, they usually don't travel to the game. Elder's band knew ahead of time they wouldn't be able to perform, but they came anyway which is why I pointed it out. (If memory serves correctly, two years ago Winton Woods had their homecoming for the Elder game but Elder's band did not attend the game.)

Another downside to the current state of scheduling in Ohio high school football is the fact that for most of Elder's games, only 1 band has performed at halftime. The GCL-South games will be the only 3 regular season games this year where both schools' bands perform at halftime--assuming LaSalle doesn't pull some shenanigans.
Old 10-16-17, 08:22 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by EHS 2001 View Post
I think that's because when a visiting team's band knows they won't be able to perform at halftime, they usually don't travel to the game. Elder's band knew ahead of time they wouldn't be able to perform, but they came anyway which is why I pointed it out. (If memory serves correctly, two years ago Winton Woods had their homecoming for the Elder game but Elder's band did not attend the game.)

Another downside to the current state of scheduling in Ohio high school football is the fact that for most of Elder's games, only 1 band has performed at halftime. The GCL-South games will be the only 3 regular season games this year where both schools' bands perform at halftime--assuming LaSalle doesn't pull some shenanigans.
I thought West brought their band to the first game, but I could be wrong. But Iggy, and Eds did not have two bands, but 250 miles will make bands stay home. Oak Hill would have had their band had it not been moved to Saturday at the last minute.
Old 10-16-17, 08:29 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by EHS 2001 View Post

Just looked at your photos from the West game and I don't think they did bring a band.
Old 10-17-17, 08:10 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent and Regina View Post
OHSAA sets the time limit for sporting events under its jurisdiction? With Home team obviously getting first shot at performing or homecoming or hall of fame inductions etc....
Old 10-17-17, 10:39 AM
Freshman

BandMom is on a distinguished road
The band was originally told they could have 5 minutes, then WW said none due to expanded homecoming festivities.

The band did go two years ago (and I have pictures to prove it..haha).

West did not take a band to Princeton at the beginning of the year, which is pretty customary of their program.

You are correct regarding Oak Hills band not attending due to the last minute change due to inclement weather.

Elder band goes to all games except in KY (some goofy KY rule about bands), and super far games (like Cleveland and Columbus). Now playoffs is another story. The band travels to all playoff games.
Old 10-17-17, 10:52 AM
Varsity

superduper is on a distinguished road
Thanks for the clarification BandMom. I think it is reasonable for WW to refuse a band performance for Homecoming activities. However, they probably could have made it clear from the start that the band would not be able to perform.
Old 10-17-17, 11:41 AM
Freshman

BandMom is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by superduper View Post
Thanks for the clarification BandMom. I think it is reasonable for WW to refuse a band performance for Homecoming activities. However, they probably could have made it clear from the start that the band would not be able to perform.
That would have been nice. We found out on Thursday.

The band definitely makes a difference. Especially when they sit with the fans instead of in the end zone.
Old 10-17-17, 03:35 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by BandMom View Post
That would have been nice. We found out on Thursday.

The band definitely makes a difference. Especially when they sit with the fans instead of in the end zone.
Thank you to the Senior Band members as well for the hard work they have put in the last 4 yrs!