Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Wrestling

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 10-10-17, 09:23 PM
All American

Yankeefan33 is on a distinguished road
Nathan Tomasello out until January with injury

https://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-...er-body-injury

Apparently sustained in U23 trials. Hope for a speedy recovery
Sponsored Links
Old 10-11-17, 11:28 AM
All District

borntopin is on a distinguished road
Bummer, I saw that this morning. Hopefully he can make a full recovery and be his dominant self. They said he was beat by a Okie St true freshman phenom Daton Fix in a best of 3 in the finals. Will Fix be 125 this year? If so looks like he will be a force to deal with.
Old 10-15-17, 11:12 AM
All American

MitSulHer is on a distinguished road
Fix will redshirt I believe.
Old 10-15-17, 02:18 PM
All World

MPhillips is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by borntopin View Post
Bummer, I saw that this morning. Hopefully he can make a full recovery and be his dominant self. They said he was beat by a Okie St true freshman phenom Daton Fix in a best of 3 in the finals. Will Fix be 125 this year? If so looks like he will be a force to deal with.
They were close matches, but there is no doubt...Fix is that good!
Old 10-17-17, 06:21 PM
All Ohio

ProV1 is on a distinguished road
Listened to the Steelwood podcast and they inferred that the injury is pretty serious. Those guys are pretty close to Nato and basically said he is going to give it his best shot this year. Hope it is not as bad as it sounds.
Old 10-17-17, 09:59 PM
All American

Yankeefan33 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProV1 View Post
Listened to the Steelwood podcast and they inferred that the injury is pretty serious. Those guys are pretty close to Nato and basically said he is going to give it his best shot this year. Hope it is not as bad as it sounds.
The "good" news is, the way I understand the postseason is structured, NaTo will theoretically only have to win like two matches at Big 10s to qualify for NCAAs and those are the only matches he will have to wrestle at all this year before NCAAs.
Old 10-22-17, 09:31 AM
All World

bdhof is on a distinguished road
An update here:

https://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-...eniscus-repair

Still talking about January after an "arthroscopic procedure on his right knee Wednesday following an MRI. The procedure involved trimming a portion of his meniscus."

In terms of knee injuries, I'd take this as good news., or at least not terrible news.

Still haven't heard anything about McKenna's injury.
Old 10-23-17, 12:09 AM
All District

standup is on a distinguished road
Here's the thing with knee miniscus injuries....
Anytime ya cut out cartilage we significanlty increase the chances of early age arthritits.
And if arthritis is bad at an early age.........say 45 .....and a total knee replacement is required...that is a hard reality. That knee replacement surgery says, you can never run again; limiting a key way to get a good cardio work out in for your life's remainder.
Also these total joints do not last forever....and the total knee revision surgery is heavy duty stuff for sure.
With our life expectancies increasing every year, the sad reality of a great many athletes.......lower extremity arthtritis too early in life with many years yet to live affecting quality of life in many ways.
I hope for Nathan a tiny minicus tear a quick recovery and a great long term prognosis. Go Bucks!
Old 10-23-17, 07:07 AM
All Region

innoshape is on a distinguished road
Standup: Although I do agree with what you say, I believe there are some genetically gifted athletes that represent the exception.