Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Girls HS Sports > Girls Soccer

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-02-17, 09:33 AM
Sports_Fan_ Sports_Fan_ is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 02-12-16
Posts: 77
Sports_Fan_ is on a distinguished road
Draw for Tournament

As the State tourney draw close this next weekend I have a question. What looks better on a resume a cupcake schedule and wins or tough schedule and losses? Case in point Little Miami vs . Lakota East

Little Miami - 13-2 (plays Edgewood to end it will finish 14-2 6-0 in SWOC) Only quality wins I see is Hamilton & Milford. Cupcake schedule the entire rest of the way.

Lakota East - 5-7-1 (4-2 GMC) great schedule all season played Walsh, Springboro, Centerville and the list goes on and on.

Little Miami was 15-1 last year had a great seed and got bounced 1st round last year. SWOC is a bad conference not sure how coaches put Little Miami higher than 18-20 in voting. Cupcakes or tough schedule?

SWOC- is also going to double games in conference next fall so next year Little Miami will go 12-0 in conference play and set 4 games outside the conference for non-league games. Next year the could go 16-0 and pick 4 cupcakes outside it’s confernce games.

Last edited by Sports_Fan_; 10-02-17 at 09:53 AM..
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 10-02-17, 10:55 AM
3343 3343 is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: 09-07-17
Posts: 28
3343 is on a distinguished road
Unfortunately what I have seen in the past is that coaches only look at records. Just like last year they will probably get a decent seed because of their record.

As we have seen with some of the coaches polls where schools without a team are getting votes, there are a handful of coaches who don't look into things before they click for things.

If it were me, id rather play a tough schedule and have some loses along the way and be ready for the tournament when it rolls around.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-02-17, 11:18 AM
werns63 werns63 is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 11-03-06
Posts: 427
werns63 is on a distinguished road
I would expect the seeds to resemble this weeks poll.

OH Girls Soccer, Division I: Week 7
1. Loveland ( 16 ) 160
2. Mason 128
3. St Ursula 122
4. Fairfield 116
5. Sycamore 79
6. Ursuline Academy 61
7. Turpin 51
8. Lakota West 48
9. Mount Notre Dame 47
10. Lakota East ( 1 ) 26

Others: Little Miami 19, Hamilton 18, Lebanon 18, West Clermont 10, Oak Hills 7, Anderson 6, Milford 6, Harrison 4, Withrow 4, Western Brown 3, Mercy 1, Seton 1

I guess someone thought it'd be funny that Withrow gets voted and Lakota East gets a 1st place vote? Interesting with Hamilton.. Anderson is also much better than the polls show.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-02-17, 11:25 AM
NECincySoccerFan NECincySoccerFan is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 08-10-16
Posts: 16
NECincySoccerFan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by werns63 View Post
I would expect the seeds to resemble this weeks poll.

OH Girls Soccer, Division I: Week 7
1. Loveland ( 16 ) 160
2. Mason 128
3. St Ursula 122
4. Fairfield 116
5. Sycamore 79
6. Ursuline Academy 61
7. Turpin 51
8. Lakota West 48
9. Mount Notre Dame 47
10. Lakota East ( 1 ) 26

Others: Little Miami 19, Hamilton 18, Lebanon 18, West Clermont 10, Oak Hills 7, Anderson 6, Milford 6, Harrison 4, Withrow 4, Western Brown 3, Mercy 1, Seton 1

I guess someone thought it'd be funny that Withrow gets voted and Lakota East gets a 1st place vote? Interesting with Hamilton.. Anderson is also much better than the polls show.
So by my math, the same person who voted Lakota East #1 did not vote for Loveland in the top 10...
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-02-17, 11:29 AM
werns63 werns63 is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 11-03-06
Posts: 427
werns63 is on a distinguished road
Sportsfan, I know you love your Hamilton team, however what is your thoughts on the schedule though? Wins are against probably the bottom D1 teams.

The out of conference schedule is not the strongest:

6 wins against:
Colerain, Talawanda, Princeton, Edgewood, Kings, Harrison. I do give them credit though, with competitive results against GMC foes and drawing Anderson. Hamilton is definitely a tough competitor, but wouldn't you like to see their Out of conference schedule, increase?
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-02-17, 11:30 AM
werns63 werns63 is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 11-03-06
Posts: 427
werns63 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by NECincySoccerFan View Post
So by my math, the same person who voted Lakota East #1 did not vote for Loveland in the top 10...
Correct, pretty weird and messed up.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-02-17, 12:50 PM
HaaaveYouMetTed HaaaveYouMetTed is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 09-02-15
Posts: 249
HaaaveYouMetTed is on a distinguished road
Will be interesting to see how the coaches sort through Fairfield, Sycamore, East, West, Turpin, MND, Ursuline. Not a ton of separation there IMO, but there is a big difference between a 4 seed and a 10 seed. I'm assuming Loveland, Mason, and SUA are top 3 seeds, but realize that's not a given.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 10-02-17, 01:07 PM
Sports_Fan_ Sports_Fan_ is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 02-12-16
Posts: 77
Sports_Fan_ is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by werns63 View Post
Sportsfan, I know you love your Hamilton team, however what is your thoughts on the schedule though? Wins are against probably the bottom D1 teams.

The out of conference schedule is not the strongest:

6 wins against:
Colerain, Talawanda, Princeton, Edgewood, Kings, Harrison. I do give them credit though, with competitive results against GMC foes and drawing Anderson. Hamilton is definitely a tough competitor, but wouldn't you like to see their Out of conference schedule, increase?
I would agree and the head coach addressed this at preseason meeting with parents. I donít think he had control over his schedule until now. I know Edgewood, Talawanda, Harrison & Little Miami are all gone for next year. I know the coach has tried to drop Talawanda & Edgewood since he got the job 3yrs ago but AD kept those games.

GMC- scores have all been competitive and honestly every game Hamilton has played competitive. Itíll be interesting how they do against Mason & Oak Hills to end it. I also agree they will be a tough out this tournament. Sycamore, East & West games were fantastic games that came down to a few plays. Hamilton was up 1-0 at half vs FF and fell apart 2nd half with cards and some tough calls. I think Hamilton is a top 10 team, but we will see!
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 10-02-17, 07:42 PM
soccerfan63 soccerfan63 is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: 07-17-17
Posts: 29
soccerfan63 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by NECincySoccerFan View Post
So by my math, the same person who voted Lakota East #1 did not vote for Loveland in the top 10...
As I have said before, this should be monitored and in cases like this, the coaches voting rights should be revoked. Or as someone else put it, make the votes a public record so we can see who this jerk is.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 10-02-17, 09:49 PM
Futbol2017 Futbol2017 is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: 05-26-17
Posts: 36
Futbol2017 is on a distinguished road
It's been a long time since I've seen the top 10 being so close! Except Loveland.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 10-03-17, 11:26 AM
HaaaveYouMetTed HaaaveYouMetTed is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 09-02-15
Posts: 249
HaaaveYouMetTed is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Futbol2017 View Post
It's been a long time since I've seen the top 10 being so close! Except Loveland.
A lot of games that will have big seeding implications for those teams this week. FF @ East, Sycamore @ West, Turpin @ West, MND @ Ursuline. Tournament seed voting wraps up on Saturday, I believe, with brackets set on Sunday. Right now, here's my top ten.

1. Loveland
2. St. Ursula
3. Mason
4. Fairfield
5. Sycamore
6. Turpin
7. Ursuline
8. Lakota West
9. Lakota East
10. MND
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 10-03-17, 11:42 AM
philly1622 philly1622 is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 05-09-16
Posts: 19
philly1622 is on a distinguished road
If you wanna see a cupcake schedule. Look at d2 #9 Jonathan Alder. Year in and year out they schedule terrible games (can't help their league stinks). Going into last night's game vs Springfield Shawnee, the best team they had played had 3 or 4 wins. And they tied them. Their opponent record is 38-84. 11 of those wins came against Shawnee last night. They play terrible teams and try to kill them and score as many goals as they can.
It's a joke, but then tourney they always lose to a team that plays actual competition and soccer all year. Drives me crazy.

/end rant

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 10-03-17, 12:28 PM
werns63 werns63 is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 11-03-06
Posts: 427
werns63 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaaaveYouMetTed View Post
A lot of games that will have big seeding implications for those teams this week. FF @ East, Sycamore @ West, Turpin @ West, MND @ Ursuline. Tournament seed voting wraps up on Saturday, I believe, with brackets set on Sunday. Right now, here's my top ten.

1. Loveland
2. St. Ursula
3. Mason
4. Fairfield
5. Sycamore
6. Turpin
7. Ursuline
8. Lakota West
9. Lakota East
10. MND
Would agree with that. Not much difference between 2-10.. Although Ursula starting to play well.. Loveland probably wont get a test until the district final. They may have like the highest seed in their bracket coming in at like 18 lol. Going to be a few group of deaths.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 10-03-17, 04:06 PM
Futbol2017 Futbol2017 is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: 05-26-17
Posts: 36
Futbol2017 is on a distinguished road
Agree with you Werns, Sycamore has some big games left, West, Loveland and Ursuline. We'll see how they do. MND has had a down year. Turpin isn't playing like they have in the past. Did MND and Turpin take a hit from the DA?
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 10-03-17, 05:04 PM
istillplay istillplay is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 10-27-16
Posts: 19
istillplay is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Futbol2017 View Post
Agree with you Werns, Sycamore has some big games left, West, Loveland and Ursuline. We'll see how they do. MND has had a down year. Turpin isn't playing like they have in the past. Did MND and Turpin take a hit from the DA?
MND lost one to DA. They've been hurt most of the year. Just now getting healthy although arguably best player is still out. Bigger challenge is new coach learning high school. They've been in most every game but wear out due to little to no subbing. Played Loveland well but Loveland wore them down. Similar in most matches.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 10-04-17, 10:47 AM
Conan73 Conan73 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 02-10-16
Posts: 147
Conan73 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by istillplay View Post
MND lost one to DA. They've been hurt most of the year. Just now getting healthy although arguably best player is still out. Bigger challenge is new coach learning high school. They've been in most every game but wear out due to little to no subbing. Played Loveland well but Loveland wore them down. Similar in most matches.
Most people don't realize how loaded last year's MND team was. In previous posts it's been argued that given the talent the team had, it under acheived.
Last year's senior class graduated 8 seniors. 7 of those girls went on to play in college across D1, D2, and D3. They were all MRL, ECNL, or National League players. By any standards, that's a stacked class that is hard to replace.

While MND now has similar numbers in the elite club leagues, those players are spread out over multiple classes. The team is very young now. At various points during this season, they have played with only 1-3 seniors on the pitch at the same time. This is a rebuilding year.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 10-04-17, 11:09 AM
HaaaveYouMetTed HaaaveYouMetTed is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 09-02-15
Posts: 249
HaaaveYouMetTed is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conan73 View Post
Most people don't realize how loaded last year's MND team was. In previous posts it's been argued that given the talent the team had, it under acheived.
Last year's senior class graduated 8 seniors. 7 of those girls went on to play in college across D1, D2, and D3. They were all MRL, ECNL, or National League players. By any standards, that's a stacked class that is hard to replace.

While MND now has similar numbers in the elite club leagues, those players are spread out over multiple classes. The team is very young now. At various points during this season, they have played with only 1-3 seniors on the pitch at the same time. This is a rebuilding year.
Last year's team was STACKED. Have to temper expectations after graduating a class like that. MND will still be a tough out this year, and certainly seem capable of pulling off an upset or two in the tournament despite their relative youth.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 10-04-17, 02:25 PM
CinciSoccerFan CinciSoccerFan is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 10-07-11
Posts: 87
CinciSoccerFan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Futbol2017 View Post
Agree with you Werns, Sycamore has some big games left, West, Loveland and Ursuline. We'll see how they do. MND has had a down year. Turpin isn't playing like they have in the past. Did MND and Turpin take a hit from the DA?
Turpin lost a striker and a midfielder to DA and after beating three top 10 teams to start the season, they lost a PreDA defender and midfielder to injury.
They are still talented as they competed with Loveland to a 0-1 loss and tied StUrsula 0-0....Will win a few games in the tournament.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 10-05-17, 03:42 PM
HaaaveYouMetTed HaaaveYouMetTed is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 09-02-15
Posts: 249
HaaaveYouMetTed is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by CinciSoccerFan View Post
Turpin lost a striker and a midfielder to DA and after beating three top 10 teams to start the season, they lost a PreDA defender and midfielder to injury.
They are still talented as they competed with Loveland to a 0-1 loss and tied StUrsula 0-0....Will win a few games in the tournament.
Turpin will compete with every team they play. That will make them a dangerous team in the tournament. Hope they can get healthy in the next couple of weeks!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Article: Amherst, Midview battle to scoreless draw Yappi Girls Soccer 0 08-31-17 12:22 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:00 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz