Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Girls HS Sports > Girls Soccer

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-03-17, 07:15 PM
Yappi Yappi is offline
Go Buckeyes
 
Join Date: 04-15-01
Location: Ohio
Posts: 45,250
Yappi will become famous soon enough
Girls Soccer Scores (10/03)

Please post scores from Tuesday games here...
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 10-03-17, 07:56 PM
HaaaveYouMetTed HaaaveYouMetTed is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 09-02-15
Posts: 244
HaaaveYouMetTed is on a distinguished road
West Clermont 0
Loveland 3
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-03-17, 07:59 PM
philly1622 philly1622 is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 05-09-16
Posts: 19
philly1622 is on a distinguished road
Granville 5
Hartley 1

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-03-17, 08:03 PM
rcrosby rcrosby is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 08-03-15
Posts: 85
rcrosby is on a distinguished road
Fairfield 5
Lakota East 0


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-03-17, 08:15 PM
werns63 werns63 is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 11-03-06
Posts: 426
werns63 is on a distinguished road
Oak Hills -1
Lakota West - 1

Mason -4
Colerain -0
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-03-17, 08:28 PM
xscoutsoc xscoutsoc is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 11-02-10
Location: The Queen City
Posts: 345
xscoutsoc is on a distinguished road
Summit 9
NCH 1
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-03-17, 08:47 PM
iluvsnow iluvsnow is online now
All Region
 
Join Date: 10-26-07
Posts: 316
iluvsnow is on a distinguished road
Bellbrook followed up its draw with the state's number one team Alter Saturday with a solid 4-0 win at Monroe tonight.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 10-03-17, 09:42 PM
Matt Goeller Matt Goeller is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 11-29-12
Posts: 55
Matt Goeller is on a distinguished road
Oakwood 5
Franklin 1
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 10-04-17, 06:31 AM
werns63 werns63 is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 11-03-06
Posts: 426
werns63 is on a distinguished road
Hamilton 11
Middletown 0

Last edited by werns63; 10-04-17 at 11:04 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 10-04-17, 07:09 AM
Ihatekickball Ihatekickball is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: 10-19-15
Posts: 39
Ihatekickball is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by werns63 View Post
Hanilton 11
Middletown 0

I guess since everyone else beat middletown by 6, 8, 9, 10, Hamilton had to win by 11 to show they won by the most? As if the other gmc teams didn't hold back from scoring 30.
Got to pad those stats for those all important year end awards.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 10-04-17, 07:35 AM
Sports_Fan_ Sports_Fan_ is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 02-12-16
Posts: 77
Sports_Fan_ is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ihatekickball View Post
Got to pad those stats for those all important year end awards.
Well thatís not true. Hamilton played JV players almost the entire 2nd half and had 4 maybe 5 kids from defense positions that have never scored, score goals. The coach moved players all over and sat his entire varsity group almost the entire 2nd half. On top of that it was senior and started all 10 seniors the first 10 minutes of the game in which 3/4 of those girls donít play so in reality his starters maybe played 25-30 minutes.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 10-04-17, 07:54 AM
Ihatekickball Ihatekickball is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: 10-19-15
Posts: 39
Ihatekickball is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sports_Fan_ View Post
Well thatís not true. Hamilton played JV players almost the entire 2nd half and had 4 maybe 5 kids from defense positions that have never scored, score goals. The coach moved players all over and sat his entire varsity group almost the entire 2nd half. On top of that it was senior and started all 10 seniors the first 10 minutes of the game in which 3/4 of those girls donít play so in reality his starters maybe played 25-30 minutes.

If that's the case I salute their coach. When my oldest daughter played, Hamilton was on the other end of those games. They have become a respectable program so I hope they aren't kicking the others while they are down. Next year my youngest daughter will be playing (for mason) and I expect hard fought games with them.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 10-04-17, 08:54 AM
Futbol2017 Futbol2017 is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: 05-26-17
Posts: 35
Futbol2017 is on a distinguished road
Smh.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 10-04-17, 08:57 AM
werns63 werns63 is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 11-03-06
Posts: 426
werns63 is on a distinguished road
I suppose. I personally think a 9 goal win is the cut off point in HS. 10 goals I can see.. But nothing over that. 11, 12, 13, just rubs people the wrong way.

You always see 9-0 games or even 10-0 games. But when its over that, its craftsman award area..

You can literally tell your girls to stop at 9 or 10, and explain to them sportsmanship... They'll listen...

Everyone else played Middletown (Except Colerain) down a man and with their JV players for majority of game, so using that as an example of why it was a 11 goal win, isnt legit. Mason, East, West, FF, Oak Hills could have all won 25-0 if they wanted.

Just my thoughts.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 10-04-17, 09:40 AM
Sports_Fan_ Sports_Fan_ is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 02-12-16
Posts: 77
Sports_Fan_ is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ihatekickball View Post
If that's the case I salute their coach. When my oldest daughter played, Hamilton was on the other end of those games. They have become a respectable program so I hope they aren't kicking the others while they are down. Next year my youngest daughter will be playing (for mason) and I expect hard fought games with them.
I agree, and I know the coach was the varsity assistant at the time when my oldest daughter was there getting beat up on. I remember the Turpin game a few years back losing 10-0 and their best player scored the 10th goal with a few seconds left in the match. The fact the best striker was in looking for the 10th goal rubbed me wrong from the stands as well, Hamilton has been on the other sides of many of games as well!
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 10-04-17, 09:44 AM
HaaaveYouMetTed HaaaveYouMetTed is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 09-02-15
Posts: 244
HaaaveYouMetTed is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by werns63 View Post
I suppose. I personally think a 9 goal win is the cut off point in HS. 10 goals I can see.. But nothing over that. 11, 12, 13, just rubs people the wrong way.

You always see 9-0 games or even 10-0 games. But when its over that, its craftsman award area..

You can literally tell your girls to stop at 9 or 10, and explain to them sportsmanship... They'll listen...

Everyone else played Middletown (Except Colerain) down a man and with their JV players for majority of game, so using that as an example of why it was a 11 goal win, isnt legit. Mason, East, West, FF, Oak Hills could have all won 25-0 if they wanted.

Just my thoughts.
I agree. Once it hits 8 or 9, call off the dogs. A few years ago, Loveland beat Withrow 9-0 after their coach had told them to stop at 8. Next practice, they ran. This year, coach limited them to 8 goals again. Girls decided they would stop at 7.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 10-04-17, 09:47 AM
Sports_Fan_ Sports_Fan_ is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 02-12-16
Posts: 77
Sports_Fan_ is on a distinguished road
[QUOTE=werns63;6858279]I suppose. I personally think a 9 goal win is the cut off point in HS. 10 goals I can see.. But nothing over that. 11, 12, 13, just rubs people the wrong way.

You always see 9-0 games or even 10-0 games. But when its over that, its craftsman award area..


Everyone else played Middletown (Except Colerain) down a man and with their JV players for majority of game, so using that as an example of why it was a 11 goal win, isnt legit. Mason, East, West, FF, Oak Hills could have all won 25-0 if they wanted.

Iím sure the coach expressed to the players sportsman ship Iíve heard it from him for 8yrs now at Big Blue. So why is ď11Ē the number? In baseball the have a ďrun ruleĒ do we not want to run rule teams? They had a running clock the entire 2nd half of the match. My old coach used to say ďdonít get bitter get betterĒ. Why do we take fun out of other kids who have never scored in a game? Itís time to stop passing out trophies for participating and let kids know itís hard work and dedication that wins not just showing up! Nobody ever felt sorry for Hamilton!!

Just my thoughts
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 10-04-17, 10:02 AM
NECincySoccerFan NECincySoccerFan is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 08-10-16
Posts: 16
NECincySoccerFan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by werns63 View Post
I suppose. I personally think a 9 goal win is the cut off point in HS. 10 goals I can see.. But nothing over that. 11, 12, 13, just rubs people the wrong way.

You always see 9-0 games or even 10-0 games. But when its over that, its craftsman award area..

You can literally tell your girls to stop at 9 or 10, and explain to them sportsmanship... They'll listen...

Everyone else played Middletown (Except Colerain) down a man and with their JV players for majority of game, so using that as an example of why it was a 11 goal win, isnt legit. Mason, East, West, FF, Oak Hills could have all won 25-0 if they wanted.

Just my thoughts.


Based on history Mason will find a way to score 8 or less when they play them on Thursday



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 10-04-17, 10:02 AM
HaaaveYouMetTed HaaaveYouMetTed is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 09-02-15
Posts: 244
HaaaveYouMetTed is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sports_Fan_ View Post
Iím sure the coach expressed to the players sportsman ship Iíve heard it from him for 8yrs now at Big Blue. So why is ď11Ē the number? In baseball the have a ďrun ruleĒ do we not want to run rule teams? They had a running clock the entire 2nd half of the match. My old coach used to say ďdonít get bitter get betterĒ. Why do we take fun out of other kids who have never scored in a game? Itís time to stop passing out trophies for participating and let kids know itís hard work and dedication that wins not just showing up! Nobody ever felt sorry for Hamilton!!

Just my thoughts
I think that's a fair point. There's something to be said for giving your best effort all the time. And if your JV players' best effort results in 11-0, it is what it is. But you have to balance that with respecting the other team. It's a line drawing question, and it sounds like most people, myself included, are more comfortable drawing that line somewhere before 11.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 10-04-17, 10:54 AM
werns63 werns63 is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 11-03-06
Posts: 426
werns63 is on a distinguished road
Everyone has their own opinion, I respect yours, just curious...

Everyone has their own thoughts on winning 6-0 vs 9-0 vs 11-0..I do see your point. I see both sides of winning 11-0 and what you're saying, and stopping at single digits. But to your theory, would you of been ok with a 16-0 win if that's how it played out? Not saying you're wrong, just gaining perspective.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 10-04-17, 11:17 AM
Sports_Fan_ Sports_Fan_ is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 02-12-16
Posts: 77
Sports_Fan_ is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by werns63 View Post
Everyone has their own opinion, I respect yours, just curious...

Everyone has their own thoughts on winning 6-0 vs 9-0 vs 11-0..I do see your point. I see both sides of winning 11-0 and what you're saying, and stopping at single digits. But to your theory, would you of been ok with a 16-0 win if that's how it played out? Not saying you're wrong, just gaining perspective.
I don’t know if I have an amount that I would agree with. If a football team beats my beloved Hamilton 49-0 and has the coach has his entire 2nd string in the 2nd half is that bad? In basketball you win by 35 with starters on the bench is that bad? In baseball you score 15 runs and put other kids you have them strikeout? Is it bad for bench players to go in and be told “don’t score we don’t want to run the score up” as a bench player id say the heck with that! I’ve sat all
Season watching other kids play and now I’m finally in the game, but not allowed to score..that sounds terrible! A kid coming off the bench that has been excited to play and going to training each day and being told not to score isn’t fair either!
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 10-04-17, 11:44 AM
Ihatekickball Ihatekickball is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: 10-19-15
Posts: 39
Ihatekickball is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sports_Fan_ View Post
I donít know if I have an amount that I would agree with. If a football team beats my beloved Hamilton 49-0 and has the coach has his entire 2nd string in the 2nd half is that bad? In basketball you win by 35 with starters on the bench is that bad? In baseball you score 15 runs and put other kids you have them strikeout? Is it bad for bench players to go in and be told ďdonít score we donít want to run the score upĒ as a bench player id say the heck with that! Iíve sat all
Season watching other kids play and now Iím finally in the game, but not allowed to score..that sounds terrible!
A kid coming off the bench that has been excited to play and going to training each day and being told not to score isnít fair either!

I didn't see the box score to see if the starters scored the majority of the goals but if they had jv and kids that don't play much in, I'm fine with that. But I dont buy the "get better and you don't have to worry about it" perspective. It's not a individual sport. And some school have difficulty even gathering enough for a team at times. There is certainly something to be said about "learning how to win" and having respect for your opponents. Not sure that's the case here but like I said if the score was ran up by the starters I think the coach should have put a halt to it.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 10-04-17, 12:13 PM
Sports_Fan_ Sports_Fan_ is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 02-12-16
Posts: 77
Sports_Fan_ is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ihatekickball View Post
I didn't see the box score to see if the starters scored the majority of the goals but if they had jv and kids that don't play much in, I'm fine with that. But I dont buy the "get better and you don't have to worry about it" perspective. It's not a individual sport. And some school have difficulty even gathering enough for a team at times. There is certainly something to be said about "learning how to win" and having respect for your opponents. Not sure that's the case here but like I said if the score was ran up by the starters I think the coach should have put a halt to it.
I was at the game and I know for a fact 4/5 goals were put in by starters and in fact their top scorer only scored 1. We would have to agree to disagree I guess Iím old school where I do believe in the ďget better everydayĒ perspective. Iím not a fan of handing out participation trophies for 5,6,7,8,9 place so everyone gets a medal. But I guess to each their own! I guess also Iíve seen a program that got smacked for 35+ years now smacking back and it offends people.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 10-04-17, 12:55 PM
Ihatekickball Ihatekickball is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: 10-19-15
Posts: 39
Ihatekickball is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sports_Fan_ View Post
I was at the game and I know for a fact 4/5 goals were put in by starters and in fact their top scorer only scored 1. We would have to agree to disagree I guess Iím old school where I do believe in the ďget better everydayĒ perspective. Iím not a fan of handing out participation trophies for 5,6,7,8,9 place so everyone gets a medal. But I guess to each their own! I guess also Iíve seen a program that got smacked for 35+ years now smacking back and it offends people.
I suppose you are correct. Looking at another thread I saw that Hamilton's non conference schedule is weak at best. If hamilton was smacking people around try playing a team that can smack back....... I dont see a win from a team to be excited about yet.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 10-04-17, 03:29 PM
Sports_Fan_ Sports_Fan_ is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 02-12-16
Posts: 77
Sports_Fan_ is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ihatekickball View Post
I suppose you are correct. Looking at another thread I saw that Hamilton's non conference schedule is weak at best. If hamilton was smacking people around try playing a team that can smack back....... I dont see a win from a team to be excited about yet.
I would agree with that BUT I would say if you push that tab button that pulls up previous years on the GMC site you would see they are smacking back. A program that had won 1/2 GMC games ever compared to the 4th place finish last year a much improved program. A program that had never won tourney game has 1 each of the past 2 seasons. I would also saying playing in the GMC it’s a tough row each game outside a Middletown, each team is improving. The entire SWOC has been dropped by the coach for next year and have picked up ECCL teams and GGCL teams. Also as you know the best teams don’t always win a tough call here or there or bad bounce can determine a game. Hamilton has solid players all over the field, a strong group of strikers, solid defense and great keeper. I would put them up against anyone BUT Loveland who will walk through Cincinnati.

I also put in the other thread the head coach has no had control of the schedule. They have played what was given to them.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Girls Soccer Scores (9/28) Yappi Girls Soccer 2 09-29-17 07:08 AM
Girls Soccer Scores (9/27) Yappi Girls Soccer 5 09-28-17 07:10 AM
Girls Soccer Scores (9/2) Yappi Girls Soccer 23 09-05-17 05:05 PM
Girls Soccer Scores (8/31) Yappi Girls Soccer 15 09-01-17 07:42 AM
Girls Soccer Scores (8/23) Yappi Girls Soccer 18 08-24-17 08:09 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:18 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz