Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Wrestling

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Closed Thread

Old 11-06-13, 08:17 PM
All Yappi

bucksman will become famous soon enough
Post-season approaching, quick board "rules" reminder

Most of the stuff is pretty obvious: respect each other as posters, post in a respectful/appropriate manner, avoid excessive speculation, etc.

We as moderators will try our best to keep control of that type of stuff - though we don't have time to necessarily look at every thread and/or be on the board at all times.

Generally speaking, the preference is to deal with the "bad" posts and keep discussion going; but when that is no longer possible, threads will get closed and/or deleted. On that note, please do not discuss board moderation decisions on the board, those should be handled privately/off-line.

Now and especially as we approach the season, the board seems to cycle at a solid pace. Therefore, I would like to keep as many relevant and germane topics on the main page. On that note, try and be mindful and keep related discussions to one (or limited) thread/s - search page two please if it's not on page one.

During the season, the scope of discussion pretty much is primary high school (given this is a high school board), with secondary on college and above and some youth/junior high. On that note, there is a sub-board available for "Tournaments looking for teams, open tournaments, wrestling camps/clubs, etc." Please try our best to keep that stuff there during the season.

While I can't codify it, the preference is to avoid threads that are outright advertising (i.e. something that is not discussion-based, presentation of a wrestling opportunity, etc). Most of us have a degree of common sense. Please use twitter, facebook, etc. for that other stuff.

Thanks in advance, and enjoy the season.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-12-14, 12:26 AM
All Yappi

The high school post-season is approaching, and it seems that discussion is getting stifled by non-high school stuff.

In the interest of that, I am going to start clamping down on stuff that is not high school or college. General stuff fine, specific, not so much.
Old 02-12-14, 09:52 AM
Freshman

bksixer is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucksman View Post
The high school post-season is approaching, and it seems that discussion is getting stifled by non-high school stuff.

In the interest of that, I am going to start clamping down on stuff that is not high school or college. General stuff fine, specific, not so much.
Great and Thanks. What about Sub Forums for Youth/MS ?
Old 02-13-14, 08:43 AM
Junior Varsity

altherrweb is on a distinguished road
I agree

would also like to see a subforum for youth
Old 02-13-14, 09:04 AM
Freshman

otoshi is on a distinguished road
I second that of seeing a youth/jr.high sub forum!
Old 02-13-14, 09:08 AM
All American

rjewards is on a distinguished road
high school rules at this time of year...just saying...
Old 02-13-14, 02:01 PM
All District

Ohiowrestler285 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by warriors View Post
How about a youth forum? Why this year any different than the past?
This forum has always been a High School and above forum. Admins were very strict on that and they have let some things slide. IMO I think they are just cracking down on the youth discussions filling up the High School board. There's plenty of time to discuss your little hammers when they get to high school. At the age of 5-10 years old it's kind of silly. I'm personally glad they have eliminated the clutter.
Old 02-13-14, 02:35 PM
All Yappi

End of discussion. The board is primarily high school or above. I'm laying the hammer down as we hit the post-season, because I feel the high school and above discussion has gotten stifled and cluttered out.

If you don't like it, tough.
Closed Thread