Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Baseball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
View Poll Results: Who wins?
Minster 4 44.44%
Fort Loramie 5 55.56%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-20-18, 12:42 PM
Go Buckeyes

Yappi will become famous soon enoughYappi will become famous soon enough
D4 Lorain Region: Minster vs Fort Loramie

D4 Lorain Region: Minster vs Fort Loramie
05/24 - 5:00 PM @ Carlton Davidson Stadium
Sponsored Links
Old 05-20-18, 04:27 PM
All World

troyboy73 is on a distinguished road
Towns are just two miles apart.
Old 05-21-18, 06:32 AM
All Region

ReadyKnightsFan is on a distinguished road
Split the season 1-1.. Should be a good game
Old 05-21-18, 07:31 AM
All Ohio

Michael Hirn is on a distinguished road
The first matchup that was originally scheduled as a DH was interesting as Minster blew it open in the 6th with a 6 run inning.
Old 05-21-18, 08:46 AM
All District

foghat78 is on a distinguished road
I don't like how the OHSAA pre determines regional sites. 3 of the 4 schools in this regional sit within 10 minutes of each other. Why make Loramie and Minster travel an hour to play one another. Both teams will bring large crowds to Springfield but think what the atmosphere would be like if they played at a closer location like Sidney? It would make more sense to me to assign games like they do for football playoffs, and wait for matchups to assign locations.
Old 05-21-18, 09:45 AM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by foghat78 View Post
I don't like how the OHSAA pre determines regional sites. 3 of the 4 schools in this regional sit within 10 minutes of each other. Why make Loramie and Minster travel an hour to play one another. Both teams will bring large crowds to Springfield but think what the atmosphere would be like if they played at a closer location like Sidney? It would make more sense to me to assign games like they do for football playoffs, and wait for matchups to assign locations.
Agreed.
Old 05-21-18, 10:55 AM
All American

tcgobucks is on a distinguished road
Every year....every sport.....someone complains about the location of the REGIONAL. Unreal. Your team is STILL PLAYING!!! There are hundreds of teams that would love to be playing this week....I'm sure if you want to trade spots with them, they'd be fine with it. Yes, it seems crazy that two schools 10 minutes apart drive an hour.....but they didn't know what schools would be playing when they picked the location for the Regional. With weather issues, the OHSAA has enough problems getting tourney games rescheduled....waiting until 4 days before a regional to determine what field to play on would just be too much headache
Old 05-21-18, 11:56 AM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcgobucks View Post
Every year....every sport.....someone complains about the location of the REGIONAL. Unreal. Your team is STILL PLAYING!!! There are hundreds of teams that would love to be playing this week....I'm sure if you want to trade spots with them, they'd be fine with it. Yes, it seems crazy that two schools 10 minutes apart drive an hour.....but they didn't know what schools would be playing when they picked the location for the Regional. With weather issues, the OHSAA has enough problems getting tourney games rescheduled....waiting until 4 days before a regional to determine what field to play on would just be too much headache
Then why is football determined after each round? I don't know that he was complaining as much as making an observation and a suggestion.
Old 05-21-18, 12:18 PM
All American

tcgobucks is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadyKnightsFan View Post
Then why is football determined after each round? I don't know that he was complaining as much as making an observation and a suggestion.
Football has a predetermined set of sites (with turf) and yes they decide after the matchups are known. Those fields are easy to get ready...and the same fields are used every week. Baseball would be tougher. Not every school has a desire to host a regional.....heck, some schools season has been over for 3 weeks and their field hasn't been used. Plus there's not nearly the money in it that schools get for hosting football. I guess I just don't understand the issue with where the games are played....enjoy it, wherever it is....it doesn't happen that often
Old 05-21-18, 12:49 PM
All District

foghat78 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcgobucks View Post
Football has a predetermined set of sites (with turf) and yes they decide after the matchups are known. Those fields are easy to get ready...and the same fields are used every week. Baseball would be tougher. Not every school has a desire to host a regional.....heck, some schools season has been over for 3 weeks and their field hasn't been used. Plus there's not nearly the money in it that schools get for hosting football. I guess I just don't understand the issue with where the games are played....enjoy it, wherever it is....it doesn't happen that often
There was no complaint, merely an observation and opinion. Also I don't have at team still playing. I merely was making an observation that if a Minster/Loramie or Loramie/Russia match up would be somewhere in the vicinity of the area such as Sidney, Piqua, Troy, etc then there could be an amazing atmosphere. I know a lot of people in the shelby county area that would like to see the match up but do not want to drive to Springfield to see it.

Second why can't it be done like football? Schools put in to host tournament games, the state has a pool of sites, and when match ups come out they assign them according to the location of the 2 schools? You could also use the same location for multiple match ups like they do now. So the amount of locations would not have to be anything crazy.

If we are really doing this for the student athlete's doesn't this seem like the logical thing to do?
Old 05-23-18, 09:25 AM
All Yappi

thavoice is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by foghat78 View Post
There was no complaint, merely an observation and opinion. Also I don't have at team still playing. I merely was making an observation that if a Minster/Loramie or Loramie/Russia match up would be somewhere in the vicinity of the area such as Sidney, Piqua, Troy, etc then there could be an amazing atmosphere. I know a lot of people in the shelby county area that would like to see the match up but do not want to drive to Springfield to see it.

Second why can't it be done like football? Schools put in to host tournament games, the state has a pool of sites, and when match ups come out they assign them according to the location of the 2 schools? You could also use the same location for multiple match ups like they do now. So the amount of locations would not have to be anything crazy.

If we are really doing this for the student athlete's doesn't this seem like the logical thing to do?
I tyihnk it COULD be like football but not enough places would care enough to want to host it. How many are keeping up their facilities to top notch just in case they would get a regional game?
You don't get much money...many programs will do the football so school groups can get $$ for concessions, parking and such. Facility use fee is minimal.

It may be a large crowd, baseball wise, but likely small in comparison for football.

I know Coldwater keeps up their facility, but you then run the risk of them having to host a game the same date that they would be playing.

Celina....great turf facility but HIGHLY doubtfullyou would get enough people to care to want to even work to be able to host it.