Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > Major League Baseball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 08-16-17, 03:13 PM
Fake coolin' off

eastside_purple is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Red View Post
This team was not projected to win this year. Only if...only if, all things went well. Bailey came back strong, Disco came back strong. Bronson made a full recovery, Amir Garrett became the rookie of the year, Rookie Davis and Cody Reed became solid contributors....
So the metric was not high, it was in fact, pretty low.

This is one of the better offensive teams in baseball, one of the better defensive teams in baseball and the bullpen is better. How is that terrible???
Your only metric of this is wins and losses. That's not the only indicator on the outcome.
Now, the NY Mets, who were in the world series just a couple of years ago, with all that young pitching...has imploded. They are coming apart at the seams, they are trading any and all tradeble pieces....THAT, it a terrible team.
Yeah, the Reds are clearly the superior organization to the Mets.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-16-17, 03:18 PM
All American

14Red is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolves82 View Post
I watched most of the game last night because both pitchers were good and it moved along. Castillo was really sharp again. High 90's with movement and a nice slider. Looking like he might be legit.

Our manager, on the other hand, is not good. I know baseball situations text book told him to hit for Castillo in the 7th. But Price botched it big time. Runners on 1st and 2nd, no outs. Barnhart up, Castillo on deck, the anemic Billy Hamilton in the hole.

Barnhart has been fairly hot, 2 HR in the last week, solid hitter. He has Barnhart bunting for sacrifice?!?!?!? Moron. If Barnhart is successful, he absolutely has to hit for Castillo, so clearly Price had pre-determined he was going to pull Castillo. Moron.

So Barnhart fails on the bunt, and down 0-2, he strikes out, with Suarez taking 3rd on dropped 3rd strike. Pinch hitter (Kivlehan) K's, and of course Billy K's for the 3rd time, so its 0-0 and Castillo is out of the game.

Only 80 pitches in 6 innings of pitching mastery. Against a team that scored 15 the night before. The night before Scooter had to pitch. DO NOT FORCE YOURSELF TO CHANGE PITCHERS AT THIS POINT. Moron.

Price always plays by the book. The OLD book. Think a little. Let Barnhart hit. If he gets a hit, great. If he doesn't, let Castillo bunt. And let Castillo go another 2 innings.
Remember the situation well, and I'm with Price on that one. Just poor execution. Barnhart, is one of the teams best bunters. I bunt there, next week and next year, it's the right thing to do.
Now, I would have pinch hit Peraza over Kievelhan. Kievelhan was over matched with Edwards. Big swing vs. a good breaking ball pitcher. Peraza is a contact hitter and runs well so the DP is less likely.

As for Castillo, yes, I can see why you'd want to keep him out there, but at his age, he's had a great outing, winning today isn't critical, so I'm ok with making that move. The pen was rested with all three hammers available. No problem whatsoever with that move.

Again, i said it when it happened, this is just fodder for the Price haters, and it's an armchair QB way to criticize. I'm sure you give him no credit if Barnhart successfully sac's and Kievelhan hits a fly ball. But that's what people do.
BTW, Billy knocked in a HUGE insurance run in the 9th. Anemic Billy...

And we can't heap enough praise on Votto. Again, in the 8th with one out, he goes from 1-2 down to 3-2, fouling off pitch after pitch, get a walk, goes to 3rd on the gapper by Duvall. Votto saw what 30+ pitches last night in his 4 at bats???
Old 08-16-17, 03:21 PM
Fake coolin' off

eastside_purple is infamous around these parts
14red would celebrate a successful Billy Hamilton bowel movement, if Billy would let him in the stall.
Old 08-16-17, 03:49 PM
All American

14Red is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastside_purple View Post
14red would celebrate a successful Billy Hamilton bowel movement, if Billy would let him in the stall.
Hmmm, don't think so...everyone has BM's. Billy is a major league baseball player, and got a key hit in a game where that run was the difference.

Just don't get it do you ep...are you just angry and vengeful all the time, or just on here??

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: