Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > League/School Forums > St Xavier Bombers

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 08-15-17, 12:24 PM
Freshman

BigFatz is on a distinguished road
Regarding JV, I suspect the big impact will be how many sophomores get meaningful playing time in the varsity game. That is a very talented group of players with several in the mix for PT. If it ends up that most aren't getting many varsity game reps then I'd think they would play in JV game. J.Kirby is going to start at guard and looks good. the other sophs are battling but not in the starting lineup.
Old 08-15-17, 06:57 PM
All World

ReLoad is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Rhino View Post
You will not see a better thrown ball (that was probably 45 in the air) in high school or even college this year. That throw had a wow factor to it.
Per Specht, Wolf may be the best QB he's coached.
Poise, talent, arm strength, mobility, decision making, read progression, competitiveness, toughness, work ethic, holds the door open for the elderly......
Old 08-16-17, 08:14 AM
All World

L Hand is on a distinguished road
Is week 8 still TBA? The cynic in me says that it is TBA because Specht may be waiting to see how the season goes before deciding whether to play the game. If that game could literally prevent us from hosting a game on the playoffs (or god forbid, getting in) just by playing, do we simply cancel? Do we have them come down and play our JV only?

Is there another possibility - i.e. finding a better opponent?

My personal opinion is that given the team this year, there is no reason not to forego a week 8 game completely and use the bye. Having said that, if the game happens, it may end up looking like a JV lineup anyhow. Any thoughts?

On another note, I assume that Moeller game at Lockland is set in stone? Man, I loved it when Moeller used to schedule that game at Nippert. Yet another attendance attrition downside...
Old 08-16-17, 08:52 AM
All American

birdog is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReLoad View Post
Per Specht, Wolf may be the best QB he's coached.
Poise, talent, arm strength, mobility, decision making, read progression, competitiveness, toughness, work ethic, holds the door open for the elderly......
Should be fun watching him compete for POY award with McBride and Khayo. GBM
Old 08-16-17, 12:11 PM
Varsity

Class of 94 is on a distinguished road
Fox 19 has the top 19 football players in the Tri-State. So far, they have had 2 Colerain players, 1 offense and 1 defense. They are down to the #9 player tonight and I don't think there has been 1 GCL player picked. I am interested in who they think are the top 9 players left.
Old 08-16-17, 01:00 PM
All World

Wolf, Bacevich, Jefferson, Wittrock, Specht, Childs, Kreimer, Mesue and Kiessling
Old 08-16-17, 01:05 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by L Hand View Post
Is week 8 still TBA? The cynic in me says that it is TBA because Specht may be waiting to see how the season goes before deciding whether to play the game. If that game could literally prevent us from hosting a game on the playoffs (or god forbid, getting in) just by playing, do we simply cancel? Do we have them come down and play our JV only?

Is there another possibility - i.e. finding a better opponent?

My personal opinion is that given the team this year, there is no reason not to forego a week 8 game completely and use the bye. Having said that, if the game happens, it may end up looking like a JV lineup anyhow. Any thoughts?

On another note, I assume that Moeller game at Lockland is set in stone? Man, I loved it when Moeller used to schedule that game at Nippert. Yet another attendance attrition downside...
I vote bye in week 8.
Especially based on seeing video footage of their rumble with LaSalle last year
Old 08-16-17, 03:09 PM
All Region

GCLFan99 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReLoad View Post
Wolf, Bacevich, Jefferson, Wittrock, Specht, Childs, Kreimer, Mesue and Kiessling
All will most likely be deserving candidates but I highly doubt they will name more than 2 players from St X (three max) I think it will be Wolf and Bacevich with Specht an outside chance if they pick 3 players from X