Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > League/School Forums > St Xavier Bombers

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #361  
Old 08-15-17, 12:24 PM
BigFatz BigFatz is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 02-13-17
Posts: 20
BigFatz is on a distinguished road
Regarding JV, I suspect the big impact will be how many sophomores get meaningful playing time in the varsity game. That is a very talented group of players with several in the mix for PT. If it ends up that most aren't getting many varsity game reps then I'd think they would play in JV game. J.Kirby is going to start at guard and looks good. the other sophs are battling but not in the starting lineup.
Reply With Quote
  #362  
Old 08-15-17, 06:57 PM
ReLoad ReLoad is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 08-23-09
Posts: 3,896
ReLoad is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Rhino View Post
You will not see a better thrown ball (that was probably 45 in the air) in high school or even college this year. That throw had a wow factor to it.
Per Specht, Wolf may be the best QB he's coached.
Poise, talent, arm strength, mobility, decision making, read progression, competitiveness, toughness, work ethic, holds the door open for the elderly......
Reply With Quote
  #363  
Old 08-16-17, 08:14 AM
L Hand L Hand is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 10-13-05
Posts: 3,006
L Hand is on a distinguished road
Is week 8 still TBA? The cynic in me says that it is TBA because Specht may be waiting to see how the season goes before deciding whether to play the game. If that game could literally prevent us from hosting a game on the playoffs (or god forbid, getting in) just by playing, do we simply cancel? Do we have them come down and play our JV only?

Is there another possibility - i.e. finding a better opponent?

My personal opinion is that given the team this year, there is no reason not to forego a week 8 game completely and use the bye. Having said that, if the game happens, it may end up looking like a JV lineup anyhow. Any thoughts?

On another note, I assume that Moeller game at Lockland is set in stone? Man, I loved it when Moeller used to schedule that game at Nippert. Yet another attendance attrition downside...
Reply With Quote
  #364  
Old 08-16-17, 08:52 AM
birdog birdog is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 10-09-06
Posts: 1,027
birdog is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReLoad View Post
Per Specht, Wolf may be the best QB he's coached.
Poise, talent, arm strength, mobility, decision making, read progression, competitiveness, toughness, work ethic, holds the door open for the elderly......
Should be fun watching him compete for POY award with McBride and Khayo. GBM
Reply With Quote
  #365  
Old 08-16-17, 12:11 PM
Class of 94 Class of 94 is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 10-27-14
Posts: 74
Class of 94 is on a distinguished road
Fox 19 has the top 19 football players in the Tri-State. So far, they have had 2 Colerain players, 1 offense and 1 defense. They are down to the #9 player tonight and I don't think there has been 1 GCL player picked. I am interested in who they think are the top 9 players left.
Reply With Quote
  #366  
Old 08-16-17, 01:00 PM
ReLoad ReLoad is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 08-23-09
Posts: 3,896
ReLoad is an unknown quantity at this point
Wolf, Bacevich, Jefferson, Wittrock, Specht, Childs, Kreimer, Mesue and Kiessling
Reply With Quote
  #367  
Old 08-16-17, 01:05 PM
ReLoad ReLoad is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 08-23-09
Posts: 3,896
ReLoad is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by L Hand View Post
Is week 8 still TBA? The cynic in me says that it is TBA because Specht may be waiting to see how the season goes before deciding whether to play the game. If that game could literally prevent us from hosting a game on the playoffs (or god forbid, getting in) just by playing, do we simply cancel? Do we have them come down and play our JV only?

Is there another possibility - i.e. finding a better opponent?

My personal opinion is that given the team this year, there is no reason not to forego a week 8 game completely and use the bye. Having said that, if the game happens, it may end up looking like a JV lineup anyhow. Any thoughts?

On another note, I assume that Moeller game at Lockland is set in stone? Man, I loved it when Moeller used to schedule that game at Nippert. Yet another attendance attrition downside...
I vote bye in week 8.
Especially based on seeing video footage of their rumble with LaSalle last year
Reply With Quote
  #368  
Old 08-16-17, 03:09 PM
GCLFan99 GCLFan99 is online now
All Region
 
Join Date: 06-02-14
Posts: 408
GCLFan99 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReLoad View Post
Wolf, Bacevich, Jefferson, Wittrock, Specht, Childs, Kreimer, Mesue and Kiessling
All will most likely be deserving candidates but I highly doubt they will name more than 2 players from St X (three max) I think it will be Wolf and Bacevich with Specht an outside chance if they pick 3 players from X
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Barberton: A Coaching Legacy frecriss Barberton Magics 16 06-18-17 07:07 PM
Want to play for the Cincinnati Fury in 2017? CinciFury Baseball 0 07-25-16 02:59 PM
OHSAA Announces Football Playoff Format and Regions for 2016 Yappi Football 0 06-08-16 03:14 PM
Spring Football NastyNati12 Football 183 05-19-16 10:49 AM
The Greatest Championship Run in the History of Football DB135 Massillon Tigers 0 11-09-14 01:15 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:42 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz