Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  
Old 07-16-19, 02:27 PM
All Ohio

BwickBlueDevil is on a distinguished road
Brunswick Blue Devils 2019 Season outlook

Coming off a horrendous 2018 campaign that saw the Blue Devils go 1-9 (only win coming in the form of a 31-0 beatdown of a winless Elyria team), How will the Blue Devils look in Pinzone's 3rd year at the helm?!

Brunswick 2019 Schedule:
Vs Lorain
@ North Royalton
Vs Rhodes
@ Solon
Vs Strongsville
Vs Shaker Heights
@ Mentor
@ Euclid
Vs Elyria
@Medina

thoughts and predictions?!?!?!?
Sponsored Links
Old 07-16-19, 04:58 PM
All District

bagobones is on a distinguished road
4-6 at best
Old 07-17-19, 06:30 AM
Varsity

Publican is on a distinguished road
Which are the 4 victories for the Blue Devils?
Old 07-17-19, 07:58 AM
All Yappi

cardzfan1234 is on a distinguished road
Itís hard to believe the program has fallen so far, so fast. Years of success under Novak are a distant memory. Being in the tough league they are in, Brunswick should be scheduling super lite until things improve. Senate, Parma schools, and similar. Give yourselves a chance to start 2-1 or 3-0 every year, even if itís foolís gold.

I donít think the GCC will be as good at the top as they were last year. But that wonít matter. Brunswick isnít going to compete with Euclid, Solon, or Mentor.
Old 07-17-19, 06:26 PM
All District

Friday night light is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cardzfan1234 View Post
Itís hard to believe the program has fallen so far, so fast. Years of success under Novak are a distant memory. Being in the tough league they are in, Brunswick should be scheduling super lite until things improve. Senate, Parma schools, and similar. Give yourselves a chance to start 2-1 or 3-0 every year, even if itís foolís gold.

I donít think the GCC will be as good at the top as they were last year. But that wonít matter. Brunswick isnít going to compete with Euclid, Solon, or Mentor.
Those close to the program no why it has fallen so far so fast. The current leadership is completely over matched by the other coaches in the GCC and as we found out all other coaches save one on the schedule. The weight program run by the strenghth and conditioning coach is solid but the absence of on field work in the offseason like most successful programs do is a problem. Assistant coach turnover is an ongoing issue which speaks to the leadership of the program. Running the QB up the middle 15-20 times a game and then throwing deep on third down might work when you are at a Div 3 school playing against mostly Div 4 and 5 opponents but certainly will not work in the GCC!!! Telling kids you probably cant beat this team but do the best you can doesn't exactly inspire players. Changing from coaching apathy in a week when they play Mentor or Euclid to a hard screamer in weeks when the coach feels he has a chance to win doesn't work either. I heard players asking why they weren't held to a higher standard from day one and not just before the Shaker and Elyria game. They wanted to be coached hard and were let down. Success at Buckeye as we found out was a case of much better talent against much smaller schools. In my opinion Brunswick lost three games last year against teams with less talent but way better coaching and coaching is everything in high school football. Look no further than our friends from Mentor who are a state powerhouse while drawing from a very similar pool of kids and enrollment. Put Triv at Brunswick and he wins consistantly. The program will continue to struggle until they realize the huge mistake they made and get a quality football guy to lead the Blue Devils back to where they should be. I could go on sighting countless examples of what happened to cause last years debacle but I think everyone gets my point and I see no need to rehash what those kids and especially the seniors had to endure last season.