Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  
  #1  
Old 06-14-19, 01:53 PM
kingpin2010 kingpin2010 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 01-27-10
Location: McDonald, OH
Posts: 4,872
kingpin2010 is on a distinguished road
Division 6 Region 21

Boy did this region get shook up. Only 1/4 of the regional semi-finalists return (Mogadore) and only 2 playoff teams return (Mogadore, Southern). Kirtland and Rootstown are up in D5 now, Norwayne and Columbia to R22, and McDonald and SCC to D7.

Of the additions, Fort Frye was moved over and they were the region 23 Champion. Trimble is up from D7 where they were the state runners up. Labrae is down from a 10-2 playoff team in D5, and East Canton was a D7 playoff team added to the region.

Region won’t be as deep as the last few years, but still should be interesting, here’s who I have as the playoff contenders:

Columbiana
East Canton
Fort Frye
Labrae
Liberty
Mogadore
Nelsonville-York
Southern
Springfield
Trimble
Western Reserve
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 06-14-19, 03:04 PM
reggieDunlop reggieDunlop is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: 11-28-17
Posts: 32
reggieDunlop is on a distinguished road
It would be interesting if somebody could run the Harbin ratings based on last year's results but with this year's regions.
  #3  
Old 06-14-19, 08:55 PM
kingpin2010 kingpin2010 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 01-27-10
Location: McDonald, OH
Posts: 4,872
kingpin2010 is on a distinguished road
For this region in 2018 the playoff field would be:

Mogadore: 30.1
Fort Frye: 22.3
Southern: 18.6
Labrae: 17.8
Trimble: 16.9
Springfield: 15.9
United: 13.7
Western Reserve: 11.9

Of note the bottom 3 all missed the post season this region in 2018
  #4  
Old 06-14-19, 09:31 PM
Raider6309 Raider6309 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 04-12-15
Location: Athens
Posts: 2,710
Raider6309 is on a distinguished road
Trimble is probably the favorite. Mogadore will probably still be good. The rest not so much. Gonna be some long travel
  #5  
Old 06-14-19, 09:55 PM
Spread All Day Spread All Day is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 06-25-11
Location: The valley
Posts: 6,812
Spread All Day is on a distinguished road
How is labrae supposed to be? Liberty will be decent too.
  #6  
Old 06-15-19, 02:03 PM
kingpin2010 kingpin2010 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 01-27-10
Location: McDonald, OH
Posts: 4,872
kingpin2010 is on a distinguished road
I have Mogadore as the favorite. They’ve played Kirtland to the wire the last 2 years in the playoffs.

There’ll be plenty of good, but not great teams. Columbiana is one id watch for, they have a bunch of 3rd years starters coming back.
  #7  
Old 06-16-19, 08:39 AM
FirestoneFan FirestoneFan is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 04-02-02
Location: Suffield
Posts: 5,602
FirestoneFan is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to FirestoneFan
Mogadore
Fort Frye
LaBrae
Springfield
Trimble
Liberty
Western Reserve
Southern Local
Columbiana
Dalton
  #8  
Old 06-17-19, 06:11 AM
fan18 fan18 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 09-20-18
Posts: 157
fan18 is on a distinguished road
East Canton?? Playoffs 3 years in a row and not on anyone's list?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
  #9  
Old 06-17-19, 07:27 AM
Spread All Day Spread All Day is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 06-25-11
Location: The valley
Posts: 6,812
Spread All Day is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by fan18 View Post
East Canton?? Playoffs 3 years in a row and not on anyone's list?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk


Dropped from d7 and lost to a team that d6 r21 Brookfield manhandled.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  #10  
Old 06-17-19, 07:35 AM
Rangerfan Rangerfan is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 07-07-02
Location: Minster
Posts: 543
Rangerfan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingpin2010 View Post
Boy did this region get shook up. Only 1/4 of the regional semi-finalists return (Mogadore) and only 2 playoff teams return (Mogadore, Southern). Kirtland and Rootstown are up in D5 now, Norwayne and Columbia to R22, and McDonald and SCC to D7.

Of the additions, Fort Frye was moved over and they were the region 23 Champion. Trimble is up from D7 where they were the state runners up. Labrae is down from a 10-2 playoff team in D5, and East Canton was a D7 playoff team added to the region.

Region won’t be as deep as the last few years, but still should be interesting, here’s who I have as the playoff contenders:

Columbiana
East Canton
Fort Frye
Labrae
Liberty
Mogadore
Nelsonville-York
Southern
Springfield
Trimble
Western Reserve
Not so sure about Trimble, but I would add Hanoverton United and Dalton to your list.
  #11  
Old 06-17-19, 07:45 AM
fan18 fan18 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 09-20-18
Posts: 157
fan18 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spread All Day View Post
Dropped from d7 and lost to a team that d6 r21 Brookfield manhandled.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
But Dalton is in the mix? 4-6 last year??
Don't make much sense.

Guess they EC might be the dark horse this year. The unknowns..

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
  #12  
Old 06-17-19, 07:57 AM
fan18 fan18 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 09-20-18
Posts: 157
fan18 is on a distinguished road
Sorry. kingpin2010 has East Canton on his list. I am sure moving from D7 to d6 that there will be a lot of people doubting. But their whole oline is back along with there 2 running backs. Lots of 3 year Lettermen back. Guess we will see.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
  #13  
Old 06-17-19, 11:43 AM
1486wd 1486wd is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 02-08-07
Posts: 220
1486wd is on a distinguished road
Agree, dalton will be in the mix, played lots of freshmen and soph’s last year and improved all year.
  #14  
Old 06-17-19, 11:58 AM
fan18 fan18 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 09-20-18
Posts: 157
fan18 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1486wd View Post
Agree, dalton will be in the mix, played lots of freshmen and soph’s last year and improved all year.
I just get confused when people say certain teams will be in the mix or playoff hunt or what ever you wanna call it. But to say Dalton is in the mix or United local or Southern local and not mention a 3 year in a row state championship track / 3 year in a row playoff football team at East Canton is beyond me... I know I'm a fan of EC but I think these kids have earned the respect.
Like I said we will see. New year.. can't wait!!

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
  #15  
Old 06-17-19, 12:58 PM
Raider6309 Raider6309 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 04-12-15
Location: Athens
Posts: 2,710
Raider6309 is on a distinguished road
Someone from Youngstown is coming to Glouster and Nelsonville York is probably traveling to Youngstown. Crappy region since the good teams are on the extreme edges.
  #16  
Old 06-17-19, 02:50 PM
coltfan76 coltfan76 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 07-10-08
Posts: 663
coltfan76 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider6309 View Post
Someone from Youngstown is coming to Glouster and Nelsonville York is probably traveling to Youngstown. Crappy region since the good teams are on the extreme edges.
I want Western Reserve in the Sty.
  #17  
Old 06-17-19, 05:56 PM
FirestoneFan FirestoneFan is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 04-02-02
Location: Suffield
Posts: 5,602
FirestoneFan is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to FirestoneFan
East Canton was # 11 on my list. I think graduation hurts them this year but we will see.
  #18  
Old 06-17-19, 06:10 PM
fan18 fan18 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 09-20-18
Posts: 157
fan18 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirestoneFan View Post
East Canton was # 11 on my list. I think graduation hurts them this year but we will see.
All offensive line is back averaging 260 I here. 2 star running backs are back. And a bunch of 3 year Lettermen. Should be good.


Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
  #19  
Old 06-17-19, 06:29 PM
fan18 fan18 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 09-20-18
Posts: 157
fan18 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by fan18 View Post
All offensive line is back averaging 260 I here. 2 star running backs are back. And a bunch of 3 year Lettermen. Should be good.


Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
Hear not here... Autocorrect...

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
  #20  
Old 06-17-19, 06:38 PM
Raider6309 Raider6309 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 04-12-15
Location: Athens
Posts: 2,710
Raider6309 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by coltfan76 View Post
I want Western Reserve in the Sty.
Oh god. Trimble would run it up if that coach is still there
  #21  
Old 06-17-19, 07:34 PM
FirestoneFan FirestoneFan is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 04-02-02
Location: Suffield
Posts: 5,602
FirestoneFan is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to FirestoneFan
I really don't look at size. Mogadore is always a smaller team but seems to hang with the bigger boys. It is coaching. Regardless E Canton should be a team to be in the mix. Mogadore should run the PTC undeafeated but their out of conference schools will be tough. We will find out in week one with the Wildcats.
East Canton moves into a very tough D6 regional. With the addition of Ft Frye, Nelsonville-York and Trimble computer points will be valuable.
  #22  
Old 06-17-19, 07:39 PM
fan18 fan18 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 09-20-18
Posts: 157
fan18 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirestoneFan View Post
I really don't look at size. Mogadore is always a smaller team but seems to hang with the bigger boys. It is coaching. Regardless E Canton should be a team to be in the mix. Mogadore should run the PTC undeafeated but their out of conference schools will be tough. We will find out in week one with the Wildcats.
East Canton moves into a very tough D6 regional. With the addition of Ft Frye, Nelsonville-York and Trimble computer points will be valuable.
Agree. Time will tell.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
  #23  
Old 06-17-19, 09:03 PM
Jaws31 Jaws31 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 11-25-16
Posts: 688
Jaws31 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider6309 View Post
Oh god. Trimble would run it up if that coach is still there
He is
  #24  
Old 06-18-19, 12:39 AM
Spread All Day Spread All Day is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 06-25-11
Location: The valley
Posts: 6,812
Spread All Day is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider6309 View Post
Oh god. Trimble would run it up if that coach is still there


Why? What am I missing here


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  #25  
Old 06-18-19, 01:41 PM
Raider6309 Raider6309 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 04-12-15
Location: Athens
Posts: 2,710
Raider6309 is on a distinguished road
He ran his mouth how they were going to beat Trimble easily and their area sucks. Of course Trimble beat their dream team and he threw a fit after the game
  #26  
Old 06-18-19, 04:15 PM
Spread All Day Spread All Day is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 06-25-11
Location: The valley
Posts: 6,812
Spread All Day is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider6309 View Post
He ran his mouth how they were going to beat Trimble easily and their area sucks. Of course Trimble beat their dream team and he threw a fit after the game


Ah sounds like him.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  #27  
Old 06-18-19, 11:25 PM
coltfan76 coltfan76 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 07-10-08
Posts: 663
coltfan76 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spread All Day View Post
Why? What am I missing here


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Trimble players all had mohawks that were dyed pink to honor a lady with breast cancer, that coach called them "a bunch of Muppets." Then the boys went out and smacked them. Would be hilarious to play them at home in the first round.
  #28  
Old 06-19-19, 12:25 AM
Spread All Day Spread All Day is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 06-25-11
Location: The valley
Posts: 6,812
Spread All Day is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by coltfan76 View Post
The Trimble players all had mohawks that were dyed pink to honor a lady with breast cancer, that coach called them "a bunch of Muppets." Then the boys went out and smacked them. Would be hilarious to play them at home in the first round.


I mean that’s kinda funny though.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  #29  
Old 06-19-19, 06:50 AM
coltfan76 coltfan76 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 07-10-08
Posts: 663
coltfan76 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spread All Day View Post
I mean that’s kinda funny though.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I agree if it was isolated to that but he talked the aforementioned trash, made the Muppet comments, cussed out fans at game, etc. He was a display of what classlessness looks like and ultimately his players paid for it.
  #30  
Old 06-19-19, 01:14 PM
Raider6309 Raider6309 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 04-12-15
Location: Athens
Posts: 2,710
Raider6309 is on a distinguished road
Only at Trimble does someone in town have a helicopter and they use it to dry out the field before a playoff game

 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
OHSAA Announces Football State Semifinal Bracket Pairings Yappi Football 27 11-15-18 09:46 PM
Personal Responsibility 14Red General Board 117 03-21-18 04:03 PM
D VII State Semifinal: St. Paul (13-0) vs Minster (9-4) EagleFan Football 130 11-27-17 07:26 PM
OHSAA Announces Football State Semifinal Bracket Pairings - Except DIII and DVI Yappi Football 27 11-17-17 10:13 PM
2017 Softball Regional Pairings Yappi Softball 22 05-27-17 08:43 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:26 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.