Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  
Old 05-16-19, 10:49 AM
Varsity

Foster is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportster4321 View Post
Idk. With that stud RB coming back they may have a very good chance to at least make a run/have a shot. That kid was the second best player I seen last year after Waid. I think he was only a sophomore.
He'll be a senior this year.
Old 05-17-19, 10:23 AM
All World

Maple_City_Fan is on a distinguished road
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightofOld View Post
Alter will be down this year. Wapak was average. I think Norwalk should get back to the semis. Kenston should be the heavy favorite next year.
I sure hope so for Truckers. As far as Alter being "down", I'll believe it when I see it.
Old 05-18-19, 03:10 PM
All District

HighSchoolFB45 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportster4321 View Post
Idk. With that stud RB coming back they may have a very good chance to at least make a run/have a shot. That kid was the second best player I seen last year after Waid. I think he was only a sophomore.
They got smoked in the second round in DIV last year. Steubenville will be in the same region as Kenston, Akron East and St. Vincent St. Maryís. Unless those three end up on the same side of the bracket, no way they have a shot of making it out of the region.
Old 05-18-19, 04:09 PM
Freshman

Knight Vision is on a distinguished road
Donít think for a second Alter is down. I agree Kenston is the team to beat, but donít be surprised if itís an Alter vs Kenston repeat in 2019.
Old 05-19-19, 06:49 AM
Freshman

Steubenburgh is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighSchoolFB45 View Post
They got smoked in the second round in DIV last year. Steubenville will be in the same region as Kenston, Akron East and St. Vincent St. Maryís. Unless those three end up on the same side of the bracket, no way they have a shot of making it out of the region.
Iím curious as to what makes Akron East so much better than Steubenville? East lost 3 games last year. Steubenville ďsmokedĒ 2 of those 3 teams that beat East. So what exactly makes East so much better than Steubenville all of a sudden?
Old 05-19-19, 10:20 AM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steubenburgh View Post
Iím curious as to what makes Akron East so much better than Steubenville? East lost 3 games last year. Steubenville ďsmokedĒ 2 of those 3 teams that beat East. So what exactly makes East so much better than Steubenville all of a sudden?
iím not saying that Akron East is so much better than Steubenville, iím saying that is another good team that they are going to have to compete with.
Old 05-19-19, 10:26 AM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight Vision View Post
Donít think for a second Alter is down. I agree Kenston is the team to beat, but donít be surprised if itís an Alter vs Kenston repeat in 2019.
Alter is going to have to make it past Trotwood, who brings back a lot. Also, Alter wouldnít have made it past Wapak last year without Conor Bazelak. Dude had all three of Alterís touchdowns and without him Alter wouldnít have had more than 100 yards of total offense without him passing. Letís see how they are without him first.
Old 05-23-19, 08:23 AM
All Ohio

kmac57 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Alter is going to have to make it past Trotwood, who brings back a lot. Also, Alter wouldn’t have made it past Wapak last year without Conor Bazelak. Dude had all three of Alter’s touchdowns and without him Alter wouldn’t have had more than 100 yards of total offense without him passing. Let’s see how they are without him first.
Yeah but they did have him. Also Alter defense (banged up) played well. I do believe Alter will be a notch or two below last year, as it was a senior laden team. Juniors and sophs will need to step it up. I think CJ will be a force this year, Truckers & Trotwood will be in mix, but Kenston will be hard to beat. Should be another great year in DIII.
Old 05-23-19, 10:38 AM
All Yappi

DonMagicRon is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Alter is going to have to make it past Trotwood, who brings back a lot. Also, Alter wouldnít have made it past Wapak last year without Conor Bazelak. Dude had all three of Alterís touchdowns and without him Alter wouldnít have had more than 100 yards of total offense without him passing. Letís see how they are without him first.
Ok, I have to ask what/who does Trotwood have coming back. The Rams limped to the end of the season with three losses in a row. The Rams lose Wicox, Coates, Britton, Stephans and about 3 all conference linemen. I know that had a couple sophomores and a freshmen that are tough and the Hughley brothers back I dont remember seeing a lot in the cupboard.
Old 05-25-19, 12:22 AM
Freshman

Quote:
Trotwood will have to get past the first round of the playoffs. Stinneman is much better suited for Alterís offense and will put up huge numbers. Alterís offense will put up better numbers this year than last.
Old 05-27-19, 07:58 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight Vision View Post
Trotwood will have to get past the first round of the playoffs.
seriously? you act like Trotwood is some bottom feeder. they have had more playoff success in higher divisions than Alter and have produced more talent. since 2010 trotwood has been to 6 state title games, each year being at least a higher division than Alter except one and also at least making it to the state semifinals. Alter has been in two that time span, most of the time not even making it out of their region. iím not even a trotwood fan and i can see the truth. two years ago Alter got their handed to them in the first round by a CJ team that they beat the week before. and that CJ team got dismantled by trotwood. your bias is glaring
Old 05-29-19, 09:04 PM
All American

America is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Alter would have still beaten Wapak. Knights had 5 starters out on defense with injuries and still hit Wapak in the mouth all night long... You can't say "oh if person ABC did/didn't do this, they would have won/loss a game"... Pretty weak argument.
Old 05-29-19, 09:04 PM
All American

America is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
seriously? you act like Trotwood is some bottom feeder. they have had more playoff success in higher divisions than Alter and have produced more talent. since 2010 trotwood has been to 6 state title games, each year being at least a higher division than Alter except one and also at least making it to the state semifinals. Alter has been in two that time span, most of the time not even making it out of their region. iím not even a trotwood fan and i can see the truth. two years ago Alter got their handed to them in the first round by a CJ team that they beat the week before. and that CJ team got dismantled by trotwood. your bias is glaring
well a 1.0 GPA to be eligble sure helps their cause
Old 05-30-19, 08:13 AM
All World

hubman is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarstoShine View Post
Ok first of all not all D1 Football
Player Prospects choose Hoban over everyone else. Now the players WR 6-4 195 Jalen Ross Canton McKinley multiple D1 Football Offers. CB WR Deshawn Jones 5-11 180 Akron East multiple D1 Offers including Big Ten Schools. CB WR Amarion Robinson 5-10 185 Akron East also D1 FCS Offers. All left as they were
Promised immediate basketball playing time. All three are exceptional athletes and would have been starters in Football for the Irish in 2019. Wishing all 3 of them Good Luck. There are Irish transfers starting in multiple different programs this fall and winter. Fact.
So the exceptional depth and talent of your basketball team is hurting the depth and talent of your football team,,,, not sure if the smile shows through my typing but trust me it's there!

Last edited by hubman; 05-30-19 at 12:20 PM. Reason: content
Old 05-30-19, 07:53 PM
Junior Varsity

Library55 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by America View Post
Alter would have still beaten Wapak. Knights had 5 starters out on defense with injuries and still hit Wapak in the mouth all night long... You can't say "oh if person ABC did/didn't do this, they would have won/loss a game"... Pretty weak argument.
Impressive that Alter had 5 starters out for this game. I saw Wapak play once last year in the first round of the playoffs. They had a nice team. How does Alter look this year?
Old 05-30-19, 08:05 PM
Freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Library55 View Post
Impressive that Alter had 5 starters out for this game. I saw Wapak play once last year in the first round of the playoffs. They had a nice team. How does Alter look this year?
Itís easy to think Alter will be down, with losing so many seniors, but donít sleep on them. The offense will score a bunch of points, just have to make sure the lines are solid.
Old 06-01-19, 06:37 AM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by America View Post
youíre not getting my point. iím saying Bazelak made Alter so much better last year that it will be interesting to see how good they are without him. Alter had such a talented backfield that teams couldnít defend against both the pass and the run against them. if they donít have a quarterback that can pass as well as Bazelak, they wonít be as good.
Old 06-04-19, 10:17 AM
All World

Ballgame75
GCL North with CJ vs Alter will be interesting with no transfers having to sit out to end the year for CJ this time.
Old 06-04-19, 01:33 PM
All Ohio

Jaws31 is on a distinguished road
D3 is absolutely loaded this year with new teams moving into the division. It will be very interesting to see how this thing unfolds.
Old 06-04-19, 07:37 PM
All World

hubman is on a distinguished road
Hello D3, this is Buchtel nice to be back!
Old 06-14-19, 12:00 PM
All District

show-me-your-TD's is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Journey View Post
They almost got bounced week 11 at home as well.
Keep in mind, many don't know, but that week 11 game was less than 24HRS after their starting QB broke his thumb on this throwing hand. Played a huge factor in their offense that game. Still did okay, but would have been much better.
Old 06-16-19, 05:36 PM
Junior Varsity

Library55 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by hubman View Post
Hello D3, this is Buchtel nice to be back!
Agree. If buchtel is good as usual, they will go far.
Old 06-17-19, 07:33 AM
All American

Cougarfan22 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steubenburgh View Post
Incoming JR Hoban transfer RB who was just offered by Akron helps. Coach there really works to promote his players to college programs. Lots of talent and desire there. Tough kids with a chip on their shoulders. I wish they had home facilities.
Old 06-17-19, 08:20 AM
All District

giant is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballgame75 View Post
GCL North with CJ vs Alter will be interesting with no transfers having to sit out to end the year for CJ this time.
What does CJ have coming back this year?
Old 07-03-19, 12:59 PM
Freshman

GoTruckers is on a distinguished road
Smile Truckers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maple_City_Fan View Post
I would agree Kenston is the top dog until proven otherwise. As far as contenders, I thought I read Wapakoneta returns a bit, as do the Norwalk Truckers. Truckers return 8 on D, 7 on O, and Special Teams from Final Four squad.
I think the truckers will have a good season. I think theyíll make the playoffs, but I donít know about final four
Old 07-03-19, 01:06 PM
All Yappi

clarkgriswold will become famous soon enoughclarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougarfan22 View Post
Incoming JR Hoban transfer RB who was just offered by Akron helps. Coach there really works to promote his players to college programs. Lots of talent and desire there. Tough kids with a chip on their shoulders. I wish they had home facilities.
They also have a former St. V-M WR/CB headed to Cincinnati.
Old 07-03-19, 01:29 PM
All Yappi

Spread All Day is on a distinguished road
Yeah I gotta feel like Steubenville can beat anyone they play. But they can lose too. Their tailback Crawford is a stud. Only see a YSU offer for him but he could have more. But division 3 is loaded. Willing to bet itís someone who we arenít mentioning whoís going to win it all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-03-19, 02:02 PM
All World

Raider6309 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spread All Day View Post
Yeah I gotta feel like Steubenville can beat anyone they play. But they can lose too. Their tailback Crawford is a stud. Only see a YSU offer for him but he could have more. But division 3 is loaded. Willing to bet itís someone who we arenít mentioning whoís going to win it all.

They canít beat Kenston
Old 07-03-19, 02:03 PM
All Yappi

Spread All Day is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider6309 View Post
They canít beat Kenston

I guess thereís only one way to find out

Old 07-03-19, 02:10 PM
All World

Raider6309 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spread All Day View Post
I guess thereís only one way to find out

It wouldnít be much of a game. Steubenville is a good D4 school but this is D3. Big difference