Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  
Old 07-08-19, 06:49 AM
All Region

Youngguy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheldoncooper View Post
Why would a new football coach decide what league is best for the entire district ? I would think the AD would play a major role in that type of decision
shelley, read it again.
Old 07-08-19, 09:30 AM
All American

Stizostedion
Quote:
Originally Posted by bodiaz View Post
With rumors churning that both Manchester and CVCA may be looking to be on the move out of the PAC, are there any contingency plans in place to fill their clots if they do leave? Hate to see PAC break up, the league has really started to come on strong
Canton South and Minerva would immediately step in. CCC and STA should be considered too but probably will not be. I am also hearing that Manchester has slowed its roll on leaving. I have also heard this will be France's last season before retirement. The decision to stay will be up to his successor at Principal and to the AD. I honestly think the PAC is Manchester's best fit. They could go to the PTC where it would be them and Mogadore and then everybody else.
Old 07-08-19, 07:33 PM
All Region

Youngguy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stizostedion View Post
Canton South and Minerva would immediately step in. CCC and STA should be considered too but probably will not be. I am also hearing that Manchester has slowed its roll on leaving. I have also heard this will be France's last season before retirement. The decision to stay will be up to his successor at Principal and to the AD. I honestly think the PAC is Manchester's best fit. They could go to the PTC where it would be them and Mogadore and then everybody else.
stiz, the 2 decisions will not be made together. France will leave 1-2 seasons before the decision to leave the PAC is made. Reason being, the new guy will need time to build his staff minus the France cronies.
Old 07-10-19, 09:33 AM
All American

Stizostedion
The PTC could be coming to the PAC. I hear the PAC is gauging interest of Rootstown and Mogadore to join the league now that the PTC appears to be falling apart. Both schools have been contacted. With CVCA probably leaving soon the addition of at least Mogadore makes really good sense.
Old 07-11-19, 12:52 PM
All World

TopCat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
The PTC could be coming to the PAC. I hear the PAC is gauging interest of Rootstown and Mogadore to join the league now that the PTC appears to be falling apart. Both schools have been contacted. With CVCA probably leaving soon the addition of at least Mogadore makes really good sense.
I'd be real surprised if both ended up in the PAC after it's all said and done. Maybe Mogadore, maybe, if what I'm reading on other threads is true. If CVCA is leaving, travel is going to get a lot shorter for every school in the league. The ride from Triway to CVCA is roughly 70 miles. The ride from Triway to Rootstown would be 70 miles; and to Mogadore it would be 60 miles. Once a year for football it's not a big deal. Making that trip for a week night basketball game in the middle of winter is another. Making it multiple times is possibly a deal killer.
Old 07-11-19, 02:05 PM
All American

wildcat71 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TopCat View Post
I'd be real surprised if both ended up in the PAC after it's all said and done. Maybe Mogadore, maybe, if what I'm reading on other threads is true. If CVCA is leaving, travel is going to get a lot shorter for every school in the league. The ride from Triway to CVCA is roughly 70 miles. The ride from Triway to Rootstown would be 70 miles; and to Mogadore it would be 60 miles. Once a year for football it's not a big deal. Making that trip for a week night basketball game in the middle of winter is another. Making it multiple times is possibly a deal killer.
And Rootstown and Mogadore to Loudenville even farther....
Old 07-12-19, 07:17 AM
All World

TopCat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildcat71 View Post
And Rootstown and Mogadore to Loudenville even farther....
I didn't use Loudonville because that would be football only, but Rootstown to Loudonville would be 140 miles round trip.
Old 07-15-19, 08:01 AM
All District

tantal is on a distinguished road
How do we know CVCA is leaving? Where are they going?
Old 07-15-19, 04:55 PM
All District

ball 4 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Rootstown, Southeast, Gville could go to the MVC. Mogadore to the PAC