Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  
Old 04-01-19, 06:46 AM
All World

bulldog1974 is on a distinguished road
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by bop View Post
Bad pick up for EP (Girard). EOAC does not play that type of football.
Neither does Salem play EOAC football, yet EP hung with them and won a game. But, that was a whole different EP team.

The EOAC as a whole, plays flag football compared to other leagues. I was never a fan of this league, period. Prepares you for nothing in the playoffs. Last real league was the ITCL RED Tier.
Old 04-01-19, 08:23 AM
All Region

guyinahoodie is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldog1974 View Post
Neither does Salem play EOAC football, yet EP hung with them and won a game. But, that was a whole different EP team.

The EOAC as a whole, plays flag football compared to other leagues. I was never a fan of this league, period. Prepares you for nothing in the playoffs. Last real league was the ITCL RED Tier.
Hopefully, the split comes sooner than later, because I agree 100% with you!
Old 04-01-19, 11:07 AM
All Ohio

bop is on a distinguished road
These small D7 schools that continue to get smaller by the year cannot compete with the larger EP/United/Columbiana unless they have a really up year. If I were looking out for the best interests of the three larger schools, I would be looking to get out too. I hear Columbiana is up for some very lean years soon. I doubt they will be to anxious to leave the EOAC. We shall see what happens but I think the end has to be near. Will be interesting to see what shakes out once it happens.
Old 04-01-19, 11:16 AM
All American

Football 101 is on a distinguished road
I don't blame D7 or small D6 schools for being the size they are

any suggestions what United and EP should do?
Old 04-01-19, 11:24 AM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by Football 101 View Post
I don't blame D7 or small D6 schools for being the size they are

any suggestions what United and EP should do?
No one is blaming them. The rumor mill has the D7's in the area and the d6"s in the area consolidating and forming their own conferences...soon. Think of it as an EOAC and MVAC split, that regroups the big and small schools. At least, that's the rumor...no idea how true that is.

P.S. - I live in Columbiana, and have heard nothing of lean years ahead...would love to know what you mean by that.
Old 04-01-19, 11:32 AM
All World

kingpin2010 is on a distinguished road
I don’t see the MVAC splitting. Most if not all are content with the league as is. While football has been really top heavy, the other sports have been competitive and boys basketball had a fantastic year. Which leads to the EOAC, I don’t foresee a split because there would be no where else for the schools to go to if the MVAC stays in tact.
Old 04-01-19, 12:06 PM
All American

Always wondered why a league didn't derive from Columbiana county and grab some outliers

crestview, ep, united, minerva, carrollton, salem, wb, columbiana
Old 04-01-19, 12:08 PM
All World

Quote:
Always wondered why a league didn't derive from Columbiana county and grab some outliers

crestview, ep, united, minerva, carrollton, salem, wb, columbiana
There's that damn dead horse again. Trouble is, remove the CB and open enrollment and Crestview becomes D7, remove the CB and they are D6 like half the rest of this lineup.
Old 04-01-19, 12:12 PM
All American

Yeah I know. my bad. just looked at a map and tried to find like enrollments

I know you get it, being the king of d7 schools when you teeter d5/6 isn't helping you in the harbin department
Old 04-01-19, 12:17 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingpin2010 View Post
I donít see the MVAC splitting. Most if not all are content with the league as is. While football has been really top heavy, the other sports have been competitive and boys basketball had a fantastic year. Which leads to the EOAC, I donít foresee a split because there would be no where else for the schools to go to if the MVAC stays in tact.
You think Sebring, Lowelleville, and J-M are happy getting beat up by McDonald, Springfield and Reserve every year when they could be playing Leetonia, Lisbon and Wellsville instead?

Don't fool yourself, football drives everything!
Old 04-01-19, 12:19 PM
All World

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyinahoodie View Post
You think Sebring, Lowelleville, and J-M are happy getting beat up by McDonald, Springfield and Reserve every year when they could be playing Leetonia, Lisbon and Wellsville instead?

Old 04-01-19, 12:23 PM
All American

Sebring
Lowellville
Jax Milt
Southern
Wellsville
Lisbon
Leetonia
don't sound too bad
Old 04-01-19, 12:25 PM
All World

kingpin2010 is on a distinguished road
Quote:

I don’t think they care all that much, they have priorities in other sports. McDonald and WR has thumped them for pretty much 10+ years and they willingly entered into the MVAC with them. If they wanted to be in a league with Leetonia, Lisbon and Wellsville they would’ve in 2016 when it all fell apart, nothing has really changed since then.
Old 04-01-19, 12:40 PM
All World

Talking

Quote:

P.S. - I live in Columbiana, and have heard nothing of lean years ahead...would love to know what you mean by that.
Someone will hide Spaite's golf cart, he'll get mad and retire. You got a PM 'hoodie.
Old 04-03-19, 06:25 AM
All District

Buckeye96 is on a distinguished road
The only realistic option United, EP, and Columbiana have is to do what Crestview did and go North, the drive stinks but you can't have your cake and eat it too. All sports could benefit by this not just football.
Old 04-03-19, 09:33 AM
All World

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye96 View Post
The only realistic option United, EP, and Columbiana have is to do what Crestview did and go North, the drive stinks but you can't have your cake and eat it too. All sports could benefit by this not just football.
What's wrong with another revised league around this area?
Old 04-03-19, 10:17 AM
All Region

Quote:
What's wrong with another revised league around this area?
I'm with Bulldog on this. We have the schools in the 2-3 county area to have great games and gates with a d5-d6 conference and an all d7 conference. Who cares if you have to drive an extra 10 minutes! Being competitive and actually advancing in the playoffs is a bigger appeal, or should be!
Old 04-03-19, 12:53 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
No one is blaming them. The rumor mill has the D7's in the area and the d6"s in the area consolidating and forming their own conferences...soon. Think of it as an EOAC and MVAC split, that regroups the big and small schools. At least, that's the rumor...no idea how true that is.

Did not mean to be offensive to Columbiana football, they sure have had their way with Lisbon plenty over the years. I have been told that the Jr. High and Freshmen classes are not nearly up to the standard that Columbiana is used to. If I was misinformed, I apologize. Time will tell.

No way the big teams in the EOAC go North (EP went that route years ago). More likely Crestview comes home to join them and any others they can conjure up from nearby. I think the bigs will have to get together because Leetonia is going to bolt and the rest of the smalls will have to go with them or be left out in the cold.
Old 04-03-19, 01:11 PM
All World

Exclamation

Quote:
Did not mean to be offensive to Columbiana football, they sure have had their way with Lisbon plenty over the years. I have been told that the Jr. High and Freshmen classes are not nearly up to the standard that Columbiana is used to. If I was misinformed, I apologize. Time will tell.

No way the big teams in the EOAC go North (EP went that route years ago). More likely Crestview comes home to join them and any others they can conjure up from nearby. I think the bigs will have to get together because Leetonia is going to bolt and the rest of the smalls will have to go with them or be left out in the cold.
Naw, you are full of it. You hate Columbiana, LOL.

Lemme see Bop, I said this before this league started, no offense to you, you are a good friend on here.

As far as Leetonia, they should have bolted long ago while in the ITCL. Watch Wellsville, they will go south with Toronto as they both still play one another.
Old 04-03-19, 03:34 PM
All Region

Quote:
Naw, you are full of it. You hate Columbiana, LOL.

Lemme see Bop, I said this before this league started, no offense to you, you are a good friend on here.

As far as Leetonia, they should have bolted long ago while in the ITCL. Watch Wellsville, they will go south with Toronto as they both still play one another.
Are Wellsville and Toronto also OVAC members?
Old 04-03-19, 03:49 PM
All World

Quote:
Are Wellsville and Toronto also OVAC members?
So is Southern.
Old 04-04-19, 01:41 AM
All Ohio

Mathews99
I still keep hearing Leetonia to the NAC rumors.....
Old 04-04-19, 06:23 AM
All Region

Quote:

No offense taken, just curious....
Old 04-04-19, 06:28 AM
All Ohio

I believe Leetonia will go to the NAC unless the other smalls join with them and form a league. I also do not believe Wellsville goes south unless they have no other choice. Wellsville and Leetoinia leave, Lisbon is plain screwed. There is no south to go to. Toronto screwed up big time in my opinion. Consolidations abound to the south so there are not many opponents to choose from. The drives Toronto will be making will be longer than they ever made in the EOAC. Wellsville will not want to be part of that.
Old 04-04-19, 08:50 AM
All American

Don't you think Leetonia and Toronto would rethink a league if it was a D7 setup?

like earlier I don't see this as a d7 problem or an issue of Leetonia or Toronto bolting.

and I don't see this as only EP or United problem - I see this as each school needs to do what is best for themselves....and in saying that d7 schools choices shouldn't matter when there are plenty of d4,5,6 schools that a league could be formed.
If the D4,5,6 schools form a new deal, those d7s will come together and figure something out.
Old 04-04-19, 09:01 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
Don't you think Leetonia and Toronto would rethink a league if it was a D7 setup?

like earlier I don't see this as a d7 problem or an issue of Leetonia or Toronto bolting.

and I don't see this as only EP or United problem - I see this as each school needs to do what is best for themselves....and in saying that d7 schools choices shouldn't matter when there are plenty of d4,5,6 schools that a league could be formed.
If the D4,5,6 schools form a new deal, those d7s will come together and figure something out.
Totally agree with this 101, we are saying the same things differently.
Old 04-04-19, 11:01 AM
All District

Quote:
I'm with Bulldog on this. We have the schools in the 2-3 county area to have great games and gates with a d5-d6 conference and an all d7 conference. Who cares if you have to drive an extra 10 minutes! Being competitive and actually advancing in the playoffs is a bigger appeal, or should be!
While I don't disagree with this statement, please identify the schools who would join them, because every time schools are mentioned there is always an excuse to why it wouldn't work. Other existing schools in the Columbiana county when mentioned have been said to be too big, schools in Mahoning county when mentioned it's said why would they leave where they are? Realistically again the 3 schools mentioned really need to do something and something soon, If I was Crestview I wouldn't listen until the proposal included schools with a stable sports participation future (D4 / D5 schools)
Old 04-04-19, 01:33 PM
All World

Exclamation

Quote:
If I was Crestview I wouldn't listen until the proposal included schools with a stable sports participation future (D4 / D5 schools)
Crestview will be eating out of the other 3's hands to come back home to play. They will not bite the hands that have fed them students for reasons I will not discuss anymore.

What is your idea of STABLE sports participation? All 3 teams have the same sports. Some of the 3 have better academics, and facilities if that is an issue.
Old 04-04-19, 03:58 PM
All District

Stable as in being able to field teams, also competitively speaking as well, it's ok to play schools 10 minutes away but if they bring nothing in return in terms of preparation for postseason it's pointless.
Old 04-04-19, 04:15 PM
All World

Quote:
Stable as in being able to field teams, also competitively speaking as well, it's ok to play schools 10 minutes away but if they bring nothing in return in terms of preparation for postseason it's pointless.
Most of the EOAC teams that were D7 returned nothing as far as Harbins. The larger D5-6 schools have no problem fielding teams, whether competitive or not.