Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  
Old 07-07-19, 01:20 PM
All Yappi

OhioBobcatFan06 is on a distinguished road
If OKC is really blowing it up... Westbrook to the Cavs isnít nearly as crazy as it sounds...

Not many teams have cap space to offer like Cavs do with JR and expiring contracts... Westbrook & Love played together at UCLA... Cavs could offer young piece like Sexton and/or Zizic...

Gilbert has demonstrated he has no problem going deep into luxury tax to win. With Love and Westbrook, Cavs are a playoff team in East and definitely contender for Conference Finals.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-07-19, 02:04 PM
All Yappi

nwwarrior09 is on a distinguished road
Russell Westbrook would be a John Beilein nightmare.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Old 07-07-19, 02:49 PM
All Yappi

Arrogate will become famous soon enough
Obcf off the deep end once again
Old 07-07-19, 06:07 PM
All Yappi

Michael Bluth is on a distinguished road
Westbrook's contract is going to be very difficult to trade
Old 07-07-19, 06:33 PM
All Yappi

clarkgriswold will become famous soon enoughclarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
Sexton and Zizic aren't bringing Westbrook in any event.
Old 07-07-19, 06:52 PM
All Yappi

OhioBobcatFan06 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Bluth View Post
Exactly.

Not a lot of teams are in the position to acquire Russell Westbrook, but the Cavs clearly are.

Kevin Love is 30 years old with a contract expiring in 2023. Russell Westbrook is 30 years old with a contract expiring in 2023. Thereís only two moves here... You either trade Love or trade for Westbrook to recreate the 2008 duo out of UCLA. I think Gilbert is more of a win-now owner so my guess is Koby on the phone as a buyer right now.
Old 07-07-19, 08:26 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkgriswold View Post
Sexton and Zizic aren't bringing Westbrook in any event.
I'm trying to visualize how hard Sam Presti would be laughing if he seriously got a call from Koby Altman about a bountiful harvest of horrid JR and TT expiring contracts, Sexton (who overlaps with the young guard they just acquired), and a couple future 1st rounders.

Old 07-07-19, 08:41 PM
All World

joesports is on a distinguished road
Why would you want a 30 year old point guard who is going to make something like $47 million in his last year of his contract? Even with Westbrook they would only be a slightly better than average ... sorry, no thanks! Where did OKC go this year ... with PG? Why would you think he would go farther with KL? Iíl Say it again, NO THANKS!
Old 07-07-19, 08:52 PM
All Yappi

My concern about Russ is that he's an awful shooter and his game is entirely predicated on athleticism. The odds of him hitting the cliff at some point in his deal and becoming Chris Paul-esque dead value seems pretty high.

Milwaukee and Philly would still be better than the Cavs. Brooklyn as well when KD returns. This would be a 2nd round team for 2-3 years followed by a major cliff and reset.

Old 07-07-19, 09:54 PM
All Yappi

tom 48 will become famous soon enough
Nice article about why free agents don't want to go to the Lakers.

https://www.si.com/nba/2019/07/06/le...rd-paul-george

" I think a lot of players around the league identified with Kyrie's frustrations with LeBron and would worry about that with another potential partnership with LeBron. "
Old 07-07-19, 10:23 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Bluth View Post
Normally yes, but given how the landscape has changed I think they could readily move him over the summer if they want.

With the Warriors going down and the way free agency has gone, there's probably a dozen different teams that legitimately believe they have the pieces or are a piece away from contending next year. Someone (Miami, Minnesota, Detroit, Orlando) is going to convince themselves they have a legit shot with him on their roster.

Old 07-08-19, 12:39 PM
All Yappi

I wouldn't be too surprised if OKC ends up keeping Russ and trading for Kevin Love. At that point they'd be a piece away from contending
Old 07-08-19, 03:47 PM
All Yappi

Arrogate will become famous soon enough
I think resigning Love was a good decision especially with the way the NBA landscape has changed. Cavs could potentially get some good assets for him
Old 07-08-19, 05:27 PM
Junior Varsity

CantonKid is on a distinguished road
The Lakers have one heck of a front court...Ö..

C-DeMarcus Cousins
F-Anthony Davis
F-Lebron James

* Even if Cousins is only 75% of what he was,that's one heck of a front court.
Old 07-08-19, 06:12 PM
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantonKid View Post
The Lakers have one heck of a front court...Ö..

C-DeMarcus Cousins
F-Anthony Davis
F-Lebron James

* Even if Cousins is only 75% of what he was,that's one heck of a front court.
And backing these guys up...ÖÖ

Kuzma
McGee
Dudley
And a couple other dudes.
Old 07-08-19, 06:29 PM
All Yappi

tom 48 will become famous soon enough
Kevin Love and girlfriend on vacation:

https://www.si.com/extra-mustard/201...love-kate-bock
Old 07-08-19, 11:00 PM
All Yappi

Summer league is usually pretty lame, but Jaxson Hayes dropped 28 points in 20 minutes in his debut tonight, including a violent PNR dunk where he pretty much murdered some poor scrub that tried to slide over and take a charge.

Old 07-09-19, 06:46 AM
All World

Maple_City_Fan is on a distinguished road
How many will be laughing when the Lakers take the 'chip in '20?
Old 07-09-19, 07:44 AM
All Yappi

clarkgriswold will become famous soon enoughclarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
Steven A. had a rant on the silliness of the NBA doing away with the term "owner." I thought the change was silly too, but given Steven A's position, I now have to reconsider.
Old 07-09-19, 07:53 AM
All World

Taco MacArthur is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by nwwarrior09 View Post
Summer league is usually pretty lame, but Jaxson Hayes dropped 28 points in 20 minutes in his debut tonight, including a violent PNR dunk where he pretty much murdered some poor scrub that tried to slide over and take a charge.

And blocked a shot with his elbow.
Old 07-09-19, 07:59 AM
All World

14Red is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom 48 View Post
Nice article about why free agents don't want to go to the Lakers.

https://www.si.com/nba/2019/07/06/le...rd-paul-george

" I think a lot of players around the league identified with Kyrie's frustrations with LeBron and would worry about that with another potential partnership with LeBron. "
You don't play with LeBron, you play for LeBron. He's not the best teammate to have. The only guy that's it's worked for is DeWayne Wade. And he was established in Miami and Pat Riley had his back.
Old 07-09-19, 08:47 AM
All World

Chop Stix is an unknown quantity at this point
It looks as if Miami is the lone front runner at the moment to land Westbook next season.

Miami could offer Dragic's expiring $19 mil contract, one or both of James Johnson and Kelly Olynyk who are both on two-year deals at $10-15 mil/year with the second year being a player option, and possibly other young assets like Bam Adebayo or Justice Winslow.

I believe they're tapped out on being able to offer draft picks.
Old 07-09-19, 09:28 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chop Stix View Post
It looks as if Miami is the lone front runner at the moment to land Westbook next season.

Miami could offer Dragic's expiring $19 mil contract, one or both of James Johnson and Kelly Olynyk who are both on two-year deals at $10-15 mil/year with the second year being a player option, and possibly other young assets like Bam Adebayo or Justice Winslow.

Why would you want Russ? Can you build a team around him? Obviously not. Yes, you get a great talent, but you can't get enough pieces to go around him. Russ needs to change his game some, make it more attractive to play with him.
Old 07-09-19, 10:32 AM
All Yappi

cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Red View Post
You don't play with LeBron, you play for LeBron. He's not the best teammate to have. The only guy that's it's worked for is DeWayne Wade. And he was established in Miami and Pat Riley had his back.
If LeBron decides to play more like Magic did, and learns to just play his age all season and turn it up at playoff time, he really is capable of making everyone better.

But can he ignore the media in LA and national NBA commentators and just be the best version of LBJ for the team that gets assembled ? Or will he trip over his own ego again ?
Old 07-09-19, 10:37 AM
All Yappi

cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom 48 View Post
Kevin Love and girlfriend on vacation:

https://www.si.com/extra-mustard/201...love-kate-bock
got the life
Old 07-09-19, 01:11 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Red View Post
Why would you want Russ? Can you build a team around him? Obviously not. Yes, you get a great talent, but you can't get enough pieces to go around him. Russ needs to change his game some, make it more attractive to play with him.
3 words- butts in seats.
Old 07-09-19, 01:16 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chop Stix View Post

Since OKC owns a lottery protected future first round pick from Miami, I think one thing Miami could offer would be to remove the lottery protections
Old 07-09-19, 01:28 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabezadecaballo View Post
If LeBron decides to play more like Magic did, and learns to just play his age all season and turn it up at playoff time, he really is capable of making everyone better.

But can he ignore the media in LA and national NBA commentators and just be the best version of LBJ for the team that gets assembled ? Or will he trip over his own ego again ?
LeBron can't check his ego. He decides how much he plays, he decides who plays and how the team is run. That's ok if your winning, but if you're not, it fractures the team.
Biggest issue for the Lakers this coming season is how and when LeBron and AD's "load management" games happen. Do they happen together, do they split them? What if teams really start to go after LeBron defensively and he just can't do it? Is he able to check down and take the weakest offensive player on the other team?
The Lakers have done a decent job of grabbing up the leftover free agents, but are they going to be any better than a bunch of NBA journeymen and a .500 team?
Old 07-09-19, 03:13 PM
All Yappi

If I'm OKC, I'm asking for Dragic, James Johnson and Bam with a first round pick, the elimination of the protection on the one first round pick they're already owed, and a pick swap at some point down the road. If Miami really wants Westbrook they'd do that.

For OKC Dragic is worth either $20 million in savings after this year or 1-2 draft assets for eating an equal contract at the deadline.

Old 07-09-19, 08:30 PM
Junior Varsity

Who has the better team the L.A. Lakers or the L.A. Clippers?