Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  
Old 07-03-19, 09:36 AM
All World

lchsman is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by parkhaven View Post
Mooney played the meaningless LC game last year as a scrimmage starting subs, not making adjustments until well into the third quarter and running formations that they didn't run all year. I keep wondering why NDCL feels a need to throw games to LC from time to time.
Nice to know Coach Mooney considers a week 8 game like a scrimmage. The expectations must be set high at NDCL when your team is 7-1 heading into a meaningless week 8 game against Lake Catholic.

So just to make sure everyone understands what youíre saying...NDCL was 7-1 last season heading into week 8. The week 8 game against Lake was meaningless and Coach Mooney had no desire to win that game or make the playoffs. He made no adjustments until well into the 3rd quarter and was running formations they didnít run all year. And lastly, you keep wondering why NDCL (Coach Mooney) feels a need to throw games to LC from time to time.

I have a question...

Who would want to send their kids to play football at NDCL when Coach Mooney considers a week 8 game like a meaningless scrimmage, makes no adjustments until late in the third quarter, letís Lake Catholic beat them once in a while, and doesnít want to play in the postseason?
Old 07-03-19, 09:48 AM
All World

Quote:
LC was always far more hype than substance. How many LC players turned pro? 3? 4? How many were true standouts on the national level? What was LC's maximum attendance to a game? 12,000? Maybe. Check out the storied histories of St. Joes, Benedictine, Latin, Ignatius, Holy Name and Eds. Scores of players from those schools made the pros. Your blind hatred for NDCL prevents you from seeing that LC had little more than a medium sized, better than average, football program when viewed objectively outside of the NH's endless grandstanding on LC's behalf. What explains LC's current decline more than anything though is its error in adopting a win-at-any-cost philosophy under Bell who corrupted its program along with sub-par academics. Beyond that, NDCL's car dealer donations probably exceed LC's total revenues at this point. LOL!
Blind hatred towards NDCL? Win at any cost? Bell corrupted the program? NDCL car dealer donations exceed LC total revenue?

What are you scared of Park? Why all the hate?
Old 07-03-19, 09:56 AM
All World

Quote:
You hate NDCL. I get it. Beyond that, I could not care less what you think about NDCL.
You hate Lake. Everyone here gets it. You need help. Everyone here gets it.

Maybe starting a first ever NDCL thread here on yappi will help you with your issues?
Old 07-03-19, 09:58 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auggie View Post
Live shot of the NDCL Football Trophy Case>

Good luck to the Bengals this season.
Old 07-03-19, 01:43 PM
All District

parkhaven is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:

Provided by an alum of the only Catholic High School in Ohio that had one of its stand-out student football players convicted of murder.
Old 07-03-19, 01:53 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by lchsman View Post
You hate Lake. Everyone here gets it. You need help. Everyone here gets it.

Maybe starting a first ever NDCL thread here on yappi will help you with your issues?
Hey, I tried to save LC from itself for almost ten years. They just wouldn't listen. All you and your fellow alums cared about was expressing your irrational hate for NDCL and winning in football at any cost. Now, there is a real question as to whether LC is going to even survive. Isn't it interesting that neither LC or Bell were able to find success after Bell was fired? The two needed each other to succeed. The dirty play, the illegal recruiting and the endless questionable transfers each season into the football program along with criminals in its administration, sub-par academics and rumors that the school is/was losing accreditation all added up to undermine LC. LC did it to itself. And, you still refuse to wake up and smell the coffee. Unbelievable. BTW, attacking me personally is not going to save LC.
Old 07-03-19, 03:11 PM
Varsity

dendubliner is on a distinguished road
Quote:
LC was always far more hype than substance. How many LC players turned pro? 3? 4? How many were true standouts on the national level? What was LC's maximum attendance to a game? 12,000? Maybe. Check out the storied histories of St. Joes, Benedictine, Latin, Ignatius, Holy Name and Eds. Scores of players from those schools made the pros. Your blind hatred for NDCL prevents you from seeing that LC had little more than a medium sized, better than average, football program when viewed objectively outside of the NH's endless grandstanding on LC's behalf. What explains LC's current decline more than anything though is its error in adopting a win-at-any-cost philosophy under Bell who corrupted its program along with sub-par academics. Beyond that, NDCL's car dealer donations probably exceed LC's total revenues at this point. LOL!
All these years and parkhaven is still obsessed with Lake. Get a hobby, dude.

Do three state titles = hype? Who cares how many players went pro? Thatís your argument? Weak.

Keep obsessing.
Old 07-03-19, 05:11 PM
All Ohio

hoban2020 is on a distinguished road
Quote:

Sir, you are so far off base ...

1. Iíve never posted badly about NDCL. You e got the wrong guy.
2. My dad graduated from Latin, my niece from NDCL and my oldest cousin taught there.
3. Lake won 3 state titles, in the division based on their school size, in 12 years between 1991-2002. That looks like substance to me.
4. Iíd like some Lake guys to post LCís lifetime football record vs the schools you mentioned above. Iím guessing theyíre close to .500 in total in aggregate.
5. Lakeís attendance is down partly due to academics, partly to cost, partly to demographics, partly due to prior administration, partly to the success of Mentor/Kirtland. Variety of reasons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-03-19, 08:04 PM
All World

Quote:
Hey, I tried to save LC from itself for almost ten years. They just wouldn't listen. All you and your fellow alums cared about was expressing your irrational hate for NDCL and winning in football at any cost. Now, there is a real question as to whether LC is going to even survive. Isn't it interesting that neither LC or Bell were able to find success after Bell was fired? The two needed each other to succeed. The dirty play, the illegal recruiting and the endless questionable transfers each season into the football program along with criminals in its administration, sub-par academics and rumors that the school is/was losing accreditation all added up to undermine LC. LC did it to itself. And, you still refuse to wake up and smell the coffee. Unbelievable. BTW, attacking me personally is not going to save LC.
Nobody is attacking you. Youíre attacking LC and all the good people affiliated. NDCL was never even brought up until you showed up.

I can however expose you. Remember 20+ years ago on the other site when you almost had a coronary? Many people already know who you are.

My suggestion to you is to give some insight on this years Lion team on the NDCL thread that was started. Or, just keep chirping away, West-sider.
Old 07-03-19, 09:03 PM
All District

Quote:

Aw, Auggie can't handle the truth. Three words: Raymond Williams & Benedictine. He almost took down the school.
Old 07-03-19, 09:05 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by dendubliner View Post
All these years and parkhaven is still obsessed with Lake. Get a hobby, dude.

Do three state titles = hype? Who cares how many players went pro? Thatís your argument? Weak.

Keep obsessing.
Just keeping the record straight. LC should not get credit for football wins that it got by cheating. It is an Christian concept that is easy to understand. But then, Christianity was never big at LC. It wasn't called Fake Catholic without reason.
Old 07-03-19, 09:08 PM
All District

Quote:
Nobody is attacking you. Youíre attacking LC and all the good people affiliated. NDCL was never even brought up until you showed up.

I can however expose you. Remember 20+ years ago on the other site when you almost had a coronary? Many people already know who you are.

My suggestion to you is to give some insight on this years Lion team on the NDCL thread that was started. Or, just keep chirping away, West-sider.
You have me confused with someone else. I don't have heart disease. Beyond that, just pointing out that LC should not get credit for wins gotten by cheating. Apparently, many parents agree and are no longer sending their kids to LC.
Old 07-03-19, 09:15 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoban2020 View Post

2. My dad graduated from Latin, my niece from NDCL and my oldest cousin taught there.
3. Lake won 3 state titles, in the division based on their school size, in 12 years between 1991-2002. That looks like substance to me.
4. Iíd like some Lake guys to post LCís lifetime football record vs the schools you mentioned above. Iím guessing theyíre close to .500 in total in aggregate.
5. Lakeís attendance is down partly due to academics, partly to cost, partly to demographics, partly due to prior administration, partly to the success of Mentor/Kirtland. Variety of reasons.

And, partly due to criminal corruption in their administration, partly due to profane coaches that are no longer tolerated, partly due to a failed football program, party due to corruption in that football program that Bell left when he was fired, party due to rumors that it lost its accreditation, partly due to a culture that was hostile to outsiders, partly due to a refusal to admit its mistakes so as to correct them. Beyond that, Hoban is hardly squeaky clean as you know. LOL! Do you really want to try to defend LC's corruption when Hoban is being accused of the same sorts of things?
Old 07-03-19, 10:11 PM
All District

I find it interesting that no one from LC or anywhere else tries to contest the facts I cite to support my opinions on the merits. Of course they are common knowledge so that is understandable perhaps. And, I have often commented on how the members of LC's fan base reject the existence of objective truth much like the neo-communist dim drones do by way of their atheist philosophy (diamat). For the LC fan base, it is and always has been about emotional reflexes, personal attacks and now? Veiled threats.

"I can however expose you. Remember 20+ years ago on the other site when you almost had a coronary? Many people already know who you are." - LCHSMAN.

Football is becoming something ugly. It needs to be de-emphasized.
Old 07-04-19, 05:11 AM
All World

Quote:
You have me confused with someone else. I don't have heart disease. Beyond that, just pointing out that LC should not get credit for wins gotten by cheating. Apparently, many parents agree and are no longer sending their kids to LC.
So why post this below if I have you confused with someone else, West-sider? Why are you scared of everyone finding out who you are? I strongly believe the NDCL Community should know who this is representing their school. I think most on this site would agree as well, West-sider.

Quote:
I find it interesting that no one from LC or anywhere else tries to contest the facts I cite to support my opinions on the merits. Of course they are common knowledge so that is understandable perhaps. And, I have often commented on how the members of LC's fan base reject the existence of objective truth much like the neo-communist dim drones do by way of their atheist philosophy (diamat). For the LC fan base, it is and always has been about emotional reflexes, personal attacks and now? Veiled threats.

"I can however expose you. Remember 20+ years ago on the other site when you almost had a coronary? Many people already know who you are." - LCHSMAN.

Football is becoming something ugly. It needs to be de-emphasized.
You consider that a threat? Yep, this is definitely the same Parkhaven that never played a down of football in his entire life. All I said was Iím going to expose you. Just telling everyone who you are, West-sider.

Why even take the time to post this response if itís not you? Youíre deteriorating as you get older, West-sider.

But like I already stated, thereís an NDCL thread that was started so we can get some insight on the 2019 Lions. Not surprisingly though, thereís been 0 posts and itís almost on the 2nd page already. Or, just continue chirping away, West-sider.
Old 07-04-19, 05:45 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoban2020 View Post

Here you go Hoban2020. I figured I would start with West-siderís alma mater...

Cathedral Latin - Lake Catholic is 2-0 lifetime defeating Cathedral Latin 23-0 in 1977 and 17-14 in 1978. Then unfortunately, Cathedral Latin CLOSED in 1979. Maybe thatís why Park is so bitter?

Benedictine - Lake Catholic is 18-10 lifetime against the Bengals.

St. Ignatius - Lake Catholic is 7-9 lifetime against the Wildcats.

Holy Name - Lake Catholic is 29-5 lifetime against the Green Wave.

St. Joeís - Lake Catholic is 4-10-3 lifetime against the Vikings.

St. Edward - Lake Catholic is 9-10 lifetime against the Eagles.
Old 07-04-19, 01:40 PM
All Ohio

hoban2020 is on a distinguished road
Lake Catholic 2019

Thanks for the research ... So, absent Holy Name, the Cougars are 40-39-3 against schools with storied traditions. Which to me equates to equal, which means if those programs have storied traditions, then so does Lake Catholic - with their 3 State titles.

Old 07-04-19, 02:34 PM
All District

buno67 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
The past 3 season are the most success Twinsburg has had for a stretch since Ď10-Ď13. Bell took over a twinsburg program that won 3 games in 2 years. Also you say illegal recruiting, bet you just about every private school does some illegal recruiting.
Old 07-04-19, 05:37 PM
All District

Quote:
Here you go Hoban2020. I figured I would start with West-siderís alma mater...

Cathedral Latin - Lake Catholic is 2-0 lifetime defeating Cathedral Latin 23-0 in 1977 and 17-14 in 1978. Then unfortunately, Cathedral Latin CLOSED in 1979. Maybe thatís why Park is so bitter?

Benedictine - Lake Catholic is 18-10 lifetime against the Bengals.

St. Ignatius - Lake Catholic is 7-9 lifetime against the Wildcats.

Holy Name - Lake Catholic is 29-5 lifetime against the Green Wave.

St. Joeís - Lake Catholic is 4-10-3 lifetime against the Vikings.

St. Edward - Lake Catholic is 9-10 lifetime against the Eagles.
Many, if not most won by cheating. I guess you think the embezzler should be able to keep what they embezzle. (I doubt the parents who were paying tuition while the embezzling was going on would agree with that supposition.)
Old 07-04-19, 05:43 PM
All District

Quote:
So why post this below if I have you confused with someone else, West-sider? Why are you scared of everyone finding out who you are? I strongly believe the NDCL Community should know who this is representing their school. I think most on this site would agree as well, West-sider.

You consider that a threat? Yep, this is definitely the same Parkhaven that never played a down of football in his entire life. All I said was Iím going to expose you. Just telling everyone who you are, West-sider.

Why even take the time to post this response if itís not you? Youíre deteriorating as you get older, West-sider.

But like I already stated, thereís an NDCL thread that was started so we can get some insight on the 2019 Lions. Not surprisingly though, thereís been 0 posts and itís almost on the 2nd page already. Or, just continue chirping away, West-sider.
Again, attacking or trying to threaten me personally is not going to save LC. Beyond that, you are correct that I am an academics guy and not a football guy. Football is a diversion for me. Being a football guy would bore me out of my mind. Finally, I didn't graduate from NDCL. That said, the school has left LC in the dust. LOL!
Old 07-04-19, 05:47 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by buno67 View Post
The past 3 season are the most success Twinsburg has had for a stretch since Ď10-Ď13. Bell took over a twinsburg program that won 3 games in 2 years. Also you say illegal recruiting, bet you just about every private school does some illegal recruiting.
Who cares?
Old 07-04-19, 05:53 PM
All District

buno67 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Who cares?
Youíre the one trying to trash him
Old 07-04-19, 07:00 PM
All District

Quote:
Youíre the one trying to trash him
I trashed Bell a long time ago. That is old news. I could not care less what he is doing today. As for his winning season at Twinsburg? "Even a stopped clock is right twice/day." We can agree on this. He can't cheat at Twinsburg the way he did at LC. He would need a compliant administration to be able to do that.
Old 07-04-19, 07:03 PM
All District

I wonder if LC closing along with Chanel was baked in the cake when Bell was fired and Sal, "The Cooler" was appointed. I don't know that for a fact, but it seems like it might turn out to be possible.
Old 07-05-19, 10:08 AM
All American

hsfan60 is on a distinguished road
One truth is

Quote:
I wonder if LC closing along with Chanel was baked in the cake when Bell was fired and Sal, "The Cooler" was appointed. I don't know that for a fact, but it seems like it might turn out to be possible.
That Sal was a cancer for both schools!
Old 07-16-19, 06:09 AM
Junior Varsity

Ironmike is on a distinguished road
talent

I think if Lake can get a top level athlete (thinking Stanzi level), others will follow and help rebuild the program.
Old 07-16-19, 09:30 AM
Varsity

BearcatBengal is on a distinguished road
Lake Catholic football preview with Talk Back Fans https://www.facebook.com/TalkBackFan...3473470468785/
Old 07-17-19, 02:42 PM
Junior Varsity

Ironmike is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Mentorís program took a huge jump
Kirtlandís program took a huge jump
CYO programs struggles

I think with how successful Mentor and Kirtland have been, players were choosing to attend those other area schools than LC. Also. Private school education isnít what it use to be.
I would agree. Any kid living in the Lake county area wanting to play football would likely lean towards Mentor or Kirtland. Mentor and Kirtland both are great academic schools. I think, looking back on Lake's 2005 team, they would have beat Mentor, but I digress.