Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  
Old 12-04-18, 08:13 PM
All American

marvinlewis08 is on a distinguished road
Hamilton High School

Any word on where they are in the process?

Last I heard they were down to final 3 or 4 and that was last week?

Has this job become so bad that nobody in Hamiltucky cares?
Sponsored Links
Old 12-05-18, 08:08 AM
All Region

JetSweepAudible22 is on a distinguished road
Should be announced soon....
Old 12-05-18, 09:51 AM
All Region

BaBa au Rum is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetSweepAudible22 View Post
Should be announced soon....
Tough job. They've had really good freshman classes the past 3 years and the majority of those kids have left for FF, WW, COF, or just decided no to play. Not sure what was happening, but must be something to them looking for a new coach. I've heard the AD is who needs to be replaced, not the coach.

Hopefully they find the right guy.
Old 12-05-18, 10:09 AM
All District

Manmythlegeng66 is on a distinguished road
Last I heard everyone thought Mahon was the sure choice. But from what Ive heard all the coaches have started planning for next year, and Jan they start off season lifting program. No one has said anything to any of the kids at LM yet. It doesnt mean anything it just what I know. What that also means is if it is Mahon there is a good possibility his replacement at LM is already on staff.
Old 12-05-18, 01:43 PM
All American

big_blue_fan
I've heard there is a little controversy happening...hiring committee unanimously recommended Steve Channell as the choice, but the school board is dead set on it being Mahon. Last I heard they are now waiting until the end of the month to make a move.
Old 12-05-18, 02:00 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_blue_fan View Post
I've heard there is a little controversy happening...hiring committee unanimously recommended Steve Channell as the choice, but the school board is dead set on it being Mahon. Last I heard they are now waiting until the end of the month to make a move.
Wow if that is true that's pretty amazing. I'm sure the Wing-T would go over real well in Hamilton If people thought there was a mass exodus happening now, wait til that news gets out. Winton Woods and Fairfield would love that news
Old 12-05-18, 02:08 PM
Freshman

kleiner Mann is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by big_blue_fan View Post
I'd love to know who's on the "hiring" committee. Hopefully not Chad Konkle. The guy's a moron and has his hands in everything Hamil-tucky.
Old 12-05-18, 03:41 PM
All District

icecold is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvinlewis08 View Post
Wow if that is true that's pretty amazing. I'm sure the Wing-T would go over real well in Hamilton If people thought there was a mass exodus happening now, wait til that news gets out. Winton Woods and Fairfield would love that news
Exactly

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Old 12-05-18, 03:51 PM
All District

mike45069 is on a distinguished road
The Hamilton school board... what a great track record of success they have lol. Perhaps they should sit this one out. While I agree the wingt isnt going to win a division I state championship, it would sure be an upgrade over the 5 wide and run your best athlete out of the QB position and get your QB hurt by week 4 every season offense I've seen the last few years. I do wish someone would bring an Elder style offense to the GMC though, a downfield, crossing route, complex passing game. But getting a guy like Channel, cant go wrong at Hamilton signing him.
Old 12-06-18, 08:10 AM
Varsity

ohiofootballphan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike45069 View Post
While I agree the wingt isnt going to win a division I state championship, it would sure be an upgrade over the 5 wide and run your best athlete out of the QB position and get your QB hurt by week 4 every season offense I've seen the last few years. I do wish someone would bring an Elder style offense to the GMC though, a downfield, crossing route, complex passing game. But getting a guy like Channel, cant go wrong at Hamilton signing him.
I think it's a little more complicated than that... The biggest problem is getting the kids to stay out of trouble. How about not getting locked up and being eligible? DO you think Channel will connect with Hamilton kids?
Old 12-06-18, 08:18 AM
All Region

JetSweepAudible22 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiofootballphan View Post
I think it's a little more complicated than that... The biggest problem is getting the kids to stay out of trouble. How about not getting locked up and being eligible? DO you think Channel will connect with Hamilton kids?
What an amazing point. Forget the crapshow that is the Hamilton hiring committee and school board, this head coach needs to be able to connect with players, keep them out of trouble and keep them at Hamilton. Channel has been at Edgewood and Miamisburg, which is a far cry from Hamilton. Mahon has been at Northwest/Little Miami and Crouch has been at Hamilton/Mt Healthy....they are much better fits to connect with the players than Channel.
Old 12-06-18, 08:36 AM
All District

Manmythlegeng66 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetSweepAudible22 View Post
What an amazing point. Forget the crapshow that is the Hamilton hiring committee and school board, this head coach needs to be able to connect with players, keep them out of trouble and keep them at Hamilton. Channel has been at Edgewood and Miamisburg, which is a far cry from Hamilton. Mahon has been at Northwest/Little Miami and Crouch has been at Hamilton/Mt Healthy....they are much better fits to connect with the players than Channel.
Looking at it Crouch has the most experience with those types of players. I think he would be the best fit. But Mahon is the hot name with the swagger. It will be interesting to see.
Old 12-06-18, 06:56 PM
Junior Varsity

GGB974 is on a distinguished road
Hamilton would be foolish not to hire Steve Channell. He would get the community and school working together instantly. The football program, youth through high school, would be on the same page and you would quickly see growth in participation and success. Coach Channell adapts well to his personell and and gets the most out of his players. Say what you will, but Edgewood is still using the "blueprint" he brought in and having great results...Miamisburg, well they were on death's doorstep.. and the success over the last 6-8 years speaks for itself. This could be a huge loss for Miamisburg and "homerun" for Hamilton.
Old 12-07-18, 07:06 AM
All American

thehawg27 is on a distinguished road
For all you Channell pushers...there is no doubt the man in shorts has a track record of winning. I doubt any on here can argue that....HOWEVER knowing what is known about the off the field issues, I highly doubt the Hamilton board (in their infinite wisdom) will pull the trigger on this recommendation (if true). Just a hunch.
Old 12-07-18, 07:59 AM
All Ohio

NewOldBlood is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by GGB974 View Post
Hamilton would be foolish not to hire Steve Channell. He would get the community and school working together instantly. The football program, youth through high school, would be on the same page and you would quickly see growth in participation and success. Coach Channell adapts well to his personell and and gets the most out of his players. Say what you will, but Edgewood is still using the "blueprint" he brought in and having great results...Miamisburg, well they were on death's doorstep.. and the success over the last 6-8 years speaks for itself. This could be a huge loss for Miamisburg and "homerun" for Hamilton.
I won't say that I don't think the Channell cat can be successful at Hamilton, he's obviously a good football coach and you are 100% correct with your comments about Edgewood and Miamisburg. But I will say, I think Hamilton is a completely different animal than either of those schools. The communities and the student bodies are very different and come with their own set of problems that I'm not sure Channell has dealt with at his previous stops. That's not to say he can't adjust and do great things at Hamilton, honestly I don't think we'll know until we see it, but it's definitely something to think about.
Old 12-07-18, 11:28 AM
Varsity

ThePrepGuru is on a distinguished road
Steve Channell is a winning football coach. Hamilton is hiring a football coach. If they want to win, it is important that they hire a guy who knows how to win. Relating with players and serving as a mentor, while important, is not the main criteria you use to hire a coach. I am sure Steve Channell can hire a really good staff around him. One that does have the experience of working with kids like Hamilton's. How many of assistant coaches can you hire within your school buildings, is almost as important as who the head coach is. Go for the proven winner, and build the right support system around that coach and the players, and things will quickly improve for the Big Blue.
Old 12-07-18, 11:31 AM
All Region

Interesting that Cox, who was fired at LW, isn't after this job instead of Talawanda.

What's that say about Cox? The man had all the talent in the world at LW and couldn't win. Why not go to Hamilton and show everyone just how good he is? No he'll go to Talawanda for a few years, make a little extra money and bail.
Old 12-07-18, 12:31 PM
All District

Groundhog Day is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaBa au Rum View Post
Interesting that Cox, who was fired at LW, isn't after this job instead of Talawanda.

What's that say about Cox? The man had all the talent in the world at LW and couldn't win. Why not go to Hamilton and show everyone just how good he is? No he'll go to Talawanda for a few years, make a little extra money and bail.
Maybe he was interested and Hamilton didn't want him. Rarely does someone who is fired hired within the same conference. You make it a personal attack on him, he's gone from LW, let it go.
Old 12-07-18, 04:32 PM
All American

bigblue75 is on a distinguished road
If Steve Channell is interested in the job...then itís a no brainer on who should be the next coach.
Old 12-07-18, 05:03 PM
All District

Rooster is on a distinguished road
Hamilton

Channel

Channel is an Edgewood guy. The current Supt. is also a long time Edgewood man.. previously serving as the Supt. there as well.

I say that the "man in shorts" has the inside track. Hamilton's BOE had enough headaches this year with the former Supt. leaving.

Personally, I like the guy and think he'd be fine at Hamilton.
Old 12-07-18, 06:26 PM
All American

If Hamilton goes Steve Channel there will be an exodus from that program that Moses would be envious of.

Got to be Mahon or Crouch
Old 12-07-18, 06:34 PM
All Yappi

DonMagicRon is on a distinguished road
Quote:
If Hamilton goes Steve Channel there will be an exodus from that program that Moses would be envious of.

What do you base this on? And how many times has Crouch name been in the mix for bigger jobs? Middletown, Oak Hills. Princeton, Hamilton (2). He's not going anywhere.
Old 12-07-18, 08:38 PM
All District

Rooster is on a distinguished road
Quote:

That is a funny line. I still think Channel has the advantage.. but props on that line.
Old 12-09-18, 08:43 AM
All District

TR1982 is on a distinguished road
I've heard its crouch and Mt. Healthy has already been looking for replacements.
Old 12-09-18, 10:28 AM
All World

cheaptilt is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Why would it not go over well? no one complains about the triple option in Colrain and Hillard Davidson's run based offense. I know everyone loves the wide open offenses but from everything I read Hamilton doesn't have that type of talent on the field yet. Maybe winning a couple games they could attract some of those kids.
Old 12-09-18, 10:51 AM
All Yappi

DonMagicRon is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TR1982 View Post
I've heard its crouch and Mt. Healthy has already been looking for replacements.
If this is accurate, Mt. Healthy should look to Deer Park for the new head coach.
Old 12-09-18, 11:19 AM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonMagicRon View Post
If this is accurate, Mt. Healthy should look to Deer Park for the new head coach.
Nate Snow will replace Crouch if Hamilton is indeed a done deal!
Old 12-09-18, 12:21 PM
All Ohio

cincifbfan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaBa au Rum View Post
Nate Snow will replace Crouch if Hamilton is indeed a done deal!
Wow, that'd be a great idea
Old 12-09-18, 01:50 PM
All American

thehawg27 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TR1982 View Post
Neither of those things are true. No one (including Crouch) has been offered this job. Anything posted as fact is mere speculation. Crouch would be a viable option but hasnt been offered this job.
Old 12-09-18, 01:54 PM
All Yappi

zeeman is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by thehawg27 View Post
For all you Channell pushers...there is no doubt the man in shorts has a track record of winning. I doubt any on here can argue that....HOWEVER knowing what is known about the off the field issues, I highly doubt the Hamilton board (in their infinite wisdom) will pull the trigger on this recommendation (if true). Just a hunch.
Why not? Doesnít west side little league encourage such behavior in its coaches?