Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  
  #301  
Old 06-07-19, 04:03 AM
bulldog1974 bulldog1974 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 05-06-07
Location: In a Negley cornfield
Posts: 2,693
bulldog1974 is on a distinguished road
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaws31 View Post
My bad, said 846 when its 500. Interesting that you always use the term "steal" though. Stealing implies ownership and I didn't realize school districts had ownership over those that reside within their boundaries. Who knew huh?
Recruiting is theft. Otherwise, they would stay at their home school.
Recruiting isn't in your vocabulary, although the 31 added to JFK's football enrollment says otherwise.
  #302  
Old 06-07-19, 04:32 PM
ThaXFactor ThaXFactor is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 08-31-18
Posts: 70
ThaXFactor is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldog1974 View Post
We had a revolving door after Blevins left. Foster is that stability now. But, he needs to be IN the school district, that is the only difference. Can't say I blame him, though.

That last coach you named was a "bargain basement" find. Which goes back to a BOE that has no clue.
Whatever happened to Sharkey??? Where did he end up and where is he now? IIRC, he was at United before EP, correct? I talked with him a couple of times. SUPER nice guy!
  #303  
Old 06-07-19, 08:47 PM
GoalLineStand GoalLineStand is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 07-11-10
Posts: 84
GoalLineStand is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaXFactor View Post
Whatever happened to Sharkey??? Where did he end up and where is he now? IIRC, he was at United before EP, correct? I talked with him a couple of times. SUPER nice guy!
He left EP to take the HC job in his hometown of Barberton. Had a 9-31 record in four years there before resigning. Might still be an assistant coach there but Iím not 100% sure.
  #304  
Old 06-08-19, 04:39 AM
bulldog1974 bulldog1974 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 05-06-07
Location: In a Negley cornfield
Posts: 2,693
bulldog1974 is on a distinguished road
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoalLineStand View Post
He left EP to take the HC job in his hometown of Barberton. Had a 9-31 record in four years there before resigning. Might still be an assistant coach there but Iím not 100% sure.
Wasn't the stadium at Barberton named after Shark's father?
  #305  
Old 06-08-19, 11:17 AM
GoalLineStand GoalLineStand is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 07-11-10
Posts: 84
GoalLineStand is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldog1974 View Post
Wasn't the stadium at Barberton named after Shark's father?
Thatís correct.
  #306  
Old 07-04-19, 04:28 PM
unitedfan76 unitedfan76 is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 08-31-15
Posts: 12
unitedfan76 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaXFactor View Post
If I read it correctly (BIG if, I'm not very smart), it looks like Columbiana has the most OE kids in Columbiana County now. What's Spaite doing in there, lol? It's also interesting to see the overall decline of enrollment numbers in the county as a whole. If you would have told me 25 years ago that EP and United (BOTH of whom used to be implanted in D4) would be D6, I would have called the men in the white jackets to come and get you, lol!
I believe the drop from D4 to D6 at United is more because of the change in divisions more than enrollment the classes there are about same now as in the past a big issue at United right now is the difference in numbers of boys to girls, United will could be really good or bad this year the line will be the key there are only 5 or 6 seniors coming back and only 1 or 2 on the line, the junior class has the size and strength but not the experience if they click fast then they should be pretty tough if not then it could be a rough year for them coaching will be key to get the line ready, and how much the coach's kid grew up this past year he definitely wasn't ready for the field last year.
  #307  
Old 07-09-19, 05:15 PM
bulldog1974 bulldog1974 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 05-06-07
Location: In a Negley cornfield
Posts: 2,693
bulldog1974 is on a distinguished road
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by unitedfan76 View Post
I believe the drop from D4 to D6 at United is more because of the change in divisions more than enrollment the classes there are about same now as in the past a big issue at United right now is the difference in numbers of boys to girls, United will could be really good or bad this year the line will be the key there are only 5 or 6 seniors coming back and only 1 or 2 on the line, the junior class has the size and strength but not the experience if they click fast then they should be pretty tough if not then it could be a rough year for them coaching will be key to get the line ready, and how much the coach's kid grew up this past year he definitely wasn't ready for the field last year.
Wrong, it's more enrollment, period. United barely was D4, EP was well into D4 back when they returned to the TCL. At one time EP was D3 for several years prior to that. CB just adds worthless numbers to enrollment and jades the divisional cutoffs.
  #308  
Old 07-11-19, 12:48 PM
unitedfan76 unitedfan76 is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 08-31-15
Posts: 12
unitedfan76 is on a distinguished road
My kids go there I went there and my dad went there my dad graduated with 85 in his class I graduated with 94 my daughter graduated with 89 the enrollment amount of boys to girls when I went was almost 1 to 1 now it's more like 2 girls to every boy that's the biggest issue a lot of boys end up leaving for west branch or southern for wrestling but we pick up girls from salem
  #309  
Old 07-11-19, 03:55 PM
bulldog1974 bulldog1974 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 05-06-07
Location: In a Negley cornfield
Posts: 2,693
bulldog1974 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by unitedfan76 View Post
My kids go there I went there and my dad went there my dad graduated with 85 in his class I graduated with 94 my daughter graduated with 89 the enrollment amount of boys to girls when I went was almost 1 to 1 now it's more like 2 girls to every boy that's the biggest issue a lot of boys end up leaving for west branch or southern for wrestling but we pick up girls from salem
Some of EP's past classes had over 175 in them, about 270 in the upper 3 grades for boys alone. The High School had almost 800 students.
Most EOAC schools don't even have 270 kids in the whole school counting both boys and girls today.
  #310  
Old 07-17-19, 12:31 PM
kingpin2010 kingpin2010 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 01-27-10
Location: McDonald, OH
Posts: 4,872
kingpin2010 is on a distinguished road
After catching up on some the wkbn previews I think this should be a solid league year for the EOAC. Southern and Columbiana look to be the 2 top squads, with United not far behind. Should be interesting how it plays out among them 3.
  #311  
Old 07-17-19, 12:51 PM
KingoftheITCL KingoftheITCL is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 10-01-11
Location: Boardman
Posts: 6
KingoftheITCL is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingpin2010 View Post
After catching up on some the wkbn previews I think this should be a solid league year for the EOAC. Southern and Columbiana look to be the 2 top squads, with United not far behind. Should be interesting how it plays out among them 3.
Looks like they are the clear front runners for the title, should be a fun game to watch! I went to the game two years ago, in Columbiana, and in fact Southern should have won that game.. they ran a read play on 3rd down and fumbled the ball. Great game then and I expect this one to be great as well.
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Kettering Fairmont D-1 District Rankings (Off Season #2) McClearn7 Wrestling 3 08-02-18 12:58 PM
Hard to believe - Tim Goodwin is entering his 20th season at Marion Local CJK84 Football 44 07-31-18 03:18 PM
Hoover D-1 District Rankings (Regular Season #1) McClearn7 Wrestling 4 11-19-17 04:05 PM
Heath D-2 District Rankings (Off Season #4) McClearn7 Wrestling 5 10-17-17 07:17 PM
Heath D-2 District Rankings (Off Season #3) McClearn7 Wrestling 7 09-03-17 05:38 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:48 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.