Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  
Old 07-13-19, 06:35 PM
All World

Buckeye Elite is on a distinguished road
East lost a lot to Chaney, that’s possible but they don’t have the discipline to beat Poland
Old 07-13-19, 06:49 PM
All World

Also they arnt beating alliance either barring something crazy
Old 07-13-19, 08:22 PM
All Yappi

Spread All Day is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye Elite View Post
Also they arnt beating alliance either barring something crazy

Yeah I think Alliance will be pretty good this year. They hung with Poland for most of the game last year and thatís something Niles couldnít do at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-14-19, 06:44 AM
Freshman

Red-Lep is on a distinguished road
How did Alliance do against the valley last year? Scored 13 points gave up 117 points�� I realize that Niles went 4-6 last year playing the AAC conference schedule and Girard but let's be fair, Alliance would have had the same record playing the same schedule. The only "good" teams in Stark county are in the Federal League, Massillon and Louisville and you don't see them on Alliances schedule. No, they schedule a 4-6 team that is D3 when they are a D2 school. If you are "good" you don't hide from those teams that are sitting in your backyard.
Old 07-14-19, 07:47 AM
All Yappi

2019 NE8 Conference

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red-Lep View Post
How did Alliance do against the valley last year? Scored 13 points gave up 117 points�� I realize that Niles went 4-6 last year playing the AAC conference schedule and Girard but let's be fair, Alliance would have had the same record playing the same schedule. The only "good" teams in Stark county are in the Federal League, Massillon and Louisville and you don't see them on Alliances schedule. No, they schedule a 4-6 team that is D3 when they are a D2 school. If you are "good" you don't hide from those teams that are sitting in your backyard.

How did Niles do against those same teams?

Edit. Found it. 7-107 total score against Poland Hubbard and Canfield. All Iím sayin is your critique of alliance is unfair and Niles isnít going to walk over them.

Old 07-14-19, 08:38 AM
Freshman

Red-Lep is on a distinguished road
Niles isn't going to walk over Alliance but it is winnable. Niles also has a good chance to start 4-0 and with that is the confidence that is needed to help a team play to its potential. And have a successful year . Alliance is no elite team, people need to stop talking them up. This is 2019 not 1959.
Old 07-14-19, 11:09 AM
All World

Alliance beat up on a pretty good marlington team that Poland barely beat. What turned Niles into world beaters? They lost their best player and unless people moved into for that line it’s not going to go well against a team like Poland, alliance, or east
Old 07-14-19, 11:14 AM
All World

Alliance also went to the playoffs back to back years so they can’t be horrible as what Niles has been for a couple years. I’m not saying they can be successful, but 4-0 after the season they had last year not even coming close
To beating a team with a winning record is far out
Old 07-14-19, 11:46 AM
All District

NEohioFB is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Niles isn't going to walk over Alliance but it is winnable. Niles also has a good chance to start 4-0 and with that is the confidence that is needed to help a team play to its potential. And have a successful year . Alliance is no elite team, people need to stop talking them up. This is 2019 not 1959.

I like that this forum allows for bold statements and confidence. I do think that Alliance will be pretty good this year. Their QB is a heck of an athlete and they have other dangerous weapons. Their line should be relatively green but if their OC has a game plan to get the ball out of the QBs hand quickly they can be dangerous. I donít have Niles starting 4-0 but stranger things have happened!

Old 07-14-19, 04:43 PM
All American

BTrev is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider#23 View Post
Don't forget that Springfield beat South Range last year. I would NEVER say South Range beats Springfield comfortably. I hope your right though.
If South Range is entertaining the thought of winning the NE8 Championship this year, which they should be, they'd better beat Springfield comfortably.

South Range returns almost everyone from last year. Springfield lost almost everyone, except Bo Brumgard.
At best, Springfield would be the 5th best team in the NE8.
Old 07-14-19, 05:13 PM
All American

Quote:
Alliance should be favored against Hubbard and Niles. Slightly favored, but still favored. And to be fair, Alliance just moved up to D2 this year. They've been D3 for years...

But a Niles 4-0 start wouldn't surprise me at all. 2-2 sounds better though... Alliance should be pretty good again. And East should be able to reload... though they did lose quite a bit to Chaney. They'll blow out Howland and Jefferson... and Alliance and East could go either way. I say 2-2.
2018 was hardly a turn the corner kinda year for Niles... not like East had.

I say it all the time though. Don't sleep on Niles. They're the Dark Horse in the NE8 this year.
Old 07-14-19, 05:56 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTrev View Post
Alliance should be favored against Hubbard and Niles. Slightly favored, but still favored. And to be fair, Alliance just moved up to D2 this year. They've been D3 for years...

But a Niles 4-0 start wouldn't surprise me at all. 2-2 sounds better though... Alliance should be pretty good again. And East should be able to reload... though they did lose quite a bit to Chaney. They'll blow out Howland and Jefferson... and Alliance and East could go either way. I say 2-2.

2018 was hardly a turn the corner kinda year for Niles... not like East had.

I say it all the time though. Don't sleep on Niles. They're the Dark Horse in the NE8 this year.

I bet Howland gives them trouble too. They should win but still. Jefferson wonít be any issue at all. Alliance and east should both team them.

Old 07-14-19, 06:42 PM
All World

They beat up on Howland last year on a Thursday night, they’re gonna want their revenge. Niles QB was alright last year only really completed deep balls, and losing the RB will hurt, they had a smaller skat back last year, but he isn’t big enough to take a long season toll if the coach is smart he won’t give him
More then 12 carries a game. Niles lost their best RB and defensive player from last season, that is not easy to replace
Old 07-14-19, 07:24 PM
All American

I expect Gallo to fill Savin's role running between the tackles. Molnar will be their scat back again. And Leonard should have a more expanded role in the offense. I don't think they'll miss Savin too much on offense. More on defense... but Perry is a much better coach than Shaner. So the lines should be a lot better and the defense should also show a lot of improvement.

5-5, 6-4 is probably where Niles will end up... but even 7-3 wouldn't surprise me.
Old 07-14-19, 07:42 PM
All World

A D3 school playing mostly all D4 teams should easily go 6-4 every year
Old 07-14-19, 08:02 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
I expect Gallo to fill Savin's role running between the tackles. Molnar will be their scat back again. And Leonard should have a more expanded role in the offense. I don't think they'll miss Savin too much on offense. More on defense... but Perry is a much better coach than Shaner. So the lines should be a lot better and the defense should also show a lot of improvement.

5-5, 6-4 is probably where Niles will end up... but even 7-3 wouldn't surprise me.

Who is Niles going to beat in your mind?
Curious

Old 07-14-19, 10:32 PM
All World

I see them winning 4 games 5 if they upset someone, not a believer but they could change my mind, you also can’t say Perry is a much better coach then shaner, he hasn’t done anything get
Old 07-15-19, 12:22 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spread All Day View Post
Who is Niles going to beat in your mind?
Curious

Niles seems to always play well against Struthers. They always move the ball and put up points... 2013 and 2014 being the only exceptions. 2012 was a battle. And Niles had major upsets over Struthers in 2015 and 2016. Do I think Niles will beat Struthers this year? Absolutely not... but I probably said the same thing in 2015 and 2016. Everyone did. Especially in 2016.
Poland is the least likely to lose to Niles. The Poland stigma isn't just a Struthers thing. And Poland's talent pool is far from empty. They're gonna be fine. If Poland struggles at all in the next few years, it'll be because of coaching.

I think Howland, Jefferson, Lakeview, Girard are for sure wins. Not sure why you think Howland will be a challenge. I think Howland will be just as bad as they were last year... only possible win I see for Howland is Shaw.
Then East is another very winnable game, the more I think about it... almost everyone who played as a Junior or Sophomore at East last year is now at Chaney. And Chaney took their DC, which the defense was by far East's biggest strength. It will take more than Donlow for East to repeat the success they had in 2018.
South Range needs to prove they can play football in the NE8. It wouldn't surprise me at all if SR beat Hubbard or Poland. Also wouldn't surprise me if they lose to Niles or Girard. Tough to say until a couple games into the season.
And Hubbard's window might be closed... as discussed on the previous page by you and others. And you said you read somewhere that Harris has also left now? That would give them only 3 starters back on offense and 2 on defense. All on the linesÖ I know that's the foundation, but if Harris is gone then they won't have a single player on the team that's ever even touched the ball in a meaningful game before. Tough to reload after taking that kind of hit. Even for Hubbard... especially if they're not getting the transfers in like they're used to..

I don't think Niles will be able to hang with Alliance, Struthers, Poland.

So I see 4 wins. 3 losses. And should at least go 1-2 in toss ups.. That's 5-5.

But I've been wrong before.
Old 07-15-19, 05:43 AM
All World

My only thing with returning starters, is Niles lost a lot even tho it was only 3 starters, they lost their top 3 tacklers, their rb and their best receivers who had over 600 yards and was also a starting corner. Hubbard on the other case I think will still
Be good as they were when they had all Hubbard kids on the team, their Qb will be tough, and you might not want to say it because you have some sort of family tie to Poland but this years class was horrendous all the way up since middle school, and the cupboard is getting dry over there, wouldn’t surprise me if Springfield pulled some Poland kids just from coaching alone, leave that Dbag Williams at Poland and join their old savior in Springfield
Old 07-15-19, 01:15 PM
All American

Quote:
My only thing with returning starters, is Niles lost a lot even tho it was only 3 starters, they lost their top 3 tacklers, their rb and their best receivers who had over 600 yards and was also a starting corner. Hubbard on the other case I think will still
Be good as they were when they had all Hubbard kids on the team, their Qb will be tough, and you might not want to say it because you have some sort of family tie to Poland but this years class was horrendous all the way up since middle school, and the cupboard is getting dry over there, wouldnít surprise me if Springfield pulled some Poland kids just from coaching alone, leave that Dbag Williams at Poland and join their old savior in Springfield
Good points. Has Hoffman ever won anything at Hubbard with just Hubbard kids, though? Last coach to do that was Bayuk.

We'll see. Poland might not have the best overall record, but I'd be shocked if they don't have a winning record in the NE8. I think there's a good chance they lose to Marlington and Boardman. The 2 weeks after that are key for them. If they blow out Howland and beat South Range by 10+, then they haven't quit. If they drop their first 2 and the Howland game is close and they lose to South Range, then it's a clear sign that Williams lost the locker room.

Marlington - toss up... I'd pick Marlington
Boardman - loss
@ Howland - win
South Range - toss up, I'd pick Poland
@ Niles - win
@ Girard - win
Lakeview - win
@ Jefferson - win
@ Hubbard - toss up, right now I'd pick Poland... 5 weeks into the season, I might change my mind
Struthers - loss

I can see 5-5. I can also see 8-2. They'll probably be somewhere inbetween.
Old 07-15-19, 05:32 PM
All Yappi

2019 NE8 Conference

Quote:
Good points. Has Hoffman ever won anything at Hubbard with just Hubbard kids, though? Last coach to do that was Bayuk.

We'll see. Poland might not have the best overall record, but I'd be shocked if they don't have a winning record in the NE8. I think there's a good chance they lose to Marlington and Boardman. The 2 weeks after that are key for them. If they blow out Howland and beat South Range by 10+, then they haven't quit. If they drop their first 2 and the Howland game is close and they lose to South Range, then it's a clear sign that Williams lost the locker room.

Marlington - toss up... I'd pick Marlington

Boardman - loss

@ Howland - win

South Range - toss up, I'd pick Poland

@ Niles - win

@ Girard - win

Lakeview - win

@ Jefferson - win

@ Hubbard - toss up, right now I'd pick Poland... 5 weeks into the season, I might change my mind

Struthers - loss

I can see 5-5. I can also see 8-2. They'll probably be somewhere inbetween.

Did Bayuk win with Hubbard kids? As far back as I can remember the answer is no. He had a lot of Hubbard kids play but always had those key transfers. Nothing new for the Eagles.
Iíll take Poland at 4-6

Edit 5-5

Last edited by Spread All Day; 07-15-19 at 09:39 PM.
Old 07-15-19, 09:39 PM
All District

ComoCat is on a distinguished road
I think Struthers is too strong for everyone in this conference this year. We're going 10-0 I feel it. Stars are aligning.
Old 07-15-19, 09:49 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComoCat View Post
I think Struthers is too strong for everyone in this conference this year. We're going 10-0 I feel it. Stars are aligning.

Gonna be really hard to beat with the talent they have. New Philly early is going to be the barometer.

Old 07-15-19, 10:31 PM
All World

New philly will test the secondary for sure, we are going to need to develop Hawkins as a passer early tho. We will
Lose at least 1 we are supposed to win tho. Always happens
Old 07-15-19, 10:56 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spread All Day View Post
Did Bayuk win with Hubbard kids? As far back as I can remember the answer is no. He had a lot of Hubbard kids play but always had those key transfers. Nothing new for the Eagles.
I’ll take Poland at 4-6

Edit 5-5

When did Bayuk start at Hubbard? Early 90's? Hubbard didn't start pulling a lot of kids from Youngstown until the late 90's, right? I don't know how much Hubbard won under Bayuk prior to 1998, but the TAC 8 wasn't exactly the MAC or SVC... so I imagine they won their share of games back then.

You had Poland at 4-6 before the edit... curious who you had that 6th loss to. Marlington, Boardman, South Range, Hubbard, Struthers... and who?
Like I said before, I could absolutely see Poland at 5-5. I'd also have Poland at 5-5 if not for all Hubbard's inexperience and South Range's weak OOC schedule. Hubbard is basically all question marks on both sides of the ball. And Poland has a way tougher OOC schedule than SR to prepare them for the NE8. Those are the only games we disagree on I take it? I definitely see where you're coming from.

Last edited by BTrev; 07-15-19 at 11:13 PM.
Old 07-15-19, 11:11 PM
All American

Quote:
New philly will test the secondary for sure, we are going to need to develop Hawkins as a passer early tho. We will
Lose at least 1 we are supposed to win tho. Always happens
Hopefully the secondary makes it through camp and everything 100% healthy. Serrano will need to have a big game on defense against NP.
NP will definitely be a test. It's a good prove it game for Struthers.
Old 07-16-19, 01:24 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Hopefully the secondary makes it through camp and everything 100% healthy. Serrano will need to have a big game on defense against NP.

NP will definitely be a test. It's a good prove it game for Struthers.

Itís been a while for the cats to have a completely healthy secondary. Like 4 seasons lol

Old 07-17-19, 12:49 PM
All American

roberto21 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
When did Bayuk start at Hubbard? Early 90's? Hubbard didn't start pulling a lot of kids from Youngstown until the late 90's, right? I don't know how much Hubbard won under Bayuk prior to 1998, but the TAC 8 wasn't exactly the MAC or SVC... so I imagine they won their share of games back then.

You had Poland at 4-6 before the edit... curious who you had that 6th loss to. Marlington, Boardman, South Range, Hubbard, Struthers... and who?
Like I said before, I could absolutely see Poland at 5-5. I'd also have Poland at 5-5 if not for all Hubbard's inexperience and South Range's weak OOC schedule. Hubbard is basically all question marks on both sides of the ball. And Poland has a way tougher OOC schedule than SR to prepare them for the NE8. Those are the only games we disagree on I take it? I definitely see where you're coming from.
JEFF BAYUK at HUBBARD

1991 … 8-2 … Won TAC-8 (1st year of TAC-8)
1992 … 8-2
1993 … 3-7
1994 … 3-7
1995 … 6-4
1996 … 9-1 … Lost to undefeated Lakeview – no playoffs
1997 … 8-2
1998 … 4-6
Totals … 49-31 in eighth year

1998 was last losing season –
Hubbard had 18 consecutive winning seasons
after that.

Bayuk's last year was 2006 finishing 16 years with 121-47 record (4-6 in playoffs)
winning 6 conference titles.

1999 … 9-2 … Lost to Perry in 1st round (1st playoff game in history)
Old 07-17-19, 03:35 PM
All American

Turns out, Hubbard has more guys back than I thought. Pretty sure Harris hasn't gone anywhere either... unless you guys know something WKBN doesn't. Still a lot of question marks... just not nearly as many as I thought.

I was confused about Scheidegger. Didn't know if he was a Junior or a Senior last year. He'll help the OL a lot... but they still have to replace Jones, Shaffer, and Eusanio. Jones was a 3 year starter at center, and players like Shaffer don't come around too often.
Daniels was another 3 year starter. I'm sure Resatar is good... but Daniels production will be tough to duplicate. And they'll need receivers to step up. Thomas is a good deep threat, but he's on the smaller side.
They lose Daniels, Mosora, Morales, Tarver, Odom, Donlow, Slovesko, Eusanio, Jones, and Shaffer. Return Harris, Thomas, Scheidegger, Bednarik, Goodrick, Best.

They return way more on defense than I originally thought. I knew Bednarik and Best were back on the DL and the Jones Bros were gone. For some reason, I thought Goodrick only played offense last year. I thought Harris was the only LB they had back... forgot about Weiss. And Krisuk did a lot more than I thought. Still, Mosora is a generational talent at LB... nearly impossible to replace. And Resatar back at safety... and I figure pencil in Thomas at CB.
Defense loses Mosora, Slovesko, Tarver, the Jones Bros, Odom, Donlow, Thompson. Returns Goodrick, Bednarik, Best, Weiss, Krisuk, Harris, Resatar.

Hubbard's defense will be very strong. If the offensive skill guys step up around that OL, they'll have another solid year.

@ Alliance - toss up... I'd still pick Alliance
Howland - win
Shaw - win
@ Struthers - toss up... I'd pick Struthers
Jefferson - win
@ Lakeview - win
Girard - win
@ Niles - win
Poland - toss up
South Range - toss up... I'd pick Hubbard

So Hubbard should win at least 6 games... I'm thinking 7-3, 8-2. Something like that.
Old 07-17-19, 07:53 PM
All District

Alliance1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:

Oh boy, not quite sure where to begin but I’ll try to keep this as civilized as possible.

Alliance has been D3 for over a decade and a large group of freshman and sophomores plus competitive balance has bumped us to D2 this year. We are the smallest D2 school in the state of Ohio. This game was scheduled last year when we were both D3. Just like every school in NE Ohio, most schools have large classes and small classes with the trend going downward since most of the factory jobs are no longer in town. We have a rare spike and I’d be willing to bet that Alliance will become D4 in the next 10 years.

Alliance did get their teeth knocked in by a full strength Hubbard and Canfield teams and lost a tough one to Poland last year. We were very young and green at the start of the year and every week we got better and better. Playing our non league schedule helped us tremendously with our league playing the competition we did.

Coach whiting and his staff have a ton respect for Valley football and it shows with alliance’s scheduling. We were once in a league with Louisville and and are playing them in 2020 so we will be playing one of your “good” teams in stark county. Btw who won the most recent matchup? Who does Alliance have a preseason schedule with? Hoover and Jackson who are in the federal league.

So idk what you’re issue is with alliance and scheduling a 4-6 team D3 team that the two schools have quite a bit of history together that a lot of old timers are excited about seeing play again? You know the days that you were mocking about 1960’s and the All-American Conference when Niles and Alliance were in a league with Steubenville, McKinley, Harding, and Massillon.

So before you reply, I can’t remember the last time Niles was relevant in football. So before you attack a program why don’t you look in the mirror, all I’ve seen is a dumpster fire the past 5-6 years with coaches being fired. Hopefully your new coach will turn it around.