Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #361  
Old 08-24-17, 07:34 AM
THESHADOW14 THESHADOW14 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 08-31-09
Posts: 3,863
THESHADOW14 is on a distinguished road
Pups win by at least 3 TD Saturday - count it!

(can somebody please save this post just in case I am wrong)
Reply With Quote
  #362  
Old 08-24-17, 09:14 AM
garydaddy1 garydaddy1 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 08-30-10
Location: Davenport, Florida
Posts: 2,537
garydaddy1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by my2sense View Post
what game this week will be the biggest draw to non-partial fans just wanting to see a good game?
hoban - iggy
glenoak - whitmer
pups - warren harding
Reply With Quote
  #363  
Old 08-24-17, 10:06 AM
Egret Egret is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 11-08-09
Posts: 4,427
Egret has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by garydaddy1 View Post
hoban - iggy
glenoak - whitmer
pups - warren harding
Yeah those are all good picks. If i were there I would be going to McKinley/Warren. And not because of the stadium either.
Reply With Quote
  #364  
Old 08-24-17, 10:26 AM
BIG ED BIG ED is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 05-26-01
Location: Perry Twp.(Massillon, Oh.
Posts: 4,593
BIG ED is on a distinguished road
Mr. Slippery, my Dad graduated from McKinley in 1938, he told me he attended McKinley games at Lehman's field.
Reply With Quote
  #365  
Old 08-24-17, 10:49 AM
THESHADOW14 THESHADOW14 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 08-31-09
Posts: 3,863
THESHADOW14 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG ED View Post
Mr. Slippery, my Dad graduated from McKinley in 1938, he told me he attended McKinley games at Lehman's field.
Wait... what?... if he played... then Get Jerry Springer on the phone...
Reply With Quote
  #366  
Old 08-24-17, 10:55 AM
BIG ED BIG ED is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 05-26-01
Location: Perry Twp.(Massillon, Oh.
Posts: 4,593
BIG ED is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by THESHADOW14 View Post
Wait... what?... if he played... then Get Jerry Springer on the phone...
Not sure what your getting at. My late father didn't play football.
Reply With Quote
  #367  
Old 08-24-17, 11:29 AM
Mr. Slippery's Avatar
Mr. Slippery Mr. Slippery is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 02-05-07
Location: Slippery Rock
Posts: 18,915
Mr. Slippery is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG ED View Post
Mr. Slippery, my Dad graduated from McKinley in 1938, he told me he attended McKinley games at Lehman's field.
That'll do.
Reply With Quote
  #368  
Old 08-24-17, 11:41 AM
THESHADOW14 THESHADOW14 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 08-31-09
Posts: 3,863
THESHADOW14 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG ED View Post
Not sure what your getting at. My late father didn't play football.
My past uncle did play and I couldn't believe another poster would have their dad/relative play for 1937 (1938 class) McK Pups too!

Thought you might be a cousin... all just kiddin and fun... didn't mean to offend you in any way...
Reply With Quote
  #369  
Old 08-24-17, 03:45 PM
THESHADOW14 THESHADOW14 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 08-31-09
Posts: 3,863
THESHADOW14 is on a distinguished road
Anyways... back to modern day....
Reply With Quote
  #370  
Old 08-24-17, 04:56 PM
BIG ED BIG ED is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 05-26-01
Location: Perry Twp.(Massillon, Oh.
Posts: 4,593
BIG ED is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by THESHADOW14 View Post
My past uncle did play and I couldn't believe another poster would have their dad/relative play for 1937 (1938 class) McK Pups too!

Thought you might be a cousin... all just kiddin and fun... didn't mean to offend you in any way...
Understand, just was a little confused with your post. It's all good.
Reply With Quote
  #371  
Old 08-24-17, 09:12 PM
jackson03 jackson03 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 09-03-13
Posts: 1,839
jackson03 is on a distinguished road
My lines for selected teams tomorrow/Saturday:

Lyndhurst Brush (+5.5) at North Canton Hoover (-5.5)
Mentor (-20.5) at Massillon Washington (+20.5)
Toledo Whitmer (-13.5) at Canton GlenOak (+13.5)
Warren G. Harding (+14.5) at Canton McKinley (-14.5)
Akron East (+9.5) at Massillon Jackson (-9.5)
Massillon Perry (-3.5) at Vandalia Butler (+3.5)

For those unfamiliar, minus (-) means the favorite. Specified in half-points so there aren't any ties. Example: Butler loses to Perry by a field goal. Butler is the "winner" when considering the line. Perry must win by 4 points or more to cover the spread.

What do you think?
Reply With Quote
  #372  
Old 08-25-17, 07:24 AM
FacePunt FacePunt is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 01-12-16
Posts: 20
FacePunt is on a distinguished road
To the guy asking about the Alliance scrimmage.....I was there. Whiting pulled his starters early and made a lot of rotations.

Top against the top Hoover could not compete with Alliance.
Reply With Quote
  #373  
Old 08-25-17, 07:53 AM
THESHADOW14 THESHADOW14 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 08-31-09
Posts: 3,863
THESHADOW14 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackson03 View Post
My lines for selected teams tomorrow/Saturday:

Lyndhurst Brush (+5.5) at North Canton Hoover (-5.5)
Mentor (-20.5) at Massillon Washington (+20.5)
Toledo Whitmer (-13.5) at Canton GlenOak (+13.5)
Warren G. Harding (+14.5) at Canton McKinley (-14.5)
Akron East (+9.5) at Massillon Jackson (-9.5)
Massillon Perry (-3.5) at Vandalia Butler (+3.5)

For those unfamiliar, minus (-) means the favorite. Specified in half-points so there aren't any ties. Example: Butler loses to Perry by a field goal. Butler is the "winner" when considering the line. Perry must win by 4 points or more to cover the spread.

What do you think?
I think that is great... I agree completely!... now that is bringing a new value to the thread!
Reply With Quote
  #374  
Old 08-25-17, 07:55 AM
THESHADOW14 THESHADOW14 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 08-31-09
Posts: 3,863
THESHADOW14 is on a distinguished road
And by the way... us Catholics don't believe in gambling
Reply With Quote
  #375  
Old 08-25-17, 08:15 AM
kingdaddy kingdaddy is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 10-12-08
Location: North Camelot
Posts: 4,070
kingdaddy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by THESHADOW14 View Post
And by the way... us Catholics don't believe in gambling
I just spit my coffee all over the screen on this one!
Reply With Quote
  #376  
Old 08-25-17, 08:27 AM
The Butler's Avatar
The Butler The Butler is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 11-02-02
Location: Perry Twp., Stark Co.
Posts: 8,742
The Butler is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by THESHADOW14 View Post
And by the way... us Catholics don't believe in gambling
Entertainment purposes only, please no wagering.
Reply With Quote
  #377  
Old 08-25-17, 08:43 AM
Spize Spize is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 04-15-07
Posts: 4,393
Spize is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Butler View Post
Entertainment purposes only, please no wagering.
Especially not on Monte Carlo night, Bingo night, or a night at the races.
Reply With Quote
  #378  
Old 08-25-17, 09:08 AM
THESHADOW14 THESHADOW14 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 08-31-09
Posts: 3,863
THESHADOW14 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingdaddy View Post
I just spit my coffee all over the screen on this one!
Hahaaaa..... .... pending Permission from our Rome headquarters naturally!
Reply With Quote
  #379  
Old 08-25-17, 09:46 AM
McK93 McK93 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 01-28-06
Location: Heaven
Posts: 9,643
McK93 is on a distinguished road
Good luck to all the players, cheerleaders and band members on a great season, stay healthy! As for the fans, let's keep it in perspective this season for a change.
Reply With Quote
  #380  
Old 08-25-17, 10:17 AM
y2h y2h is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 08-18-01
Location: Mr. H-O-O-V-E-R!!!!
Posts: 13,219
y2h is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by FacePunt View Post
To the guy asking about the Alliance scrimmage.....I was there. Whiting pulled his starters early and made a lot of rotations.

Top against the top Hoover could not compete with Alliance.
Reply With Quote
  #381  
Old 08-25-17, 11:14 AM
FacePunt FacePunt is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 01-12-16
Posts: 20
FacePunt is on a distinguished road
Its a good thing your "mouth" is wide open so your foot will fit in it.....

Hoover did not sub. Alliance got beat yes...but it was Hoover's first team barely beating Alliance's second and third team guys.

In a game situation where Whiting was calling to win...Hoover could not hang
Reply With Quote
  #382  
Old 08-25-17, 12:11 PM
y2h y2h is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 08-18-01
Location: Mr. H-O-O-V-E-R!!!!
Posts: 13,219
y2h is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by FacePunt View Post
Its a good thing your "mouth" is wide open so your foot will fit in it.....

Hoover did not sub. Alliance got beat yes...but it was Hoover's first team barely beating Alliance's second and third team guys.

In a game situation where Whiting was calling to win...Hoover could not hang
It amuses me how much stock people put in scrimmages.
Reply With Quote
  #383  
Old 08-25-17, 02:46 PM
The Butler's Avatar
The Butler The Butler is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 11-02-02
Location: Perry Twp., Stark Co.
Posts: 8,742
The Butler is on a distinguished road
Alliance HC Seth Whiting will not be on the sidelines for the Aviators tonight for their game against St. Thomas. Suspended for "unprofessional conduct".
Reply With Quote
  #384  
Old 08-25-17, 09:12 PM
jackson03 jackson03 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 09-03-13
Posts: 1,839
jackson03 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackson03 View Post
Lyndhurst Brush (+5.5) at North Canton Hoover (-5.5)
Mentor (-20.5) at Massillon Washington (+20.5)
Toledo Whitmer (-13.5) at Canton GlenOak (+13.5)
Warren G. Harding (+14.5) at Canton McKinley (-14.5)
Akron East (+9.5) at Massillon Jackson (-9.5)
Massillon Perry (-3.5) at Vandalia Butler (+3.5)
Hoover and Perry beat the spread by 25.5 and 31.5 points, respectively. Vegas will not be asking for my services anytime soon. Could the Vikings be for real? Mentor knocks off Massillon by 5 TDs and exceeds the spread by 14.5. No surprise there.

I was spot on the other two -- Jackson wins a wild one at Fife, but the Dragons fall inside the margin by 2.5. Whitmer's 14 point victory comes as close as you can get, just a half point for the favorite. Should have allowed ties for gloating purposes.
Reply With Quote
  #385  
Old 08-26-17, 08:40 AM
THESHADOW14 THESHADOW14 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 08-31-09
Posts: 3,863
THESHADOW14 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackson03 View Post
Hoover and Perry beat the spread by 25.5 and 31.5 points, respectively. Vegas will not be asking for my services anytime soon. Could the Vikings be for real? Mentor knocks off Massillon by 5 TDs and exceeds the spread by 14.5. No surprise there.

I was spot on the other two -- Jackson wins a wild one at Fife, but the Dragons fall inside the margin by 2.5. Whitmer's 14 point victory comes as close as you can get, just a half point for the favorite. Should have allowed ties for gloating purposes.
Love the effort....

So... Panthers roll... New Philly rolls... Jackson wins... Crusaders lost to good traditional team away... oh boy this is going to get real fun real soon... Like next Friday.

Massillon got blasted like I said and watch Pups roll tonight.

Will have to look at other scores of interest... but did hear Hoover rolled
Reply With Quote
  #386  
Old 08-26-17, 10:32 AM
my2sense my2sense is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 10-23-16
Posts: 2,019
my2sense is on a distinguished road
Hoover's opponent was terrible.
Nice win for Jax.
Alliance is very talented. Alliance v Louisville for the NBC crown?
Massillon outhustled, outhit, outplayed and outcoached. Mentor took the foot off the gas in the hopes of continuing the series next year.
Looking forward to tonight's match up in the best HS stadium around. Pups and Warren should be a good first test for both.
Reply With Quote
  #387  
Old 08-26-17, 12:42 PM
SteelersFan SteelersFan is offline
Cooling Off
 
Join Date: 08-26-17
Posts: 25
SteelersFan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by my2sense View Post
Hoover's opponent was terrible.
Nice win for Jax.
Alliance is very talented. Alliance v Louisville for the NBC crown?
Massillon outhustled, outhit, outplayed and outcoached. Mentor took the foot off the gas in the hopes of continuing the series next year.
Looking forward to tonight's match up in the best HS stadium around. Pups and Warren should be a good first test for both.
In other words, even with the mercy clock running it could have been 70-14 or worse.?
Reply With Quote
  #388  
Old 08-26-17, 08:13 PM
THESHADOW14 THESHADOW14 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 08-31-09
Posts: 3,863
THESHADOW14 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by THESHADOW14 View Post
Games of Interest...

Perry going to Vandalia - long ride for young team... but skilled positions at Perry prevail
Mentor at Massillon - nope!... gets ugly real quick for home team
Toledo Whitmer at GlenOak - will find out real quick what GlenOak has
Warren at Pups - I say blowout!
Hmm... close?
Reply With Quote
  #389  
Old 08-26-17, 08:13 PM
BigBulldog's Avatar
BigBulldog BigBulldog is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 03-26-02
Posts: 8,320
BigBulldog is an unknown quantity at this point
Brian was wrong again.He said McKinley would start the season 0-3.
Reply With Quote
  #390  
Old 08-26-17, 10:09 PM
Egret Egret is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 11-08-09
Posts: 4,427
Egret has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBulldog View Post
Brian was wrong again.He said McKinley would start the season 0-3.
Brian wrong? I'm shocked.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Summit County 2017 Yappi Football 216 10-25-17 09:40 PM
2017 Summit County Viking Memorial Pick 'em clarkgriswold Football 9 08-05-17 02:36 PM
Stark County Terriers 16U & 18U Tryouts for 2018! StarkCountyTerriers Baseball 0 07-18-17 10:06 AM
Best Stark County team to not win state title Ohhighschoolfb Football 74 07-14-17 03:41 PM
Amherstís Moore, Elyria Catholicís Abrahamowicz named 2017 Lorain County Mr. Baseball Yappi Baseball 0 05-28-17 03:02 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:55 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz