Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08-07-17, 04:37 PM
THESHADOW14 THESHADOW14 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 08-31-09
Posts: 3,542
THESHADOW14 is on a distinguished road
Stark County Banter 2017

Well... I thought I would start us off for new year...

So... Who are top teams this year going to be?

I would have to think Jackson is got to be one with returning Star QB.... others...
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 08-07-17, 04:40 PM
THESHADOW14 THESHADOW14 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 08-31-09
Posts: 3,542
THESHADOW14 is on a distinguished road
And by the way... wait till my Fed League teams get to play at Benson Stadium!

Wow those kids are lucky!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-07-17, 06:33 PM
LeopardNation LeopardNation is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 03-30-11
Posts: 3,599
LeopardNation is on a distinguished road
Here's the Leopards 2017 Roster, hoping for one last NBC title!

Louisville Leopards Varsity Football Roster 2017

Intersquad Scrimmage Highlights:

Louisville Leopards Intersquad Scrimmage Video Highlights and Recap
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-07-17, 08:22 PM
THESHADOW14 THESHADOW14 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 08-31-09
Posts: 3,542
THESHADOW14 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeopardNation View Post
Here's the Leopards 2017 Roster, hoping for one last NBC title!

Louisville Leopards Varsity Football Roster 2017

Intersquad Scrimmage Highlights:

Louisville Leopards Intersquad Scrimmage Video Highlights and Recap
290, 280, 270, 260 lbs... whew... you been feeding them boys....

Louisville tradition lives... nice stadium too!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-08-17, 07:45 AM
THESHADOW14 THESHADOW14 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 08-31-09
Posts: 3,542
THESHADOW14 is on a distinguished road
Perry has had some outstanding seasons of late... but I am surprised that Panthers only return 1 OL starter this year... Perry Lines are always smash mouth and I am sure there are some head bangers just waiting for their chance.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-08-17, 09:27 PM
The Butler's Avatar
The Butler The Butler is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 11-02-02
Location: Perry Twp., Stark Co.
Posts: 8,495
The Butler is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by THESHADOW14 View Post
Perry has had some outstanding seasons of late... but I am surprised that Panthers only return 1 OL starter this year... Perry Lines are always smash mouth and I am sure there are some head bangers just waiting for their chance.
Wake will coach 'em up.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 08-08-17, 11:59 AM
88streaks 88streaks is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 11-24-10
Location: The Trenches
Posts: 1,493
88streaks is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by THESHADOW14 View Post
Well... I thought I would start us off for new year...

So... Who are top teams this year going to be?

I would have to think Jackson is got to be one with returning Star QB.... others...
Glad you started this up! Ready for some football brother!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 08-08-17, 01:56 PM
THESHADOW14 THESHADOW14 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 08-31-09
Posts: 3,542
THESHADOW14 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 88streaks View Post
Glad you started this up! Ready for some football brother!
thanks bro - this is our time of year! - promoting Kids that are special and willing to give their Hearts on the field for their school.. Play Ball!
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 08-08-17, 12:48 PM
Eagle_62's Avatar
Eagle_62 Eagle_62 is offline
Building Tradition
 
Join Date: 04-05-11
Posts: 2,635
Eagle_62 is on a distinguished road
I was wondering if anyone has mentioned the health and whereabouts of Oil filter .
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 08-10-17, 10:56 AM
Cali_Eagle Cali_Eagle is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 09-29-16
Posts: 429
Cali_Eagle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle_62 View Post
I was wondering if anyone has mentioned the health and whereabouts of Oil Filter.
I have asked this question on 2 or 3 different threads since his abrupt disappearance and have never got what seemed like a well informed reply.

He had sooooo many posts that I don't believe he just up and left the forum. I have no definitive or genuine knowledge at all on his whereabouts.,but I do fear the worst, that he has simply passed away and no one here knew him well enough to note it.

If someone DOES have "definitive or genuine knowledge" of what happened to him, it would be Great if they would share it. He was a Great poster here and is missed.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 08-10-17, 11:11 AM
Eagle_62's Avatar
Eagle_62 Eagle_62 is offline
Building Tradition
 
Join Date: 04-05-11
Posts: 2,635
Eagle_62 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali_Eagle View Post
I have asked this question on 2 or 3 different threads since his abrupt disappearance and have never got what seemed like a well informed reply.

He had sooooo many posts that I don't believe he just up and left the forum. I have no definitive or genuine knowledge at all on his whereabouts.,but I do fear the worst, that he has simply passed away and no one here knew him well enough to note it.

If someone DOES have "definitive or genuine knowledge" of what happened to him, it would be Great if they would share it. He was a Great poster here and is missed.
Thanks Cali_Eagle, I was thinking the same, that would be a shame. Although this is just an anonymous forum you sometimes feel as you know who you're talking to and you at the least would like to give them a nice yappi send off. I think that Egret has mentioned him so maybe he can help.

Last edited by Eagle_62; 08-10-17 at 11:25 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 08-10-17, 03:44 PM
THESHADOW14 THESHADOW14 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 08-31-09
Posts: 3,542
THESHADOW14 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle_62 View Post
Thanks Cali_Eagle, I was thinking the same, that would be a shame. Although this is just an anonymous forum you sometimes feel as you know who you're talking to and you at the least would like to give them a nice yappi send off. I think that Egret has mentioned him so maybe he can help.
Obviously Oil Can is missed... he provided some great Banter over the years - hope he/she is well and just switched to another yappi name (like others over the years)
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 08-10-17, 03:47 PM
Summa Summa is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 03-30-08
Posts: 1,843
Summa is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by THESHADOW14 View Post
Obviously Oil Can is missed... he provided some great Banter over the years - hope he/she is well and just switched to another yappi name (like others over the years)
He was a unique poster. I think it would be fairly obvious if he just switched over to a new username. Hopefully he is well, but he has not posted on Yappi under any name in a long time now.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 08-08-17, 01:41 PM
jackson03 jackson03 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 09-03-13
Posts: 1,729
jackson03 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by THESHADOW14 View Post
Well... I thought I would start us off for new year...

So... Who are top teams this year going to be?

I would have to think Jackson is got to be one with returning Star QB.... others...
If Jackson can fill the skill positions, watch out. Same for Perry.

But the Polar Bears remain vexed when it comes to McKinley, who is my preseason favorite until Jackson can break the curse...

2016: Jax turned the ball over five times, still had a 14-12 lead at the half. Lost 19-14.
2015: failed to get to OT after McKinley makes a goal line stand. The Bears got 4 cracks at it from the 1. Lost 34-27.
2014: lost 36-24 to a 3-7 McKinley team.
2013: jumped out to a 21-0 lead, allowed McKinley to come storming back, lost 53-45.
2012: lead 15-10 (or 15-12? something like that) at the start of the 4th quarter, then the dam broke and the wheels came off, among other awful idioms. The Bears give up 30 points in the final quarter and lose 40-15.
2011: another close one, don't recall the specifics. But Jackson loses by a TD, 22-14.

So my thoughts are, McKinley in the top tier, then Jackson/Perry in tier 2, then Central/Massillon/Hoover/GlenOak/Louisville nipping at the heels of the other three? This will likely end up being very wrong later on.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 08-08-17, 01:51 PM
THESHADOW14 THESHADOW14 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 08-31-09
Posts: 3,542
THESHADOW14 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackson03 View Post
If Jackson can fill the skill positions, watch out. Same for Perry.

But the Polar Bears remain vexed when it comes to McKinley, who is my preseason favorite until Jackson can break the curse...

2016: Jax turned the ball over five times, still had a 14-12 lead at the half. Lost 19-14.
2015: failed to get to OT after McKinley makes a goal line stand. The Bears got 4 cracks at it from the 1. Lost 34-27.
2014: lost 36-24 to a 3-7 McKinley team.
2013: jumped out to a 21-0 lead, allowed McKinley to come storming back, lost 53-45.
2012: lead 15-10 (or 15-12? something like that) at the start of the 4th quarter, then the dam broke and the wheels came off, among other awful idioms. The Bears give up 30 points in the final quarter and lose 40-15.
2011: another close one, don't recall the specifics. But Jackson loses by a TD, 22-14.

So my thoughts are, McKinley in the top tier, then Jackson/Perry in tier 2, then Central/Massillon/Hoover/GlenOak/Louisville nipping at the heels of the other three? This will likely end up being very wrong later on.

Great Research - great points

GUYS from what I witnessed at Mck New Stadium, I don't know who is going to beat them at HOF field?..... My Gosh, those Canton Boys get an unbelievable place to play HS football - How can you not get Pumped when you know you are playing at HOF field??

Now, I just read article, and Crusaders are returning 3 starting OL from State Champ team - that means trouble for anybody playing Crusaders this year - no predictions, but we all know Experience on any HS OL is huge!

Now I don't know what Tigers and Eagles and others have coming back but I am sure they are going to be relevant... Still think Jackson is going to be team to beat in Fed with their HUGE line.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 08-08-17, 02:24 PM
Mackinbiner Mackinbiner is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-26-03
Posts: 5,795
Mackinbiner is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by THESHADOW14 View Post
Great Research - great points

GUYS from what I witnessed at Mck New Stadium, I don't know who is going to beat them at HOF field?..... My Gosh, those Canton Boys get an unbelievable place to play HS football - How can you not get Pumped when you know you are playing at HOF field??

Now, I just read article, and Crusaders are returning 3 starting OL from State Champ team - that means trouble for anybody playing Crusaders this year - no predictions, but we all know Experience on any HS OL is huge!

Now I don't know what Tigers and Eagles and others have coming back but I am sure they are going to be relevant... Still think Jackson is going to be team to beat in Fed with their HUGE line.
Being unbeatable because you play in a nice stadium? Now THAT'S a good one!
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 08-08-17, 03:56 PM
Eagle_62's Avatar
Eagle_62 Eagle_62 is offline
Building Tradition
 
Join Date: 04-05-11
Posts: 2,635
Eagle_62 is on a distinguished road
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by THESHADOW14 View Post
Great Research - great points

GUYS from what I witnessed at Mck New Stadium, I don't know who is going to beat them at HOF field?..... My Gosh, those Canton Boys get an unbelievable place to play HS football - How can you not get Pumped when you know you are playing at HOF field??

Now, I just read article, and Crusaders are returning 3 starting OL from State Champ team - that means trouble for anybody playing Crusaders this year - no predictions, but we all know Experience on any HS OL is huge!

Now I don't know what Tigers and Eagles and others have coming back but I am sure they are going to be relevant... Still think Jackson is going to be team to beat in Fed with their HUGE line.
The Browns have a nice stadium
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 08-08-17, 04:16 PM
Mr. Slippery's Avatar
Mr. Slippery Mr. Slippery is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 02-05-07
Location: Slippery Rock
Posts: 18,228
Mr. Slippery is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle_62 View Post
The Browns have a nice stadium
Yeah, but they haven't had a football team in 20+ years.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 08-08-17, 01:54 PM
THESHADOW14 THESHADOW14 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 08-31-09
Posts: 3,542
THESHADOW14 is on a distinguished road
Also what a scrimmage coming up - Lake vs Louisville!

Wow that is like a super match up for a scrimmage???

What does Lake and Louisville (big line from what I read) have this year? - love both those traditions too!
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 08-09-17, 06:31 AM
Lynus24 Lynus24 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 08-22-10
Posts: 1,005
Lynus24 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by THESHADOW14 View Post
Also what a scrimmage coming up - Lake vs Louisville!

Wow that is like a super match up for a scrimmage???

What does Lake and Louisville (big line from what I read) have this year? - love both those traditions too!
Louisville very young but tons of talent at the skill positions. O line is a question as is who they go to at QB. If we can get the ball to those skill kids we'll be alright.
My buddy from Lake says they'll be thin this year. (Probably sandbagging)
We'll get a taste Saturday morning
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 08-09-17, 07:20 AM
THESHADOW14 THESHADOW14 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 08-31-09
Posts: 3,542
THESHADOW14 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynus24 View Post
Louisville very young but tons of talent at the skill positions. O line is a question as is who they go to at QB. If we can get the ball to those skill kids we'll be alright.
My buddy from Lake says they'll be thin this year. (Probably sandbagging)
We'll get a taste Saturday morning
haha - yep every year Lake is thin just like my Crusaders... they both come to play every game!

Louisville - now if you have skill positions talent then look out - OL only needs to hold a block for like a second because the ball is out of the QB hands before you can even react up front.

Back to Panthers Butler - absolutely Wake will coach them up - Wakefield one of top coaches in Stark County History.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 08-08-17, 07:22 PM
THESHADOW14 THESHADOW14 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 08-31-09
Posts: 3,542
THESHADOW14 is on a distinguished road
Watch level of McKinley play get better... that Stadium will get more kids that want to play at the Best HS Stadium in the Country... watch

No answer for Browns except I got a new Browns winter jacket for Christmas... yes... I will wear it with Pride!... Go Browns!
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 08-08-17, 07:57 PM
SLAGuy SLAGuy is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 01-11-17
Posts: 567
SLAGuy is on a distinguished road
Do you think a new stadium will matter that much? It seems like it might matter in a district with two or more high schools and the one with the better facilities would benefit.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 08-08-17, 08:05 PM
THESHADOW14 THESHADOW14 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 08-31-09
Posts: 3,542
THESHADOW14 is on a distinguished road
I am not Kreskin.... but I think more kids will want to he part of Pups team in my opinion... to have opportunity to play at new Stadium... which is unbelievable for HS.... in my opinion
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 08-09-17, 08:01 PM
y2h y2h is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 08-18-01
Location: Mr. H-O-O-V-E-R!!!!
Posts: 12,438
y2h is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by THESHADOW14 View Post
I am not Kreskin.... but I think more kids will want to he part of Pups team in my opinion... to have opportunity to play at new Stadium... which is unbelievable for HS.... in my opinion
They already played in an unbelievable stadium for high school...people act like they were playing in a field somewhere.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 08-09-17, 09:06 PM
THESHADOW14 THESHADOW14 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 08-31-09
Posts: 3,542
THESHADOW14 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2h View Post
They already played in an unbelievable stadium for high school...people act like they were playing in a field somewhere.

Oh well I tried... so let's all agree the Stadium is a nice place to play football... moving on...
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 08-10-17, 06:41 AM
Lefthook37 Lefthook37 is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 08-14-16
Posts: 55
Lefthook37 is on a distinguished road
I was there at the new House McKinley from what I saw will be a team to deal with MUCH improved passing and Catching...total big step up from last year...it showed why they finished runner up in the USA 7 on 7 against 18 teams .....Ed's was huge but McKinley seamed to wear them down two TD's called back one on holding an a pick 6 that they blew dead...Ed's had a pass interference called on them would have put the ball at the 15 but they didn't walk it off....it finished 5-1 McKinley freshmen an JV teams ran them off the field as well....know its the first but you only get better with more reps.....be a good test Saturday with Stow....but that house is some thing else need to be there to take it all in
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 08-10-17, 07:21 AM
THESHADOW14 THESHADOW14 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 08-31-09
Posts: 3,542
THESHADOW14 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefthook37 View Post
I was there at the new House McKinley from what I saw will be a team to deal with MUCH improved passing and Catching...total big step up from last year...it showed why they finished runner up in the USA 7 on 7 against 18 teams .....Ed's was huge but McKinley seamed to wear them down two TD's called back one on holding an a pick 6 that they blew dead...Ed's had a pass interference called on them would have put the ball at the 15 but they didn't walk it off....it finished 5-1 McKinley freshmen an JV teams ran them off the field as well....know its the first but you only get better with more reps.....be a good test Saturday with Stow....but that house is some thing else need to be there to take it all in
good update - if they beat ST Ed 5-1 in scrimmage..... well..... look out for Pups!....

For the record - St Ed don't lie down in scrimmages - I tell you, Pups are for real and going to be for now on...

cant wait for scrimmages this weekend - Jackson scrimmage will tell a lot - this is just my opinion
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 09-09-17, 01:18 AM
LeopardNation LeopardNation is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 03-30-11
Posts: 3,599
LeopardNation is on a distinguished road
Austintown Fitch 42, Louisville 21

Louisville Leopards at Austintown Fitch Falcons Football Video Highlights
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 08-08-17, 08:37 PM
BIG ED BIG ED is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 05-26-01
Location: Perry Twp.(Massillon, Oh.
Posts: 4,370
BIG ED is on a distinguished road
Shadow, I don't share your opinion about their stadium. There are other factors in Canton that have led to many leaving.

The Panthers have a couple very talented sophomore linemen that probably will rival Gregorie and Carrick before they are through.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Summit County 2017 Yappi Football 216 10-25-17 09:40 PM
2017 Summit County Viking Memorial Pick 'em clarkgriswold Football 9 08-05-17 02:36 PM
Stark County Terriers 16U & 18U Tryouts for 2018! StarkCountyTerriers Baseball 0 07-18-17 10:06 AM
Best Stark County team to not win state title Ohhighschoolfb Football 74 07-14-17 03:41 PM
Amherstís Moore, Elyria Catholicís Abrahamowicz named 2017 Lorain County Mr. Baseball Yappi Baseball 0 05-28-17 03:02 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:32 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz