Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > Debate Forum

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 10-11-17, 08:36 AM
All Yappi

SWMCinci is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider6309 View Post
Yep, you can be stupid like her or the NFL players until it hurts the brands bottom line. Thank god for capitalism
I said a few weeks back that the No Fun League would allow this to go until the bottom line is affected and it's been getting worse.

It was predictable as all get-out - the league wouldn't let the Cowboys commemorate the murdered police officers because it might offend BLM or the black community and the black players. Offending the police and the military is a calculated gamble because it kept the players and media happy...... but now it's going to cost a couple of hundred million bucks at broadcast negotiations - it's serious.
Old 10-11-17, 08:44 AM
All Yappi

cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco MacArthur View Post
No.

That isn't what he was doing.

He looked into the camera anytime it was on him when he was kneeling. Before that he sought out a cameraman to make sure there was a camera on him kneeling.
Anyone doing pretty much anything that deviates from their normal pregame activities is likely doing it for attention. This all began with Kaep wanting attention
Old 10-11-17, 08:52 AM
All American

Taco MacArthur has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabezadecaballo View Post
Anyone doing pretty much anything that deviates from their normal pregame activities is likely doing it for attention. This all began with Kaep wanting attention
There's a difference between doing something to bring attention/awareness and what Jerry did. While I don't agree with Kaep and his stance, there's a stark difference between their intentions.
Old 10-11-17, 08:53 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
There's a difference between doing something to bring attention/awareness and what Jerry did. While I don't agree with Kaep and his stance, there's a stark difference between their intentions.
Not really, not if you are looking at the bigger picture and what they are truly likely to accomplish through their actions.
Old 10-11-17, 09:11 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWMCinci View Post
Not really, not if you are looking at the bigger picture and what they are truly likely to accomplish through their actions.
What social reform is Jerry bringing attention to by seeking out the cameraman to make sure the spotlight is on Jerry? Kaep has had the entire country talking about his attempt at social reform (again, I don't agree with it) for over a year now. It's night and day different.
Old 10-11-17, 09:18 AM
All American

chs1971 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Kaep has had the entire country talking about his attempt at social reform (again, I don't agree with it) for over a year now.
The entire country? Hardly. There are people who have no idea who he is.

What "social reform" is he attempting? More kneeling? That's the only thing that has changed.
Old 10-11-17, 09:27 AM
All Yappi

TylerDurden is on a distinguished road
Not sure if this has been posted, but thought it was interesting.

Old 10-11-17, 09:49 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by chs1971 View Post

What "social reform" is he attempting? More kneeling? That's the only thing that has changed.
Yeah, the entire country. There are people who don't know who Lady Gaga is, doesn't mean the entire country wasn't talking about her when she was the super bowl half time act. There are people who don't know who LeBron is. Same can be said for any celebrity/professional athlete/actor. Doesn't change the fact the entire country is talking about them.

I dunno why you're acting like you don't know. You've viewed Yappi debate forum enough, you know exactly what the issue is.
Old 10-11-17, 09:51 AM
All American

14Red is on a distinguished road
The issue is there is so many people - mostly poor people - who just despise anyone who is successful and makes alot of money. At it's core it's simple jealousy. Now you may not like Jerry Jones as a person, but no one can deny he's a great businessman. He's earned his money and he's earned the ability to own the Dallas Cowboys. He's the President/ CEO/ head honcho. If he want's his employees to stand for the anthem, he has every right and ability to have his employees do that.

Our country's president knows that the american people stand behind the flag. I don't think Kaepernik or the NFL players who kneel really understand how this is a non-negotiable issue. The NFL is hurting now. Ratings, interest, etc. Think of it this way, the NFL players need a course on customer service just at a waiter or waitress does in any restaurant you go into. They don't have customers (fans) they don't get paychecks.
Old 10-11-17, 10:46 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
What social reform is Jerry bringing attention to by seeking out the cameraman to make sure the spotlight is on Jerry? Kaep has had the entire country talking about his attempt at social reform (again, I don't agree with it) for over a year now. It's night and day different.
Kaep isn't bringing attention to "social reform", in over a year I've NEVER discussed "social reform" when it comes to NFL players sitting or kneeling. It's the wrong tactic and the reasons of the effort are flawed.

In fact I can't say that even people that agree with Kaep have been discussing "social reform" - over most of the last 10 months they have been talking about him being black-balled over his actions (but very little about the supposed thinking behind those actions). In fact, in most of the interviews of the idiots kneeling they aren't really talking about the "cause" it's more about their freedom of speech. They are now just drawing attention to themselves as "supporters" vs speaking out against the, now largely debunked "evidence" of police brutality against blacks and the reasons for black crime.

Now that various newspapers have looked at the source of this "frustration" and found it to be largely made up, they have had to change their goals. NFL players aren't making a difference.

Jerry is trying to manage his business, he needs to draw attention to himself to show, with the growing backlash of the fans, that he understands their ire.

Not really night and day.
Old 10-11-17, 11:11 AM
All American

He most certainly is. There are multiple threads and arguments on him and why he is kneeling on Yappi alone. Also, just because YOU personally aren't discussing social reform when it comes to NFL players kneeling doesn't mean others aren't. It's all over ESPN, Fox Sports, NBC, CNN, etc. Even if we weren't talking about it a year later, Kaepernick started this over this perceived injustice. He was the starter in San Fran. He had salary of $11 million last year. He didn't do this to bring attention to himself. He did it to bring attention to something he thinks is there. This all first blew up when a picture, taken by a fan in the stands, of him sitting on the bench during the anthem circulated the internet.

Jerry, on the other hand actively chased after a cameraman to make sure the camera stayed on him. And......did you just try and say that Jerry knelt, locked in arms with the players he employs, to show he understands the fans ire?
Old 10-11-17, 11:23 AM
All Yappi

y2h is on a distinguished road
Quote:
He most certainly is. There are multiple threads and arguments on him and why he is kneeling on Yappi alone. Also, just because YOU personally aren't discussing social reform when it comes to NFL players kneeling doesn't mean others aren't. It's all over ESPN, Fox Sports, NBC, CNN, etc. Even if we weren't talking about it a year later, Kaepernick started this over this perceived injustice. He was the starter in San Fran. He had salary of $11 million last year. He didn't do this to bring attention to himself. He did it to bring attention to something he thinks is there. This all first blew up when a picture, taken by a fan in the stands, of him sitting on the bench during the anthem circulated the internet.

Jerry, on the other hand actively chased after a cameraman to make sure the camera stayed on him. And......did you just try and say that Jerry knelt, locked in arms with the players he employs, to show he understands the fans ire?
i dont believe Kaepernick was the starter when the kneeling started. thats the only injustice he ever cared about.
Old 10-11-17, 12:02 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2h View Post
i dont believe Kaepernick was the starter when the kneeling started. thats the only injustice he ever cared about.
I stand corrected there. Thanks, y2h. Disagree about that though. I think he's incredibly off base but I do think he believes that injustice exists.
Old 10-11-17, 01:00 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
..... He was the starter in San Fran. He had salary of $11 million last year. He didn't do this to bring attention to himself....
Kaep wasn't a starter at the beginning of last year, his production and wins over the previous 2 seasons were on a downward spiral. The 49ers replaced him at least 3 times in 3 years as the starter. He was in the lower 3rd of QBs in the league as far as production. He was asked to restructure his contract and elected to try to put one together that would allow him to leave after the season. At the end of the season, which he was 1-10 and in the bottom 5 for QB performance, he opted out of his last year hoping to get picked up and paid more than SF was willing to pay.

If you're questioning if he's a good QB, SF is 0-5 and are starting Bryan Hoyer at QB who has never been an enthusiastic answer for the question "Who's your starting QB" for at least 7 teams since 2009.
Old 10-11-17, 01:11 PM
All American

Yeah, thanks for pointing out what was already pointed out. You're about an hour late. I'm not questioning if he's a good QB or not. He isn't.
Old 10-11-17, 06:57 PM
All Yappi

cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Glad to know that your insight into Jones' intentions is so deep. Please, tell us, what are his intentions ?
Old 10-11-17, 09:04 PM
All American

Quote:
Yeah, the entire country. There are people who don't know who Lady Gaga is, doesn't mean the entire country wasn't talking about her when she was the super bowl half time act. There are people who don't know who LeBron is. Same can be said for any celebrity/professional athlete/actor. Doesn't change the fact the entire country is talking about them.

I dunno why you're acting like you don't know. You've viewed Yappi debate forum enough, you know exactly what the issue is.
So when you say "the entire country" you mean a lot of people. OK, got it.

No, seriously, what "social reform" has Kaepernick accomplished? Nothing any good. Such a hero.
Old 10-12-17, 07:08 AM
All American

Quote:

No, seriously, what "social reform" has Kaepernick accomplished? Nothing any good. Such a hero.
Oh, sorry I thought most adults knew the definition of hyperbole.

I didn't say he accomplished social reform. I said he attempted it. So you have a 4th grade level reading comprehension. Good to know.
Old 10-12-17, 07:09 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabezadecaballo View Post
Glad to know that your insight into Jones' intentions is so deep. Please, tell us, what are his intentions ?
It isn't that deep. Jerry is a man who loves having the spotlight on him. Painfully obvious to anyone who follows the NFL.
Old 10-12-17, 07:32 AM
All Yappi

TylerDurden is on a distinguished road
Quote:

I didn't say he accomplished social reform. I said he attempted it. So you have a 4th grade level reading comprehension. Good to know.
Old 10-12-17, 10:13 AM
All American

Quote:

So your post featured exaggerated claims of not accomplishing anything. So important, and helpful. Thanks for sharing.
Old 10-12-17, 10:42 AM
All American

Quote:
So your post featured exaggerated claims of not accomplishing anything. So important, and helpful. Thanks for sharing.
It's not my fault you can't read and don't know definitions of words most elementary students know. Take it up with your 4th grade teacher.
Old 10-12-17, 11:25 AM
All District

USA70PP is on a distinguished road
You people are going to need better pictures for this comic strip.
Old 10-12-17, 12:25 PM
All American

Quote:
It's not my fault you can't read and don't know definitions of words most elementary students know. Take it up with your 4th grade teacher.
Such insight, and wit. Thanks for sharing.
Old 10-12-17, 12:54 PM
All American

Quote:
Such insight, and wit. Thanks for sharing.
Yeah, sorry I can't provide the important and helpful insight that all 4 of your posts have in this thread. Of course when you read at a 4th grade level, big words and any post over 30 words goes right over your head.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: