Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > General Board

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 10-11-17, 07:20 PM
All American

Raider6309 is on a distinguished road
And this is how Trump got elected
Old 10-11-17, 07:55 PM
All Yappi

Sig Hansen can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by vamp2syd View Post
I had no problem with gay scout leaders nor did I have a problem with them not allowing gay scout leaders... it is a private club. If they want girls in so be it but I am 100% against it. Title IX messed up high school sports forever and nobody watches the WBA. Sorry, but unless it is beach volleyball I and so many others have zero interest in watching female sports. There is only 1 reason why we have female side reporters but have you ever seen an over weight one or one that is not attractive.... NO. OK, I started to ramble but it frustrates me when things that are sacred become tainted because of political correctness and soccer mom mentality.
That's great, but none of this has anything to do with the Boy Scouts.
Old 10-11-17, 07:58 PM
All Region

Username1 is on a distinguished road
In this day in age, we should probably call it 'Little btches and girl scouts'. If you want more boys tonjoin call it something cool. "Aspiring Navy Seals" teach them how to fight, stand up for what's right, how to hunt down big game and field dress it. Get some action and blood involved and every little boy in the US will want in. lol Boy Scouts.
Old 10-11-17, 08:01 PM
All Yappi

winbypin is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider6309 View Post
Or Hillary was an incredibly horrible candidate.
Old 10-11-17, 09:42 PM
All Yappi

lotr10 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplemojo View Post
My kids were raised in a scouting household. My two boys were Boy Scouts and outside of scouting we did camping, hiking, canoeing and other outdoor activities as a family. When my daughters were old enough for scouts, they could not understand why GSA did not give them the same opportunities for outdoor adventures that they had seen their older brother enjoy. My girls are all rough and tumble, confident and capable young women. GSA had nothing at all to attract them. They would have done BSA if they had had the option. In fact, one of my girls did become a BSA Explorer (police) in high school.
Then why not work to change the girl scouts to have more of the camping and hiking stuff that the boys do? I know I'll get blasted on yappi for saying this but there are actually bio-evolutionary reasons to separate girls & boys during childhood for some activities. All you need do is check out how boys & girls tend to self associate into packs even as late as HS. This is a normal & healthy thing and appears to be biologically driven as opposed to cultural since it occurs in virtually all human societies.

Bottom line is that the BOY scouts are for boys and the GIRL scouts are for girls. If anything is lacking in either group to make the experience more rewarding for the participants then bring about change within that group.
Old 10-11-17, 09:54 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
It is called BOY scouts. It is for BOYS.... not GIRLS....

If they want a coed scout club then form one, no problem with that but no GIRLS in BOY scouts.....

what so hard about that.....

This sounds like an episode of the Brady Bunch when something like this happened.....
It's not hard Vamp but you will be painted as a misogynist for simply asking that folks use common sense. But there is a method behind the madness of the left with respect to destroying some of our more venerable institutions and David Burje has captured it:

1. Identify a respected institution

2. Infiltrate it

3. Kill it

4. Gut it

5. Wear its carcass as a skin suit while demanding respect
Old 10-11-17, 09:54 PM
All Yappi

vamp2syd will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider6309 View Post
I did not vote for Trump nor did I vote for that heathen she-b...
Old 10-12-17, 05:46 AM
All American

bigkat is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
This is absolute BS......

This country is going down hill because of this type of crap....

a BOY is a BOY and a GIRL is a GIRL.... They are different.

what's next, girls playing football.... don't get me started on that.
last time I looked...they are different......but more and more lefties don't see the difference
Old 10-12-17, 06:31 AM
All Ohio

Hammerdrill is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by lotr10 View Post
Then why not work to change the girl scouts to have more of the camping and hiking stuff that the boys do? I know I'll get blasted on yappi for saying this but there are actually bio-evolutionary reasons to separate girls & boys during childhood for some activities. All you need do is check out how boys & girls tend to self associate into packs even as late as HS. This is a normal & healthy thing and appears to be biologically driven as opposed to cultural since it occurs in virtually all human societies.

Bottom line is that the BOY scouts are for boys and the GIRL scouts are for girls. If anything is lacking in either group to make the experience more rewarding for the participants then bring about change within that group.
This is exactly correct. I have little doubt this change is being made by misguided males, who have daughters and want their daughters to do all of the "cool" stuff their boys do. Boys need to hang out with boys, girls need to hang out with girls.

And while BSA says they will be in separate dens, what happens in a small town where they don't have enough girls for a den? Well of course they will welcome them into the boys dens.
Old 10-12-17, 06:34 AM
All American

Zunardo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I don't know that twitter lingo or what ever that is...

rofl????
At least he didn't follow with lmbo/lmao.

Wait, does this mean the camping trips and jamborees will now have coed tents?
Old 10-12-17, 06:49 AM
All World

Purplemojo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Then why not work to change the girl scouts to have more of the camping and hiking stuff that the boys do?
I did. I was my boys' assistant cub master and then my daughters' assistant troop leader. The higher ups only wanted the girls to do pajama parties, make overs and participate in their national racket (selling cookies). My ideas, and those activities my daughters were interested in, were vetoed.

My wife was a GSA camp counselor in the 1990s and she too was frustrated by the lack of "scouting" in the GSA.

The GSA has suffered from self inflicted wounds. In an effort to appeal to a wider base, they have alienated the girls who really want to be "scouts". Blame it on political correctness, or out of touch coastal prejudices and influences on the rest of America, but GSA is broke and it appears to be too late to fix.

By the way, Explorers, Ventures and Sea Scouts have been co-ed for some time now.

Last edited by Purplemojo; 10-12-17 at 07:11 AM.
Old 10-12-17, 07:03 AM
All American

Taco MacArthur has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
I had no problem with gay scout leaders nor did I have a problem with them not allowing gay scout leaders... it is a private club. If they want girls in so be it but I am 100% against it. Title IX messed up high school sports forever and nobody watches the WBA. Sorry, but unless it is beach volleyball I and so many others have zero interest in watching female sports. There is only 1 reason why we have female side reporters but have you ever seen an over weight one or one that is not attractive.... NO. OK, I started to ramble but it frustrates me when things that are sacred become tainted because of political correctness and soccer mom mentality.
Doris Burke is probably the best in the business and she isn't what most would call attractive. She's also been around for like 20 something years.
Old 10-12-17, 07:52 AM
All Yappi

TylerDurden is on a distinguished road
Quote:
And you're saying hiking, camping, etc are some of those activities?

Quote:
Apparently not anymore.
Old 10-12-17, 07:58 AM
All Yappi

ohiopup is on a distinguished road
Quote:
By the way, Explorers, Ventures and Sea Scouts have been co-ed for some time now.
At least 25+ years now...

and those programs are for the 14 year old and up crowd.

P.S. It will make the Tom-boys happy!

:>---

Just returned from MCAS Iwakuni (Japan).
Old 10-12-17, 08:07 AM
All Yappi

EastYoungstown will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sig Hansen View Post
rofl
well... you have more comments than me on this thread, so I guess you care more?

Is that how the internets work?
Old 10-12-17, 08:16 AM
All Yappi

eastside_purple is infamous around these parts
Heard this club is still avowed "no females".

Old 10-12-17, 08:52 AM
All American

4cards is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Username1 View Post
^you seriously are gay huh?
...the pearl necklace I gave your wife says I'm not!
Old 10-12-17, 09:04 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerDurden View Post
And you're saying hiking, camping, etc are some of those activities?

Apparently not anymore.
My point was that there is a demonstrated biological imperative for boys & girls to pursue different activities and cluster together apart from one another. It's obvious to anyone familiar with evolutionary biology that these behaviors are the result of strong selection processes operating over tens of thousands of years.

In fact this self segregation is common across cultures and in response as cultures became more advanced they formalized the separation of the sexes during childhood & early adolescence. In America it has led to things like same sex schools, the Boy & Girl scouts, segregation of athletic competition, etc. It's all common sense stuff and one wonders at the motivation to upend it all.
Old 10-12-17, 09:05 AM
All American

Zezzo! is on a distinguished road
Quote:
And a trail is a trail, a fire a fire, a skillet a skillet, a friend a friend, a tent is a tent, a canoe is a canoe. Scouts did not teach me how to be a "man". Scouts taught me how to be trustworthy, loyal, helpful, friendly, courteousness, kind, obedient, thrifty, brave, clean and reverent. What is gender specific about that?

Isn't that what parents are suppose to do?

Last edited by Zezzo!; 10-12-17 at 11:09 AM.
Old 10-12-17, 09:08 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastside_purple View Post
Heard this club is still avowed "no females".

Actually the Little Rascals sort of proved my point. The "joke" was that the natural, self imposed separation (He Mans Women Haters Club) would eventually crumble as the kids neared adulthood and found a whole lot of things to like about the opposite sex.

What's the old saying "Don't MESS with Mother nature".
Old 10-12-17, 09:09 AM
All American

Neopolitan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
What's the old saying "Don't MESS with Mother nature".
Is that the old saying?
Old 10-12-17, 09:12 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
I did. I was my boys' assistant cub master and then my daughters' assistant troop leader. The higher ups only wanted the girls to do pajama parties, make overs and participate in their national racket (selling cookies). My ideas, and those activities my daughters were interested in, were vetoed.

My wife was a GSA camp counselor in the 1990s and she too was frustrated by the lack of "scouting" in the GSA.

The GSA has suffered from self inflicted wounds. In an effort to appeal to a wider base, they have alienated the girls who really want to be "scouts". Blame it on political correctness, or out of touch coastal prejudices and influences on the rest of America, but GSA is broke and it appears to be too late to fix.

Then it looks like there are plenty of options for parents of girls that want to be involved in a more "action" oriented scouting experience. The other issue here is one of preference where if the majority of girls want to pursue one group of activities and a minority of girls want to pursue another, how do you handle it? My argument is you don't solve that issue by altering the Boy Scouts basic set-up.
Old 10-12-17, 09:29 AM
All Ohio

Hammerdrill is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Then it looks like there are plenty of options for parents of girls that want to be involved in a more "action" oriented scouting experience. The other issue here is one of preference where if the majority of girls want to pursue one group of activities and a minority of girls want to pursue another, how do you handle it? My argument is you don't solve that issue by altering the Boy Scouts basic set-up.
Yep. The fact that Venture Scouts exists, along side of the Boy Scouts, illustrates that keeping an all boy option was important. Which then it would stand to reason that an all girl option should exist too.
Old 10-12-17, 09:35 AM
All Yappi

ronnie mund can only hope to improve
Quote:
My point was that there is a demonstrated biological imperative for boys & girls to pursue different activities and cluster together apart from one another. It's obvious to anyone familiar with evolutionary biology that these behaviors are the result of strong selection processes operating over tens of thousands of years.

In fact this self segregation is common across cultures and in response as cultures became more advanced they formalized the separation of the sexes during childhood & early adolescence. In America it has led to things like same sex schools, the Boy & Girl scouts, segregation of athletic competition, etc. It's all common sense stuff and one wonders at the motivation to upend it all.
What does this have to do with anything? Yeah, we all understand there are differences between boys and girls, but there are also a lot of "crossovers", for lack of a better term. This decision opens up the option for those girls. It's funny that your over-the-top response was a surprise to no one. Just another reason for you to be angry.
Old 10-12-17, 10:17 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zezzo! View Post
[/I][/B]

Isn't that what parents is suppose to do?
Yes, and mine used scouting to help them do so. They also fed me but did not grow the food and sent me to school as well, even though parents are the primary educators of their children. My parents also let me play on sports teams with kids from other families and we had coaches who were not my parents. They even let me go to church and listen to other people talk about morals.

I guess you were home schooled and lived on a farm where you grew your own food and were not allowed to go to church or to participate in any activities not run by your parents, so that your parents could do their jobs to feed, educate and instill you with morals without any interference from anyone else.

Have your parent unlocked the door yet and let you out of their basement?

With all due respect your comment was stupid.
Old 10-12-17, 10:23 AM
All Yappi

EastYoungstown will become famous soon enough
This is hilarious.
Old 10-12-17, 10:29 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerdrill View Post
Yep. The fact that Venture Scouts exists, along side of the Boy Scouts, illustrates that keeping an all boy option was important. Which then it would stand to reason that an all girl option should exist too.
You really don't understand how this works. Venture Scouts do not exist "along side" Boy Scouts, Boy Scouts graduate into Venture Scouts, although there is some overlap from 14-18 years old. Your comment does not make any sense no matter how you approach it. A girl only option does not exist. Maybe it "should" exist, but it doesn't.
Old 10-12-17, 10:33 AM
All Yappi

eastside_purple is infamous around these parts
Mojo is schooling these dorks.
Old 10-12-17, 10:43 AM
All World

WestSideBomber is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastside_purple View Post
Mojo is schooling these dorks.
I think "snowflakes" is the technical term
Old 10-12-17, 10:46 AM