Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Boys Basketball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 03-15-17, 10:46 AM
Varsity

808 is on a distinguished road
Great job by coach Kachmarik and staff of developing this team during the year and establishing teamwork with a group of talented kids.

Good luck in the Regionals!
Old 03-15-17, 10:52 AM
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by ij21 View Post
With all due respect, he's not very skillful, not strong, barely able to slam dunk and lacks IQ. When or If he makes easy layups standing under the hoop his numbers could and should be much better. In fact, since you do a great job of tracking stats, how many of those points were spoon fed and how many did he work for? He has good potential but for his and MV sake, lets hope it's not too late before he decides to play up to that potential. If I was Jackson and a few other kids on that team, I would strongly consider transferring and I hear thats a strong possibility. If that happens, how many points and rebounds do you think Woodly would average. Woodly needs to worry about all mentioned above and winning ball games and everything will work out for him and MV

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
Obviously someone with an axe to grind, or a neophyte to the game of basketball. Time will tell if your assertions are valid. Skill set and measurables don't lie ask any evaluator of talent..

Last edited by 808; 03-15-17 at 01:09 PM.
Old 03-15-17, 12:00 PM
Varsity

PattyJacks is on a distinguished road
Will not develope with the coach they have at Maumee Valley.
Old 03-15-17, 01:11 PM
Varsity

@PattyJacks you might be right which would be a shame!
Old 03-15-17, 01:18 PM
Freshman

ij21 is on a distinguished road
Thank you Patty Jacks. @808 ...time is the assertion of facts and the last 3 years of no developement is the obvious. The fact you think the tallest kid in that league who can barely catch, slam dunk, minimal IQ, who frequently miss uncontested layups deserve to even make honorable mention, sounds more neophyte than any "assertion." However, as I stated before, he does have potential and he has 1 season left to capitalize ...time will tell. I wish him well my friend.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
Old 03-15-17, 04:12 PM
All Yappi

eastisbest will become famous soon enough
So now I'm tossed up whether Frannies think they can disparage a program to the point players transfer to Bancroft or if it's Johnnies posing as Frannies in order to make them look stupid.

OR, it could be Cherries, knowing everyone would think they're Johnnies pretending to be Frannies.

Emmmm no, they're not that clever. Got to be one of the first two.

OR, they could all be IB trying to make ALL the private schools look stupid. That theory's got legs.
Old 03-17-17, 07:38 AM
All District

Cardboard Palace is on a distinguished road
There is talk about the changes coming to the TAAC. Just trying to move it to this thread instead of the Archbold/Stritch thread. Sounds like Danbury and Gibsonburg are out based on what was reported on BCSN.

There was also discussion of Stritch basketball scheduling. I think a big part of it depends on if the school thinks it can maintain and continue to improve it's basketball program. A couple teams mentioned were Waite, Clay and Rossford.

Waite would be a great game next year they have a solid core returning. Clay was real young, but struggled, they have a few solid players coming back. Rossford losses everyone.

Looking long term with the ups and downs of a program all three would be good games to schedule. In the near future only Waite excites me. Maybe Clay because of the rivalry and they play so hard even if they are not ultra talented.
Old 03-17-17, 07:59 AM
All Region

Smalls is on a distinguished road
Kick the tires on the River East Classic. Play the games at Waite every year.

Rossford's gym is always 876 degrees and the I beams block your view.

Stritch's gym is not big enough.

Clay's gym is a good option, but I like Waite better. No knees in my back.
Old 03-17-17, 08:09 AM
Varsity

OHIOVSTW419 is on a distinguished road
My grandpa used to sell tickets at basketball games at Waite. Some of my fondest memories growing up was watching my Lake Flyers battle it out in the River East. I doubt theyd get in it now because they host a holiday tourney but Rossford, Stritch, Clay and Waite would make for some good games with some good crowds IMO. As long as Vorst is at Rossford those teams will compete. Not ultra talented but gritty
Old 03-17-17, 08:35 AM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHIOVSTW419 View Post
As long as Vorst is at Rossford those teams will compete. Not ultra talented but gritty
Vorst is a very good coach, but I don't think his cupboard has ever been so bare. He graduates 6 of the 7 guys in his normal rotation and the JV wasn't great.

I understand that Rossford has a lot of young talent coming in via open enrollment the next couple years, but it will take a few years to help at the varsity level.

In league they will really struggle the next few years.
Old 03-17-17, 02:31 PM
All District

Trailsendcustom is on a distinguished road
I'm all for the return of the River East. It would be nice to include Lake and Northwood but with their struggles of late some of those games could be ugly.

That being said, while I've not seen it in print yet, I hear Stritch is going to be improving it's non conference schedule dramatically to better prepare for the tourney. With all of the youth on the good teams in this DIII region the next few years are going to be really fun to watch.
Old 03-17-17, 02:57 PM
Varsity

OHIOVSTW419 is on a distinguished road
Lake will probably be on Northwoods level in the very near future when it comes to basketball. They had a senior dominated team this year that struggled to 6 or 7 wins. Unless some new kids make their way to the district the future looks very bleak for their program.
Old 03-18-17, 07:48 AM
Junior Varsity

BacktoBack is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardboard Palace View Post
There is talk about the changes coming to the TAAC. Just trying to move it to this thread instead of the Archbold/Stritch thread. Sounds like Danbury and Gibsonburg are out based on what was reported on BCSN.
I heard the same thing from a friend of mine who works at OHHS. Said Danbury is a lock for SBC, not sure if Gibsonburg is a done deal or not, but it looks that way.

Not sure what OH will do without Sieben, Hoffman and Roman. I'm thinking the cupboard will be pretty bare. They find a way to be in the discussion most years though, so you never know what Coach Lindsay is cooking.
Old 07-19-17, 08:30 PM
Freshman

T-town is on a distinguished road
I had the chance to see Cardinal Stritch over the Summer during Univ of Toledo Shoot-out. That team will be impressive next year. Great coaching and player development. The other TAAC team MVCDS not so much.
Old 10-12-17, 09:13 AM
Varsity

J.R. Swish is on a distinguished road
who will be favorites in TAAC this year?
Old 10-12-17, 01:24 PM
All District

MVCDS, Toledo Christian and Stritch should all be tough with good returning guard play.

MVCDS has a very good big.
TC has a few transfers this year. I am not sure what position they play.
Stritch has 5 bigs that can all play in the 6'4"-6'7" range + last year's 6th man who put on a lot of muscle and plays much bigger than 6'3".
Old 10-15-17, 08:38 AM
Varsity

Agreed

CS should be the favorite due to good guards, Holified and Burton and wing Little and an assortment of bigs. Also Coach K does a great job of putting his players in position to be successful on both ends.

TC will be in the mix, point guard D. Smith while not spectacular is an excellent floor leader and knows how to run a team. Mc Whinnie always coaches his teams up and will be competitive.

MVCDS will be in the mix they have possible the player of the year in Woodley, or Jackson however not much else. Coaching is not on the level of CS or TC.

Dark Horse -Ottawa Hills - Lindsey is an X factor coaching matters when you may be less talented.
Old 10-16-17, 12:21 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by 808 View Post

MVCDS will be in the mix they have possible the player of the year in Woodley, or Jackson however not much else.
If I remember right they only lost the spot up shooter from last year. Everyone else is back and should be improved.
Old 10-16-17, 12:44 PM
All District

The games between MVCD's and Stritch should be big time this year with all the talent on the court. I just hope they move MVCD's home game to a barn that can hold more than a couple hundred people. Rogers and Bowsher are just down the street and would be much better venues. I'm sure TPS wouldn't mind a little revenue from renting out a gym.
Old 10-16-17, 02:12 PM
Varsity

You are right that barn is the worst in the TAAC, should move the venue to Bowsher or even St. Johns.

Looking at the schedules on davey1.com

MVCDS actually plays Bowsher Dec. 19.
Old 10-21-17, 08:52 PM
All District

There's something brewing at MVCD...not really sure what it is but its making its way to the local media.
Old 10-21-17, 09:45 PM
All Yappi

"anonymous" email. lol. They get one of SJJ's players or something?
Old 10-22-17, 09:13 AM
All World

irish_buffalo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trailsendcustom View Post
I'm sure TPS wouldn't mind a little revenue from renting out a gym.
But that would mean someone would have to open the doors and turn on the lights, collect for tickets and clean up afterward and hit that light switch again...

It would entail way too much work. At the end of the day it is easier to collect a taxpayer check and not go above and beyond.
Old 10-23-17, 09:03 AM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish_buffalo View Post
But that would mean someone would have to open the doors and turn on the lights, collect for tickets and clean up afterward and hit that light switch again...

It would entail way too much work. At the end of the day it is easier to collect a taxpayer check and not go above and beyond.
Sadly I thought the same thing right after I posted that.
Old 10-23-17, 04:52 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish_buffalo View Post

All for which they would get paid. What are you on about? Know something? I'm not in the in but TPS has hosted games plenty of times. They host play-offs. You know something where they have refused this game? And even so, P-Burg is closer to the in-between of both of these schools isn't it? So is Owens. And I'm pretty sure SJJ (one of the venues mentioned) isn't part of TPS, or it'd be a much better school. Wouldn't have one of those "brotherhood" posters with everyone doing a nazi salute
Old 10-23-17, 11:08 PM
All World

I was joking. It is a great idea to utilize the TPS gyms.
Old 10-24-17, 02:27 PM
Freshman

T-town is on a distinguished road
WTH is going on over there?

http://www.13abc.com/content/news/In...451997613.html
Old 10-27-17, 08:26 AM
All Region

Smalls is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-town View Post
1st of all I hope that no kids are/were harmed by whatever was/is going on.

2nd the TAAC needs MVCDS to clean this up. The stronger each team the better it is for the league.
Old 10-28-17, 07:28 AM
All Yappi

Clean WHAT up? From the outside all they've implicated is that new "people" came in and have the old traditions spooked. It reads as if some want to put a varsity on the court and some want a club on the court. To each their own, I'm not judging but anonymous accusations on someone's character? Didn't they get some all-world player or has he moved on? This sounds like outside jealousies to me looking to retain a status quo.

It is interesting (and IMO good) that our Country Day doesn't seem to have followed the recruit the team approach of other Country Days. But if they did, that would more likely upset the as I put it, status quo power recruiters, not the league members. The last thing SJJ wants in their back yard is a Detroit Country Day competing for the same student, athlete, media attention set.
Old 10-28-17, 04:46 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-town View Post

I will say this, MVCDS does hold to their "no cut" rule as they have several teams. They have their legit basketball team and then they have their tuition payers basketball team consisting of awkward Chinese foreign exchange students that play 40 minutes of something close to basketball? Usually played against like minded "clubs" ending in 8-8 ties which everyone seems to be ok with.

The MVCDS board of trustees resembles a model U.N. (including a Block & Stranahan) and they talk all about diversity on their website but is what they fail to mention is they really like "choice diversity" rather than true integrated diversity. In other words they like to pick and choose who and how they are diverse, and not have diversity "happen" like 99% of the world.

Anyone coaching or associated with kids by OHSAA rules must get finger printed and pass an FBI background check. Dreadlocks and a 2004 Chevy Tahoe with oversized chrome rims aside.