Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > Debate Forum

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 06-13-18, 07:24 AM
All Yappi

lotr10 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by FootballFan1795 View Post
IMO, the video is Trumpís overtly-manipulative (and I think farcical) appeal to KJUís grandiose view of his own global power, intellect, and abilities and to his insatiable craving for worldwide admiration (sound familiar?). By now, everyone knows that insults and military threats donít really work on idiot KJU, but Trump is betting that even lil kim wonít be able to resist the allure of the immense fame, fortune, flash, bling (food!) that await him (I promise!) if he simply cooperates. As a savvy opportunist, I bet Trump sees nothing but dollar signs and growth prospects for U.S. businesses in this mysterious, underdeveloped land (move over Vlad and Xi Ė can you say ĎTrump Tower Pyongyangí?) We finally got a piece of the pi-i-i-ie! (Well Ö maybe.)
Actually insults followed up by CREDIBLE military threats do work with Kim as evidenced by his agreeing to the summit. Sure the empty threats made by previous administrations were laughed at by the Kim dynasty but with Trump, who they think is reckless, the threats seemed all to real.

Now with the stick working to get Kim's attention the Trump administration turns to the carrot to seal the deal. Sure Trump sees opportunity in NK only an idiot wouldn't. By playing to Kim's vanity with a simple video showcasing what might be Trump is offering the NK's a clear choice. This is negotiating 101.

The criticisms of this summit by the MSM and Trump's political opponents expose them as the hypocrites they are. That such empty headed fools hold sway over nearly half the population is frightening. But I suspect that slowly but surely the worm is turning and people of good faith are seeing these creatures for what they are - petty, vindictive little folks who do not have their best interests in mind.
Old 06-13-18, 07:29 AM
All Yappi

lotr10 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southwest Guy View Post
Be interesting to wait a few months and see how this compares to the deceptive Iran deal that people were fawning over.
Exactly SWG and the big difference between Trump's deal with NK and Obama's with Iran, besides billions of dollars in small bills changing hands, is that Trump now has complete latitude to deal with NK should they, like Iran, violate the agreement.

Trump can now take military action and justify it to the American public by saying we had no choice in the face of crazy with nuclear bombs. That Trump has clearly made a serious attempt to make peace with Kim is plainly evident to anyone who looks. If this peace is rejected Trump is cleared to up the ante.
Old 06-13-18, 08:31 AM
All World

Harrycrane is an unknown quantity at this point
The money was Iran’s in the first place , Obana gave it BACK to them. This wasn’t a gift or bribe.

America reaching into their own pockets to pay Iran with this deal is a false narrative . They got their own money BACK.

Time will tell if NK gives up anything significant long term . Right now ? We have no idea what they will give up Nuke wise. Suspending testing has been done many times by NZk over the years. Who really knows what will happen ? Even Trump conceded he may be wrong .

It was quite a spectacle though , surprised Trump hasn’t mentioned TV ratings . Those two dictators made for quite a photo op didn’t they?

My favorite caption I saw on Twitter under one of the dozens of photos showing Trump and Junk Yuun standing side by side was

“ When you get real close to finishing choosing up sides on the playground”
Old 06-13-18, 08:49 AM
All World

Gh0st is on a distinguished road
Quote:
The money was Iranís in the first place , Obana gave it BACK to them. This wasnít a gift or bribe.

America reaching into their own pockets to pay Iran with this deal is a false narrative . They got their own money BACK.
Ok Harry. Keep drinking that Kool-aid.

Quote:
Time will tell if NK gives up anything significant long term . Right now ? We have no idea what they will give up Nuke wise. Suspending testing has been done many times by NZk over the years. Who really knows what will happen ? Even Trump conceded he may be wrong .
True de-nuclearlization takes years to accomplish. They aren't dealing with materials that can just be thrown out like trash. The United States has given NK nothing that cannot be taken back if Kim proves to be FoS. You've been making a big deal about canceling war games. We still maintain 30,000 troops and a carrier fleet in the region. War games can be restarted in the next half hour if we want to.

Quote:
It was quite a spectacle though , surprised Trump hasnít mentioned TV ratings . Those two dictators made for quite a photo op didnít they?
Dictator? Would you have the slightest idea what living under a dictator is like? I bet you're arrogant enough to think so. You live in the U.S. On a global standard, you are coddled. People living under real dictators would laugh in your face for calling Trump a dictator.
Old 06-13-18, 08:53 AM
All World

Purplemojo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrycrane View Post
The money was Iranís in the first place , Obana gave it BACK to them. This wasnít a gift or bribe.
Mullahs: "Hey, we are going to fund a worldwide terrorist network spreading terror, rape and murder around the world and we need our money back"

Obama: "Oh, sure thing. Sorry we have held on to it so long. Have fun wreaking chaos around the world."

Who cares whose money it was? Don't you think sponsoring worldwide terror causes you to forfeit any money held by others?

So, your best friend lends you his gun, tells you he needs it back to kill his wife and you are like "sorry to hear about your marriage problems, here's your gun. Let me know when you do it because I would like to send my regards to her parents."

You are not that dumb.
Old 06-13-18, 08:55 AM
All American

19AL63 is on a distinguished road
To keep saying that the money was Iran's does not make it a gift or a bribe is just wrong. At the time the money was given back who had it and was in control of it? The fact that the money was given back with interest made it a bribe or a gift. We had control of the money and we could still be in control of it if Obama and the people in power at the time had so decided. It was not Iran's choice to withdraw the money and have it delivered on pallets. It was our side that said that we would do this.
Old 06-13-18, 09:08 AM
All Yappi

SWMCinci is on a distinguished road
Quote:

ÖÖ...
It was a gift because Iran gave up none of it's terrorist activities to get it back. The embassy hostages were not adequately compensated for their captivity and the American people were not compensated for the costs caused by the government's failed efforts to protect American assets or citizens.
Old 06-13-18, 09:24 AM
All Ohio

FootballFan1795 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplemojo View Post
What experienced negotiator would fail to use all of Kim's foibles? Very weird post. I am sure you had no problem with Obama bowing to middle eastern despots and his world apology tour, but food and "bling" used to negotiate with a guy who likes shiny things and you have a problem with it.
I don't have a problem with this summit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotr10 View Post
Actually insults followed up by CREDIBLE military threats do work with Kim as evidenced by his agreeing to the summit. Sure the empty threats made by previous administrations were laughed at by the Kim dynasty but with Trump, who they think is reckless, the threats seemed all too real.

Now with the stick working to get Kim's attention the Trump administration turns to the carrot to seal the deal. Sure Trump sees opportunity in NK only an idiot wouldn't. By playing to Kim's vanity with a simple video showcasing what might be Trump is offering the NK's a clear choice. This is negotiating 101.

The criticisms of this summit by the MSM and Trump's political opponents expose them as the hypocrites they are. That such empty headed fools hold sway over nearly half the population is frightening. But I suspect that slowly but surely the worm is turning and people of good faith are seeing these creatures for what they are - petty, vindictive little folks who do not have their best interests in mind.
Don't think we can really know for sure whether it was Trumps threats or his enticements that got KJU to the table. Regardless, I don't see this summit as a disgraceful 'bowing' to lil kim (as some see it) ... I see this as someone finally figuring out a way to manipulate this psycho (which is fine by me).

Quote:
Trump can now take military action and justify it to the American public by saying we had no choice in the face of crazy with nuclear bombs. That Trump has clearly made a serious attempt to make peace with Kim is plainly evident to anyone who looks. If this peace is rejected Trump is cleared to up the ante.
Agreed.
Old 06-13-18, 10:15 AM
All American

goldentornado is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by 19AL63 View Post
To keep saying that the money was Iran's does not make it a gift or a bribe is just wrong. At the time the money was given back who had it and was in control of it? The fact that the money was given back with interest made it a bribe or a gift. We had control of the money and we could still be in control of it if Obama and the people in power at the time had so decided. It was not Iran's choice to withdraw the money and have it delivered on pallets. It was our side that said that we would do this.
WRONG! The IranĖUnited States Claims Tribunal was handling this legal claim.When arbitration process was about to conclude , the U.S. agreed to pay Iran back the $400 million principal along with $1.3 billion in interest. If the issue had gone to the tribunal for a decision, as was expected, the U.S. could have been on the hook for the full $10 billion in compensation Iran was seeking.
Old 06-13-18, 11:09 AM
All World

Isnít it WAAAY too early to say trump manipulated this guy ?

I mean it isnít as if any other American Prez asked to or ultimately thought it wise to do so and that includes Trump countless times saying it foolish to meet with NK or even get involved with Syria . Trump the serial liar spins it so it makes like many Presidents tried to talk with this piece of crap and failed.

I donít see anything gained at this point except a promise from the worst regime on earth and a garish photo op .

Trump needing to manipulate this guy ? Kim begged for the meeting, and would have met with any President of the United States as would have his father .

If you feel we got something or the field did good for you , but us way too premature and right now besides the spectacle it was a nothing burger.

That is what I would think if any Prez had that meeting with undefined results and a promise from that hell on earth nation .

Trump without telling anyone said war games were over. If you count that as a great win so be it
Old 06-13-18, 11:26 AM
All Yappi

winbypin is on a distinguished road
LOL. Like we can't start war games up again if necessary. We've been having them there how long now?

But it is so cute to watch the libs cry about this because most of them were crying that the war games were going to provoke the mad man just a few months ago.

Keep it up Harry. This is pure gold.
Old 06-13-18, 11:33 AM
All Yappi

y2h is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gh0st View Post
Ok Harry. Keep drinking that Kool-aid.

True de-nuclearlization takes years to accomplish. They aren't dealing with materials that can just be thrown out like trash. The United States has given NK nothing that cannot be taken back if Kim proves to be FoS. You've been making a big deal about canceling war games. We still maintain 30,000 troops and a carrier fleet in the region. War games can be restarted in the next half hour if we want to.

Dictator? Would you have the slightest idea what living under a dictator is like? I bet you're arrogant enough to think so. You live in the U.S. On a global standard, you are coddled. People living under real dictators would laugh in your face for calling Trump a dictator.
The amusing thing is the left runs around calling Trump a dictator, king etc.and in the next breath mock him for the campaign promises he hasn't fulfilled.

I love the handwringing over cessation of war games during the negotiation. you'd think we had pulled all forces out of Asia. Like we can't figure out how to coordinate a military response if need be.
Old 06-13-18, 11:35 AM
All Ohio

USA70PP is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplemojo View Post
Mullahs: "Hey, we are going to fund a worldwide terrorist network spreading terror, rape and murder around the world and we need our money back"

Obama: "Oh, sure thing. Sorry we have held on to it so long. Have fun wreaking chaos around the world."

Who cares whose money it was? Don't you think sponsoring worldwide terror causes you to forfeit any money held by others?

So, your best friend lends you his gun, tells you he needs it back to kill his wife and you are like "sorry to hear about your marriage problems, here's your gun. Let me know when you do it because I would like to send my regards to her parents."

You are not that dumb.
Purplemojo, I beg to differ with you. Harry is that dumb.
Old 06-13-18, 11:38 AM
All Yappi

Quote:

It was quite a spectacle though , surprised Trump hasnít mentioned TV ratings . Those two dictators made for quite a photo op didnít they?

My favorite caption I saw on Twitter under one of the dozens of photos showing Trump and Junk Yuun standing side by side was

ď When you get real close to finishing choosing up sides on the playgroundĒ
They forfeited the money by their actions.
Old 06-13-18, 11:45 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
Isnít it WAAAY too early to say trump manipulated this guy ?
It's a 'grooming' process ...

Quote:
... way too premature and right now besides the spectacle it was a nothing burger.
?? Didn't I say, earlier ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FootballFan1795 View Post
We finally got a piece of the pi-i-i-ie! (Well Ö maybe.)
Old 06-13-18, 12:10 PM
All Yappi

fish82 will become famous soon enoughfish82 will become famous soon enough
Sounds like we should start returning the confiscated funds to drug dealers after they get out of the pokey.

After all, itís their money.
Old 06-13-18, 12:36 PM
All Yappi

TigerPaw is on a distinguished road
The deal does not matter, nor the details. What matters is Trump says it is great and pubs believe it.

Btw, I just watched the POTUS call Kim Jung Un, perhaps the most psychotic and prolific mass murderer/dictator today, a "very talented leader." And "strong, funny, smart, a great negotiator." Let that sink in.
Old 06-13-18, 12:38 PM
All Yappi

winbypin is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerPaw View Post
The deal does not matter, nor the details. What matters is Trump says it is great and pubs believe it.

Btw, I just watched the POTUS call Kim Jung Un, perhaps the most psychotic and prolific mass murderer/dictator today, a "very talented leader." And "strong, funny, smart, a great negotiator." Let that sink in.
You libs never fail to entertain. If it gets Kim to denuclearize who cares what Trump calls him. Everyone knows what he really is, right?
Old 06-13-18, 12:44 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by winbypin View Post
You libs never fail to entertain. If it gets Kim to denuclearize who cares what Trump calls him. Everyone knows what he really is, right?
Exactly.
Old 06-13-18, 01:59 PM
All Yappi

fish82 will become famous soon enoughfish82 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Predictably dumb statement. Of course they matter. Pretty much illustrates perfectly that you lose your forking mind every time Trump scratches his azz.

Quote:
See above. The Shock Level that you're predictably butthurt over that is pretty much nil.

As already stated...who gives a sht? If it gets us where we want to be, then cool. If not, we start the exercises up with the South again, and we're no worse off than we were a month ago.

Just stay off the internets for a couple months, dude. It'll pay yuge dividends for you in the long run.
Old 06-13-18, 02:02 PM
All American

Hammerdrill is on a distinguished road
Quote:

What were you thinking when Trump said he would obliterate him?
Old 06-13-18, 05:04 PM
All Yappi

Southwest Guy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Exactly SWG and the big difference between Trump's deal with NK and Obama's with Iran, besides billions of dollars in small bills changing hands, is that Trump now has complete latitude to deal with NK should they, like Iran, violate the agreement.
As someone who held his nose to vote for this guy and who has been holding it ever since this was actually a big deal to those of us squarely in the middle. As stated we'll see with time but success here is the worst nightmare for the 40 percent wearing Depends since the election.
Kind of like Nixon in 1972 deciding to talk with China. Through all Nixon's faults I thought that he and Kissinger made a bold move and it worked out.
Maybe North Korea responds in kind. Maybe not. Does it weaken the evil empire of Putin to see the bad hair kid trading with the US ?
Old 06-13-18, 05:20 PM
All World

What would NK trade with the US exactly? Putin and China are happy that the US is suspending their 'War Games" for a while .

Love Pompeo saying that NK has TWO AND A HALF YEARS to get it's act together to show that they are serious about really " Denuclearizing " hmmm Lets see ? What's happening in two and a half years?

Oh the 2020 Presidential election . So let me guess , like George W Bush before him who used as a campaign issue , 'Let me finish what I started in Iraq" as a basis as to why to vote for him . if you don't it will make the region unsafe and threaten our progress and make us less safe to paraphrase that bullbleep.

Trump circa 2020 ? HMM lets see, . Ahh you have to let me finish this saving of the world and get that 'Denuclearization " thing finished so the whole world can breathe easier .

That you can take to the bank .
Old 06-13-18, 05:20 PM
All Yappi

These people must have hated Reagan meeting with Gorbachev.

How dare he legitimize the Soviet leader.
Old 06-13-18, 05:39 PM
All World

Kim and NK = Russia and Gorby? Nice one , perfect parallel if you live in a different universe that is . I mean even with our new normal of alternative facts being just fine and legit , this is absurd . Soviets were powerful in an immoral commie way yes , NK ? pathetic

Last edited by Harrycrane; 06-13-18 at 05:59 PM.
Old 06-13-18, 06:02 PM
All American

19AL63 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldentornado View Post
WRONG! The IranĖUnited States Claims Tribunal was handling this legal claim.When arbitration process was about to conclude , the U.S. agreed to pay Iran back the $400 million principal along with $1.3 billion in interest. If the issue had gone to the tribunal for a decision, as was expected, the U.S. could have been on the hook for the full $10 billion in compensation Iran was seeking.
That was the excuse given for giving back the money plus interest. I do find it strange that we heard nothing about being on the hook as you say until it was questioned why we gave them the ranch plus.
Old 06-13-18, 08:35 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
What would NK trade with the US exactly? Putin and China are happy that the US is suspending their 'War Games" for a while .
You think China or Russia would be thrilled to see North Korea buying more goods and services from the US should that occur ? I know to some having a trade surplus with a country seems unheard of.

My thoughts are China would be none to thrilled to lose any their stranglehold
they have on North Korean goods.
Just like Russia in the early 70's not wanting China to build better relations with the US.
No doubt it's a reach but their are similarities.
Old 06-13-18, 08:37 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19AL63 View Post
That was the excuse given for giving back the money plus interest. I do find it strange that we heard nothing about being on the hook as you say until it was questioned why we gave them the ranch plus.
Until the pallets of cash were snuck in the back door and revealed.
Old 06-13-18, 09:08 PM
All World

North Korea is a nothing country they have no money .
Old 06-13-18, 09:58 PM
All World

Gh0st is on a distinguished road
Quote:
North Korea is a nothing country they have no money .
How about the simple fact that with a larger international presence, the country becomes more transparent. Makes it harder to commit all those human rights violations you were just ranting about.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: