Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > Debate Forum

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 06-11-18, 03:18 PM
Go Buckeyes

Yappi will become famous soon enough
Trump-Kim Summit

Will this be a monumental event or turn into much ado about nothing?
Sponsored Links
Old 06-11-18, 03:30 PM
All Yappi

winbypin is on a distinguished road
No matter what actually happens at the meeting the libs will say nothing substantial happened and the conservatives will say it saved the human race. Somewhere in the middle is probably the reality.
Old 06-11-18, 04:16 PM
All Yappi

lotr10 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yappi View Post
Will this be a monumental event or turn into much ado about nothing?
It's a monumental event to the extent that they're meeting in the first place. Regardless of what happens after this summit the rules of the game have been changed going forward of what is possible in the interactions of the two leaderships.

My guess is though that it will be future meetings between senior US/NK/SK officials that will propel this start to something historically special. Remember that back in the day many folks were disappointed at the Reagan/Gorbachev meetings but in the end they turned out to be history changing.
Old 06-11-18, 08:38 PM
All World

Gh0st is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by winbypin View Post
No matter what actually happens at the meeting the libs will say nothing substantial happened and the conservatives will say it saved the human race. Somewhere in the middle is probably the reality.
I wouldn't say that. The event is monumental if it even happens, since nothing like it has happened since the Korean War. The libs will tell us "nothing to see here" but there is definitely something to see here.

The truth is somewhere in between, but way closer to the Trump camps perspective than the libs.
Old 06-11-18, 08:55 PM
All American

Happygoluckky is on a distinguished road
A HUGE success for KJU...to be aknowledged and adored......(He's keeping his NUKES) May get a mickey D's
Old 06-11-18, 08:56 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gh0st View Post
I wouldn't say that. The event is monumental if it even happens, since nothing like it has happened since the Korean War. The libs will tell us "nothing to see here" but there is definitely something to see here.

The truth is somewhere in between, but way closer to the Trump camps perspective than the libs.
Well it's happening right now. I do agree....just the fact the it's happening to begin with is a pretty big deal. We will have to see what comes out of it. I hope the best.

ABC televised the "handshake". They really played up how close we were to war the whole time.
Old 06-11-18, 08:57 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happygoluckky View Post
A HUGE success for KJU...to be aknowledged and adored......(He's keeping his NUKES) May get a mickey D's
See what I mean.
Old 06-11-18, 08:59 PM
All American

Can you imagine the GOPís reaction if Obama met with Kim in front of an arrangement of US and NK flags like that?

I hate it because it just doesnít get anybody anywhere. Someone has to be the grown up. On the other hand what I post on here isnít how I act in real life - well it is but I just hate that kind of arguing. In this case I just canít help it.
Old 06-11-18, 09:04 PM
All Yappi

Wah. You're just mad Obama didn't do it.
Old 06-11-18, 09:08 PM
All American

Quote:
Wah. You're just mad Obama didn't do it.
So your on the record that NK will give up NUKES!!! You are cute....
Old 06-11-18, 09:11 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Where did I say that?
Old 06-11-18, 09:14 PM
All American

This is a charade....huge win for KJU. China sitting back. NK playing the game they have mastered over the last few decades. US/NK flags in a row would have been FOXNEWS hysteria if it was anyone else....A reality TV moment for Trump.
Old 06-11-18, 09:16 PM
All Yappi

Again....wah. you're mad it wasn't Obama.
Old 06-11-18, 09:26 PM
All American

Hammerdrill is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Is that the measuring stick here?
Old 06-11-18, 09:35 PM
All World

Quote:
Can you imagine the GOPís reaction if Obama met with Kim in front of an arrangement of US and NK flags like that?

I hate it because it just doesnít get anybody anywhere. Someone has to be the grown up. On the other hand what I post on here isnít how I act in real life - well it is but I just hate that kind of arguing. In this case I just canít help it.
It would have been historic if Obama, Bush, Clinton, Bush, Reagan, Carter, and so on had done it. But they didn't. Nothing concrete has come of it, but getting these two groups in the same room has been inconceiveable for decades.

You are from the adult in the room. You can't get over any of your prejudices to simply acknowledge that this is a historic meeting.
Old 06-11-18, 09:35 PM
All Yappi

I don't understand why people like happy want this to fail. I understand having doubt especially considering NK's past actions but to hope for failure because you don't like Trump is pretty petty.
Old 06-11-18, 09:36 PM
All American

Trump setting the bar
Old 06-11-18, 09:36 PM
All World

Quote:
This is a charade....huge win for KJU. China sitting back. NK playing the game they have mastered over the last few decades. US/NK flags in a row would have been FOXNEWS hysteria if it was anyone else....A reality TV moment for Trump.
NK has mastered meeting with the US for decades? Name one other instance.
Old 06-11-18, 09:38 PM
All World

Quote:
I don't understand why people like happy want this to fail. I understand having doubt especially considering NK's past actions but to hope for failure because you don't like Trump is pretty petty.
Unlike Iran, NK has no cards. They already have nukes and it's something we've been dealing with for a long time now. What they don't have is trade, money, food, or reasonable quality of life for most people.
Old 06-11-18, 09:39 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Trump setting the bar
Are you really so petty that you can't hope for good to come out of the meeting?
Old 06-11-18, 09:43 PM
All World

Irwin20 is on a distinguished road
Quote:

Someone was watching MSNBC. They just showed a clip of some yahoo saying this concerning the flags on Fox, do you have an original thought?
Old 06-11-18, 09:55 PM
All Ohio

buckeye53 is on a distinguished road
It’s one hell of a lot of crazy, packed into 1 room.
Old 06-11-18, 10:16 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irwin20 View Post
Someone was watching MSNBC. They just showed a clip of some yahoo saying this concerning the flags on Fox, do you have an original thought?
He quoted Russian state news on another thread. So no, I imagine he enjoys being told what to think.
Old 06-11-18, 10:24 PM
All Yappi

y2h is on a distinguished road
Quote:
So when there is a state meeting between the US and say the French leader they don't have both countries flags displayed?
Old 06-11-18, 10:27 PM
All Yappi

y2h is on a distinguished road
Quote:
So when Trump was talking tough it was "he's a warmonger, what happened to diplomacy" .

He goes diplomatic and its " he's legitimizing Kim"

What exactly he is supposed to do?
Old 06-12-18, 03:51 AM
All World

Harrycrane is an unknown quantity at this point
not one mention of human rights . NK has bene working hard on their nuclear program for what 60 years? So as they have done previously they stopped testing , they promise things and little to nothing changes.

We'll see what happens , but to not even talk about the incredible human rights atrocities there is crazy to me. But then again what does he really care about that? He cares about saying he is better than any other Prez and getting credit for things .

Back to the real world , As Trump lauds Kim for being a very talented man and blasted Trudeau for being a weak turd . Good times. 'Justin DIDNT KNOW I WAS WATCHIGN ON THE PLANE " good Lord. It si going to cost the people of Canada" I saw that press conference , didn't see anything wrong with it myself . Trump is really a piece of work . Said Kim loves his country very much. What would it be like over there if he only liked his country ?

People would be making less than 5 bucks a day ?

Last edited by Harrycrane; 06-12-18 at 04:02 AM.
Old 06-12-18, 05:21 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrycrane View Post
not one mention of human rights . NK has bene working hard on their nuclear program for what 60 years? So as they have done previously they stopped testing , they promise things and little to nothing changes.

We'll see what happens , but to not even talk about the incredible human rights atrocities there is crazy to me. But then again what does he really care about that? He cares about saying he is better than any other Prez and getting credit for things .

Back to the real world , As Trump lauds Kim for being a very talented man and blasted Trudeau for being a weak turd . Good times. 'Justin DIDNT KNOW I WAS WATCHIGN ON THE PLANE " good Lord. It si going to cost the people of Canada" I saw that press conference , didn't see anything wrong with it myself . Trump is really a piece of work . Said Kim loves his country very much. What would it be like over there if he only liked his country ?

People would be making less than 5 bucks a day ?
It's call diplomacy. Had he said mean things to him, you would have had your panties in a bunch fearing Trump was going to start a war.
Old 06-12-18, 05:36 AM
All Yappi

fish82 will become famous soon enoughfish82 will become famous soon enough
Assuming that if happy & harry are this agitated, things must have gone pretty well.
Old 06-12-18, 06:47 AM
All American

My favorite quote:

Trump says he trusts Kim. If he's wrong? "I may be wrong, I mean, I may stand before you in six months and say, 'Hey I was wrong,'" said Trump, adding, "I don't know that I'll ever admit that, but I'll find some kind of an excuse."

I suppose the good news is some fake chitchat is better than nuclear war. I hope the administration, China, SK and other allies can get NK to act.
Old 06-12-18, 06:54 AM
All American

Quote:
My favorite quote:

Trump says he trusts Kim. If he's wrong? "I may be wrong, I mean, I may stand before you in six months and say, 'Hey I was wrong,'" said Trump, adding, "I don't know that I'll ever admit that, but I'll find some kind of an excuse."

I suppose the good news is some fake chitchat is better than nuclear war. I hope the administration, China, SK and other allies can get NK to act.
This is no different than any business deal. There has to be trust, and if the trust is broken, there will then be consequences.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: