Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > Debate Forum

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 06-13-18, 06:57 AM
All American

Happygoluckky is on a distinguished road
Emoluments Clause.

Emoluments Clause:
No Title of Nobility shall be granted by the United States: And no Person holding any Office of Profit or Trust under them, shall, without the Consent of the Congress, accept of any present, Emolument, Office, or Title, of any kind whatever, from any King, Prince, or foreign State.

The trump administration have basically just ignored this...all you folks that crapped your britches for two decades over Bill Clinton's foundation getting money for speeches? Jared is headed to the ME for some loan assurances (and if he has some time may discuss peace in the middle east)
Sponsored Links
Old 06-13-18, 07:00 AM
All Yappi

fish82 will become famous soon enoughfish82 will become famous soon enough
Dude.
Old 06-13-18, 07:08 AM
All World

Gh0st is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happygoluckky View Post
Emoluments Clause:
No Title of Nobility shall be granted by the United States: And no Person holding any Office of Profit or Trust under them, shall, without the Consent of the Congress, accept of any present, Emolument, Office, or Title, of any kind whatever, from any King, Prince, or foreign State.

The trump administration have basically just ignored this...all you folks that crapped your britches for two decades over Bill Clinton's foundation getting money for speeches? Jared is headed to the ME for some loan assurances (and if he has some time may discuss peace in the middle east)
Prove it.
Old 06-13-18, 07:16 AM
All American

I will start with Ivanka/Jared disclosure forms.

China trademarks being granted with 24 hours of ZTE sanctions.

Trump DC hotel being a hotbed of foreign leaders spending in DC.

Mar-a-lago double price of memberships....
Old 06-13-18, 07:42 AM
All Yappi

zeeman is on a distinguished road
man you really need some hobbies
Old 06-13-18, 07:53 AM
All American

Username1 is on a distinguished road
Lol
Old 06-13-18, 07:57 AM
All World

Harrycrane is an unknown quantity at this point
When you have no real answer to a question or fact that doesn’t fit your narrative ? What do you do ?

1) attack presentation / grammar/ spelling

2) tell the poster he’s obsessed , hysterical , and my favorite unhinged.or thinks too much about this

3) What about ? Just like?

4) The impropriety or gaffe or Crime has been committed before so it’s OK

5) Nothing to see , get over it “ WE” won

I like 5 especially because the person saying that isn’t winning anything .
Old 06-13-18, 08:07 AM
All Yappi

zeeman is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrycrane View Post
When you have no real answer to a question or fact that doesn’t fit your narrative ? What do you do ?

1) attack presentation / grammar/ spelling

2) tell the poster he’s obsessed , hysterical , and my favorite unhinged.or thinks too much about this

3) What about ? Just like?

4) The impropriety or gaffe or Crime has been committed before so it’s OK

5) Nothing to see , get over it “ WE” won

I like 5 especially because the person saying that isn’t winning anything .
You’re definitely #2
Old 06-13-18, 08:12 AM
All World

Don’t need to think too hard on this particular topic . It’s as obvious as the reason Trump has NEVER personally attacked Putin or Stormy . They both have something on the great man . Putin? The list is fairly long ( why in the world would Trump say he thinks Russia should be responsible included in the G summit? )! Daniels ? Obviously he afraid of a certain stubby shortcoming being brought up .
Old 06-13-18, 08:51 AM
All World

Quote:

Talk about going down the rabbit hole...

What blog do you get this crap from?
Old 06-13-18, 08:54 AM
All Yappi

winbypin is on a distinguished road
LOL. Happy.

Wow things have changed. Happy makes BJF look sane.
Old 06-13-18, 10:06 AM
All American

Zunardo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gh0st View Post
Prove it.
Quote:
Fair enough:

https://www.salon.com/2018/06/12/fin...-their-wealth/

" A spokesperson for Abbe Lowell, the ethics counsel for Kushner and Ivanka Trump, said the couple's filing showed that both assets and debts had not changed much during the past year. The spokesperson also made a point to state that the pair had complied with all federal ethics rules."

Quote:

http://yalejreg.com/nc/should-congre...se-violations/

".....where transactions involving the Trump Organization are conducted at arm’s length, no emolument arises. Of course, this is all hypothetical, because it is exceptionally unlikely that Congress will invoke the emoluments clauses to conduct impeachment proceedings against soon-to-be President Trump (or against President Obama, for that matter). However, in the unlikely circumstance that impeachment proceedings begin against Trump, his critics will have given him a rhetorically clever defense. Trump’s lawyers can use the approach of Eisen, Painter and Tribe to show that Obama received prohibited emoluments, and that Trump should not be impeached — he simply followed President Obama’s precedents."

Quote:
https://www.brookings.edu/blog/order...hina-strategy/

"The ZTE deal has to be seen in the larger context of U.S.-China trade issues. Wednesday morning, the U.S. reported updated trade data through April. U.S. exports are growing well—9 percent year-on-year overall; 8 percent to China; and 8 percent to the eurozone. This reflects stronger growth in the world economy."
Old 06-13-18, 10:56 AM
All Yappi

SWMCinci is on a distinguished road
So, let's look at that - "No Title of Nobility shall be granted by the United States: And no Person holding any Office of Profit or Trust under them, shall, without the Consent of the Congress, accept of any present, Emolument, Office, or Title, of any kind whatever, from any King, Prince, or foreign State".

Has Trump been given a Title of Nobility by the US or any other country? No. Has Trump accepted a present of any kind from another country? Again the answer is no. So what's your beef?

Trump has a legitimate business that provides a service and people paid for it before he was in office, pays for it while he's in office, and will pay for it after he leaves office. It's not a payment for him being President. If you had no problem with the Bill and Hillary Scam Organization accepting payments, bribes, and honorariums for nothing, you should probably have no problems for someone staying at a Trump hotel and paying the rack rate.

If you HAD a problem with someone paying the Bill and Hillary Scam Organization for nothing then you might have a problem with someone that was doing business with Trump before that seems to still be doing business with his organization. But I would think that you would see a difference in someone seeking a donation/honorarium/bribe vs someone staying at a hotel.

Were you this upset when Obama received a large check as he was taking office for something he MIGHT do while in office? Or were you upset at the Obamas and Clinton's were accepting book advances before they filled out the change-of-address forms? Seems a little one sided in your aggrieved status.
Old 06-13-18, 11:45 AM
All World

Caleb is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Emoluments Clause:

I actually googled this and read an article from the Washington Post on just this topic and I would suppose you will be happy to know Trump is being sued by a watchdog group. But his attorney (which one? lol)said and I quote from the article "Trump will avoid running afoul of the Constitution because his businesses will not be accepting gifts from foreign countries, rather they’ll be accepting payments, for services rendered." This seems to be different then what the Clinton's were doing with their foundations. Never the less I agree with you in your complaint. It's one of the few problems I have with Trump. If you knew you were going to run for president you should've taken care of all this business stuff 2 years out. I also believe every law maker in both houses should turn over all records and tax returns on where their income is coming from. I find it hard to believe an individual like Maxine Waters can be worth millions on just the salary congress gets. Never the less it's time ol Ben Franklin give back that snuffbox festooned with 408 diamonds he received from the King of France.
Old 06-13-18, 11:51 AM
All American

I copied and pasted from WIKI.

Certainly if I was a dictator and wanted something for my country I would have a few avenues to gain favor and you cannot look at anyone with a straight face and say Trump would not be interested in dealing in a transactional nature. That is how he operates on everything.
Old 06-13-18, 12:07 PM
All World

Caleb is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I copied and pasted from WIKI.

Certainly if I was a dictator and wanted something for my country I would have a few avenues to gain favor and you cannot look at anyone with a straight face and say Trump would not be interested in dealing in a transactional nature. That is how he operates on everything.
Your probably not going to by thrilled with his new ocean front golf course/resort he's going to build in North Korea then are you?
Old 06-13-18, 12:36 PM
All Yappi

LOL. Trump the dictator. Happy. Please keep it going.
Old 06-13-18, 12:36 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caleb View Post
I actually googled this and read an article from the Washington Post on just this topic and I would suppose you will be happy to know Trump is being sued by a watchdog group. But his attorney (which one? lol)said and I quote from the article "Trump will avoid running afoul of the Constitution because his businesses will not be accepting gifts from foreign countries, rather they’ll be accepting payments, for services rendered." This seems to be different then what the Clinton's were doing with their foundations. Never the less I agree with you in your complaint. It's one of the few problems I have with Trump. If you knew you were going to run for president you should've taken care of all this business stuff 2 years out. I also believe every law maker in both houses should turn over all records and tax returns on where their income is coming from. I find it hard to believe an individual like Maxine Waters can be worth millions on just the salary congress gets. Never the less it's time ol Ben Franklin give back that snuffbox festooned with 408 diamonds he received from the King of France.
Doesn't the IRS already have all the tax records for everyone?
Old 06-13-18, 12:38 PM
All World

chs1971 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Emoluments Clause:

This is what mental illness looks like.
Old 06-13-18, 12:39 PM
All World

Quote:
Don’t need to think too hard on this particular topic . It’s as obvious as the reason Trump has NEVER personally attacked Putin or Stormy . They both have something on the great man . Putin? The list is fairly long ( why in the world would Trump say he thinks Russia should be responsible included in the G summit? )! Daniels ? Obviously he afraid of a certain stubby shortcoming being brought up .
This is what mental illness looks like, Part II.
Old 06-13-18, 07:18 PM
All World

Indiandad is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caleb View Post
Congress members are the only citizens who can utilize insider trading legally.
Maxine Waters sit on the Financial Services Committee. She is privy to all kinds of information prior to anyone else knowing it. She can legally use that information to buy stocks in companies that will be impacted by her decisions on that committee.

It is one hell of a legal scam.
Old 06-13-18, 07:24 PM
All World

Umm , simpletons like CHS who have nothing else to offer , try to appear to be above it all? Smart? Enlightened ? Gaslight . Say people who see things in a different way than they do ARE CRAZY NEED A SHRINK. The truth is a guy like CHS 197 whatever it is , he is a complete moron who adds ZIP the null set , absolutely nothing to all conservations , as even ALL HIS LOYAL 90 PERCENT OF ALL PEOPLE OUTHERE , who if pressed deep down know this guy is a loser with no real contribution. Admit it you guys who have stuck up for this guy , are EMBARRASSED . You know you are . The only reason this moron is comfortable still posting is blind loyalty . Come on man , raise the bar this 1971 guy is the bottom of the lowest barrel
Old 06-13-18, 09:39 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by winbypin View Post
LOL. Trump the dictator. Happy. Please keep it going.
Simple thoughts VERY SIMPLE.
Old 06-13-18, 09:59 PM
All World

Quote:
Umm , simpletons like CHS who have nothing else to offer , try to appear to be above it all? Smart? Enlightened ? Gaslight . Say people who see things in a different way than they do ARE CRAZY NEED A SHRINK. The truth is a guy like CHS 197 whatever it is , he is a complete moron who adds ZIP the null set , absolutely nothing to all conservations , as even ALL HIS LOYAL 90 PERCENT OF ALL PEOPLE OUTHERE , who if pressed deep down know this guy is a loser with no real contribution. Admit it you guys who have stuck up for this guy , are EMBARRASSED . You know you are . The only reason this moron is comfortable still posting is blind loyalty . Come on man , raise the bar this 1971 guy is the bottom of the lowest barrel
Good lord this is ironic.
Old 06-13-18, 10:10 PM
All World

Mikey Cohen is seeking new lawyers at this late date? Hmm Wow this is getting good. Ghost sticking up for a total moron .

Ghosty ? Quick question , you take CHS over me in any debate? Any amount of money chap . Give me your reasoning for taking him .
Old 06-14-18, 07:38 AM
All World

Quote:
Mikey Cohen is seeking new lawyers at this late date? Hmm Wow this is getting good. Ghost sticking up for a total moron .

Ghosty ? Quick question , you take CHS over me in any debate? Any amount of money chap . Give me your reasoning for taking him .
I didn't stick up for anyone. I said your post was ironic.

You've called me ignorant how many times? Why would you want me to validate you?
Old 06-14-18, 09:00 AM
All World

Quote:
Say people who see things in a different way than they do ARE CRAZY NEED A SHRINK.
I don't have a problem with people who see things in a different way. They can be enlightening, or at least entertaining.

I do not have much appreciation though for people who see things in a stupid way. I realize that making fun of you makes me a bully, but it seems I cannot help myself. Sorry.

Last edited by chs1971; 06-14-18 at 10:15 AM.
Old 06-14-18, 10:12 AM
All American

I realize you guys don't care (because Trump can do no wrong) but his Foundation being sued. (Que....but Clinton Foundation comments as response)

New York attorney general sues to dissolve Trump Foundation

New York Attorney General Barbara Underwood (D) filed a lawsuit against President Trump, the Donald J. Trump Foundation and members of the Trump family on Thursday, alleging that the charity has violated federal and state law.

The lawsuit, filed in the New York State Supreme Court, calls for the foundation to be dissolved.

“For more than a decade, the Donald J. Trump Foundation has operated in persistent violation of state and federal law governing New York State charities,” the complaint states.

“This pattern of illegal conduct by the Foundation and its board members includes improper and extensive political activity, repeated and willful self-dealing transactions, and failure to follow basic fiduciary obligations or to implement event elementary corporate formalities required by law.”

The complaint alleges that the charity provided illegal support to Trump’s 2016 presidential bid by using public funding to promote his campaign, and that the foundation raised more than $2.8 million to support Trump’s campaign.

The lawsuit also states that Trump used the foundation to cover legal fees, promote his properties and businesses.

“As our investigation reveals, the Trump Foundation was little more than a checkbook for payments from Mr. Trump or his businesses to nonprofits, regardless of their purpose or legality,” Underwood said in a statement.

“This is not how private foundations should function and my office intends to hold the Foundation and its directors accountable for its misuse of charitable assets.”
Old 06-14-18, 10:16 AM
All World

Don't care.

MAGA
Old 06-14-18, 10:28 AM
All World

Quote:
I realize you guys don't care (because Trump can do no wrong) but his Foundation being sued. (Que....but Clinton Foundation comments as response)

New York attorney general sues to dissolve Trump Foundation

New York Attorney General Barbara Underwood (D) filed a lawsuit against President Trump, the Donald J. Trump Foundation and members of the Trump family on Thursday, alleging that the charity has violated federal and state law.

The lawsuit, filed in the New York State Supreme Court, calls for the foundation to be dissolved.

“For more than a decade, the Donald J. Trump Foundation has operated in persistent violation of state and federal law governing New York State charities,” the complaint states.

“This pattern of illegal conduct by the Foundation and its board members includes improper and extensive political activity, repeated and willful self-dealing transactions, and failure to follow basic fiduciary obligations or to implement event elementary corporate formalities required by law.”

The complaint alleges that the charity provided illegal support to Trump’s 2016 presidential bid by using public funding to promote his campaign, and that the foundation raised more than $2.8 million to support Trump’s campaign.

The lawsuit also states that Trump used the foundation to cover legal fees, promote his properties and businesses.

“As our investigation reveals, the Trump Foundation was little more than a checkbook for payments from Mr. Trump or his businesses to nonprofits, regardless of their purpose or legality,” Underwood said in a statement.

“This is not how private foundations should function and my office intends to hold the Foundation and its directors accountable for its misuse of charitable assets.”
Guilty until proven innocent, amirite?

If it's found to be illegal then dissolve the sh*t out of it.

Excited to hear how this is related to Russia or Stormy though.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: