Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > Professional Basketball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 06-13-18, 09:36 PM
Yappi Yappi is offline
Go Buckeyes
 
Join Date: 04-15-01
Location: Ohio
Posts: 51,927
Yappi will become famous soon enough
Lakers want Lonzo Ball, Kyle Kuzma to tone down social media barbs

Quote:
The Los Angeles Lakers have spoken to Lonzo Ball and Kyle Kuzma about toning down their social media roasting of each other following a rap diss track that Ball released about Kuzma this week.

Though Kuzma and Ball are close friends, the Lakers had grown concerned about the increasingly personal nature of some of the recent roasting between two of their young stars, sources told ESPN.

The back-and-forth ribbing went on throughout their rookie season, escalating from tweets and Instagram posts to Kuzma's recent Bleacher Report "Player Hater of the Year" Award video making jokes at Ball's expense and Ball's response with the track titled "Kylie Kuzma" released on Monday.
Read more:
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...ial-media-jabs
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 06-14-18, 04:46 AM
Levi Levi is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 04-29-01
Location: Dehydrating the Blue Wave
Posts: 29,874
Levi is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Levi
LeBron would be a fool to play with these goofs.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-14-18, 08:32 AM
14Red 14Red is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 03-12-12
Posts: 3,901
14Red is an unknown quantity at this point
The Lakers organization and Magic Johnson are baffoons for falling for the Lonzo Ball show. Lavar is a joke and it's just going to end badly. The Lakers can't trade this guy fast enough.
LeVar is actually leveraging his "brand" to get all of his boys on the same NBA team. Mind you that at this point only 1 is in the NBA, and may not ever be good enough to stay.
What a crackpot!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-14-18, 12:03 PM
adselder09 adselder09 is online now
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 05-11-07
Posts: 13,922
adselder09 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Red View Post
The Lakers organization and Magic Johnson are baffoons for falling for the Lonzo Ball show. Lavar is a joke and it's just going to end badly. The Lakers can't trade this guy fast enough.
LeVar is actually leveraging his "brand" to get all of his boys on the same NBA team. Mind you that at this point only 1 is in the NBA, and may not ever be good enough to stay.
What a crackpot!
This thread has nothing to do with Lavar Ball. No one has mentioned anything about Lavar Ball on this basketball forum in weeks. You are the reason there are people like Lavar Ball - you can't let things go.

As for Lonzo, he will make it - he's a below average shooter but he has great court vision and rebounds extremely well. He has plenty of time to work on his shooting.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-14-18, 01:36 PM
joesports joesports is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 06-03-07
Posts: 2,792
joesports is on a distinguished road
A winning team cannot have their starting PG shooting 45% from the foul line ... big problem for Lonzo.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-14-18, 03:46 PM
14Red 14Red is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 03-12-12
Posts: 3,901
14Red is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by joesports View Post
A winning team cannot have their starting PG shooting 45% from the foul line ... big problem for Lonzo.
According to his dad, he was going to lead the Lakers to the playoffs this year...what a blowhard. And yet the media just keeps egging him on.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-14-18, 05:01 PM
clarkgriswold clarkgriswold is online now
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 08-28-07
Posts: 10,932
clarkgriswold will become famous soon enoughclarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by joesports View Post
A winning team cannot have their starting PG shooting 45% from the foul line ... big problem for Lonzo.
Goes well with his 36% field goal percentage. He makes Ben Simmons look like Mark Price.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 06-15-18, 04:49 AM
cabezadecaballo cabezadecaballo is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-06-12
Location: over here
Posts: 32,520
cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levi View Post
LeBron would be a fool to play with these goofs.
He could slap them down fairly easily under normal circumstances, but the hyper-aggressive Papa Lavar with instant media access and the will to use it complicates things immensely.

Lebron has had a tremendous advantage in his youth when compared to Lonzo. Lonzo would have been better off with a disengaged absentee dad and a solid mentor.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 06-16-18, 06:44 PM
Southwest Guy Southwest Guy is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-05-02
Posts: 13,618
Southwest Guy is on a distinguished road
Latest rumor is Cleveland wants to make Lonzo a center piece of the trade if Lebron goes Hollywood. This could be Manzellesque.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 06-16-18, 06:56 PM
Neopolitan Neopolitan is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 10-12-16
Posts: 4,909
Neopolitan is an unknown quantity at this point
Lonzo seems to have his head on straight. His father is obviously a complete idiot, but I don't think it's fair to compare him to Manziel. Can't help who your parents are.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 06-16-18, 06:59 PM
cabezadecaballo cabezadecaballo is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-06-12
Location: over here
Posts: 32,520
cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neopolitan View Post
Lonzo seems to have his head on straight. His father is obviously a complete idiot, but I don't think it's fair to compare him to Manziel. Can't help who your parents are.
Would it be weird for a legal adult to declare himself emancipated ?
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 06-18-18, 08:43 AM
14Red 14Red is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 03-12-12
Posts: 3,901
14Red is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by adselder09 View Post
This thread has nothing to do with Lavar Ball. No one has mentioned anything about Lavar Ball on this basketball forum in weeks. You are the reason there are people like Lavar Ball - you can't let things go.

As for Lonzo, he will make it - he's a below average shooter but he has great court vision and rebounds extremely well. He has plenty of time to work on his shooting.
You must be dumb or extremely naive. Anything Lonzo does has his Daddy's backing. It's all about "branding".

Lonzo is more style than substance. He's not going to make himself a good shooter, and his other skills don't make teams win. You'd have to custom fit a team of shooters around him. Lavar wants an NBA team to take "all his boys".
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 06-18-18, 09:01 AM
Taco MacArthur Taco MacArthur is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 03-14-17
Posts: 4,050
Taco MacArthur has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Assists, rebounding and hustle defense definitely help teams win. What a dumb comment lol. Lonzo is above average at all three and elite at generating assists. Saying that Lonzo won't be able to improve his shot after his rookie year, while arguing Fultz WILL be able to improve his shot after his rookie year, is an even dumber comment. Stay stupid, 14Red.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 06-18-18, 09:10 AM
14Red 14Red is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 03-12-12
Posts: 3,901
14Red is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco MacArthur View Post
Assists, rebounding and hustle defense definitely help teams win. What a dumb comment lol. Lonzo is above average at all three and elite at generating assists. Saying that Lonzo won't be able to improve his shot after his rookie year, while arguing Fultz WILL be able to improve his shot after his rookie year, is an even dumber comment. Stay stupid, 14Red.
I don't see Lonzo as a great defensive player, or are you just trying to add more skills to his resume. He actually appears pretty lazy. And as we've already determined, he gets assists and rebounds because A. he plays alot of minutes with the ball in his hands, and B. his minutes coupled with alot of 3 point shot misses by both teams, allows him to get more rebounds.
His numbers are hardly irreplaceable. He's a 3rd/ 4th guard on a mediocre to bad team.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 06-18-18, 09:39 AM
Taco MacArthur Taco MacArthur is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 03-14-17
Posts: 4,050
Taco MacArthur has a little shameless behaviour in the past
I didn't say Lonzo was a great defensive player. Llearn to read, dumb dumb.

He still rebounds and passes better than a lot of other players, who have been in the league much longer than him, who play similar number of minutes. In fact, there were 16 point guards who averaged 30+ minutes per game and played more than 41 games in the regular season. There's only one player who averaged more rebounds+assists per game than Lonzo and that's Russell Westbrook. So your point is irrelevant. Based on the fact he played on a mediocre to bad team and averaged the most minutes per game on the entire Lakers team, it's a fact he's a 1st guard on a mediocre to bad team. Any other indisputable facts you would like to be proven wrong on?

Last edited by Taco MacArthur; 06-18-18 at 09:58 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 06-18-18, 09:50 AM
Arrogate Arrogate is online now
All World
 
Join Date: 12-27-16
Location: Not in Price Hill
Posts: 4,734
Arrogate is on a distinguished road
I will also say PG is the toughest position with the highest learning curve. Lot of PGs take a bit to figure it out. Jury is still out on him, he may never be an elite shooter but he has other things to bring to the table.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 06-18-18, 10:28 AM
Neopolitan Neopolitan is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 10-12-16
Posts: 4,909
Neopolitan is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Red View Post
I don't see Lonzo as a great defensive player
His metrics on the defensive end were among the best of any point guard last season and he was only a rookie.

Quote:
He actually appears pretty lazy.
Not the impression I've got from him.

I get that his father is a POS, and you may be right in that Lonzo's game will never translate to the NBA, but you don't need to make stuff up.

It is amusing how much this family consumes you. Rare to see a grown man so triggered
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 06-18-18, 10:37 AM
Southwest Guy Southwest Guy is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-05-02
Posts: 13,618
Southwest Guy is on a distinguished road
Just watched Lonzo and the old man on Lip Sync battle a couple nights ago. They seemed to be enjoying life. Why not ?
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 06-18-18, 10:52 AM
Neopolitan Neopolitan is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 10-12-16
Posts: 4,909
Neopolitan is an unknown quantity at this point
Lonzo is a multimillionaire at 20 years old, 14red is a middle aged guy who by his own admission hasn't got a raise in 5 years
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 06-18-18, 11:13 AM
adselder09 adselder09 is online now
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 05-11-07
Posts: 13,922
adselder09 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Red View Post
You must be dumb or extremely naive. Anything Lonzo does has his Daddy's backing. It's all about "branding".

Lonzo is more style than substance. He's not going to make himself a good shooter, and his other skills don't make teams win. You'd have to custom fit a team of shooters around him. Lavar wants an NBA team to take "all his boys".
You calling me dumb or naive - that's funny. Lonzo is a great passer, above average rebounder for a PG and I have no doubt he will work to improve his shot. Lonzo at this point is a much better piece than Fultz.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 06-18-18, 11:26 AM
Southwest Guy Southwest Guy is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-05-02
Posts: 13,618
Southwest Guy is on a distinguished road
Biggest concern with Lonzo is free throw shooting. He had a decent year considering his age and what he walked into. Still think the Lakers would be good with his trade to Cleveland.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 06-18-18, 12:17 PM
joesports joesports is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 06-03-07
Posts: 2,792
joesports is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Red View Post
I don't see Lonzo as a great defensive player, or are you just trying to add more skills to his resume. He actually appears pretty lazy. And as we've already determined, he gets assists and rebounds because A. he plays alot of minutes with the ball in his hands, and B. his minutes coupled with alot of 3 point shot misses by both teams, allows him to get more rebounds.
His numbers are hardly irreplaceable. He's a 3rd/ 4th guard on a mediocre to bad team.
Lonzo is a bad on the ball defender (IMO) ... but he is a decent off the ball defender where he does get a good number of steals ... overall, to me he is an average to below average defender ... just not a good enough athlete to be anything more than average.

The main problem with Lonzo is he will never live up to the hype ... (IMO) he will be a middle of the pack PG ... if he is surrounded by the right personnel, he will be above average ... if not, he will be average at best ... not what he was hyped up to be.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 06-19-18, 04:22 AM
cabezadecaballo cabezadecaballo is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-06-12
Location: over here
Posts: 32,520
cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southwest Guy View Post
Just watched Lonzo and the old man on Lip Sync battle a couple nights ago. They seemed to be enjoying life. Why not ?
That's all fine on someone else's team.


Just say NO to the Big Baller Clown Show.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 06-21-18, 07:36 PM
cabezadecaballo cabezadecaballo is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-06-12
Location: over here
Posts: 32,520
cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neopolitan View Post
Lonzo is a multimillionaire at 20 years old, 14red is a middle aged guy who by his own admission hasn't got a raise in 5 years
Still chuckling over this one......
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 06-22-18, 02:04 PM
14Red 14Red is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 03-12-12
Posts: 3,901
14Red is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southwest Guy View Post
Just watched Lonzo and the old man on Lip Sync battle a couple nights ago. They seemed to be enjoying life. Why not ?

They should, they are laughing all the way to the bank, on the Lakers expense. Biggest sham in the NBA in years, and Magic and the Lakers fell for it hook line and sinker.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 06-22-18, 04:23 PM
Southwest Guy Southwest Guy is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-05-02
Posts: 13,618
Southwest Guy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabezadecaballo View Post
That's all fine on someone else's team.


Just say NO to the Big Baller Clown Show.
I figured the other Ball hater would jump on the hook first. My daughter called and said who are these basketball guys on this show she watches. I turned it on and started laughing and then turned it off. They were having fun but horrible to watch.

Maybe when he gets to Cleveland you guys will warm up to the family.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:44 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz