Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Boys Track & Field/Cross Country

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 10-22-17, 12:48 AM
All Ohio

CoventryTrackXCguy is on a distinguished road
We had never raced at Glen Oak prior to this year. It is unfamiliar when compared to Malone, a course our folks had raced every year since....a very long time. Malone is a strong course for us, there is almost something psychological to us about that course that we typically do well there, I dunno. Call it some kind of team tradition or something. Glen Oak doesn't come anywhere close to comparing to that for us, (and neither of the two times we raced there, we did particularly well at either, until today). Also, a couple of our varsity kids did not actually race at the "Malone" Invitational this year.

Last edited by CoventryTrackXCguy; 10-22-17 at 01:09 AM..
Sponsored Links
Old 10-22-17, 02:34 AM
All World

psycho_dad is on a distinguished road
Coventry; You don't get to chose the competition you run against. You beat who was put in front of you, so congrats for that. You were able to put a girls team out there and that's good too. Your boys beat Lutheran West which I was doubtful they could do. I felt going into the District, that Lutheran West was the team you had to beat to have a chance of advancing, and you did that. All good things that you need to build on. All that said, you would have been slaughtered at LCCC or Madison.
Old 10-22-17, 08:37 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho_dad View Post
Coventry; You don't get to chose the competition you run against. You beat who was put in front of you, so congrats for that. You were able to put a girls team out there and that's good too. Your boys beat Lutheran West which I was doubtful they could do. I felt going into the District, that Lutheran West was the team you had to beat to have a chance of advancing, and you did that. All good things that you need to build on. All that said, you would have been slaughtered at LCCC or Madison.
I admit that I have not payed much attention to Lutheran West this season, and that was a mistake on my part. I had been tracking Springfield since the Dick Malloy 3k Invitational, Chippewa since last season, and had picked up on the grave threat Fairless had posed midway through this season. Lutheran West admittedly had caught me off guard. With that being said, something needs to be done about our vulnerability to district NDAB's whims. Relying on the benevolence of the NEDAB is poor policy. We need to improve to the point where it doesn't matter whose in our district, we get out regardless. d2 stark county may be down for now, but they will not stay down forever. Fairless and Chippewa will both return almost everybody. I have tremendous respect for Springfield's coaching. Tuslaw is down a bit, but not out. Marlington, a capable team, could drop to d2 again at some point. Lutheran West is a private school, we'd do well to not underestimate that. Triway, Tallmadge, Field, or even Woodridge could be at our district in the future. The only thing we can do is build ourselves up for whatever challenges get thrown our way.

Now, getting our 1 to state would be some nice icing on the cake for our season.

Last edited by CoventryTrackXCguy; 10-22-17 at 11:34 PM..
Old 10-22-17, 09:35 PM
Varsity

starcatcher8 is on a distinguished road
State not states
Old 10-23-17, 07:46 AM
Freshman

Spartan1969 is on a distinguished road
Great job Coventry. You guys had a great race and deserved to move on. Enjoy the journey. Will be there lending my voice cheering for a bunch of kids who I'm sure will bring their all! Good Luck at the Regional Meet!!!
Old 10-23-17, 01:46 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan1969 View Post
Great job Coventry. You guys had a great race and deserved to move on. Enjoy the journey. Will be there lending my voice cheering for a bunch of kids who I'm sure will bring their all! Good Luck at the Regional Meet!!!
I noticed on your profile that you are with Springfield. I just wanna say I have nothing but the utmost respect for the Springfield program, and their coach, Kevin Gorby. Kevin Gorby is someone who really goes above and beyond for the kids in your program, all the way down to the youth level. He has guided your team through some major graduation losses after your great 2015 season, and has rebuilt a lot of that in the last two seasons, which I am impressed by. I think your team will go on to do great things under his guidance. I personally would love to see a program from your school district grow to be well respected in the region. Best of luck to your Spartans going forward as well.

Last edited by CoventryTrackXCguy; 10-23-17 at 01:57 PM..