Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > Debate Forum

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 04-23-17, 10:43 AM
All American

19AL63 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by gneiss rocks View Post
CNN has been going nuts about this. It is seriously stupid funny to watch them keep trying to revive this non story. Watched this interview this morning as Carter Page turns the tables on the propagandist...
I really enjoyed watch the interview and soon realized if you do not answer the question the way CNN wants they just ask it again and again and again and if that does not get the answer they are looking for and wanting, ask the question again and then again. Really was fun to watch this again and again.
Old 04-23-17, 01:26 PM
All American

EagleGuy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 19AL63 View Post
I really enjoyed watch the interview and soon realized if you do not answer the question the way CNN wants they just ask it again and again and again and if that does not get the answer they are looking for and wanting, ask the question again and then again. Really was fun to watch this again and again.
Quite hilarious, eh? CP thought so, too. You could tell he wanted so bad to start rolling on the floor with laughter. Stayin' tuned...
Old 04-23-17, 01:29 PM
All Ohio

Neopolitan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Possessed View Post
And if you voted for Obama and his clown posse criminal organization... you owe everyone here an apology for bringing that freaking plague upon us.
Agreed.

cabe, when are you going to apologize to sldiebi for your two idiotic Obama votes?
Old 04-23-17, 01:53 PM
All Yappi

cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neopolitan View Post
Agreed.

cabe, when are you going to apologize to sldiebi for your two idiotic Obama votes?
I would still vote against McCain/Palin with the entire neo-con apparatus that was behind Bush still in place. If they had been there to administer TARP and reconfigure things after the economic downturn of '08, common people would have taken another one in the shorts. Similar concerns with Romney and a 'Pub legislature. I would probably vote "gridlock" again, even with Obama's "fiat legislation" of his second term. Trump has neutered much of it already.
Old 04-23-17, 02:00 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabezadecaballo View Post
I would still vote against McCain/Palin with the entire neo-con apparatus that was behind Bush still in place. If they had been there to administer TARP and reconfigure things after the economic downturn of '08, common people would have taken another one in the shorts. Similar concerns with Romney and a 'Pub legislature. I would probably vote "gridlock" again, even with Obama's "fiat legislation" of his second term.
Congrats on being a moron.
Old 04-23-17, 03:08 PM
All World

irish_buffalo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Congrats on being a moron.
Why? He explained himself and although you may disagree being a "moron" is not the case.

On another thread you admit to subscribing to Ann Coulter. I could call you a moron but that is cheap and would be very tit for tat. But I will point out that in following Ann it makes you one-way and predictable. I know what Ann Coulter is going to say before she says it just like I know what Rachel Maddow is going to say before she says it. They both make money off of dudes like you. Congrats, zero original thought.
Old 04-23-17, 03:11 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish_buffalo View Post
Why? He explained himself and although you may disagree being a "moron" is not the case.
If given the opportunity to revote in 08 and 12, you would still pick Obama after the cluster f*** that was his Presidency, then you're a moron. Sorry, there's no way to sugar coat it or be polite.
Old 04-23-17, 06:44 PM
All Yappi

Uncle Ted is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Agreed.

Lol. He will never live it down.

Yeah Cabe, apologize yo!
Old 04-23-17, 07:31 PM
Cooling Off

Possessed is on a distinguished road
I would seriously have voted for Satan himself before I would have voted for Obama. Vexed. Terribley vexed.
Old 04-23-17, 07:55 PM
All World

Quote:
If given the opportunity to revote in 08 and 12, you would still pick Obama after the cluster f*** that was his Presidency, then you're a moron. Sorry, there's no way to sugar coat it or be polite.
In a second.

What was a cluster? Economy was good and we did not enter into any new unnecessary wars. What was it? Transgender? Gay marriage? Health Care Reform (which was needed)? Which one got your goat to the point you consider it a "cluster".
Old 04-23-17, 10:06 PM
All American

Placeholder.
Old 04-24-17, 01:44 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Ted View Post
Lol. He will never live it down.

Yeah Cabe, apologize yo!
If Cruz had been nominated, I would have been forced to consider voting for the Hildabeast.....

Probably would have had to vote for chatch monkey Gary Johnson instead, though, because I couldn't stand either one. Iguess I could have thrown away my vote on GJ in '12, but that would have assisted Romney.
Old 04-24-17, 01:45 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleGuy View Post
Placeholder.
Gridlock for me, mostly. I voted gridlock.
Old 04-24-17, 06:15 AM
Cooling Off

Possessed is on a distinguished road
Quote:
In a second.

What was a cluster? Economy was good and we did not enter into any new unnecessary wars. What was it? Transgender? Gay marriage? Health Care Reform (which was needed)? Which one got your goat to the point you consider it a "cluster".
Lol healthcare reform to the time of a trillion dollars and less than 10% of the nation even uses it, and half of those previously had insurance. Economy was good? He had the slowest rate of growth of ANY president. And we doubled our debt by trillions. Don't even get me started on the corruption. And changing laws to accommodate less than 1% of the population? All a distraction to the truth that it was a disaster.
Old 04-24-17, 08:44 AM
All Yappi

SWMCinci is on a distinguished road
Quote:
In a second.

Under Obama, economic growth never got to 3% and averaged 1.55%. As bad as Bush was he averaged 2.1% and had 2 years at better than 3%. Under Obama the labor participation rate dropped by 3%. For job creation Obama lags behind Reagan, Clinton, and Bush I. Obama's 8 years in power created more debt for the American people than every other President combined. In most non-Kool Aid analysis, that would be a cluster.

If you are counting Iraq and Afghanistan as "unnecessary", then you'd have to also look at Obama's request to take on ISIS as "unnecessary", then there was the Libyan debacle. He kept us out of conflict, at the cost of our word and humanity in Crimea, Syria, etc. There's your second cluster.

I don't care about transgender or gay issues because it affects so few people, we spend less time and money on Christian issues and they are more dominant. No cluster but a waste of government time to even think about it.

Health care? Obama did NOTHING to improve health care, for anyone. No new hospitals were built. No new doctors were trained. No changes were made to government regulations to encourage medical innovation and development. The supply of medical devices didn't increase, the cost of health care did not go down. So, Obama did NOTHING for health care. The ACA (or as I call it Obamascam) is a failed plan for health INSURANCE that does nothing to improve health care, but does provide at least a fašade of insurance coverage for people at the expense of Taxpayers, business owners, and those currently insured. Even with hundreds of billions in subsidies, the coverages are poorly conceived (through government over-regulation to appease special interests), massively expensive, and fails to meet the needs of most subscribers. That would be your 3rd cluster.

Obama moves Jimmy Carter one step closer to immortality on Mount Rushmore.
Old 04-24-17, 12:00 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
If Cruz had been nominated, I would have been forced to consider voting for the Hildabeast.
Old 04-24-17, 01:45 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
My money would be fine either way

With Scalia's untimely death and the old libs still seated, the judicial appointment rights would have been a deal-breaker for Hildabeast, but it was fun to type that
Old 04-24-17, 02:05 PM
All Ohio

Two questions

1.) If Obama had run for a 3rd term, would you have voted for him again?

2.) If Trump had been the nominee instead of Romney in 2012 would you have voted for him over Obama?
Old 04-24-17, 03:07 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Two questions

1.) If Obama had run for a 3rd term, would you have voted for him again?

2.) If Trump had been the nominee instead of Romney in 2012 would you have voted for him over Obama?
Obama again - nah. He surprised me with his over-reach. Rolling back his legacy so easily now is no surprise, and makes him look like a token footnote. He must have thought Hildabeast a slam dunk.

Trump with the same platform ? F__ yeah. I'd waited 20 years for that.
Old 04-24-17, 03:11 PM
All American

jmog is on a distinguished road
In 2016 the only person I would have voted for Obama over is in the primaries against Clinton, she was worse.
Old 04-24-17, 04:49 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Obama again - nah. He surprised me with his over-reach. Rolling back his legacy so easily now is no surprise, and makes him look like a token footnote. He must have thought Hildabeast a slam dunk.

Trump with the same platform ? F__ yeah. I'd waited 20 years for that.
Obama's 2nd term was hardly any change of pace from his 1st. Not sure why you needed 8 years instead of 4 to realize you made the wrong choice. Better late than never I guess.
Old 04-24-17, 04:52 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWMCinci View Post
Under Obama, economic growth never got to 3% and averaged 1.55%. As bad as Bush was he averaged 2.1% and had 2 years at better than 3%. Under Obama the labor participation rate dropped by 3%. For job creation Obama lags behind Reagan, Clinton, and Bush I. Obama's 8 years in power created more debt for the American people than every other President combined. In most non-Kool Aid analysis, that would be a cluster.
Whoa...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs.../bush_rgdp.png

What about that -4+% at the end? How soon we forget. You must have been a kid when the economy crashed because I saw a lot of people get hurt. Heck, Carter had 3.3% growth. It is deceiving in today's world due to multiple factors.

I'll take slow and steady all day.
Old 04-24-17, 06:16 PM
All Yappi

Crusaders is on a distinguished road
2008 was not the fault of one administration
Old 04-24-17, 07:58 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusaders View Post
Or, of one group of people. Home buyers to investors and many more groups in between.

Last edited by EagleGuy; 04-24-17 at 09:21 PM.
Old 04-25-17, 07:44 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusaders View Post
For decades, young people were all told that total housing, utilities included, should not exceed 40% of gross. What changed, besides shameless lender greed and a childish lack of self-denial on the part of consumers ? Shouldn't there be something counter-intuitive about the "shopping for a payment, not a price" mindset at a variable rate ? Taking a car loan attitude to buying a home at a variable rate ? An "interest only" mortgage in a "bubble" period ? Really ? I mean, DUH.....

When it's common knowledge that we had been encouraging home equity borrowing ever since the "Reagan Tax Code" ended deductibility of all but mortgage interest, and we force banks to lend money to shaky earners in bad neighborhoods at variable rates - even while allowing bad loans to be instantly bundled and dumped - we should know that we have to "run" the economy a certain way. A need for sensible regulation should be obvious to all.

So, all that said, what frigging idiots could possibly think it's a good idea to briskly raise interest rates to "slow the economy" while gas prices are doubling and sucking up so much disposable consumer income ? To allow "retail" interest to double ?

Think back. The centerpiece of Bush's domestic economy was small businesses and housing construction/remodel spending. Inflated housing values were the engine of a false prosperity.

Blame for 2008 can be shared, but the severity was the fault of a pretty narrow group. It was so obviously due to happen and made worse by seeming stupidity that I have to wonder if it was intentional.
Old 04-25-17, 01:53 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
When it's common knowledge that we had been encouraging home equity borrowing ever since the "Reagan Tax Code" ended deductibility of all but mortgage interest, and we force banks to lend money to shaky earners in bad neighborhoods at variable rates - even while allowing bad loans to be instantly bundled and dumped - we should know that we have to "run" the economy a certain way. A need for sensible regulation should be obvious to all.
The bubble started before Bush II was governor of Texas, his problem was not putting a stop to it as Congress made changes to the laws and charters with regard to FNMA/FDMC. The drive to eliminate lending best practices from bankers started under Carter then accelerated under Clinton n order to expand home ownership to the poor and then as a function of race - taking income and credit worthiness out of the picture. If you are looking to place blame, Carter and Clinton deserve a large share from the Presidential side. But Congress really screwed the pooch by creating and then expanding various programs over many years to not only encourage abandoning best practices but rewarding banks that did.

It's not automatic on refi's today even if your credit is over 800 if your debt/income ratio is off kilter. So maybe the government and banks have learned their lessons.
Old 04-25-17, 02:08 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWMCinci View Post
The bubble started before Bush II was governor of Texas, his problem was not putting a stop to it as Congress made changes to the laws and charters with regard to FNMA/FDMC. The drive to eliminate lending best practices from bankers started under Carter then accelerated under Clinton n order to expand home ownership to the poor and then as a function of race - taking income and credit worthiness out of the picture. If you are looking to place blame, Carter and Clinton deserve a large share from the Presidential side. But Congress really screwed the pooch by creating and then expanding various programs over many years to not only encourage abandoning best practices but rewarding banks that did.

It's not automatic on refi's today even if your credit is over 800 if your debt/income ratio is off kilter. So maybe the government and banks have learned their lessons.
The point is that anyone and everyone with a lick of sense knew that the bubble was a reality. Only the destructive or the irresponsible would choose to cause rates to rise as they did while fuel prices were removing so much cash from the economy at large. THAT was Bush II et al.
Old 04-25-17, 03:23 PM
All Yappi

fish82 will become famous soon enough
At the risk of getting this back to something approaching the topic, the narrative that Russia is trying to interfere in the French election on LePen's behalf is gaining steam today.
Old 04-25-17, 04:54 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish82 View Post
At the risk of getting this back to something approaching the topic, the narrative that Russia is trying to interfere in the French election on LePen's behalf is gaining steam today.
So #1, I don't think there was any collusion between Trump and the Russians. If there were, it would be out there by now and there would be a sh!t storm to end all sh!t storms crashing the economy.

#2, IF the Russians actively tried to manipulate the US election or AT LEAST influence it or cause people to lose faith in the process you'd think trying it a 2nd time would not provide the same results and would more easily provoke global condemnation.

#3, I could see the 99% crowd, BLM, antifa, Assange and team, any number of terrorist or anarchists group doing it to destabilize the status quo.

#4, without the stupidity of Clinton, Podesta and the DNC what would the Russians (if it was them) really been able to accomplish? Kind of the same thing in France.
Old 04-26-17, 12:08 PM
All Ohio

I think most logical people have concluded the same 3 things from the beginning.

1.) Russia almost certainly tried/tries to influence foreign elections, much the same as I'm sure the US has throughout our history.

2.) It's unlikely anything Russia did swung the election for Trump. Nor would there have been anything worthy to "hack" if the Dems hadn't been filled with corrupt, spineless(and technologically inept) politicians.

3.) It's laughable to think Trump colluded with the Russians. A guy who I'm not sure even believed he could(or perhaps even wanted) to win wasn't going to risk his freedom.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: