Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 07-16-17, 05:27 PM
DaveDawg's Avatar
DaveDawg DaveDawg is offline
Bulldogs, Buckeyes & Browns!
 
Join Date: 03-25-05
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Posts: 1,962
DaveDawg is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to DaveDawg
First (official) high school football game at TBHOFS



The first official high school football game to be played at the $100 Million plus (Johnson Control's) Tom Benson Hall of Fame Stadium is coming Saturday, August 26.
It should be a night to remember! Make your plans now to attend and be a part of this historic evening.

McKinley will host three scrimmages before the opener, hosting Lakewood St. Edward on Wednesday, Aug. 9 at 11AM; Stow and St. Mary's Ryken on Saturday, August 12; and the OHSAA Jamboree game with Cleveland St. Ignatius on Friday, August 18 all at TBHOFS.

McKinley and Warren have not played each other in 14 years and McKinley has not defeated Harding since 1999 in losing the last four games in the series.
This series started in 1914 with Canton winning 32 of the 56 games, coming up with a tie once and losing 23 games.
McKinley will make the return visit to Warren in 2018 and it's very good to have Warren back on the Bulldog football schedule!

McKinley results vs Warren Harding
1914 _____ W _____ 35 - 06
1939 ______ L _____ 00 - 13
1940 _____ W _____ 34 - 00
1941 ______ L _____ 07 - 13
1942 _____ W _____ 39 - 13
1943 ______ T _____ 13 - 13
1944 ______ L _____ 26 - 27
1945 ______ L _____ 12 - 32
1946 _____ W _____ 27 - 00
1947 _____ W _____ 32 - 07
1948 _____ W _____ 25 - 00
1949 _____ W _____ 45 - 00
1950 _____ W _____ 19 - 07
1951 ______ L _____ 06 - 45
1952 ______ L _____ 19 - 29
1953 ______ L _____ 13 - 33
1954 ______ L _____ 06 - 07
1955 _____ W _____ 46 - 00
1956 _____ W _____ 60 - 12
1957 ______ L _____ 07 - 31
1958 ______ L _____ 06 - 18
1959 ______ L _____ 14 - 26
1960 _____ W _____ 14 - 00
1961 ______ L _____ 08 - 20
1964 _____ W _____ 34 - 08
1965 ______ L _____ 08 - 09
1966 ______ L _____ 28 - 29
1967 _____ W _____ 32 - 07
1968 _____ W _____ 20 - 00
1969 _____ W _____ 18 - 06
1970 _____ W _____ 23 - 07
1971 ______ L _____ 06 - 29
1972 _____ W _____ 14 - 12
1973 ______ L _____ 07 - 19
1974 _____ W _____ 19 - 06
1975 _____ W _____ 12 - 07
1976 _____ W _____ 06 - 00
1977 _____ W _____ 29 - 19
1978 _____ W _____ 20 - 00
1979 _____ W _____ 07 - 03
1980 _____ W _____ 14 - 03
1981 _____ W _____ 24 - 13
1990 ______ L _____ 15 - 34
1991 ______ L _____ 25 - 26
1992 _____ W _____ 17 - 14
1993 ______ L _____ 06 - 24
1994 _____ W _____ 16 - 13
1995 _____ W _____ 36 - 06
1996 _____ W _____ 10 - 09
1997 _____ W _____ 30 - 09
1998 _____ W _____ 20 - 16
1999 _____ W _____ 10 - 07
2000 ______ L _____ 26 - 28
2001 ______ L _____ 09 - 57
2002 ______ L _____ 07 - 38
2003 ______ L _____ 21 - 45
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 07-16-17, 05:29 PM
Spread All Day Spread All Day is online now
All World
 
Join Date: 06-25-11
Location: The valley
Posts: 4,438
Spread All Day is on a distinguished road
What's the scouting report for Harding this year?
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-16-17, 10:04 PM
ringer2 ringer2 is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 11-01-13
Posts: 434
ringer2 is on a distinguished road
What are the chances tickets will be available at the gate on game night?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-16-17, 10:28 PM
DaveDawg's Avatar
DaveDawg DaveDawg is offline
Bulldogs, Buckeyes & Browns!
 
Join Date: 03-25-05
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Posts: 1,962
DaveDawg is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to DaveDawg
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringer2 View Post
What are the chances tickets will be available at the gate on game night?
Highly likely
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-16-17, 11:39 PM
Buckeye Elite Buckeye Elite is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 08-10-14
Posts: 1,353
Buckeye Elite is on a distinguished road
Harding loses this one going away
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-17-17, 07:10 AM
eastisbest eastisbest is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 08-27-06
Posts: 16,376
eastisbest will become famous soon enough
Nice traditional match-up for first game. Maybe they can make it a double header with Cinci Taft and Akron Garfield (are there no schools named after Grant?)

Good luck!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07-17-17, 11:17 AM
OLDGOLD OLDGOLD is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 09-13-14
Posts: 154
OLDGOLD is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spread All Day View Post
What's the scouting report for Harding this year?
The Raiders return 4/5 of the O-line, a great receiver, and have a strong TB who saw a fair amount of time last year as a soph.
Deep and experienced at DT, will have to replace DE's and LB's. I believe return 2 who saw a lot of time in the secondary, at least one starter.
Special teams seems to be a work in progress every year.

Given the Bulldog enrollment, opening a new stadium, and the respect I have for Coach Reardon I think most folks will lean toward Canton in this one. It should be a lot of fun, glad to have The Bulldogs back on the schedule
Go Raiders
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 07-17-17, 12:01 PM
SLAGuy SLAGuy is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 01-11-17
Posts: 398
SLAGuy is on a distinguished road
Great matchup to christen the new stadium.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 07-17-17, 03:20 PM
OUcats82 OUcats82 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 10-14-04
Posts: 742
OUcats82 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastisbest View Post
Nice traditional match-up for first game. Maybe they can make it a double header with Cinci Taft and Akron Garfield (are there no schools named after Grant?)

Good luck!
May have to matchup Delaware Hayes against Akron Garfield.

Cincinnati Taft is actually named for Robert A. Taft, WH's son who was a Senator, hence Taft Senators.

The career center (vocational school) that serves a good chunk of Clermont County is named after U.S. Grant.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 07-17-17, 04:47 PM
Worm02 Worm02 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 08-31-03
Location: Warren, OH
Posts: 6,796
Worm02 is on a distinguished road
As a diehard WGH fan, I'm thrilled that we will be a part of the 1st ever game in TBHOFS! I always tell our youth about the classic WGH-McKinley rivalry and hopefully, it will be back to stay this time. When I was in the 8th grade in 1997, WGH played some of their home games at YSU's Stambaugh Stadium because there was an issue with Mollenkopf. YSU usually only opens the home side when they host high school games, but McKinley was #1 in the nation and sold the away side out. WGH got as close as 14-9 before the Bulldogs pulled away 30-9. I have the game film somewhere, so I'll have to find it and put it on my You Tube page. I have the '01 WGH-McKinley game on there.

Watching (Coaches) Reardon & Arnold the last couple years at 7 on 7, I had a feeling that they were up to something big and I'm glad that I was right. In fact, when the deal was sealed a while back, I got the news from Reardon before I could even talk to Arnold. This will be great for both programs!
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 07-17-17, 04:56 PM
BulldogBob BulldogBob is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 11-08-11
Location: Benson Stadium
Posts: 2,286
BulldogBob is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worm02 View Post
As a diehard WGH fan, I'm thrilled that we will be a part of the 1st ever game in TBHOFS! I always tell our youth about the classic WGH-McKinley rivalry and hopefully, it will be back to stay this time. When I was in the 8th grade in 1997, WGH played some of their home games at YSU's Stambaugh Stadium because there was an issue with Mollenkopf. YSU usually only opens the home side when they host high school games, but McKinley was #1 in the nation and sold the away side out. WGH got as close as 14-9 before the Bulldogs pulled away 30-9. I have the game film somewhere, so I'll have to find it and put it on my You Tube page. I have the '01 WGH-McKinley game on there.

Watching (Coaches) Reardon & Arnold the last couple years at 7 on 7, I had a feeling that they were up to something big and I'm glad that I was right. In fact, when the deal was sealed a while back, I got the news from Reardon before I could even talk to Arnold. This will be great for both programs!
Agreed. This is an historic series between two of the tradition-rich schools that made Ohio high school football the compelling weekend sport we still enjoy the most.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 07-18-17, 10:54 AM
Old Rider Old Rider is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 08-01-16
Posts: 133
Old Rider is on a distinguished road
7 or 7:30 kickoff?
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 07-21-17, 11:32 PM
DaveDawg's Avatar
DaveDawg DaveDawg is offline
Bulldogs, Buckeyes & Browns!
 
Join Date: 03-25-05
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Posts: 1,962
DaveDawg is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to DaveDawg
7pm

Individual tickets are not yet on sale. McKinley season tickets are available by contacting Ticket office.

When tickets go on sale, better get them fast.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 07-22-17, 06:40 AM
ringer2 ringer2 is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 11-01-13
Posts: 434
ringer2 is on a distinguished road
Will this game sell out?
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 07-22-17, 12:20 PM
murphy13 murphy13 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 07-16-06
Location: Port St. Lucie, Fl
Posts: 3,413
murphy13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringer2 View Post
Will this game sell out?
Unlikely.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 07-22-17, 01:39 PM
fleadog101 fleadog101 is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 03-18-13
Posts: 83
fleadog101 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by murphy13 View Post
Unlikely.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk
This could come close as there is nothing basically playing that night. A lot of Massillon contingent will be on hand as well a lot of other Stark county people.

They will come out to see the newness of the Stadium. This one will be possibly come close on thos facts.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 07-22-17, 01:55 PM
murphy13 murphy13 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 07-16-06
Location: Port St. Lucie, Fl
Posts: 3,413
murphy13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleadog101 View Post
This could come close as there is nothing basically playing that night. A lot of Massillon contingent will be on hand as well a lot of other Stark county people.

They will come out to see the newness of the Stadium. This one will be possibly come close on thos facts.
I really hope it does sell out. Didn't they increase the stadium capacity?

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 07-22-17, 02:23 PM
The Butler's Avatar
The Butler The Butler is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 11-02-02
Location: Perry Twp., Stark Co.
Posts: 8,222
The Butler is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by murphy13 View Post
Didn't they increase the stadium capacity?
Not really. And with temporary end zone seating, it may actually be less than it was 2 years ago.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 07-22-17, 08:16 PM
23xTigers 23xTigers is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 05-24-16
Location: City of Champions
Posts: 373
23xTigers is on a distinguished road
This first real game will come week 10! That's the one that matters. Can't wait to beat you in your new dog house! Go Tigers!
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 07-22-17, 10:23 PM
fleadog101 fleadog101 is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 03-18-13
Posts: 83
fleadog101 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Butler View Post
Not really. And with temporary end zone seating, it may actually be less than it was 2 years ago.
Fawcett capacity was 22,342 without standing room
Tom Benson capacity is 23,000 all individual seating and with out standing room.

Fawcett standing room max was 2,100
Tom Benson standing room is projected at 3,550
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 07-22-17, 10:26 PM
fleadog101 fleadog101 is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 03-18-13
Posts: 83
fleadog101 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23xTigers View Post
This first real game will come week 10! That's the one that matters. Can't wait to beat you in your new dog house! Go Tigers!
Not so fast on that one
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 07-23-17, 12:06 AM
DaveDawg's Avatar
DaveDawg DaveDawg is offline
Bulldogs, Buckeyes & Browns!
 
Join Date: 03-25-05
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Posts: 1,962
DaveDawg is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to DaveDawg
The temporary seating for this fall will match the projected 23,000 from prior news releases.
The 8/26 opener vs. Warren Harding by all accounts will be a sell out.
Is it now.? Nowhere close.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 07-24-17, 09:17 AM
Metacomet's Avatar
Metacomet Metacomet is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 12-10-04
Location: kent
Posts: 7,603
Metacomet is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDawg View Post
The temporary seating for this fall will match the projected 23,000 from prior news releases.
The 8/26 opener vs. Warren Harding by all accounts will be a sell out.
Is it now.? Nowhere close.
I want to see this game. How can I, not affiliated with either school, obtain tickets? It should be a great atmosphere. Certainly two fan bases who love and appreciate great high school football.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 07-24-17, 03:13 PM
yj_runfan yj_runfan is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 10-05-07
Posts: 1,374
yj_runfan is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastisbest View Post
Nice traditional match-up for first game. Maybe they can make it a double header with Cinci Taft and Akron Garfield (are there no schools named after Grant?)

Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OUcats82 View Post
May have to matchup Delaware Hayes against Akron Garfield.

Cincinnati Taft is actually named for Robert A. Taft, WH's son who was a Senator, hence Taft Senators.

The career center (vocational school) that serves a good chunk of Clermont County is named after U.S. Grant.
Why not William Henry Harrison? They have a football team.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 07-24-17, 03:17 PM
COACH_XYZ&12345 COACH_XYZ&12345 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 01-23-15
Location: Buds Corner
Posts: 608
COACH_XYZ&12345 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23xTigers View Post
This first real game will come week 10! That's the one that matters. Can't wait to beat you in your new dog house! Go Tigers!
If Massillon ever becomes relevant again I would believe you.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Barberton: A Coaching Legacy frecriss Barberton Magics 16 06-18-17 07:07 PM
Jr. High & Grade School Now has Divisional State OAC Wrestling 21 06-07-17 04:17 PM
2017 Softball Regional Pairings Yappi Softball 22 05-27-17 08:43 PM
2017 Massillon Tiger Baseball DB135 Massillon Tigers 14 05-19-17 05:12 AM
2017 Massillon Tiger Softball DB135 Massillon Tigers 15 05-11-17 01:16 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:40 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz