Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 07-14-17, 10:21 AM
Junior Varsity

fletcjt is on a distinguished road
Centerville 7 on 7

What team are all at Centerville this sat
Sponsored Links
Old 07-16-17, 09:22 AM
All Ohio

TippIsGreat is on a distinguished road
Saw Centerville, Northridge, Ponitz, Tipp and Greenville. Centerville was easily most impressive followed by Tipp, Ponitz, Greenville and Northridge. Ponitz really had good speed, they should compete very well this year.
Old 07-16-17, 08:19 PM
All Yappi

catscatscats is on a distinguished road
Wow comp was thick
Old 07-16-17, 08:35 PM
All Region

Eagle112 is on a distinguished road
Why would Centerville be playing those teams in a scrimmage?
Old 07-16-17, 08:39 PM
All American

America is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle112 View Post
maybe to make the kids feel good about themselves after a rough last couple of years...
Old 07-16-17, 10:18 PM
All American

unbiased1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Or maybe because it was the same teams that Coach Roberts set up last year & the new staff honored the agreement?
Old 07-17-17, 12:05 AM
All District

Ballboy000 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
It's just 7 on 7 - no real scrimmage where you may want equivalent size & talent. 7 on 7 has no correlation at all to what would happen score wise in a real game. It is good for working with the fundamentals of your receivers & pass defense, drops and route timing, progressions etc;. Some schools will run a pass defense geared just to stopping a 7 on 7 passing attack when in reality if they were running that defense in a real game the O-Coordinator would be running the ball against it and not passing.
Old 07-17-17, 10:40 AM
All Yappi

vamp2syd will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by catscatscats View Post
Wow comp was thick
lol
Old 07-17-17, 07:30 PM
All Region

Sorry for being a Troll. What you said Unbiased is the only logical explanation other than some sort of community relations outreach?

Ballboy000- I'm not trying to be rude but have ever been to Northride or Ponitz/the areas that feed those 2 schools? Ponitz is more of a academic school for the DPS, and they aren't there for sports and are the size of one Grade at Centerville 824 students of which 55% are female and 71% are economically disadvantaged! Northridge has 724 students grades 7-12 of which 52% are male and 87% are economically disadvantaged. Centerville has multiple Senior/Junior/Sophmore backups at wide receiver and DB that would easily start around Dayton/Miami Valley at these smaller schools, maybe not top WR/Cover corner but they would start. Greenville is struggling as a football program. Tipp City honestly shouldn't be with this group either but it's not as big as Centerville. Sorry for the rant but this is a disservice to Ponitz and NR kids and does nothing to prepare Centerville for a D1/GWOC schedule. Maybe their is a roster situation I don't know about, but hopefully Centerville gets going in right direction. Could you imagine Ullery Senior or Greg allowing this? I'm assuming younger Ullery had to adhere to exhisting schedule. Not to beat a dead horse but maybe AD still thought he was at WC. I could easily see WC instead of Centerville at this 7v7.
Old 07-17-17, 07:35 PM
All Region

How many 7v7 scrimmages are allowed by OHSAA?
Old 07-17-17, 08:41 PM
All American

America is on a distinguished road
Quote:
How many 7v7 scrimmages are allowed by OHSAA?
My understanding is you go to up to 10 since that is your max out on coaching days. Lots of schools go to 2-3 7v7 and some of them probably use more than their allotted 10 days of coaching in the summer.
Old 07-17-17, 09:16 PM
All Region

Hopefully they have Multiple 7v7s and they sent backups to this one.
Old 07-19-17, 10:33 AM
All District

Ballboy000 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Sorry for being a Troll. What you said Unbiased is the only logical explanation other than some sort of community relations outreach?

Ballboy000- I'm not trying to be rude but have ever been to Northride or Ponitz/the areas that feed those 2 schools? Ponitz is more of a academic school for the DPS, and they aren't there for sports and are the size of one Grade at Centerville 824 students of which 55% are female and 71% are economically disadvantaged! Northridge has 724 students grades 7-12 of which 52% are male and 87% are economically disadvantaged. Centerville has multiple Senior/Junior/Sophmore backups at wide receiver and DB that would easily start around Dayton/Miami Valley at these smaller schools, maybe not top WR/Cover corner but they would start. Greenville is struggling as a football program. Tipp City honestly shouldn't be with this group either but it's not as big as Centerville. Sorry for the rant but this is a disservice to Ponitz and NR kids and does nothing to prepare Centerville for a D1/GWOC schedule. Maybe their is a roster situation I don't know about, but hopefully Centerville gets going in right direction. Could you imagine Ullery Senior or Greg allowing this? I'm assuming younger Ullery had to adhere to exhisting schedule. Not to beat a dead horse but maybe AD still thought he was at WC. I could easily see WC instead of Centerville at this 7v7.
I follow your logic. Just commenting that 7 on 7 "match ups" are not really critical compared to real scrimmages. As Wayne's coach said the other day in an interview "we call it underwear ball or pajama ball and unfortunately that is all we can do up here this time of year due to Ohio rules". It's not real football - You are mainly working of fundamentals and timing. Many of the smaller schools have competitive talent at positions but just do not have the depth of the larger schools, often playing many on both sides of the ball. I know Ponitz has a few good ones and Tipps first line players are not shabby.