Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 07-12-17, 07:47 PM
vamp2syd vamp2syd is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-24-02
Location: Wayne 45 Centerville 8
Posts: 34,273
vamp2syd will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Picktowncentral View Post
Wayne is forfeiting already?! 😂
ha, no, Trotwood's lone loss will not come from Pick town....
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 07-13-17, 07:16 AM
member1 member1 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 09-19-05
Posts: 725
member1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by vamp2syd View Post
ha, no, Trotwood's lone loss will not come from Pick town....
I think the Rams get the Wayniacs this year. Hargrove has been unstoppable this summer on the camp circuit and the O-line is big and can move. The offense should be a showpeice, stopping folks is the question. But when in the last few years has the Trotwood Defense not stepped up during the regular season? I thin the will be fine. Heading into the playoffs unscathed.......
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 07-13-17, 09:18 AM
The Final Say The Final Say is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 10-15-07
Location: The Lengendary Ram Nation
Posts: 2,684
The Final Say is on a distinguished road
Central, Wayne

Quote:
Originally Posted by member1 View Post
I think the Rams get the Wayniacs this year. Hargrove has been unstoppable this summer on the camp circuit and the O-line is big and can move. The offense should be a showpeice, stopping folks is the question. But when in the last few years has the Trotwood Defense not stepped up during the regular season? I thin the will be fine. Heading into the playoffs unscathed.......
What about Troy? They too are a playoff team that has quite frankly had Trotwood's number of late. They held Hargrove to season lows a season ago. I think people overlook the fact that Troy is back on the map in a major way. Central and Wayne are who they are. What does Central return?
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 07-13-17, 09:36 AM
America America is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 06-20-15
Posts: 1,299
America is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Final Say View Post
What about Troy? They too are a playoff team that has quite frankly had Trotwood's number of late. They held Hargrove to season lows a season ago. I think people overlook the fact that Troy is back on the map in a major way. Central and Wayne are who they are. What does Central return?
If Trotwood somehow loses to Troy, Wayne, and Pickerington, they'll probably be sitting at home during week 11... anything can happen though. That's why they play the game
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 07-13-17, 03:47 PM
The Final Say The Final Say is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 10-15-07
Location: The Lengendary Ram Nation
Posts: 2,684
The Final Say is on a distinguished road
Troy

Quote:
Originally Posted by America View Post
If Trotwood somehow loses to Troy, Wayne, and Pickerington, they'll probably be sitting at home during week 11... anything can happen though. That's why they play the game
It is the most important game. Because it is the first game and has very high stakes.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 07-13-17, 04:22 PM
vamp2syd vamp2syd is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-24-02
Location: Wayne 45 Centerville 8
Posts: 34,273
vamp2syd will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Final Say View Post
It is the most important game. Because it is the first game and has very high stakes.
Where are they playing Troy at?
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 07-13-17, 06:31 PM
TroyTrojan05 TroyTrojan05 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 09-19-11
Posts: 4,051
TroyTrojan05 is on a distinguished road
Troy will very much be legit this year. They play at Trotwood.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 07-13-17, 06:46 PM
hoser hoser is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 08-19-13
Location: shangra-lah
Posts: 7,037
hoser can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyTrojan05 View Post
Troy will very much be legit this year. They play at Trotwood.
Uh, not a good situation for Troy.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 07-13-17, 07:21 PM
America America is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 06-20-15
Posts: 1,299
America is on a distinguished road
I think Troy fans are back and will be pretty loyal. I'm assuming they'll bring a large crowd. Does Trotwood bring anyone to their games? I know DPS doesn't at all and St. Mary's was the main body of support for Twood in the state semis/finals vs TCC and Archbishop Hoban
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 07-13-17, 09:09 PM
Picktowncentral Picktowncentral is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 11-11-09
Posts: 185
Picktowncentral is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Final Say View Post
What does Central return?
Tigers return 9 starters on offense and 8 on defense... Biggest losses at QB, RB, and MLB
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 07-13-17, 11:58 PM
The Watcher 2.0 The Watcher 2.0 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 10-22-13
Posts: 187
The Watcher 2.0 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyTrojan05 View Post
Troy will very much be legit this year. They play at Trotwood.
If Troy has some kids to replace the QB and RB and play just like them then I can say, they would give Trotwood defense something to worry about but if they don't and when I seen there JV play there is no QB in the stable like last years unless they are going back to the wing-t
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 07-14-17, 09:29 AM
TippIsGreat TippIsGreat is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 07-28-15
Posts: 843
TippIsGreat is on a distinguished road
Troy will be better than last year. There junior class is the best class they have had in a long long time.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 07-15-17, 04:53 PM
member1 member1 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 09-19-05
Posts: 725
member1 is on a distinguished road
I saw Trotwood today at the Northmont 7 on 7. They looked pretty good on the skill side of things. I think they beat every team I saw them play by 2 or 3 Td's. Watching them vs. Franklin was interesting. Some of the Franklin kids would get so excited about a nice play here or there. Trotwood would get a stop and score pretty easy. Just a different level of talent along with a different expectation for winning. My thoughts.... Montgomery is nice but he cleary gets love from that conference. The one question I do have is why the Twood QB from last year did not play much QB? He was playing a lot of WR and even some DB. The young kid they had throwing it looked pretty good but the Stevens-Pepers kid just brings them up a level.
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 07-16-17, 08:30 PM
The Watcher 2.0 The Watcher 2.0 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 10-22-13
Posts: 187
The Watcher 2.0 is on a distinguished road
II heard they was giving the young kid some reps because they have some more 7 on 7's
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 07-17-17, 12:27 AM
Ballboy000 Ballboy000 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 11-21-15
Posts: 172
Ballboy000 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by member1 View Post
The one question I do have is why the Twood QB from last year did not play much QB? He was playing a lot of WR and even some DB. The young kid they had throwing it looked pretty good but the Stevens-Pepers kid just brings them up a level.
Maybe the young kid is more accurate than Stevens-Pepers. I wasn't impressed with Stevens-Pepers as a passer the last two years. He finished 14th in a 20 team league in Pass Completion Percentage at 47.8% and 12th in QB Rating at 132.4 on 178 attempts. In contrast the kid that led the GWOC South in Passing was a Freshman from Fairborn that finished 4th in Pass Completion Percentage at 61.8% and 6th in QB Rating at 149.2 on 144 attempts.
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 07-17-17, 10:43 AM
member1 member1 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 09-19-05
Posts: 725
member1 is on a distinguished road
Stephens-Pepers was more of a play maker than a pocket accuracy guy. He made a lot of plays with his legs and a moving pocket. His QB rating is deceptive. His ability to throw on the run and make plays gives the Rams another multi denominational weapon.
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 07-17-17, 07:50 PM
Eagle112 Eagle112 is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 11-05-13
Location: Dayton, Ohio
Posts: 303
Eagle112 is on a distinguished road
Agreed. I'm looking forward to game vs Troy. Also was thinking same thing that Troy can't be better unless they can replace the QB and RB with better talent.
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 07-17-17, 08:27 PM
member1 member1 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 09-19-05
Posts: 725
member1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by member1 View Post
Stephens-Pepers was more of a play maker than a pocket accuracy guy. He made a lot of plays with his legs and a moving pocket. His QB rating is deceptive. His ability to throw on the run and make plays gives the Rams another multi denominational weapon.
Multi-dimensional...lol. Anyway how was. the 7 on 7 down at UD?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
100 Days left before the beginning of the 2017 Ohio High School Football Season IUDOGS Football 55 07-22-17 07:38 AM
2017 Division IV Schedules EagleFan Football 28 07-08-17 12:07 AM
2017 MHSBCA (Michigan!) Awards - 06/20/17 seclmw Baseball 0 06-20-17 06:57 AM
2017 Division III Schedules EagleFan Football 18 06-06-17 07:12 PM
2017 Division II Schedules EagleFan Football 31 06-06-17 07:11 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:41 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz