Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 07-04-17, 05:07 PM
All Yappi

clarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by DB 04 View Post
Nothing's official until it's official.
Then why'd you post it?
Old 07-04-17, 05:15 PM
All Region

Cougarfan22 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy27 View Post
I believe that only applied when Hoban had people with integrity running the school...
Transfer from Walsh is not a senior. He is a junior. He will sit his 5 games and join his team per OHSSA rules. Fake news.
Old 07-04-17, 06:59 PM
All Region

Quote:
Who is the replacement for Karg?
Word is she resigned. Not sure if a replacement has been named.
Old 07-04-17, 08:10 PM
All Yappi

Unless a freshman QB from Austintown is being named Admissions Director at Hoban, it would appear that yet another Hoban thread has been hijacked...
Old 07-04-17, 09:03 PM
All Region

Quote:
Resigned huh? Are you sure about that?
Just what I heard. Nothing concrete. Back to the original thread. QB I am told is pretty good and there will be a competition with the returning senior and JV QB from last year. Defense will once again be strong and the OL may be one of the best in the state. Plenty of playmakers on offense should provide another championship run. First game Vs IGGY will be tough and I would expect another game similar to last year vs EDS.
Old 07-05-17, 06:23 AM
All Region

Quote:
Why did you turn down Eds for round 2?
DB04 must work for CNN. Always after the fake news story. Throwing out garbage that he has no information on other than inuendo.

This was a thread about Hoban QB. DB04 continues to try and derail into the mud. Sad existence. Watch the trump CNN video and see what happens to fake news.

Your question implies that Hoban would not schedule St Ed's for round 2 this year. Instead Hoban scheduled the team that crushed St Ed's in 2016, St Ignatious for its season opener. Why this was done does not concern me as I am not involved with any decisions that are made at the school. So you would need to ask the AD at Hoban. Do u need his email address DB04? Look it up you may be surprised?
Old 07-05-17, 09:12 AM
All Yappi

This just in- Cougarfan22 is the scheduler for Hoban football.
Old 07-05-17, 09:22 AM
All World

Egret is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Why did you turn down Eds for round 2?
To schedule that patsy St. Ignatius.
Old 07-05-17, 09:36 AM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkgriswold View Post
This just in- Cougarfan22 is the scheduler for Hoban football.
👍
Old 07-05-17, 12:31 PM
All Yappi

Nope, no fake, just National Enquirer/TMZ level news.
Old 07-05-17, 01:55 PM
All Region

Quote:
I can't ask the assistant AD..I heard he was booted also.

It appears your athletic program is disorganized so I would be wasting my time. You guys had one school driving to Hobans baseball field and nobody from Hoban was there. There were arrangements via email to have the game.

It's not fake news if it's true.
That's the best you can do? Freshman baseball team no showed. assistand AD was asked to resign. New AD is none other than head football coach Tim Tyrell!!! Are you choking on your puke at this point? I can only hope! New assistant AD announced from St Thomas Aquinas. Another quality hire. Not disorganized at all. All athletic teams either competing for state titles or conference championships. Boys and girls at all levels.

I did hear St Ed's looking for new Dean of Academics. Posted on their web site. Must be falling apart according to DB04's twisted logic. Maybe DB04 should send in his resume.
Old 07-05-17, 05:49 PM
All Region

Hoban2019 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
The only great athletic success I am seeing now at Walsh is in girls' soccer. There was a day not long ago that they were state and/or national powers in football, baseball, girls basketball, cross country and wrestling, but each of those programs is well off its recent peak.
Women's swimming
Old 07-05-17, 07:13 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
He was the AD and still is the AD. I don't know why you think that makes me upset.

What everyone wants to know is who the new admissions director is. Is it Dealmedico?
No sport. You're the only one who gives a $h!+. The rest of us are here to discuss football, as opposed to you who's here to harp on his incessant obsession.
Old 07-05-17, 07:22 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
This will be really interesting if the new admissions director is. This will be interesting with enrollment of athletes.
Tap the doorknob 5 times, spin around 3 times, say Dealmedico until you run out of breath...then go take your Prozac.
Old 07-05-17, 08:22 PM
All Region

Quote:
He was the AD and still is the AD. I don't know why you think that makes me upset.

What everyone wants to know is who the new admissions director is. Is it Dealmedico?
Because you hate Tyrell and anything to do with Hoban. Kinda like the Media hates our president. No one cares about who the new admissions director is, but if it is Delmedico i would be very pleased. First class guy and cares immensely about Hoban.
Old 07-05-17, 09:21 PM
All Region

Quote:

This is too funny with your post.
Happy to entertain you.
Old 07-06-17, 08:16 AM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougarfan22 View Post
No one cares about who the new admissions director is, but if it is Delmedico i would be very pleased. First class guy and cares immensely about Hoban.
I disagree. He has a "win at all costs" mentality that in my opinion has hurt the school. As over-the-top as DB is about all things Hoban, there are some truths to what he is saying about this topic. If this is true, it would give him the keys to the kingdom. He could manipulate the admissions process to ensure continued success of the football team, to the detriment of the overall health of the school.
Old 07-06-17, 09:08 AM
All American

StarstoShine is on a distinguished road
From the prophet Hoban2019. The Absolute Truth has been spoken!!! Mr Haney is on the clock....
Old 07-06-17, 09:30 AM
All Yappi

I can see it's going to be another long year of Hoban threads. On October 1st, no one will know the name of their strong safety, but we'll all know the name of their freaking Admissions Director.
Old 07-06-17, 09:44 AM
All Region

Quote:
I can see it's going to be another long year of Hoban threads. On October 1st, no one will know the name of their strong safety, but we'll all know the name of their freaking Admissions Director.
The admissions director may turn out to be more important to the football program than the strong safety.
Old 07-06-17, 11:45 AM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoban2019 View Post
I disagree. He has a "win at all costs" mentality that in my opinion has hurt the school. As over-the-top as DB is about all things Hoban, there are some truths to what he is saying about this topic. If this is true, it would give him the keys to the kingdom. He could manipulate the admissions process to ensure continued success of the football team, to the detriment of the overall health of the school.
Not sure how he has hurt the school with a win at all costs attitude. Could you explain? I have seen high level athletes have to transfer out to the public school system because they could not remain eligible. I have also seen numerous students transfer back to their home schools because they could not earn playing time. And some transfer back due to the simple costs it takes to go to a private. I think Hoban works hard to give everyone a chance at a private Christ based education but it doesn't do anyone any good if they cannot do the work or thrive in that type of environment. I have only met Mike Delmedico a few times but he comes across as a professional and empathetic human being who loves Hoban and represents it well. Also it seems to me that all of Hobans athletic teams are thriving, not just football.
Old 07-06-17, 12:06 PM
Varsity

duckdodgers is on a distinguished road
Regarding St. Ignatius, is it a multi year deal or just single like St. Eds? I thought St. Ed's only wanted a one year game given this years commitments (2017) and to capitulate for a single game agreed to play at Hoban. I don't know that for fact.

Hoban will be fine. A bit of a bummer that they have an open week I believe. Some will say extra week to prep for St. V., but I actually think that advantage goes to Irish if healthy and have momentum.

I am excited to see what happens at the QB position. Should be fun to watch. Oh I forgot, not supposed to talk about fun and sports on these threads. Not meant at all posters before torches and pitchforks are brought out. Duck is out.
Old 07-06-17, 03:03 PM
All Ohio

Andy27 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Not sure how he has hurt the school with a win at all costs attitude. Could you explain? I have seen high level athletes have to transfer out to the public school system because they could not remain eligible. I have also seen numerous students transfer back to their home schools because they could not earn playing time. And some transfer back due to the simple costs it takes to go to a private. I think Hoban works hard to give everyone a chance at a private Christ based education but it doesn't do anyone any good if they cannot do the work or thrive in that type of environment. I have only met Mike Delmedico a few times but he comes across as a professional and empathetic human being who loves Hoban and represents it well. Also it seems to me that all of Hobans athletic teams are thriving, not just football.
It hurts the school when you are admitting students for athletics that don't meet the academic qualifications that normal students have to meet to attend the school.

Hoban does not just do this for football, but for other sports also. (I can speak with certainty about softball, not sure on others)

Ever since DelMedico came back the school has been his personal playground to run amok in. The way that the administration treats people has been awful ever since he came back.

They have been forcing out staff and faculty left and right. The former principal was forced out with one year left to hit max pension. They are forcing teachers out because of the atmosphere created. I have talked to several people that work there that described the staff/faculty mood as "on edge."

This is not a good school anymore.
Old 07-06-17, 03:31 PM
All Region

Quote:
It hurts the school when you are admitting students for athletics that don't meet the academic qualifications that normal students have to meet to attend the school.

Hoban does not just do this for football, but for other sports also. (I can speak with certainty about softball, not sure on others)

Ever since DelMedico came back the school has been his personal playground to run amok in. The way that the administration treats people has been awful ever since he came back.

They have been forcing out staff and faculty left and right. The former principal was forced out with one year left to hit max pension. They are forcing teachers out because of the atmosphere created. I have talked to several people that work there that described the staff/faculty mood as "on edge."

This is not a good school anymore.
Sounds like another former student with an axe to grind? Were you asked to no longer provide services to the school athletic department? I disagree with your assessment as Hoban not being a good school anymore. That is your opinion and you are entitled to it. Not sure why it keeps showing up on a thread about the teams QB? As far as Hoban sacrificing academic standards for athletes that goes on at about every high school and college in the US. Go grind your axe with DB04 at his mom's basement.
Old 07-06-17, 03:47 PM
All Ohio

Andy27 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Sounds like another former student with an axe to grind? Were you asked to no longer provide services to the school athletic department? I disagree with your assessment as Hoban not being a good school anymore. That is your opinion and you are entitled to it. Not sure why it keeps showing up on a thread about the teams QB? As far as Hoban sacrificing academic standards for athletes that goes on at about every high school and college in the US. Go grind your axe with DB04 at his mom's basement.
Academically it is fine, but there is no longer a sense of morality like there used to be.

They have put winning athletic titles above having values.
Old 07-06-17, 03:59 PM
All Region

Quote:
Academically it is fine, but there is no longer a sense of morality like there used to be.

They have put winning athletic titles above having values.
Sense of morality??? What does that have to do with winning athletic titles??? If the academics are fine which you state above and they are winning athletic titles then everyone should be thrilled. Best of both worlds!!

i guarantee there are many schools who would like to have that problem. Politics are everywhere in all walks of life and they suck. People thrive who don't do things the way we think they should. It's called life and no one ever said it was going to be fair.
Old 07-06-17, 04:09 PM
All Region

Quote:
I have only met Mike Delmedico a few times but he comes across as a professional and empathetic human being who loves Hoban and represents it well.
Yes, he does give that appearance.
Old 07-06-17, 04:27 PM
All Region

Quote:
Not sure how he has hurt the school with a win at all costs attitude. Could you explain?
He hired the current win-at-all-costs football coach, who came in and promptly played fast and loose with the OHSAA rules to the point that a cloud hung over the school for more than a year (and still does). (Yes, yes, I realize the coach was slapped on the wrist in the end, but it made the school look bad.)

After the girls basketball coach was fired by the previous AD, he did not back up the AD, but un-fired the coach. The previous AD (who was genuinely an empathetic man of great character) then promptly left at the end of the year, a big loss for the school.

My opinions only.
Old 07-06-17, 05:13 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoban2019 View Post
He hired the current win-at-all-costs football coach, who came in and promptly played fast and loose with the OHSAA rules to the point that a cloud hung over the school for more than a year (and still does). (Yes, yes, I realize the coach was slapped on the wrist in the end, but it made the school look bad.)

After the girls basketball coach was fired by the previous AD, he did not back up the AD, but un-fired the coach. The previous AD (who was genuinely an empathetic man of great character) then promptly left at the end of the year, a big loss for the school.

My opinions only.
In defense of the current football coach who you say plays " fast and loose", the incident of record was much to do about nothing. Talking to a kid at St Hilliary at an open house I believe that the coach was invited to by the school offficials. Turns out the student went to St Ed's I am told, and lo and behold, St Hilliary is designated as the feeder school for Hoban by the OHSSA. Meaning that the coach can go there to the school just like your local high school coach can go to his middle school and watch kids play.

Only cloud hanging over the school is people who continue to post about an event that was way overblown and affected absolutely nothing. Football coaches are hired to win and football is a brutal sport to play in and compete. It is not for the faint of heart which is where all of the whining comes from.

I know nothing of the girls basketball program other than they win.
Old 07-06-17, 06:27 PM
All Region

Paydirt is on a distinguished road
Having Delmedico and Tyrell running the show at the school would be detrimental to the school's well being and reputation. Several alums and families who attended the school prior to the current administration are not happy with what has become of a once fine institution.