Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 07-02-17, 10:05 PM
All Ohio

CoventryTrackXCguy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkgriswold View Post
The only great athletic success I am seeing now at Walsh is in girls' soccer. There was a day not long ago that they were state and/or national powers in football, baseball, girls basketball, cross country and wrestling, but each of those programs is well off its recent peak.

Walsh football will continue to struggle. They are well coached and well equipped but quite simply are not getting the level of athletes of Hoban and SVSM.
Probably it doesnt help Walsh that its traditional recruiting grounds in northern summit county have gotten much better at football, like Hudson and Woodridge. And these schools do so well academically, especially Hudson, that its becoming harder to justify paying 10k on top of school levies to send kids to walsh, now that Walsh's sports are hardly selling points outside of girls soccer.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
Old 07-02-17, 10:45 PM
All American

Henry37 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by DB 04 View Post
He's probably going to start.

One of the Blanchard brothers did transfer to Hoban. He is a transfer from Walsh Jesuit who played baseball and football for them. I'm pretty sure he's a senior transfer. Can someone verify that? I heard he's sitting out for 5 weeks for football.
Serious question. Didn't there used to be some rule -- or at least some sort of policy -- that the Catholic schools didn't accept senior transfers?
Old 07-03-17, 11:46 AM
All American

hsfan60 is on a distinguished road
Lamar Ball II

Quote:
I just hope they didn't take lunch to him or approach him in his school. That could cause years and years of Yappi drivel with little or no consequences to the program.

An eighth grader with an 18 minute video? Give me a break dad.
What a crock!
Old 07-03-17, 09:44 PM
All Region

Redwing is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Carl is doing great at Walsh vamping up their academic program. It was really good before, but now it's the real deal. Iggy made a mistake not hiring Carl. The athletic program just needs a few adjustments and they will be a force. Unfortunately, I see a coaching change after this year. Walsh has the best location to grab Summit, Cuyahoga, Medina, and Portage kids.
Correction on the Blanchard kid... the brother than transferred will be a junior this coming school year. His older brother is still at Walsh and will be a senior.
Old 07-04-17, 08:59 AM
All Ohio

Andy27 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry37 View Post
Serious question. Didn't there used to be some rule -- or at least some sort of policy -- that the Catholic schools didn't accept senior transfers?
I believe that only applied when Hoban had people with integrity running the school...
Old 07-04-17, 09:22 AM
All Region

DB 04 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy27 View Post
I believe that only applied when Hoban had people with integrity running the school...
Who's the next person that the school will shaft? Karg, the admissions director, is gone...who's the replacement?
Old 07-04-17, 09:29 AM
All Yappi

clarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Who's the next person that the school will shaft? Karg, the admissions director, is gone...who's the replacement?
Didn't you already answer that question on a thread that got shut down?
Old 07-04-17, 10:10 AM
All Region

Quote:
Didn't you already answer that question on a thread that got shut down?
Nothing's official until it's official.
Old 07-04-17, 05:07 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Nothing's official until it's official.
Then why'd you post it?
Old 07-04-17, 05:15 PM
All District

Cougarfan22 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy27 View Post
Transfer from Walsh is not a senior. He is a junior. He will sit his 5 games and join his team per OHSSA rules. Fake news.
Old 07-04-17, 05:39 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougarfan22 View Post
Transfer from Walsh is not a senior. He is a junior. He will sit his 5 games and join his team per OHSSA rules. Fake news.
Who is the replacement for Karg?
Old 07-04-17, 06:59 PM
All District

Quote:
Who is the replacement for Karg?
Word is she resigned. Not sure if a replacement has been named.
Old 07-04-17, 07:30 PM
All Region

Quote:
Word is she resigned. Not sure if a replacement has been named.
Resigned huh? Are you sure about that?
Old 07-04-17, 08:10 PM
All Yappi

Unless a freshman QB from Austintown is being named Admissions Director at Hoban, it would appear that yet another Hoban thread has been hijacked...
Old 07-04-17, 09:03 PM
All District

Quote:
Resigned huh? Are you sure about that?
Just what I heard. Nothing concrete. Back to the original thread. QB I am told is pretty good and there will be a competition with the returning senior and JV QB from last year. Defense will once again be strong and the OL may be one of the best in the state. Plenty of playmakers on offense should provide another championship run. First game Vs IGGY will be tough and I would expect another game similar to last year vs EDS.
Old 07-05-17, 04:14 AM
All Region

Quote:
Just what I heard. Nothing concrete. Back to the original thread. QB I am told is pretty good and there will be a competition with the returning senior and JV QB from last year. Defense will once again be strong and the OL may be one of the best in the state. Plenty of playmakers on offense should provide another championship run. First game Vs IGGY will be tough and I would expect another game similar to last year vs EDS.
Why did you turn down Eds for round 2?
Old 07-05-17, 06:23 AM
All District

Quote:
DB04 must work for CNN. Always after the fake news story. Throwing out garbage that he has no information on other than inuendo.

This was a thread about Hoban QB. DB04 continues to try and derail into the mud. Sad existence. Watch the trump CNN video and see what happens to fake news.

Your question implies that Hoban would not schedule St Ed's for round 2 this year. Instead Hoban scheduled the team that crushed St Ed's in 2016, St Ignatious for its season opener. Why this was done does not concern me as I am not involved with any decisions that are made at the school. So you would need to ask the AD at Hoban. Do u need his email address DB04? Look it up you may be surprised?
Old 07-05-17, 09:12 AM
All Yappi

This just in- Cougarfan22 is the scheduler for Hoban football.
Old 07-05-17, 09:22 AM
All World

Egret is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
To schedule that patsy St. Ignatius.
Old 07-05-17, 09:36 AM
All District

Quote:
This just in- Cougarfan22 is the scheduler for Hoban football.
👍
Old 07-05-17, 12:19 PM
All Region

Quote:
DB04 must work for CNN. Always after the fake news story. Throwing out garbage that he has no information on other than inuendo.

This was a thread about Hoban QB. DB04 continues to try and derail into the mud. Sad existence. Watch the trump CNN video and see what happens to fake news.

Your question implies that Hoban would not schedule St Ed's for round 2 this year. Instead Hoban scheduled the team that crushed St Ed's in 2016, St Ignatious for its season opener. Why this was done does not concern me as I am not involved with any decisions that are made at the school. So you would need to ask the AD at Hoban. Do u need his email address DB04? Look it up you may be surprised?
I can't ask the assistant AD..I heard he was booted also.

It appears your athletic program is disorganized so I would be wasting my time. You guys had one school driving to Hobans baseball field and nobody from Hoban was there. There were arrangements via email to have the game.

It's not fake news if it's true.
Old 07-05-17, 12:31 PM
All Yappi

Nope, no fake, just National Enquirer/TMZ level news.
Old 07-05-17, 12:32 PM
All Region

Quote:
Nope, no fake, just National Enquirer/TMZ level news.
CNN has been pretty bad. They had 3 people resign.
Old 07-05-17, 01:55 PM
All District

Quote:
I can't ask the assistant AD..I heard he was booted also.

It appears your athletic program is disorganized so I would be wasting my time. You guys had one school driving to Hobans baseball field and nobody from Hoban was there. There were arrangements via email to have the game.

It's not fake news if it's true.
That's the best you can do? Freshman baseball team no showed. assistand AD was asked to resign. New AD is none other than head football coach Tim Tyrell!!! Are you choking on your puke at this point? I can only hope! New assistant AD announced from St Thomas Aquinas. Another quality hire. Not disorganized at all. All athletic teams either competing for state titles or conference championships. Boys and girls at all levels.

I did hear St Ed's looking for new Dean of Academics. Posted on their web site. Must be falling apart according to DB04's twisted logic. Maybe DB04 should send in his resume.
Old 07-05-17, 05:49 PM
All Region

Hoban2019 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
The only great athletic success I am seeing now at Walsh is in girls' soccer. There was a day not long ago that they were state and/or national powers in football, baseball, girls basketball, cross country and wrestling, but each of those programs is well off its recent peak.
Women's swimming
Old 07-05-17, 06:35 PM
All Region

Quote:
That's the best you can do? Freshman baseball team no showed. assistand AD was asked to resign. New AD is none other than head football coach Tim Tyrell!!! Are you choking on your puke at this point? I can only hope! New assistant AD announced from St Thomas Aquinas. Another quality hire. Not disorganized at all. All athletic teams either competing for state titles or conference championships. Boys and girls at all levels.

I did hear St Ed's looking for new Dean of Academics. Posted on their web site. Must be falling apart according to DB04's twisted logic. Maybe DB04 should send in his resume.
He was the AD and still is the AD. I don't know why you think that makes me upset.

What everyone wants to know is who the new admissions director is. Is it Dealmedico?

Last edited by DB 04; 07-05-17 at 06:47 PM.
Old 07-05-17, 07:13 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
He was the AD and still is the AD. I don't know why you think that makes me upset.

What everyone wants to know is who the new admissions director is. Is it Dealmedico?
No sport. You're the only one who gives a $h!+. The rest of us are here to discuss football, as opposed to you who's here to harp on his incessant obsession.
Old 07-05-17, 07:16 PM
All Region

Quote:
No sport. You're the only one who gives a $h!+. The rest of us are here to discuss football, as opposed to you who's here to harp on his incessant obsession.
This will be really interesting if the new admissions director is. This will be interesting with enrollment of athletes.
Old 07-05-17, 07:22 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
This will be really interesting if the new admissions director is. This will be interesting with enrollment of athletes.
Tap the doorknob 5 times, spin around 3 times, say Dealmedico until you run out of breath...then go take your Prozac.
Old 07-05-17, 08:22 PM
All District

Quote:

Because you hate Tyrell and anything to do with Hoban. Kinda like the Media hates our president. No one cares about who the new admissions director is, but if it is Delmedico i would be very pleased. First class guy and cares immensely about Hoban.