Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 02-23-17, 09:43 PM
All American

mrsimp06 is on a distinguished road
Winton Woods 2017

Now that the door is closed on the 2016 campaign let's discuss the upcoming season. The most pressing question what offense does the Warriors run next season.
*Begin
Sponsored Links
Old 02-23-17, 10:59 PM
All Yappi

DonMagicRon is on a distinguished road
The same spread. We have no choice with QB Mayberry, RB Williams, and Beachum, Gannaway and Prince in the slot. And Zyshaun Johnson and Jayden Myles on the outside. If we can get just average play out the online the offense should be explosive. Those skill players have been around a long time, highly experienced.

Last edited by DonMagicRon; 02-25-17 at 11:21 AM.
Old 02-24-17, 11:48 AM
All World

warriorblue is on a distinguished road
I predict more of the same.
Old 02-24-17, 02:18 PM
All Ohio

OUcats82 is on a distinguished road
Is the schedule finalized?
Old 02-24-17, 02:31 PM
All District

wideout4life is on a distinguished road
yep
08/25 H Clayton Northmont
09/01 A Cincinnati West Clermont
09/08 A Springboro
09/16 H Royal Imperial Collegiate (ON)
09/22 A Cincinnati La Salle
09/29 A Indianapolis Bishop Chatard (IN)
10/06 A Canton Central Catholic
10/13 H Cincinnati Elder
10/20 A Columbus St. Francis DeSales
10/27 H Cincinnati Archbishop Moeller
Old 02-24-17, 03:09 PM
All Yappi

The West Clermont game will be interesting. Gotta start strong and beat Springboro. And what happened with Akron STVM? Are we sure that Canton Central Catholic isn't actually STVM? And surprised not to see Watterson on the schedule.
Old 02-24-17, 03:19 PM
All Ohio

The Veer is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonMagicRon View Post
The West Clermont game will be interesting. Gotta start strong and beat Springboro. And what happened with Akron STVM? Are we sure that Canton Central Catholic isn't actually STVM? And surprised not to see Watterson on the schedule.
WWoods has been on the CCC schedule as well for quite awhile now. I have not heard anyone saying this game is not happening.

Canton Central Catholic 2017 schedule
08/25 A D4 Bellevue
09/01 H D2 Massillon Perry
09/08 A D1 Strongsville
09/14 A D6 Louisville St. Thomas Aquinas
09/22 H D3 New Philadelphia
09/29 N. Unknown Opponent
10/06 H D2 Winton Woods
10/13 H D1 Massillon Jackson
10/20 H D2 Wooster
10/27 N Unknown Opponent (Farrell, PA?)

Last edited by The Veer; 02-24-17 at 03:29 PM. Reason: Added Schedule
Old 02-24-17, 03:20 PM
All Yappi

The JV and Freshmen olines were both bigger than the varsity line last season. Lowery and McKnight will start again, and I assume one of the two will be the center. That leaves a battle royal for the other 3 starting oline spots.
Old 02-24-17, 03:22 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Veer View Post
WWoods has been on the CCC schedule as well for quite awhile now. I have not heard anyone saying this game is not happening.
I'm more comfortable with CCC than STVM but I don't like that it's an away game.
Old 02-24-17, 03:28 PM
All Ohio

The Veer is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I'm more comfortable with CCC than STVM but I don't like that it's an away game.
Some Central faithful are stating it might be a down year, so I would have to agree with that.

At least we wont back down when it comes time to travel there in 2018 I think its a 2 yr. with WW Home game next season.
Old 02-24-17, 03:29 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Veer View Post
Some Central faithful are stating it might be a down year, so I would have to agree with that.

At least we wont back down when it comes time to travel there in 2018 I think its a 2 yr. with WW Home game next season.
Sounds good
Old 02-25-17, 04:59 PM
All American

I'm surprised there is no return game with Jackson and Akron St.Mary. The schedule is a beast next year Moeller at the end of the year is worrisome. The O-Line has been suspect for many years from jumping offside to the inability to pick up a block, hopefully they put it together this year.
Old 02-25-17, 07:19 PM
All American

Irish60 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
As an Irish fan, I would have loved to see the Warriors on the schedule again. It would have been a great road trip to the Cincinnati area! It seems STVM usually tries to schedule a home-and-home series with schools, especially ones further away like Winton Woods. It only seems fair! Anyone have an idea why this wasn't a 2-game deal?
Old 02-25-17, 09:09 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsimp06 View Post
I'm surprised there is no return game with Jackson and Akron St.Mary. The schedule is a beast next year Moeller at the end of the year is worrisome. The O-Line has been suspect for many years from jumping offside to the inability to pick up a block, hopefully they put it together this year.
The schedule is no more difficult than it was last season. Gotta win the Northmont game. And the oline doesn't need to be spectacular, just play as an Unit, with pride, instead of five individuals. This is a special group of offensive skill players. There was a really slick reliever that played on the freshman and JV team last year. He wore #8 in the freshman games. What is his name? I thought it was Miquan Grace but was told that it's not.
Old 02-26-17, 06:43 PM
All American

Quote:
The schedule is no more difficult than it was last season. Gotta win the Northmont game. And the oline doesn't need to be spectacular, just play as an Unit, with pride, instead of five individuals. This is a special group of offensive skill players. There was a really slick reliever that played on the freshman and JV team last year. He wore #8 in the freshman games. What is his name? I thought it was Miquan Grace but was told that it's not.
I forget the kids name he is good, there is another wave of skilled players working there way threw the system, hopefully they stay in the system and keep there grades together. The schefule is more daunting this upcoming season.
Old 02-26-17, 08:30 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
I forget the kids name he is good, there is another wave of skilled players working there way threw the system, hopefully they stay in the system and keep there grades together. The schefule is more daunting this upcoming season.
Man I don't see the schedule being tougher. I guess the team from Canada is a real unknown. Glen Estes + Amelia= Glen Este. Moeller is an elephant on the schedule. At St. Francis Desalle is another beast game. I don't really think Elder will be any better than they were the past two seasons. LaSalle can't be any better. I think the schedule is about the same and it is very tough. I don't see a winning season.
Old 02-26-17, 08:54 PM
All Yappi

Defensive Line:
First time in 6 years that there is no Cage anchoring it.

DE Anthony "Tank" Booker. 6'4" 250LBs
NT Maurice "Booger" Chapman 6'0" 275LBs (very, very good)
DE M. Jones 6'3" 220LBs

Defensive line the position group that seems to be developed the best and coached up the most. And there is always depth developed from one season to the next. I can't say the same for any other position group.
Old 02-27-17, 08:49 AM
All Yappi

hoser can only hope to improve
Quote:
Man I don't see the schedule being tougher. I guess the team from Canada is a real unknown. Glen Estes + Amelia= Glen Este. Moeller is an elephant on the schedule. At St. Francis Desalle is another beast game. I don't really think Elder will be any better than they were the past two seasons. LaSalle can't be any better. I think the schedule is about the same and it is very tough. I don't see a winning season.
Uh, Columbus Desales loses 16 starters from the 2016 team. QB is back and one very good RB (6'2" 210 very fast) and one OT on offense. 1 very good LB back and the returning RB is also outstanding on defense. Overall as I see it, not near as good as last season. I think in any other division, Desales would have won the state last season. They just had the misfortune of running into Hoban, probably the best team in any division. Uh they also lost the 245 lb RB, who was the fastest kid on the field last year.
Old 02-27-17, 09:50 AM
All Region

Central OH Football is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoser View Post
Uh, Columbus Desales loses 16 starters from the 2016 team. QB is back and one very good RB (6'2" 210 very fast) and one OT on offense. 1 very good LB back and the returning RB is also outstanding on defense. Overall as I see it, not near as good as last season. I think in any other division, Desales would have won the state last season. They just had the misfortune of running into Hoban, probably the best team in any division. Uh they also lost the 245 lb RB, who was the fastest kid on the field last year.
DeSales brings back 8 starters this year, including 3 to-be seniors with multiple D1 offers each, and a D1 baseball commit who plays RB/DB. 4 starters on each side of the ball come back. OLine only brings back two guys. DeSales will be solid again, and they did have some depth this past year.

It'll be hard replacing Booth.. he was a tank and seriously was the fastest guy on the field a two 245lbs.

I was excited to see this game on the schedule.

Also to touch on another point, Bishop Watterson has been down for the past few years. They really need to lighten up the schedule because they are not who they were 5-10 years ago
Old 02-27-17, 10:36 AM
All District

wideout4life is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I think you are talking about demeer blaukumsee
Old 02-27-17, 12:56 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Central OH Football View Post
DeSales brings back 8 starters this year, including 3 to-be seniors with multiple D1 offers each, and a D1 baseball commit who plays RB/DB. 4 starters on each side of the ball come back. OLine only brings back two guys. DeSales will be solid again, and they did have some depth this past year.

It'll be hard replacing Booth.. he was a tank and seriously was the fastest guy on the field a two 245lbs.

Also to touch on another point, Bishop Watterson has been down for the past few years. They really need to lighten up the schedule because they are not who they were 5-10 years ago
Appreciate the info.
Old 02-27-17, 01:41 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by wideout4life View Post
I think you are talking about demeer blaukumsee
Yep. That's it. If he can find pleasure in the grind (get bigger and stronger)and really work on his craft he could be decent. Hopefully he can get some varsity reps as a receiver and on special teams.
Old 02-27-17, 01:42 PM
All Yappi

Quote:

8 starters coming back or 4 players that start both ways?
Old 02-27-17, 03:47 PM
All Yappi

hoser can only hope to improve
Quote:
8 starters coming back or 4 players that start both ways?
Uh all I can say is, of the 22 starters for Desales against Edgewood, 16 were seniors. Fact I was there.
Old 02-28-17, 09:56 AM
All Yappi

Quote:

I can't grasp that a prideful program like Watterson would purposely look to lighten up their schedule versus beefing up the program.
Old 02-28-17, 10:10 AM
All Yappi

There are a few bodies that will be fighting for time at LB.

OLB Chris Oates 6'4" 215LBs
ILB Markief White 6'1" 210LBs
ILB
OLB Evan Blackwell 6'2" 215LBs

Some players might be shuffled around. White could end up outside. And I think there is a Sophomore to be that could end up at the other inside. Or Oates could end up inside.Coach Parker and Coach Wilson probably already have an idea which way to go with this group.
Old 02-28-17, 10:18 AM
All World

Quote:
There are a few bodies that will be fighting for time at LB.

OLB Chris Oates 6'4" 215LBs
ILB Markief White 6'1" 210LBs
ILB
OLB Evan Blackwell 6'2" 215LBs

Some players might be shuffled around. White could end up outside. And I think there is a Sophomore to be that could end up at the other inside. Or Oates could end up inside.Coach Parker and Coach Wilson probably already have an idea which way to go with this group.
Oates won't be moved inside.
Old 02-28-17, 10:30 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorblue View Post
Oates won't be moved inside.
Is Urban Meyer making the call not to move Oates inside?
Old 02-28-17, 11:18 AM
Varsity

PAScompete is on a distinguished road
Hope to see this squad in the playoffs next year. On paper it seems they could really do some damage!
Old 02-28-17, 11:42 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAScompete View Post
Hope to see this squad in the playoffs next year. On paper it seems they could really do some damage!
Always looks good on paper but gets off to slow starts. Always losing close games, especially early in the season. The losses to Chatard, Northmont and Springboro were embarrassing and we just blew the STVM game. My early expectation is to go into the LaSalle game with a record of at least 3-1. Possibly 4-0 depending on the game at Springboro. We have a QB that entering his 3rd year as starter. There should not be any big adjustment period. We better hit the ground running in full stride.