Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > Major League Baseball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
  #2341  
Old 07-14-17, 03:47 PM
Indiandad Indiandad is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 07-28-16
Posts: 897
Indiandad is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastside_purple View Post
Very unlikely he's in the minors more than another year.
If they don't trade for a controllable 3B or sign one this off season then they will likely bring him up.

Just about anyone would be an upgrade at 3B right now for Boston.

If Devers is as good a prospect as they think he is Boston may take a little more time to develop him and to save his arbitration clock.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2342  
Old 07-14-17, 03:47 PM
adselder09 adselder09 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 05-11-07
Posts: 12,357
adselder09 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indiandad View Post
Because that stud 3B is a 20 year old who has played a whopping 77 games in AA.

If he comes up this season it is because they failed to make a trade.

They'll likely keep him in the minors for another year or two, possibly more.
I don't disagree with the notion that if he comes up this year it is because they failed to make a trade, but they're not trading for a guy like Suarez, they'd want more of a sure thing. Sure you'd like to give this kid in AA as much time as possible but if he can hit why wouldn't he be up next year, if not this year? You just said he's probably ready for AAA in an earlier post, the next step is MLB. Boston has had some good luck with some of their prospects moving up the line fast, wouldn't shock me to see him in September getting some PH chances if he continues to hit that well.
Reply With Quote
  #2343  
Old 07-14-17, 04:04 PM
Indiandad Indiandad is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 07-28-16
Posts: 897
Indiandad is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by adselder09 View Post
I don't disagree with the notion that if he comes up this year it is because they failed to make a trade, but they're not trading for a guy like Suarez, they'd want more of a sure thing. Sure you'd like to give this kid in AA as much time as possible but if he can hit why wouldn't he be up next year, if not this year? You just said he's probably ready for AAA in an earlier post, the next step is MLB. Boston has had some good luck with some of their prospects moving up the line fast, wouldn't shock me to see him in September getting some PH chances if he continues to hit that well.
Boston just released their AAA 3B so I would assume Devers gets called up to AAA soon. Maybe he hits at that level maybe he doesn't. He is an unknown. Either way he isn't their answer this year at third.
Reply With Quote
  #2344  
Old 07-14-17, 05:02 PM
eastside_purple's Avatar
eastside_purple eastside_purple is offline
Fake coolin' off
 
Join Date: 01-21-03
Posts: 66,724
eastside_purple is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indiandad View Post
Boston just released their AAA 3B so I would assume Devers gets called up to AAA soon. Maybe he hits at that level maybe he doesn't. He is an unknown. Either way he isn't their answer this year at third.
He'll definitely get a call up. Either way, it's 100% certain the Red Sox won't part with a Snydergaard type talent for Suarez.
Reply With Quote
  #2345  
Old 07-14-17, 05:04 PM
eastside_purple's Avatar
eastside_purple eastside_purple is offline
Fake coolin' off
 
Join Date: 01-21-03
Posts: 66,724
eastside_purple is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by adselder09 View Post
I don't disagree with the notion that if he comes up this year it is because they failed to make a trade, but they're not trading for a guy like Suarez, they'd want more of a sure thing. Sure you'd like to give this kid in AA as much time as possible but if he can hit why wouldn't he be up next year, if not this year? You just said he's probably ready for AAA in an earlier post, the next step is MLB. Boston has had some good luck with some of their prospects moving up the line fast, wouldn't shock me to see him in September getting some PH chances if he continues to hit that well.
He will definitely be up this year.
Reply With Quote
  #2346  
Old 07-15-17, 08:32 PM
EagleGuy EagleGuy is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 06-26-16
Location: Big Muskie, Morgan County
Posts: 1,738
EagleGuy is on a distinguished road
Ouch. Stick a fork in this one. Clean slate tomorrow for Bailey.
Reply With Quote
  #2347  
Old 07-15-17, 09:35 PM
14Red 14Red is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 03-12-12
Posts: 1,899
14Red is on a distinguished road
Two chances in the first 3 innings, two on, 0 out and you don't get to Scherzer. That about sums it up. Another good outing for Castillo. Really like the kid.
Reply With Quote
  #2348  
Old 07-16-17, 01:59 PM
EagleGuy EagleGuy is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 06-26-16
Location: Big Muskie, Morgan County
Posts: 1,738
EagleGuy is on a distinguished road
Yep. Murphy doing the damage today with two dingers - so far. Day game tomorrow. Strasburg v. Feldman.
Reply With Quote
  #2349  
Old 07-16-17, 02:08 PM
eastside_purple's Avatar
eastside_purple eastside_purple is offline
Fake coolin' off
 
Join Date: 01-21-03
Posts: 66,724
eastside_purple is infamous around these parts
Homer's awful.
Reply With Quote
  #2350  
Old 07-16-17, 02:12 PM
eastside_purple's Avatar
eastside_purple eastside_purple is offline
Fake coolin' off
 
Join Date: 01-21-03
Posts: 66,724
eastside_purple is infamous around these parts
The Cubs came out of the gate pretty hot in the second half. Pretty much a matter of time before they take control of the NL central.
Reply With Quote
  #2351  
Old 07-16-17, 02:12 PM
eastside_purple's Avatar
eastside_purple eastside_purple is offline
Fake coolin' off
 
Join Date: 01-21-03
Posts: 66,724
eastside_purple is infamous around these parts
Cozart's out another game. Christ. Too fragile; no trade value.
Reply With Quote
  #2352  
Old 07-16-17, 02:34 PM
Descartes Descartes is offline
Moderated User
 
Join Date: 11-06-16
Location: Trey=YRoevWadeisgood
Posts: 3,982
Descartes is an unknown quantity at this point
Bailey is done.
Reply With Quote
  #2353  
Old 07-16-17, 02:35 PM
Descartes Descartes is offline
Moderated User
 
Join Date: 11-06-16
Location: Trey=YRoevWadeisgood
Posts: 3,982
Descartes is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastside_purple View Post
The Cubs came out of the gate pretty hot in the second half. Pretty much a matter of time before they take control of the NL central.
They're trying to get Sonny Gray from Oakland. I think they'll take the Division, but the Nats and Dodgers look so damn good, hard to imagine one of them won't win the Pennant
Reply With Quote
  #2354  
Old 07-16-17, 11:28 PM
14Red 14Red is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 03-12-12
Posts: 1,899
14Red is on a distinguished road
Not a great start for the 2nd half. Not really sure why the rotation was set the way it was. Coming off 4 days off for the break, I'm setting my rotation up #1-#5. Adelman would be #4 or #5 in my mind. Step back today for Homer, I know some are frustrated, but this is going to happen sometimes with him. I just want him to keep piling up starts and staying healthy. The Nats may be the best team in the NL, so I'm ok so far. Castillo had a nice start yesterday. The key yesterday was having two great opportunities early and no runs.
Reply With Quote
  #2355  
Old 07-17-17, 09:38 AM
eastside_purple's Avatar
eastside_purple eastside_purple is offline
Fake coolin' off
 
Join Date: 01-21-03
Posts: 66,724
eastside_purple is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Red View Post
Not a great start for the 2nd half. Not really sure why the rotation was set the way it was. Coming off 4 days off for the break, I'm setting my rotation up #1-#5. Adelman would be #4 or #5 in my mind. Step back today for Homer, I know some are frustrated, but this is going to happen sometimes with him. I just want him to keep piling up starts and staying healthy. The Nats may be the best team in the NL, so I'm ok so far. Castillo had a nice start yesterday. The key yesterday was having two great opportunities early and no runs.
oh good, I was afraid the dumbest poster on the thread might not be okay. I agree, I just want Homer to get tons of starts, no matter how sh!tty he is.
Reply With Quote
  #2356  
Old 07-17-17, 10:47 AM
14Red 14Red is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 03-12-12
Posts: 1,899
14Red is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastside_purple View Post
oh good, I was afraid the dumbest poster on the thread might not be okay. I agree, I just want Homer to get tons of starts, no matter how sh!tty he is.
Did you say you work ok?

EP, I have no idea what you want the Reds to do with Homer? He's had 2 good starts out of 5, has not pitched in 2 years, we're not winning now and owe him a ton of money the next few seasons. Why not send him out there?? As I've said before, he's going to be just fine.
Reply With Quote
  #2357  
Old 07-17-17, 11:20 AM
eastside_purple's Avatar
eastside_purple eastside_purple is offline
Fake coolin' off
 
Join Date: 01-21-03
Posts: 66,724
eastside_purple is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Red View Post
Did you say you work ok?

EP, I have no idea what you want the Reds to do with Homer? He's had 2 good starts out of 5, has not pitched in 2 years, we're not winning now and owe him a ton of money the next few seasons. Why not send him out there?? As I've said before, he's going to be just fine.
Yeah, he'll probably return to his 4.35 era old self. Lucky us! So pathetic that's pretty much the best we can hope for out of Bailey anymore.
Reply With Quote
  #2358  
Old 07-17-17, 11:46 AM
14Red 14Red is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 03-12-12
Posts: 1,899
14Red is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastside_purple View Post
Yeah, he'll probably return to his 4.35 era old self. Lucky us! So pathetic that's pretty much the best we can hope for out of Bailey anymore.
For Homer in 2017, the most important stat is not ERA, it's innings pitched. Now unfortunately, Homer only has 21 innings in 5 starts this season, or 4 per start. But at this point, there is no other way to go with him. Now if we're another year or two down the road and this is his production, then you can make a tough decision on him, but for now, we need to see him pitch, and pitch for months, not weeks.
Reply With Quote
  #2359  
Old 07-17-17, 11:49 AM
Sig Hansen Sig Hansen is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 03-28-08
Location: the Reds will be fine.
Posts: 16,395
Sig Hansen can only hope to improve
Good job, good effort by Scott Feldman today.
Reply With Quote
  #2360  
Old 07-17-17, 12:11 PM
eastside_purple's Avatar
eastside_purple eastside_purple is offline
Fake coolin' off
 
Join Date: 01-21-03
Posts: 66,724
eastside_purple is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sig Hansen View Post
Good job, good effort by Scott Feldman today.
I was pretty happy he was able to get that inning of work in. I'm okay with it so far.
Reply With Quote
  #2361  
Old 07-17-17, 12:12 PM
Sig Hansen Sig Hansen is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 03-28-08
Location: the Reds will be fine.
Posts: 16,395
Sig Hansen can only hope to improve
Hopefully the poor performance didn't get to him so that he was still able to have a good time out there.
Reply With Quote
  #2362  
Old 07-17-17, 12:13 PM
eastside_purple's Avatar
eastside_purple eastside_purple is offline
Fake coolin' off
 
Join Date: 01-21-03
Posts: 66,724
eastside_purple is infamous around these parts
I'm hoping Disco and Finnigan can return and throw an inning or two of BP in some games this year too. ERA is unimportant to me.
Reply With Quote
  #2363  
Old 07-17-17, 12:14 PM
eastside_purple's Avatar
eastside_purple eastside_purple is offline
Fake coolin' off
 
Join Date: 01-21-03
Posts: 66,724
eastside_purple is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sig Hansen View Post
Hopefully the poor performance didn't get to him so that he was able to have a good time out there.
He must have forgot to smile, so Price pulled him.
Reply With Quote
  #2364  
Old 07-17-17, 12:59 PM
14Red 14Red is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 03-12-12
Posts: 1,899
14Red is on a distinguished road
Interesting the Reds would have day Monday game?? Can't imagine many would show up?
Reply With Quote
  #2365  
Old 07-17-17, 01:01 PM
eastside_purple's Avatar
eastside_purple eastside_purple is offline
Fake coolin' off
 
Join Date: 01-21-03
Posts: 66,724
eastside_purple is infamous around these parts
Probably a good strategy.
Reply With Quote
  #2366  
Old 07-17-17, 01:03 PM
Gh0st Gh0st is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 08-18-11
Posts: 2,838
Gh0st is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastside_purple View Post
I'm hoping Disco and Finnigan can return and throw an inning or two of BP in some games this year too. ERA is unimportant to me.
Right? All those past Cy Young winners probably got their award based on innings pitched.
Reply With Quote
  #2367  
Old 07-17-17, 01:08 PM
Arrogate Arrogate is online now
All American
 
Join Date: 12-27-16
Posts: 1,657
Arrogate is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Red View Post
How about that Homer Bailey???
Is he having fun out there?
Reply With Quote
  #2368  
Old 07-17-17, 01:44 PM
14Red 14Red is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 03-12-12
Posts: 1,899
14Red is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrogate View Post
Is he having fun out there?
Honestly, I bet he is at least enjoying having the ability to compete. Not being able to pitch the last few years was probably worse than getting beat around yesterday. I'm guessing you wouldn't understand that.

I'm tired of explaining Homer's situation to you guys who simply don't understand the big picture.
Reply With Quote
  #2369  
Old 07-17-17, 01:47 PM
Sig Hansen Sig Hansen is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 03-28-08
Location: the Reds will be fine.
Posts: 16,395
Sig Hansen can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Red View Post
Interesting the Reds would have day Monday game?? Can't imagine many would show up?
That's SOP for 4 game series ending on a Monday.
Reply With Quote
  #2370  
Old 07-17-17, 01:48 PM
Arrogate Arrogate is online now
All American
 
Join Date: 12-27-16
Posts: 1,657
Arrogate is on a distinguished road
I don't think anyone disagrees with your synopsis on Homer needs to pitch. They are paying him number 1 money to do just that. Anyone that expected him to improve his career numbers at this point after injury is fooling themselves. I thinks it more just razzing you a bit.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Boys State Championships (1976-2016) Yappi Boys Soccer 1 03-20-17 01:02 AM
Ohio Week 7 Schedule EagleFan St Edward Eagles 1 07-26-16 02:13 PM
Ohio Week 6 Schedule EagleFan St Edward Eagles 1 07-26-16 02:10 PM
Ohio Week 5 Schedule EagleFan St Edward Eagles 1 07-26-16 02:06 PM
2015 Football Conferences Yappi Football 34 08-03-15 01:45 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:29 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz