Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #301  
Old 07-16-17, 06:18 PM
Cougarfan22 Cougarfan22 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 08-27-16
Posts: 168
Cougarfan22 is on a distinguished road
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spread All Day View Post
I read this thread. That's what I know about him. Moved several times. You can read it too.

Don't come on here and sugarcoat this mercenary ball player mentality it's so obvious. Hoban doesn't matter to me. Happens everywhere.
Mercenary ball player! Is that what it's called? I thought he was just a 15-16 year old kid who loves to play football. Probably likes to compete and win. Probably works his #%"$ off every day of the year to get better. Attends lots of camps and has a personal coach. His parents probably have paid a lot of money for these advantages because he showed exceptional ability sometime when he was young. He may even have a dream of playing for a state championship or in college someday. So if the parents want to pay $11K a year and drive 30 minutes to and from school that's their choice. It's what makes America great.

The funny part about your comment is that you state " I read this thread, that's what I know about him". That is hilarious. Says everything.
Reply With Quote
  #302  
Old 07-16-17, 06:21 PM
DB 04 DB 04 is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 10-09-15
Posts: 440
DB 04 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougarfan22 View Post
What you want Hoban to be?? You make it sound like the student athletes that have come to Hoban from the public sector has somehow tainted the purity that was Hoban. I take offense at that. How well do you know these student athletes and their families? Why shouldn't they have access to the same quality education that a private school offers. Especially if they are paying the bill which most of them are. I also believe the basketball coach would disagree. With your assesmemt as he has also benefited from the success of the football team. Several of his best players are from the football team currently.

A lot of these student athletes are leaving the public schools because of the failure to educate and their liberal endoctrination that they are bombarded with on a daily basis. And it is the parent who makes the ultimate decision to send their child to Hoban. Your disdain for these students and their families that they somehow lessen Hoban is sickening.

I get your opinion loud and clear. And I have one that is much different.
And Hoban didn't have any liberal teachers there? You're drinking the Kool Aid there. There's some in there that despise conservative values.
Reply With Quote
  #303  
Old 07-16-17, 06:22 PM
Spread All Day Spread All Day is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 06-25-11
Location: The valley
Posts: 3,659
Spread All Day is on a distinguished road
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougarfan22 View Post
Mercenary ball player! Is that what it's called? I thought he was just a 15-16 year old kid who loves to play football. Probably likes to compete and win. Probably works his #%"$ off every day of the year to get better. Attends lots of camps and has a personal coach. His parents probably have paid a lot of money for these advantages because he showed exceptional ability sometime when he was young. He may even have a dream of playing for a state championship or in college someday. So if the parents want to pay $11K a year and drive 30 minutes to and from school that's their choice. It's what makes America great.

The funny part about your comment is that you state " I read this thread, that's what I know about him". That is hilarious. Says everything.


Are you his dad? Uncle? Something!

The thread has plenty of useful information. Obviously you don't have the information since you didn't realize the kid has moved several times and been "homeschooled". Have fun rooting for the 16 year old freshman for a year. He'll be at Eds soon enough.
Reply With Quote
  #304  
Old 07-16-17, 06:22 PM
DB 04 DB 04 is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 10-09-15
Posts: 440
DB 04 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougarfan22 View Post
Mercenary ball player! Is that what it's called? I thought he was just a 15-16 year old kid who loves to play football. Probably likes to compete and win. Probably works his #%"$ off every day of the year to get better. Attends lots of camps and has a personal coach. His parents probably have paid a lot of money for these advantages because he showed exceptional ability sometime when he was young. He may even have a dream of playing for a state championship or in college someday. So if the parents want to pay $11K a year and drive 30 minutes to and from school that's their choice. It's what makes America great.

The funny part about your comment is that you state " I read this thread, that's what I know about him". That is hilarious. Says everything.
The dad has burned some serious bridges with schools.
Reply With Quote
  #305  
Old 07-16-17, 06:39 PM
clarkgriswold clarkgriswold is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 08-28-07
Posts: 8,058
clarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spread All Day View Post
Are you his dad? Uncle? Something!

The thread has plenty of useful information. Obviously you don't have the information since you didn't realize the kid has moved several times and been "homeschooled". Have fun rooting for the 16 year old freshman for a year. He'll be at Eds soon enough.
Ed's is smart enough to run from trouble like that in most situations.
Reply With Quote
  #306  
Old 07-16-17, 06:48 PM
Cougarfan22 Cougarfan22 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 08-27-16
Posts: 168
Cougarfan22 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spread All Day View Post
Are you his dad? Uncle? Something!

The thread has plenty of useful information. Obviously you don't have the information since you didn't realize the kid has moved several times and been "homeschooled". Have fun rooting for the 16 year old freshman for a year. He'll be at Eds soon enough.
No I am not related and have never spoken to the young man. I am making observations from what I see and hear and from my experiences in playing and coaching sports for a large portion of my life. I don't pre judge a person based on what a bunch of trolls post on Yappi either. I give the benefit of the doubt to someone until proven otherwise. So to say things against a kid and his school choice and predicting he will be at another school next year is weak. I hope for the best and that this young man succeeds at Hoban and in life.
Reply With Quote
  #307  
Old 07-16-17, 06:52 PM
Cougarfan22 Cougarfan22 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 08-27-16
Posts: 168
Cougarfan22 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by DB 04 View Post
The dad has burned some serious bridges with schools.
What would you know about his dad and burning bridges? Oh that's right, you all get your information from the yappi thread which is 100% true. Laughable.
Reply With Quote
  #308  
Old 07-16-17, 07:23 PM
Spread All Day Spread All Day is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 06-25-11
Location: The valley
Posts: 3,659
Spread All Day is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougarfan22 View Post
No I am not related and have never spoken to the young man. I am making observations from what I see and hear and from my experiences in playing and coaching sports for a large portion of my life. I don't pre judge a person based on what a bunch of trolls post on Yappi either. I give the benefit of the doubt to someone until proven otherwise. So to say things against a kid and his school choice and predicting he will be at another school next year is weak. I hope for the best and that this young man succeeds at Hoban and in life.
It's not a prediction bud. It's a fact.
Reply With Quote
  #309  
Old 07-16-17, 07:30 PM
DB 04 DB 04 is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 10-09-15
Posts: 440
DB 04 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougarfan22 View Post
What would you know about his dad and burning bridges? Oh that's right, you all get your information from the yappi thread which is 100% true. Laughable.
You have no idea what I know
Reply With Quote
  #310  
Old 07-16-17, 07:49 PM
Cougarfan22 Cougarfan22 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 08-27-16
Posts: 168
Cougarfan22 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spread All Day View Post
It's not a prediction bud. It's a fact.
What is fact? That he will be at Ed's next year? you must be calling the shots for this young man with that statement? I think his parents may say otherwise. I like the added touch of you calling me Bud too. That makes me believe you even more! What a joke you guys are.
Reply With Quote
  #311  
Old 07-16-17, 07:52 PM
Cougarfan22 Cougarfan22 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 08-27-16
Posts: 168
Cougarfan22 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by DB 04 View Post
You have no idea what I know
If your posts are any sign of what you know I would say not much. Other than spewing hate on Hoban and sucking up to St Eds I haven't seen anything that resembles knowledge. I hear your mother knocking on the basement door. Dinners ready.
Reply With Quote
  #312  
Old 07-16-17, 07:55 PM
Spread All Day Spread All Day is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 06-25-11
Location: The valley
Posts: 3,659
Spread All Day is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougarfan22 View Post
What is fact? That he will be at Ed's next year? you must be calling the shots for this young man with that statement? I think his parents may say otherwise. I like the added touch of you calling me Bud too. That makes me believe you even more! What a joke you guys are.
What flavor is that kool aide ?
Reply With Quote
  #313  
Old 07-16-17, 08:06 PM
ndforever1967 ndforever1967 is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 08-17-14
Posts: 98
ndforever1967 is on a distinguished road
[QUOTE=y2h;6790787]just keeping score here...the starting varsity QB the last 2 years was a transfer from Massillon, last years JV QB was a transfer from Hawken and this years potential starting QB is a transfer from Austintown.

who needs a feeder system?[/QUOTE

Before the Massillon transfer, a StVM transfer started at QB in mid season
Reply With Quote
  #314  
Old 07-16-17, 08:14 PM
clarkgriswold clarkgriswold is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 08-28-07
Posts: 8,058
clarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougarfan22 View Post
If your posts are any sign of what you know I would say not much. Other than spewing hate on Hoban and sucking up to St Eds I haven't seen anything that resembles knowledge. I hear your mother knocking on the basement door. Dinners ready.
Just a head's up, the old "DB lives in his parents' basement" is old and tired, having been beaten to death long before you got here. It also detracts from the points you're trying to make.
Reply With Quote
  #315  
Old 07-16-17, 08:23 PM
Cougarfan22 Cougarfan22 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 08-27-16
Posts: 168
Cougarfan22 is on a distinguished road
[QUOTE=ndforever1967;6791100]
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2h View Post
just keeping score here...the starting varsity QB the last 2 years was a transfer from Massillon, last years JV QB was a transfer from Hawken and this years potential starting QB is a transfer from Austintown.

who needs a feeder system?[/QUOTE

Before the Massillon transfer, a StVM transfer started at QB in mid season
Correct. And the QB that lost his job then transferred to Upper Arlington.
Reply With Quote
  #316  
Old 07-16-17, 08:56 PM
DB 04 DB 04 is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 10-09-15
Posts: 440
DB 04 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougarfan22 View Post
If your posts are any sign of what you know I would say not much. Other than spewing hate on Hoban and sucking up to St Eds I haven't seen anything that resembles knowledge. I hear your mother knocking on the basement door. Dinners ready.
You need to do your homework on me. Better yet at least look up my credit score! That might give you a reality check.
Reply With Quote
  #317  
Old 07-16-17, 08:58 PM
DB 04 DB 04 is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 10-09-15
Posts: 440
DB 04 is on a distinguished road
[QUOTE=Cougarfan22;6791107]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndforever1967 View Post

Correct. And the QB that lost his job then transferred to Upper Arlington.
He did well at UA.

Last edited by DB 04; 07-16-17 at 09:20 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #318  
Old 07-16-17, 09:20 PM
Andy27 Andy27 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 08-28-16
Posts: 568
Andy27 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougarfan22 View Post
A lot of these student athletes are leaving the public schools because of the failure to educate and their liberal endoctrination that they are bombarded with on a daily basis.
You obviously don't know much about Hoban. There's quite a few liberal teachers there.
Reply With Quote
  #319  
Old 07-16-17, 09:46 PM
CoventryTrackXCguy CoventryTrackXCguy is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 10-28-15
Location: Coventry, Ohio
Posts: 611
CoventryTrackXCguy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy27 View Post
You obviously don't know much about Hoban. There's quite a few liberal teachers there.
Yeah. Id say Hoban is way more liberal than Coventry, or Green, or Manchester. I have a friend who went to Hoban, who said that one of the theology teachers was making a point in class that God sanctions homosexuality. Im not condemning or condoning that statement on here, but that is a very liberal statement that, if true (I trust this friend btw) speaks volumes about the influence of liberalism at Hoban. That statement is with out a doubt also inconsistent with catholic teachings, and as I understand it, Hoban is supposedly a catholic school. I personally think it would be better to send a child to a school where he or she would recieve no religious education, than a school that supposedly is run by people of my faith, yet teaches a theology that is contradictory in some aspects with my faith. And there are plenty of church youth groups/psr's etc that one could turn to to keep their teen rooted in their faith while in a public high school. Coventry high school for example has a prayer group that meets before school. Or at least they did at one time...

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #320  
Old 07-17-17, 04:39 AM
falguin falguin is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 11-04-12
Posts: 880
falguin is on a distinguished road
I don't think the kid should be vilified because he has chosen to go to Hoban. Obviously there are other reasons than he can start and get a scholarship. Fitch has put many kids in DI schools recently. Plus, if you're good enough, you can play at the worst school in the country and the scouts will find you. He may not start at Hoban; on the other hand, he would start at Fitch this year. I imagine the family likes Hoban's offense and education. But they should like Austintown schools because those people held him back because he wasn't ready for high school after being home schooled. This move actually puts more pressure on the kid. I imagine the age thing is not as bad as it sounds. He's probably 15 and will be 16 later on in the year, but as far as scholarships go, if he doesn't get to 6'1" of taller, he may not be able to get anything from the bigger DI schools.
Reply With Quote
  #321  
Old 07-17-17, 06:01 AM
Cougarfan22 Cougarfan22 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 08-27-16
Posts: 168
Cougarfan22 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by DB 04 View Post
You need to do your homework on me. Better yet at least look up my credit score! That might give you a reality check.
irrelevant.
Reply With Quote
  #322  
Old 07-17-17, 06:02 AM
Cougarfan22 Cougarfan22 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 08-27-16
Posts: 168
Cougarfan22 is on a distinguished road
[QUOTE=DB 04;6791123]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougarfan22 View Post

He did well at UA.
I am glad he was successful there.
Reply With Quote
  #323  
Old 07-17-17, 06:11 AM
Cougarfan22 Cougarfan22 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 08-27-16
Posts: 168
Cougarfan22 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoventryTrackXCguy View Post
Yeah. Id say Hoban is way more liberal than Coventry, or Green, or Manchester. I have a friend who went to Hoban, who said that one of the theology teachers was making a point in class that God sanctions homosexuality. Im not condemning or condoning that statement on here, but that is a very liberal statement that, if true (I trust this friend btw) speaks volumes about the influence of liberalism at Hoban. That statement is with out a doubt also inconsistent with catholic teachings, and as I understand it, Hoban is supposedly a catholic school. I personally think it would be better to send a child to a school where he or she would recieve no religious education, than a school that supposedly is run by people of my faith, yet teaches a theology that is contradictory in some aspects with my faith. And there are plenty of church youth groups/psr's etc that one could turn to to keep their teen rooted in their faith while in a public high school. Coventry high school for example has a prayer group that meets before school. Or at least they did at one time...

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
Liberal slant is everywhere in academia. Hoban is not immune that's for sure. I have heard it come home at times and we address it. Everyone must find what works for them when it comes to educating their child. Christ is at the center of the education at Hoban and that is what we wanted for our student.
Reply With Quote
  #324  
Old 07-17-17, 06:15 AM
Cougarfan22 Cougarfan22 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 08-27-16
Posts: 168
Cougarfan22 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy27 View Post
You obviously don't know much about Hoban. There's quite a few liberal teachers there.
Yea Andy I am aware of liberal teachers. Same as in every walk of life.
Reply With Quote
  #325  
Old 07-17-17, 08:12 AM
SummitCo SummitCo is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: 04-03-16
Posts: 40
SummitCo is on a distinguished road
To pay a head football coaches fine from OHSAA you would buy ten lockers?
Reply With Quote
  #326  
Old 07-17-17, 08:41 AM
DB 04 DB 04 is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 10-09-15
Posts: 440
DB 04 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by SummitCo View Post
To pay a head football coaches fine from OHSAA you would buy ten lockers?
It's all about the cause at Hoban.
Reply With Quote
  #327  
Old 07-17-17, 09:34 AM
DB 04 DB 04 is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 10-09-15
Posts: 440
DB 04 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougarfan22 View Post
Yea Andy I am aware of liberal teachers. Same as in every walk of life.
Now I can't really tell if you're that stupid or you're making an account just try to rile people up impersonating a hoban blowhard.
Reply With Quote
  #328  
Old 07-17-17, 09:53 AM
Irish60 Irish60 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 11-17-14
Posts: 1,353
Irish60 is on a distinguished road
While this may never sink to the level of venom and animosity of the Massillon-McKinley blood baths, this incessant (and generally irrelevant) back and forth between DB and Cougar has taken the pre-season lead for this year's Yappi's Most Vitriolic Duo Award... It's a long season guys... Relax!
Reply With Quote
  #329  
Old 07-17-17, 10:03 AM
DB 04 DB 04 is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 10-09-15
Posts: 440
DB 04 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougarfan22 View Post
If your posts are any sign of what you know I would say not much. Other than spewing hate on Hoban and sucking up to St Eds I haven't seen anything that resembles knowledge. I hear your mother knocking on the basement door. Dinners ready.
My posts keep on getting deleted but I'll try this one last time.

I'm pretty sure each Hoban locker was worth 500 dollars to donate and put your name on it. At my place, my coffee table is worth more than one Hoban locker, my TV is worth 3 Hoban lockers. Even my espresso machine is with 2 Hoban lockers. I want value in something I pay for or donate. I'm not even a high roller..I'm doing well and I have no complaints. Want more screenshots? You Hoban Kool Aid drinkers have been way off about me for a few years.

Why even waste my time donating at a school that even has its own faculty venting about academics, kids being slapped with huge bills and Hoban refusing to send their transcripts to their local schools, faculty being shafted right and left, a school violating OHSAA rules, a coach pulling a kid aside from a local grade school, and dealing with dads who have criminal records/recent arrests with kids on the football team! I'm sure they can talk to us about family values. Why don't you have them go in the Chapel chatting to the team before games about Catholic values. I have never seen a Catholic school play games and shaft Holy Cross brothers..that's just wrong!
Reply With Quote
  #330  
Old 07-17-17, 10:04 AM
DB 04 DB 04 is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 10-09-15
Posts: 440
DB 04 is on a distinguished road
Here you go CougarFan22
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0380.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	94.7 KB
ID:	1710  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Fenwick Duals December 27th-28th 2017 CoachCoffey Tournaments looking for teams, open tournaments, wrestling camps/clubs, etc. 14 06-12-17 10:45 PM
2017 Division III Schedules EagleFan Football 18 06-06-17 07:12 PM
2017 Division II Schedules EagleFan Football 31 06-06-17 07:11 PM
2017 Softball Regional Pairings Yappi Softball 22 05-27-17 08:43 PM
100 Days left before the beginning of the 2017 Ohio High School Football Season IUDOGS Football 0 05-15-17 07:42 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:36 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz