Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Boys Basketball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-02-19, 12:12 PM
Philly_Cat Philly_Cat is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 01-11-13
Posts: 3,850
Philly_Cat is on a distinguished road
St X Position Open

So I guess this is official now...

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 03-02-19, 12:28 PM
eastisbest eastisbest is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 08-27-06
Posts: 19,426
eastisbest will become famous soon enougheastisbest will become famous soon enough
love the copy and paste job description. Sure to garner copy and paste resumes leading to the job given to the pre-selected candidate (usually).


"mission centered leader...."
sorry, that was rude. Button pushed.




tough to be in the same league as Moeller. It would be a chore to find a schedule with wins so consistently lop sided against credible competition.

Last edited by eastisbest; 03-02-19 at 12:43 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-02-19, 01:22 PM
PURPLE REIGN PURPLE REIGN is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-17-01
Posts: 5,965
PURPLE REIGN is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastisbest View Post
tough to be in the same league as Moeller. It would be a chore to find a schedule with wins so consistently lop sided against credible competition.
St X should be a basketball power. They recruit the entire city and have 1600 boys in the school. With the endless amount of resources that school has, NO REASON they cant find 5+ stud basketball players in each grade.

Wasn't the current coach only there for one year? Why is he leaving already?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-02-19, 01:24 PM
CometCountry CometCountry is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 02-06-05
Posts: 3,206
CometCountry is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by PURPLE REIGN View Post
St X should be a basketball power. They recruit the entire city and have 400 boys in each class. NO REASON they cant find 5+ stud basketball players in each grade.

Wasn't the current coach only there for one year? Why is he leaving already?
Was just an "Interim head coach"--not a teacher--probably ideally want a teacher in the building. Maybe Higgins from Hamilton (St. X grad) would leave Big Blue after 1 year ---Of course Scott Martin is still in the building.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-02-19, 01:39 PM
birdog birdog is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 10-09-06
Posts: 1,224
birdog is on a distinguished road
Maybe they will poach one of the Moeller assistants. It worked for the baseball program. GBM
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-02-19, 02:30 PM
Ballin50 Ballin50 is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 04-21-12
Posts: 403
Ballin50 is on a distinguished road
IMO Iím going with Noszka or Neal...
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-02-19, 03:07 PM
JBaller JBaller is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 10-08-03
Posts: 4,289
JBaller is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by CometCountry View Post
Was just an "Interim head coach"--not a teacher--probably ideally want a teacher in the building. Maybe Higgins from Hamilton (St. X grad) would leave Big Blue after 1 year ---Of course Scott Martin is still in the building.
Martin was a very good coach until his kid got to high school. Then, for whatever reason, they stopped playing GCL-style basketball. They don't play methodic offense and physical defense the way they used to.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-02-19, 09:46 PM
deuces dad deuces dad is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 10-30-12
Posts: 305
deuces dad is on a distinguished road
Fleming’s job if he wants it
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-02-19, 10:35 PM
Omar Omar is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 11-05-16
Posts: 2,884
Omar is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBaller View Post
Martin was a very good coach until his kid got to high school. Then, for whatever reason, they stopped playing GCL-style basketball. They don't play methodic offense and physical defense the way they used to.
Things were going downhill before his son got to X.Even if you take Moeller out of the equation, he was still way underperforming. I donít know what exactly happened, but it was clear he just didnt have it anymore.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 03-04-19, 11:16 AM
ThePrepGuru ThePrepGuru is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 11-30-18
Posts: 85
ThePrepGuru is on a distinguished road
Dan Flemming = Mission Appropriate
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 03-04-19, 01:58 PM
Omar Omar is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 11-05-16
Posts: 2,884
Omar is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by deuces dad View Post
Flemingís job if he wants it
Him or his son? Not sure if youíre serious, but I know his oldest is a well respected member of the OH staff. Only issue is a matter of experience bc heís very young.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 03-04-19, 05:10 PM
America America is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 06-20-15
Posts: 1,791
America is an unknown quantity at this point
Kerr may apply. His Purcell Marian team should go to state in D3
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 03-04-19, 05:14 PM
cincyhoops cincyhoops is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 03-23-06
Posts: 2,486
cincyhoops is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by America View Post
Kerr may apply. His Purcell Marian team should go to state in D3
Not sure heíd be a good fit with St Xavier parents.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 03-04-19, 05:36 PM
BASESWIMPARENT BASESWIMPARENT is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 12-21-16
Posts: 464
BASESWIMPARENT is on a distinguished road
I think that X's former coach was a late hire due to "lack of attention to detail" problems that the coach that replaced Martin had. There were some teaching problems. I happened to watch the practice the day before the Princeton game. Not many athletes and a boring "set driven, pass around the perimeter centric offense." Need to get someone that is involved with basketball outside the regular season, establish a reputation and draw the players. On a different note, I thought X's baseball coach came form Middletown Fenwick. Did he coach at Moeller too?
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 03-04-19, 08:27 PM
GCPRO GCPRO is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 09-05-03
Location: sw ohio
Posts: 3,609
GCPRO
Coach Sherlock was at Fenwick prior to St. X but was an assistant at Princeton and Moeller prior to Fenwick. Didn't have much success at Fenwick but has been 74-61 in five seasons in Bomberland, 19-26 in the GCL with one league title and a regional berth.
Not to steal the Bomber basketball thread, just answering the question.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 03-04-19, 09:45 PM
Youknow Youknow is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 10-06-15
Posts: 754
Youknow is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by America View Post
Kerr may apply. His Purcell Marian team should go to state in D3
Nope. He wonít leave PM. Loaded with young talent again. If Iím st. X Iím throwing everything I can at Fleming or cov cath coach
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 03-05-19, 12:34 AM
BASESWIMPARENT BASESWIMPARENT is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 12-21-16
Posts: 464
BASESWIMPARENT is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCPRO View Post
Coach Sherlock was at Fenwick prior to St. X but was an assistant at Princeton and Moeller prior to Fenwick. Didn't have much success at Fenwick but has been 74-61 in five seasons in Bomberland, 19-26 in the GCL with one league title and a regional berth.
Not to steal the Bomber basketball thread, just answering the question.
Thank you
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 03-05-19, 01:58 AM
Lancermania's Avatar
Lancermania Lancermania is offline
Lancers lead the way!
 
Join Date: 08-23-04
Posts: 9,306
Lancermania is on a distinguished road
I heard a rumor today that Fleming may be interested. One of his stated reasons for leaving La Salle was to have time to watch his daughter Lexi's games at Mercy-McAuley. She leads the league (GGCL) in FG% and steals. second in assists, and third in scoring. http://ggcl.gclsports.com/bkStatistics.aspx?sat=15. Her team plays Wednesday in a regional semi-final game.

Last edited by Lancermania; 03-05-19 at 02:20 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 03-05-19, 06:37 AM
SMARTY22 SMARTY22 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 04-23-09
Posts: 1,954
SMARTY22 is on a distinguished road
Not sure if either would have interest but I think Ryan Fleming or Walt Gibler would do an outstanding job at St. X.

Last edited by SMARTY22; 03-05-19 at 03:06 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 03-05-19, 07:45 AM
PURPLE REIGN PURPLE REIGN is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-17-01
Posts: 5,965
PURPLE REIGN is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancermania View Post
I heard a rumor today that Fleming may be interested. One of his stated reasons for leaving La Salle was to have time to watch his daughter Lexi's games at Mercy-McAuley. She leads the league (GGCL) in FG% and steals. second in assists, and third in scoring. http://ggcl.gclsports.com/bkStatistics.aspx?sat=15. Her team plays Wednesday in a regional semi-final game.
Im not so sure. She is only a junior and then will move on to play in college. I'd think he would want to continue watching her play.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 03-05-19, 09:42 AM
yj_runfan yj_runfan is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 10-05-07
Posts: 1,780
yj_runfan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by PURPLE REIGN View Post
St X should be a basketball power. They recruit the entire city and have 1600 boys in the school. With the endless amount of resources that school has, NO REASON they cant find 5+ stud basketball players in each grade.

Wasn't the current coach only there for one year? Why is he leaving already?
Deer Park's rent-a-coach should be ready to move on. The ultimate recruiter.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 03-05-19, 10:18 AM
ThePrepGuru ThePrepGuru is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 11-30-18
Posts: 85
ThePrepGuru is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BASESWIMPARENT View Post
I think that X's former coach was a late hire due to "lack of attention to detail" problems that the coach that replaced Martin had. There were some teaching problems. I happened to watch the practice the day before the Princeton game. Not many athletes and a boring "set driven, pass around the perimeter centric offense." Need to get someone that is involved with basketball outside the regular season, establish a reputation and draw the players. On a different note, I thought X's baseball coach came form Middletown Fenwick. Did he coach at Moeller too?
I like your profile of what they should be looking for. Assuming he is retired from teaching, wouldn't Mike Price be a great candidate? He checks all of your boxes. Thoughts?
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 03-05-19, 10:19 AM
JElder JElder is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-30-02
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 13,728
JElder is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMARTY22 View Post
Not sure if either would have interest but I think Ryan Fleming or Walt Gilbert would do an outstanding job at St. X.
Gibler doesn't even coach. He's a realtor..
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 03-05-19, 10:20 AM
JElder JElder is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-30-02
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 13,728
JElder is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePrepGuru View Post
I like your profile of what they should be looking for. Assuming he is retired from teaching, wouldn't Mike Price be a great candidate? He checks all of your boxes. Thoughts?
Why would Price leave a job he's been at for 28 years to go to X and start over?
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 03-05-19, 10:26 AM
JElder JElder is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-30-02
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 13,728
JElder is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Youknow View Post
Nope. He won’t leave PM. Loaded with young talent again. If I’m st. X I’m throwing everything I can at Fleming or cov cath coach
Nozka from Wilmington would be a great fit as well. I'm sure Brian Neal from RB will be going after that job. After the disaster of hiring outside the area with Jimmy L I expect X to hire someone local. I'm sure the new AD has some Dayton ties too and I could see someone from up there taking over. The Butler Coach has been in the market but those are public school guys so I'm not sure how the finances would work out.

Last edited by JElder; 03-05-19 at 12:00 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 03-05-19, 11:52 AM
Kurt Rambis Kurt Rambis is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 04-15-17
Posts: 131
Kurt Rambis is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JElder View Post
Nozka from Wilmington would be a great fit as well. I'm sure Brian Neal from RB will be going after that job. After the disaster of hiring outside the area with Jimmy L I expect X to hire someone local. I'm sure the new AD has some Dayton ties too and I could see someone from up there taking over. Head Coach from Beavercreek has major ties to X. The Butler Coach has been in the market but those are public school guys so I'm not sure how the finances would work out.
Who is the beavercrrek coach with MAJOR ties to X?
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 03-05-19, 12:01 PM
JElder JElder is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-30-02
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 13,728
JElder is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt Rambis View Post
Who is the beavercrrek coach with MAJOR ties to X?
I made a mistake mentioning the Creek coach having major ties. I've since edited it out.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 03-05-19, 12:35 PM
Carl Rick Carl Rick is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 02-28-09
Posts: 2,826
Carl Rick is on a distinguished road
Nozka was finalist last time. Neal wanted it last time. The Fleming rumors are out there. New AD probably has his ideas.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 03-05-19, 01:12 PM
Kurt Rambis Kurt Rambis is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 04-15-17
Posts: 131
Kurt Rambis is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Rick View Post
Nozka was finalist last time. Neal wanted it last time. The Fleming rumors are out there. New AD probably has his ideas.
Noszca is great.
Neal...product of his talent. Not a fan.
Fleming would be awesome.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 03-05-19, 01:36 PM
ThePrepGuru ThePrepGuru is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 11-30-18
Posts: 85
ThePrepGuru is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JElder View Post
Why would Price leave a job he's been at for 28 years to go to X and start over?
New challenge. Much broader pool of potential talent. Tired of the mediocre talent at Oak Hills. Just to name a few reasons he might.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Teaching position open at East Clinton MS ECW2009 Wrestling 0 12-19-18 12:09 AM
Oak Hills Asking for More Money/Raising Your Taxes EHS 2001 Elder Panthers 76 08-08-18 05:01 PM
Oregon Clay HS has Integrated Math position open jarhead2 Wrestling 0 06-26-18 09:02 AM
2018 Unknown/Open Weeks - Updated 2/2 EagleFan Football 109 02-27-18 06:10 PM
History teaching position open - Blanchester BlanchesterAD Wrestling 0 07-10-17 07:05 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:20 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz