Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 07-13-17, 10:46 AM
All American

CoventryTrackXCguy is an unknown quantity at this point
PTC Metro Preseason

Alright almost football season. Time to get the PTC Metro discussions going.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-13-17, 11:00 AM
All Region

CometsB&G is on a distinguished road
PTC Metro Preseason

My predictions, probably way off
1. Woodridge
2. Coventry
3. Ravenna
4. Springfield
5. Streetsboro
6. Norton
7. Cloverleaf
8. Field

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-13-17, 01:12 PM
Varsity

chemlab is on a distinguished road
Woodridge will not be as deep as the last two seasons, but the talented senior class will probably be enough for them to take the Metro crown for a third year.

Bulldogs will not be short on talent with a 3 year starter at QB, and two 3 year starters paired together at LB and RB. All three who are coming off all state seasons, with a handful of other starters returning to support them.
Old 07-14-17, 05:53 AM
All Region

BuckeyeUrban is on a distinguished road
I'm hearing good things coming out of Springfield's camp. Spartans could surprise some teams this year if they stay healthy. Not very deep at key positions.
Old 07-17-17, 09:37 PM
All Ohio

SLAGuy is on a distinguished road
Field below Cloverleaf? Wow, what happened? Cloverleaf is 1-29 over the last 3 years. They bringing much back?
Old 07-18-17, 02:27 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLAGuy View Post
Field below Cloverleaf? Wow, what happened? Cloverleaf is 1-29 over the last 3 years. They bringing much back?
Field beat Cloverleaf 13-6 last year, Cloverleaf was young, I believe their rising Junior class is supposed to be decent and just my overall feeling of Field in the last few years is one of decline. I know they won the league in baseball this year but football, basketball and track have been in decline the last couple of years in my opinion

As being the smallest team in the Metro I would like to see them land for example a CVCA and push Field down to the County league and I think that would help both the Metro and County, just my opinion
Old 07-19-17, 08:09 AM
Junior Varsity

FalconFan25 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by CometsB&G View Post
Field beat Cloverleaf 13-6 last year, Cloverleaf was young, I believe their rising Junior class is supposed to be decent and just my overall feeling of Field in the last few years is one of decline. I know they won the league in baseball this year but football, basketball and track have been in decline the last couple of years in my opinion

As being the smallest team in the Metro I would like to see them land for example a CVCA and push Field down to the County league and I think that would help both the Metro and County, just my opinion
Field is VERY small for the Metro division...At least in terms of athletic participation. I totally agree that it would help both Metro and County if they were moved to the County division. That being said, Field's class of 2020 is extremely athletic. With their new football coach at the helm, don't be surprised to hear them make a little noise this year. They will definitely be an improved team over the next 3 seasons. The baseball team is in good shape, there are a couple of young stud wrestlers and the Track team will be on the rise as well.
Old 07-19-17, 08:57 AM
All World

psycho_dad is on a distinguished road
Quote:
For their sake, I HOPE NOT.
Old 07-19-17, 12:55 PM
All Ohio

smash mouth 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyJames View Post
Field is VERY small for the Metro division...At least in terms of athletic participation. I totally agree that it would help both Metro and County if they were moved to the County division. That being said, Field's class of 2020 is extremely athletic. With their new football coach at the helm, don't be surprised to hear them make a little noise this year. They will definitely be an improved team over the next 3 seasons. The baseball team is in good shape, there are a couple of young stud wrestlers and the Track team will be on the rise as well.
They hired another new coach this year?
Old 07-19-17, 01:26 PM
All Ohio

Field might turn in to a juggernaut if they were in the County division. They would be good in all sports in the division. They are in that too big/too small size school for their area right now.
Old 07-19-17, 01:45 PM
Junior Varsity

FalconFan25 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by smash mouth 34 View Post
They hired another new coach this year?
They did. The new Head Football Coach is Randy Moore. He was the head coach for Hiram College the past 6 seasons.
Old 07-19-17, 02:13 PM
All Ohio

Didn't know that Hiram had a football team. Field might be a better job if he's a teacher in the system.
Old 07-19-17, 02:33 PM
All World

Field is just fine where they are. In all other sports, Field is in the same division as nearly every school in the Metro. If football wasn't stupid with about 3 too many divisions, they would be right in the same division as the other schools in the Metro in Football. Field is the same size as Boro and barely smaller than Woodridge. If you take the number of boys Woodridge has on it's CC team, Field is drawing from the same number of boys.

CVCA is a terrible Idea and it's my opinion that the PTC should not mix private and public schools. Not real excited about the 2 in the County.
Old 07-19-17, 03:22 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho_dad View Post
Field is just fine where they are. In all other sports, Field is in the same division as nearly every school in the Metro. If football wasn't stupid with about 3 too many divisions, they would be right in the same division as the other schools in the Metro in Football. Field is the same size as Boro and barely smaller than Woodridge. If you take the number of boys Woodridge has on it's CC team, Field is drawing from the same number of boys.

CVCA is a terrible Idea and it's my opinion that the PTC should not mix private and public schools. Not real excited about the 2 in the County.
2 private schools in the county is the least of the county's problems right now.

BTW, For reference, These are the enrollment figs for the boys for 2017-2019:
-Metro
Norton 301
Cloverleaf 297
Coventry 296
Springfield 277
Ravenna 276
Woodridge 265
Streetsboro 251
Field 219

-County
Southeast 210
Crestwood 199
Garfield 175
Waterloo 153
Rootstown 139
Mogadore 118
Valley Christian 79
Lake Center Christian 69

*None of these schools besides Coventry are significantly impacted by competitive balance.

Last edited by CoventryTrackXCguy; 07-19-17 at 03:40 PM.
Old 07-19-17, 03:28 PM
All American

One possibility is Field goes to the county and Tallmadge joins the Metro. Tallmadge has an enrollment number of 299, making it a near perfect fit.

Or another possibility is Field goes to the Pac 8. Here are the pac 8 enrollment figures:

Northwest 242
CVCA 240
Orrville 199
Manchester 193
Tuslaw 191
Fairless 188
Triway 184
Old 07-19-17, 03:39 PM
All American

Come to think of it, Tallmadge to PTC Metro is something I actually would prefer.
Old 07-19-17, 05:21 PM
All Region

PTC Metro Preseason

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoventryTrackXCguy View Post
Come to think of it, Tallmadge to PTC Metro is something I actually would prefer.

Tallmadge is a good fit, competitively, enrollment & geography

Field is a better fit for County, get rid of the 2 stupid small schools they added & find 1 more school that fits those numbers & fix the county

Last edited by CometsB&G; 07-19-17 at 05:42 PM.
Old 07-19-17, 06:13 PM
Varsity

PTC Junky is on a distinguished road
Tallmadge is relevant in all sports except Football, can't see them wanting to leave SBL for PTC even if it meant having more success. I like idea of someone like Newton Falls, LaBrae or Cardinal. The PTC made huge mistake letting two private schools with no ties to Portage County in. Should of worked hard to keep Waterloo and Windham.
Old 07-19-17, 06:42 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTC Junky View Post
Tallmadge is relevant in all sports except Football, can't see them wanting to leave SBL for PTC even if it meant having more success. I like idea of someone like Newton Falls, LaBrae or Cardinal. The PTC made huge mistake letting two private schools with no ties to Portage County in. Should of worked hard to keep Waterloo and Windham.
I dont know much about ptc baseball. Tallmadge would find a competitive league for track, although im not sure how ptc metro track compares to suburban league american. Maybe basketball would be a downgrade, with only 4 schools really having healthy programs here at present. Make that 5 with Tallmadge replacing Field. PTC wrestling isnt too bad. I dont follow soccer. Woodridge is easily better than any suburban league team in cross country, but xc doesnt really factor into the decisionmaking process for athletic directors. Back to football, Tallmadge would certainly have a much better time accumulating harbins in the ptc metro. The schools you mentioned are fine for the ptc county, but not the metro. Id rather the ptc metro stay primarily in summit/ some portage county. Im not even fully on board with cloverleaf in the metro tbh. Sorry cloverleaf.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
Old 07-19-17, 07:32 PM
All American

Stizostedion
Quote:

Why, because Woodridge and CVCA are recruiting the same kids?
Old 07-19-17, 07:37 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stizostedion View Post
Why, because Woodridge and CVCA are recruiting the same kids?
Yeah really, and I mean, Psychodads beloved Woodridge cross country team seems to coexist just fine with CVCA. I personally wouldnt mind CVCA in the Metro, although I still prefer Tallmadge.

Old 07-19-17, 07:43 PM
All American

Stizostedion
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoventryTrackXCguy View Post
Yeah really, and I mean, Psychodads beloved Woodridge cross country team seems to coexist just fine with CVCA. I personally wouldnt mind CVCA in the Metro, although I still prefer Tallmadge.

Tallmadge would be a good fit. So would CVCA. Take them both and shift Streetsboro to the County.
Old 07-20-17, 10:54 AM
All World

Tallmadge, Revere, Kent Roosevelt or even Cuyahoga Falls (not sure anyone wants them in their conference) could be good fits, but they are already in a conference. And, believe it or not, there are other sports than football to consider.

Good decision Roosevelt made leaving the PTC. Sure they don't regret that.

I thought the PTC was going to explode this summer and no longer exist with all the schools jumping to the PAC and other conferences?

What will become of the City Series? Perhaps they should look and splitting up and branching out to other conferences.

I think the Metro is fine. Field just needs to weather a few down classes. It ebbs and flows.
Old 07-21-17, 06:38 AM
All American

Stizostedion
Quote:
Tallmadge, Revere, Kent Roosevelt or even Cuyahoga Falls (not sure anyone wants them in their conference) could be good fits, but they are already in a conference. And, believe it or not, there are other sports than football to consider.

Good decision Roosevelt made leaving the PTC. Sure they don't regret that.

I thought the PTC was going to explode this summer and no longer exist with all the schools jumping to the PAC and other conferences?

What will become of the City Series? Perhaps they should look and splitting up and branching out to other conferences.

I think the Metro is fine. Field just needs to weather a few down classes. It ebbs and flows.
The PTC could have had Manchester if they would've accepted the package deal of CVCA. Manchester had the papers and were ready to sign.

I hate to say it but the City Series days are numbered. North is next to go. Akron will be down to four high schools in the next five years. Buchtel, Kenmore-Garfield, Firestone, and Ellet. What do they do next? Your guess is as good as mine.
Old 07-21-17, 09:49 AM
All Ohio

I don't see Tallmadge moving to the PTC anytime soon. The SLA is too new and they need time to see if it works out.
Old 07-21-17, 09:59 AM
All Region

Quote:
I don't see Tallmadge moving to the PTC anytime soon. The SLA is too new and they need time to see if it works out.

You are probably correct, but I have heard from people they are interested, feeling they can compete better, but there is always rumors, this is just a discussion forum, it has been stated on here CVCA has some interest, I only say it as I think the PTC has screwed up

Old 07-21-17, 10:22 AM
All Ohio

CVCA was close to getting in to the SLA a couple years ago but there was some negatives from people not wanting a private school in the league. Its always odd when one team can come into your community to poach players while you are stuck with who lives in your boundaries.
Old 07-21-17, 10:51 AM
All American

Quote:
CVCA was close to getting in to the SLA a couple years ago but there was some negatives from people not wanting a private school in the league. Its always odd when one team can come into your community to poach players while you are stuck with who lives in your boundaries.
Well, CVCA is pretty bad at recruiting. At least for the time being.
Old 07-21-17, 02:13 PM
All World

Why would Manchester link itself to CVCA? Manchester could have taken Waterloo's place directly and that would have been that.

What does adding CVCA do? They have far less girls than Field does and only 20 more boys. They are essentially the same size.

I disagree that the PTC has messed up.
Old 07-21-17, 04:32 PM
All Ohio

Cloverleaf was the big messup for the PTC. Good fit athletically. Horrible fit geographically.