Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > Archives

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 55 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 01-20-10, 04:49 PM
All Yappi

EagleSE is on a distinguished road
I think Mooney is in at 3 and Inkster at 4.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-23-10, 06:02 AM
All Ohio

edssports is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleSE View Post
I think Mooney is in at 3 and Inkster at 4.
Mooney is confirmed on the schedule on week 3, is away though. 7 games listed, im thinking Inkster, X and Iggy are the final 3. How about the away games next year: @ Elder, @ Mooney, @Columbus St. francis Desales, @ Moeller. Ughhhh.
Old 01-24-10, 12:36 PM
Moderated User

LC-legand is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by edssports View Post
Mooney is confirmed on the schedule on week 3, is away though. 7 games listed, im thinking Inkster, X and Iggy are the final 3. How about the away games next year: @ Elder, @ Mooney, @Columbus St. francis Desales, @ Moeller. Ughhhh.
wow!!! what a meat grinder and a ton of mileage to boot. looks like 5-6 wins puts eds in playoffs. eds should be able to meet the challenge. talent and team is there to have a good season. hope coaches put it together for players. this year they have a good o-line as well as d-line. IMO that is key this year. anything less than a good playoff run is unacceptable.
Old 01-25-10, 10:29 AM
Scatologist

EagleFan will become famous soon enoughEagleFan will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
St. Edward 2010 Football

Fri 8/27 7:30 vs Mentor @ Lakewood
Fri 9/3 7:00 vs. Penn Hills (PA) @ Lakewood
Fri 9/10 7:30 @ Cardinal Mooney @ YSU
Sat 9/18 7:00 Inkster or OPEN
Sat 9/25 7:00 @ Elder @ The Pit
Sat 10/2 7:00 vs. Benedictine @ Lakewood
Fri 10/8 7:30 @ Columbus St. Francis DeSales
Sat 10/16 2:00 vs. St. Xavier @ Lakewood
Sat 10/23 2:00 @ Archbishop Moeller @ Nippert
Sat 10/30 7:00 @ St. Ignatius @ Byers
Updated schedule in post 1 of this thread.
Old 01-25-10, 12:14 PM
Moderated User

Quote:
Updated schedule in post 1 of this thread.
7 teams maybe 8 teams on this years schedule were in playoffs last year. eds plays a tough schedule just about every year. if they can put it together and make playoffs they will be ready cause by the looks of it they will be tested on a weekly basis.
Old 01-25-10, 04:04 PM
All Region

EAGLEOFEDS is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by LC-legand View Post
7 teams maybe 8 teams on this years schedule were in playoffs last year. eds plays a tough schedule just about every year. if they can put it together and make playoffs they will be ready cause by the looks of it they will be tested on a weekly basis.
A tough schedule to be sure, but I wouldn't have it any other way....even though I am still "mentally" recovering from last year's lackluster season! Go EAGLES!
Old 01-25-10, 09:59 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAGLEOFEDS View Post
A tough schedule to be sure, but I wouldn't have it any other way....even though I am still "mentally" recovering from last year's lackluster season! Go EAGLES!
Hey Eagleofeds, i agree, i am recovering also as are alot of people. I know we have alot coming back with only 17 seniors gone from last year, but honestly something tells me it may be another long year.
Old 01-28-10, 10:20 AM
Varsity

oldeaglefan
Frankie Edmonds is still at Ball State

The Schedule is sound in that it gives us enough points to get in with a 6-4 to 8-2 record. The DeSales and Mooney games make me somewhat nervous. Mooney ripped us in the scrimmage last year and everyone they played this year. I saw the two schools play each other for the DIII Championship and although they are DIII they will give us all we can handle.
Old 01-28-10, 11:19 AM
All District

tenminuteman
Erie Prep is off the schedule? That was always a nice game because they would win 5-8 games and are a big school.
Old 01-28-10, 02:45 PM
Moderated User

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldeaglefan View Post
Frankie Edmonds is still at Ball State

The Schedule is sound in that it gives us enough points to get in with a 6-4 to 8-2 record. The DeSales and Mooney games make me somewhat nervous. Mooney ripped us in the scrimmage last year and everyone they played this year. I saw the two schools play each other for the DIII Championship and although they are DIII they will give us all we can handle.
Mooney lost some key players that aided in there success to graduation. with that said Mooney is not same team as last year. either way eds is better this year and i believe if Mooney is as good as last year i think eds better team this year. to be successful you must win the game in the trenches. this years eds team strength is in BOTH offense and defensive line. probably the best total o-line in past 5-7 years and for the next few years at least. right now the have 3 -4 legit D1 lineman that will pull scholarships or are being looked at by D1 now. right now you have Jackson ,Mogus who are both will be 3 year starters Jackson at 6'4 350 ,Mogus at 6'5 285. then there is Rivera who will be a two year starter at center 6'2 260. here in lies a key aid in the o-line success this year is Kalis who will be a junior who finished last year strong at 6'4 290. we will see but with out a doubt the o-line is expected to be a huge part this year.
Old 01-29-10, 08:28 AM
All Yappi

I think Kuhar has to be mentioned as a possible player on the Oline next year.
Old 01-29-10, 08:31 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
St. Edward 2010 Football

Fri 8/27 7:30 vs Mentor @ Lakewood
Fri 9/3 7:00 vs. Penn Hills (PA) @ Lakewood
Fri 9/10 7:30 @ Cardinal Mooney @ YSU
Sat 9/18 7:00 Inkster or OPEN
Sat 9/25 7:00 @ Elder @ The Pit
Sat 10/2 7:00 vs. Benedictine @ Lakewood
Fri 10/8 7:30 @ Columbus St. Francis DeSales
Sat 10/16 2:00 vs. St. Xavier @ Lakewood
Sat 10/23 2:00 @ Archbishop Moeller @ Nippert
Sat 10/30 7:00 @ St. Ignatius @ Byers
If we can ink Inkster that will be a pretty good home schedule. Two trips to Cincy is tough, Youngstown and Cbus won't be that bad of a trip.
Old 01-29-10, 09:37 AM
Moderated User

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleSE View Post
I think Kuhar has to be mentioned as a possible player on the Oline next year.
mogus,jackson,rivera,kalis are locks for a spot. there is only one spot open on the line and i did here kuhar name being tossed for that spot. i also heard byrne and another younger kid. expecting the three seniors to really push this o-line to do good things this year. i like the fact there is no drama so far surrounding the football team. this is good ,don't need all the extra crap like the past three years. maybe this means we have turned the corner!!! i hope
Old 01-29-10, 11:38 AM
All Region

Quote:
mogus,jackson,rivera,kalis are locks for a spot. there is only one spot open on the line and i did here kuhar name being tossed for that spot. i also heard byrne and another younger kid. expecting the three seniors to really push this o-line to do good things this year. i like the fact there is no drama so far surrounding the football team. this is good ,don't need all the extra crap like the past three years. maybe this means we have turned the corner!!! i hope
lol....from your lips Legand..... I totally agree, it was nice to get through mid-January without any "resignations". I too hope we've turned the corner.

Any thoughts on who might be anchoring the D-line and QB spots?
Old 01-29-10, 12:03 PM
All World

eaglepride is on a distinguished road
Are the two of you current members on the team or just dedicated fans of the team?
Old 01-29-10, 12:14 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglepride View Post
Are the two of you current members on the team or just dedicated fans of the team?
I am a fan. No football for my old bones in the near future!
Old 01-29-10, 02:28 PM
All American

ams eds fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglepride View Post
I certainly hope legand isn't...
Old 01-29-10, 04:41 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
lol....from your lips Legand..... I totally agree, it was nice to get through mid-January without any "resignations". I too hope we've turned the corner.

Any thoughts on who might be anchoring the D-line and QB spots?
Shane is back at D-tackle, not sure who else???. I know Gibson and a sophmore from last year are back on the ends and heard they were moving Sam Grant there too.
Old 01-29-10, 04:45 PM
All Ohio

Does anyone know if someone will be challenging the QB Burke next year or is it his job to lose. Yes we will have a big line and it will be our strength, but lets be honest we have to have some kind of passing game.
Old 01-29-10, 07:39 PM
Moderated User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ams eds fan View Post
I certainly hope legand isn't...
why the negativity. all these posts and your the negative one. eds football gets some positive updates and your killing the messenger. hope your not one of those misery loves company people. your not a band wagon basher are you. yes i am a eds football fan and and my playing years are far removed. yes i had the honer to be a graduate of the catholic indoctrination. don't hate me for wanting eds football to succeed. I'm tired of all the so called football people using eds football and the program as a punch line in a joke. from what i see and know and hear first hand this is the best team and core players they have had in several years. go eds!!!
Old 01-30-10, 10:11 AM
All Yappi

Steel Valley FB is on a distinguished road
The dictionary can be your friend...
Old 01-30-10, 12:52 PM
All American

ams eds fan
Quote:
why the negativity. all these posts and your the negative one. eds football gets some positive updates and your killing the messenger. hope your not one of those misery loves company people. your not a band wagon basher are you. yes i am a eds football fan and and my playing years are far removed. yes i had the honer to be a graduate of the catholic indoctrination. don't hate me for wanting eds football to succeed. I'm tired of all the so called football people using eds football and the program as a punch line in a joke. from what i see and know and hear first hand this is the best team and core players they have had in several years. go eds!!!
Why do you continue to embarass the school with your support? Look at what you are writing. It isn't remotely logical or grammatically correct. You can't even spell correctly! They aren't typos or slight flaws in knowledge you just simply write worse than second graders! You should be embarassed of yourself.
Old 01-31-10, 04:04 AM
All Region

Monsignor is on a distinguished road
^^^^^ I'm kind of ashamed to admit I enjoy his posts for their entertainment value. He is quite obvious.

Mobility is a huge problem for his o-line favorites and they are not D1 material. College players certainly but a lower level. The left side of line will feature the better players.
Old 01-31-10, 11:52 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monsignor View Post
^^^^^ I'm kind of ashamed to admit I enjoy his posts for their entertainment value. He is quite obvious.

Mobility is a huge problem for his o-line favorites and they are not D1 material. College players certainly but a lower level. The left side of line will feature the better players.
There are three being looked at by D-1 Schools right now. Whether they end up there or not remains to be seen. I think i know where you going with the mobility issue but don't group the whole line in with that.
Old 01-31-10, 01:46 PM
Moderated User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monsignor View Post

you must be calling out jackson and to his credit he has the ability. and he is being recruited by d1 schools right now. if he lost 20 pounds he still be over 300 but would be a monster. he has the ability but the excessive weight hinders his play. rivera moves as good as any center out there. hes one of the strongest lineman on the team. if he could develop his shotgun snap he will be fine. he is not slow. at worst he my be below avg speed for that position. mogus has been the fastest lineman since he started his sophomore year. speed is not an issue with him. from what i here from some of the eds people who see him say he got massive since the end of football season. kalis will be a junior and i would say from what i saw last year he will be fine. he was big last year and had no problem. he got squeezed by the numbers. plus with nfl bloodline and by the size of him he is above most of the lineman in his grade throughout state. with the one spot open and with the three names that i already stated before mobility will not be the problem. you show me another line coming out this year on another team with the size speed and the recruiting that there getting now. they still have to go out there and execute and prove there worth. IMO i believe the will meet the challenge and to be honest its exciting and some good news for the eds football fans considering the past four to five years.
Old 01-31-10, 10:50 PM
All Yappi

Steel Valley FB is on a distinguished road
Lol
Old 02-02-10, 05:46 AM
All Ohio

I was just checking the schedule for next year and it looks like Inkster will not be week 4 unless they change their schedule. They are scheduled to play Catholic Central High School--Novi on the 18th of September. This is the only open date on our schedule. Hopefully we can make it work or get a replacement, not a fan of a 9 game schedule or bye week.
Old 02-04-10, 09:16 AM
All Region

Congratulations to all the seniors who signed letters of committment today!
Old 02-04-10, 12:48 PM
All District

tenminuteman
Eastlake North is open week 4. So is Glenville
Old 02-04-10, 01:37 PM
All World

eaglepride is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Congratulations to all the seniors who signed letters of committment today!
Any details....

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: