Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > Major League Baseball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 04-11-18, 06:03 PM
All Yappi

vamp2syd will become famous soon enough
The start of NHL hockey playoffs.... hmmm, will I see more goals by the winning hockey team or runs by the REDS tonight..... I have to find someway to keep a REDS game interesting for me...
Sponsored Links
Old 04-11-18, 09:44 PM
All Yappi

Descartes has a little shameless behaviour in the past
I have to say, the Extra Inning rule the Minor Leagues are using makes sense. These long games burn up teams Bullpen
Old 04-11-18, 09:45 PM
All Yappi

Kapler is an idiot. Yeah, make a pitching change when the PH is a Pitcher, thatís good Baseball.
Old 04-12-18, 07:06 AM
All Ohio

wolves82 is on a distinguished road
You guys are better Reds fans than me. I can't spend my evenings being frustrated for 3+ hours. I click over periodically and watch a few ABs, and follow along on my phone while the wife and I enjoy some other show, for the most part. I did manage to see Votto's single where Peraza was foolishly sent home with no outs. Peraza was barely to third and the LF had the ball. We just do most things poorly, including coaching 3B.

Columbus Blue Jackets playoff run starts tonight. That will have my full attention for as long as it lasts. Nothing can match the NHL playoffs for intensity. Love it.
Old 04-12-18, 07:15 AM
All World

14Red is an unknown quantity at this point
Although my team is now in the NBA playoffs for the first time in awhile, I'll continue to follow the Reds on a daily basis. One of the things that separates baseball from the other sports is the day to day progress, or regress in the Reds case at times. Nothing is crazier for me that football, where it's 6 days of breaking down last weeks game and previewing next week's game, in playing only 16 games over the span of 4 + months. But football tends to lend itself more to the casual fan. Baseball is built for hard core fans who want day to day changes.
As you all know I'm a positive person by nature and I'll continue to promote the positives of the Reds, tougher to do some days that others.
Last night, Castillo gave us 6 innings and a decent outing. Big mistake on the #9 hitter with an 0-2 home run ball, and I believe the 3rd run was also on a 1-2 pitch, so he just needs to put people away. However, looking at his first two outings, encouraged by last night's outing.
Offensively, Votto got 3 hits. It's amazing to me that this team simply cannot get big hits when needed. It seems like we are able to get guys on base now, but that big hit continues to evade us.
Old 04-12-18, 08:32 AM
All World

Taco MacArthur has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Senzel's swing is build for the top of the order. A career .315 hitter through 190 games as a professional, he should approach that mark at the highest level. It is a very compact stroke that packs a punch even if it is not designed for power. His home run total may never top 20. Meanwhile, what he lacks in over-the-wall power, he makes up between the gaps. He could easily top 50 doubles a season to go along with 15-18 home runs as a full-timer.

Up until this weekend, Senzel had been a third baseman exclusively. He has improved defensively since his days at Tennessee, but I always felt his ultimate home was second base even before Eugenio Suarez signed a new contract. The keystone position is where Senzel debuted for the Louisville Bats this weekend. He looked comfortable in his new home, making 12 plays in 12 opportunities. While the right side of the infield will ultimately be his home, the opportunity for promotion may require him to move back to the hot corner.

Word came down on Monday that Suarez suffered a broken thumb over the weekend and will miss an undetermined amount of time. The Reds do not have to rush here, especially since Senzel is not even on the 40-man roster yet, but if they want to see what their top prospect can do, there is an opportunity.

Flipping back to the long-term view. How in demand is a second baseman who can hit .300 with the potential for 60 or more extra-base hits? It should be higher than you would think. Only five qualified second basemen hit. 300 or higher in 2017. One of them (Dee Gordon) is a center fielder now and another moved back to third full-time (Jose Ramirez).

If we ignore the Suarez situation, the odds are likely the Reds would prefer to stall some of Senzel's service time clock. That does not mean you forget about him. Even if he is passed on at this moment, Senzel should reach the majors in the relatively near future where he will unseat Scooter Gennett as the club's primary second baseman.
http://www.espn.com/fantasy/baseball...ct-nick-senzel
Old 04-12-18, 08:53 AM
All Yappi

eastside_purple is infamous around these partseastside_purple is infamous around these parts
I just hope the Reds don’t screw this kid up. He should be an mlb starter for the next decade.
Old 04-12-18, 12:51 PM
All American

Zezzo! is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by vamp2syd View Post
Worse Reds team ever?

Reds are on pace to lose 130 games....

1-5 against teams that are not suppose to be that good....
Yes!
Old 04-12-18, 01:28 PM
All Yappi

TroyTrojan05 is on a distinguished road
I'm in my 30's and this is the worst team I've ever seen in my lifetime.
Old 04-12-18, 01:52 PM
All World

Quote:
The start of NHL hockey playoffs.... hmmm, will I see more goals by the winning hockey team or runs by the REDS tonight..... I have to find someway to keep a REDS game interesting for me...
I'll take watching the Reds lose every night over hockey...just never got into that sport.
Old 04-12-18, 01:54 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastside_purple View Post
I just hope the Reds donít screw this kid up. He should be an mlb starter for the next decade.
I think every team's top draft pick is hoped to be a starter for the next decade, many however don't make it. Baseball is the the toughest sport for top draftees to succeed at the top levels. Too many variables. Basketball and football, you are almost automatically on the top roster from the jump.
Old 04-12-18, 01:56 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyTrojan05 View Post
There's been quite a few losing seasons in your 30 years. You were only a toddler in 1990, so I feel for you, probably don't remember that team.
Old 04-12-18, 01:59 PM
All Yappi

eastside_purple is infamous around these partseastside_purple is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Red View Post
I think every team's top draft pick is hoped to be a starter for the next decade, many however don't make it. Baseball is the the toughest sport for top draftees to succeed at the top levels. Too many variables. Basketball and football, you are almost automatically on the top roster from the jump.
Oh okay, darn. Well, if it doesnít work out, oh well.
Old 04-12-18, 01:59 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Those teams in the early 00s were pretty pitiful.
Old 04-12-18, 02:14 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastside_purple View Post
Oh okay, darn. Well, if it doesnít work out, oh well.
Here is a list of the #1 draft pick over the last 20 years...THE #1 pick...not all household names...

Pat Burrell, Josh Hamilton, Adrian Gonzales, Joe Maurer, Bryan Burlington, Delmon Young, Matt Bush, Justin Upton, Luke Hocheaver, David Price, Tim Beckham, Stephen Strasberg, Bryce Harper, Garrit Cole, Carlos Correa, Mark Appel, Brady Aiken, Dansby Swanson...
Old 04-12-18, 02:20 PM
All World

WinstonSmith has a little shameless behaviour in the past
My God.
Old 04-12-18, 02:30 PM
All Yappi

Yeah, that list sucks. Oh well.
Old 04-12-18, 02:36 PM
All World

WinstonSmith has a little shameless behaviour in the past
I guess Senzel will suck.
Old 04-12-18, 02:55 PM
All Yappi

Sig Hansen can only hope to improve
Yovani Gallardo is gone. It was fun while it lasted
Old 04-12-18, 03:19 PM
All Yappi

adselder09 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Here is a list of the #1 draft pick over the last 20 years...THE #1 pick...not all household names...

Pat Burrell, Josh Hamilton, Adrian Gonzales, Joe Maurer, Bryan Burlington, Delmon Young, Matt Bush, Justin Upton, Luke Hocheaver, David Price, Tim Beckham, Stephen Strasberg, Bryce Harper, Garrit Cole, Carlos Correa, Mark Appel, Brady Aiken, Dansby Swanson...
Nearly half of that list are household names.

Hamilton, Gonzales, Mauer, Upton, Price, Strasberg, Harper, Cole, Correa - someone correct me if I'm wrong but haven't all these guys been All Stars? Several of them MVPs?
Old 04-12-18, 03:26 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
I'll take watching the Reds lose every night over hockey...just never got into that sport.
That is fine...

last night I had Winnipeg/Minnesota on TV1 and the REDS game on TV2.

Tonight it will be BlueJackets on TV1 and Toronto/Boston playoff game on TV2

no REDS game for me tonight....

Hockey is a different animal. Like baseball it is a grind but once the playoffs start it is an all out war. I hate the fact that baseball plays 162 games and then have a 1 game playoff, then it is 3 out of 5, then 4 out of 7.... Hockey is all 4 out of 7 series....

Baseball player get a blister on his thumb and he misses 10 games, hockey player gets drilled by the puck, loses teeth, gets 30 stitches and he misses 1 or 2 shifts and is back in the game.
Old 04-12-18, 05:51 PM
All Yappi

Jackets don't start until 7:30 so tuned into the REDS and already the Redlegs have given up a run in an opening inning.... and why isn't Votto playing?
Old 04-12-18, 07:09 PM
All American

Tardis is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Jackets don't start until 7:30 so tuned into the REDS and already the Redlegs have given up a run in an opening inning.... and why isn't Votto playing?
It's his first day off since 2016, he probably asked for it. In 162 game season, especially one likely to result in 100 losses, its not a big deal.

That being said, in a lost season beating the Cardinals in every series is the only thing I care about so I wish he could have picked a game after this series take off.
Old 04-12-18, 07:28 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
There's been quite a few losing seasons in your 30 years. You were only a toddler in 1990, so I feel for you, probably don't remember that team.
I was 4. I do remember the wire to wire reds. Actually I still have my t ball card and it says my favorite player was Chris Sabo.
Old 04-12-18, 08:03 PM
All Yappi

Still can’t believe the Reds gave up so easily on Carrot as a starter. Such a crappy organization from top to bottom.
Old 04-12-18, 08:11 PM
All Yappi

Sure let’s put in another rookie making his major league debut in a one run game. Price is gone by next week. Not all his fault but geez.
Old 04-12-18, 08:15 PM
All World

Arrogate is on a distinguished road
It really is. They need to gut the front office......five years ago
Old 04-12-18, 08:16 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
That is fine...

last night I had Winnipeg/Minnesota on TV1 and the REDS game on TV2.

Tonight it will be BlueJackets on TV1 and Toronto/Boston playoff game on TV2

no REDS game for me tonight....

Hockey is a different animal. Like baseball it is a grind but once the playoffs start it is an all out war. I hate the fact that baseball plays 162 games and then have a 1 game playoff, then it is 3 out of 5, then 4 out of 7.... Hockey is all 4 out of 7 series....

Baseball player get a blister on his thumb and he misses 10 games, hockey player gets drilled by the puck, loses teeth, gets 30 stitches and he misses 1 or 2 shifts and is back in the game.
Hockey players are tough SOBs, no doubt about it. Olympic and Playoff hockey are awesome, bc it cuts down on the ďgoonĒ activity.
Old 04-12-18, 08:23 PM
All Yappi

Holy f**k, these young guys out of the Pen are trash. Where do they find these guys? You’re in the Big Leagues and can’t throw a strike?
Old 04-12-18, 08:24 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Sure letís put in another rookie making his major league debut in a one run game. Price is gone by next week. Not all his fault but geez.
If I were him, Iíd just resign. Hard to imagine itís worth the $ to put up with this abortion.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: