Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > Debate Forum

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 05-16-18, 08:04 PM
All Yappi

lotr10 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerDurden View Post
I thought Trump's out of the box handling of NK was successful and already "cause for celebration?"
As Ghost has pointed out there has been more progress made under Trump on breaking the North Korean impasse then anything we've seen since the Korean war. The fact we're at the point we are now is cause for spiking the ball.

Look it wouldn't surprise me if Rocket Man cancelled the summit based on some obscure insult. It would be a smart tactic on Kim's part to see how badly we want the summit. My guess is that Trump and his people are on to this and they would respond to Kim's cancelling the summit by ratcheting things up in the following ways:

* You would see some serious movement of military assets in and around the Korean peninsula. Ditto some "unplanned" American/South Korean/Japanese war games.

* Trump would unleash a Twitter Storm on Kim.

* If China hadn't already stepped in to convince Kim of the beauty of a summit then you would start to hear the tariff drums start pounding.

So how does it end if the summit is "cancelled"? Who knows, but I suspect Kim takes another vacation in Beijing and after getting reamed out by his Chinese overlords the Summit would be back on!
Old 05-16-18, 08:27 PM
All World

Stirred not Shaken is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by lotr10 View Post

* If China hadn't already stepped in to convince Kim of the beauty of a summit then you would start to hear the tariff drums start pounding.!
Sounds like Trump is more concerned about Chinese jobs than American security concerns, from the Wall Street Journal :
Mr. Trump said in a tweet that he is working with Mr. Xi to get ZTE “a way to get back into business, fast. Too many jobs in China lost.” He said the Commerce Department has been instructed to “get it done!” But as Larry Kudlow who works in the Trump adm. said "Trump has a bromance with China's President Xi".
Old 05-17-18, 07:26 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stirred not Shaken View Post
Sounds like Trump is more concerned about Chinese jobs than American security concerns, from the Wall Street Journal :
Mr. Trump said in a tweet that he is working with Mr. Xi to get ZTE “a way to get back into business, fast. Too many jobs in China lost.” He said the Commerce Department has been instructed to “get it done!” But as Larry Kudlow who works in the Trump adm. said "Trump has a bromance with China's President Xi".
Well that's better then hating the head of the most populous nation on earth!

As I suspect you already know there is a complex negotiation going on revolving around North Korea, the USA and China. There will be day to day fluctuations so we'll just have to wait a while to see if the whole thing goes anywhere. At least for the first time in decades there is a chance, no matter how small, that we can make an historical breakthrough in resolving the Korean crisis.
Old 05-17-18, 07:32 AM
All Yappi

For those of you into high tech military stuff here's a great article explaining in detail what the Trump administration is doing to modernize and increase the potency of our nuclear deterrent:

https://www.realcleardefense.com/art...cs_113453.html

Much has been said of the Trump administration, but an area where it has stepped up to the plate is nuclear modernization. The Nuclear Posture Review (NPR) released in February 2018 provides answers for not only dealing with the Russian tactical nuclear imbalance but also the South China Sea A2/AD problem.

As outlined in the NPR, the Trump administration aims to “expand tailored response options” by developing a low yield sea-launched cruise missile (SLCM), reminiscent of the now retired nuclear tomahawk missile (TLAM-N). In the short term, however, the intention is to modify a small number of submarine-launched ballistic missile (SLBM) warheads to significantly lower their yield. These will launch from the Ohio class ballistic missile submarines currently in service.

As an aside this is proof that Trump is following through on his campaign promise to modernize America's nuclear arsenal - a promise that should have left Putin & Russia with cold shivers.

You see when judging whether Putin helped Trump win the election you have to ask yourself if Trump's campaign promises would help or hurt Russia. The answer is pretty clear if you're honest with yourself and makes it very unlikely that Putin actually wanted Trump to win the election.
Old 05-17-18, 11:50 AM
All Ohio

domi is on a distinguished road
Quote:
You see when judging whether Putin helped Trump win the election you have to ask yourself if Trump's campaign promises would help or hurt Russia. The answer is pretty clear if you're honest with yourself and makes it very unlikely that Putin actually wanted Trump to win the election.
Why do four US intelligence agencies (under control of Trump appointees) and the Chairman of the Senate Intelligence Committee disagree with you? We are the laughingstock of the world with Trump as our leader and that means more to Putin than oil prices or military strength or whatever BS you are spewing on any given day.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/16/u...ee-russia.html

Go ahead and knock the source if you want but at least there's direct quotes and links contained in it. That's more "evidence" than any George Neumayr opinion piece will ever provide.
Old 05-17-18, 12:30 PM
All World

Gulliotine is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by domi View Post
Why do four US intelligence agencies (under control of Trump appointees) and the Chairman of the Senate Intelligence Committee disagree with you? We are the laughingstock of the world with Trump as our leader and that means more to Putin than oil prices or military strength or whatever BS you are spewing on any given day.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/16/u...ee-russia.html

Go ahead and knock the source if you want but at least there's direct quotes and links contained in it. That's more "evidence" than any George Neumayr opinion piece will ever provide.
Lol. I read your link twice and see no "evidence" other than one indirect quote from Burr that Russia favored Trump.

As to being the laughingstock of the world, a majority of Americans don't give a damn what the hyenas across the pond find funny.

I think it's funny they're disarmed and overrun by Muslim haters.
Old 05-17-18, 03:30 PM
All Ohio

domi is on a distinguished road
Trump wins again!!!

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...ns-u-s-growers
Old 05-17-18, 07:42 PM
All World

Stirred not Shaken is on a distinguished road
As most posters know, I am no fan of Trumps however I read where he donated $100,000 of his salary to the Dept. of Veteran Affairs, not a lot of money for someone like Trump but still a good gesture.
Old 05-17-18, 09:25 PM
All World

BlueJayFan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
A Republican lawmaker on the House Science, Space and Technology Committee said Thursday that rocks from the White Cliffs of Dover and the California coastline, as well as silt from rivers tumbling into the ocean, are contributing to high sea levels globally.

Rep. Mo Brooks (R-Ala.) made the comment during a hearing on technology and the changing climate, which largely turned into a Q&A on the basics of climate research.
http://thehill.com/policy/energy-env...causing-higher

And this moron is on the science committee
Old 05-17-18, 10:07 PM
All Yappi

ronnie mund can only hope to improve
Quote:
"Every time you have that soil or rock or whatever it is that is deposited into the seas, that forces the sea levels to rise, because now you have less space in those oceans, because the bottom is moving up," Brooks said at the hearing.
Lol is this real?
Old 05-17-18, 10:36 PM
All American

Indiandad is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by domi View Post
At $17.85 / bushel....

more than 70% higher than US beans. Smart move.... lol
Old 05-18-18, 04:23 AM
All Yappi

cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueJayFan View Post
http://thehill.com/policy/energy-env...causing-higher

And this moron is on the science committee
Did you read that Guam tipped over yesterday ?
Old 05-18-18, 04:46 AM
All Yappi

Same as it ever was......

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/16/o...rtner=msft_msn
Old 05-18-18, 04:49 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabezadecaballo View Post
Does ronnie runt's thread have more pages now than "Beginning of the end for Trump" ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie mund View Post
Lol is this real?
Old 05-21-18, 07:18 AM
All American

Happygoluckky is on a distinguished road
Least surprising thing I read today

The aides are also concerned about what kind of grasp Mr. Trump has on the details of the North Korea program, and what he must insist upon as the key components of denuclearization. Mr. Moon and his aides reported that Mr. Kim seemed highly conversant with all elements of the program when the two men met, and Secretary of State Mike Pompeo has made similar comments about Mr. Kim, based on his two meetings with him in Pyongyang, the North’s capital.

But aides who have recently left the administration say Mr. Trump has resisted the kind of detailed briefings about enrichment capabilities, plutonium reprocessing, nuclear weapons production and missile programs that Mr. Obama and President George W. Bush regularly sat through.
Old 05-21-18, 08:02 AM
All Yappi

TigerPaw is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabezadecaballo View Post
Did you read that Guam tipped over yesterday ?
Lol. The funny part is how science brainiacs on the right did not understand the metaphor.

Brooks was not using a metaphor.
Old 05-21-18, 08:15 AM
All Yappi

TigerPaw is on a distinguished road
Quote:
We could believe you or all the evidence and every branch of intelligence. Not a tough call, to be honest.

I know all 17 agencies are part of the deep state! There I beat you to it.
Old 05-21-18, 09:10 AM
All World

Gh0st is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerPaw View Post
Lol. The funny part is how science brainiacs on the right did not understand the metaphor.

The person who said Guam was going to tip over was not using a metaphor.

That's the lamest defense of a moronic comment I've ever read on this site.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xctbva

Explain to me how this is a metaphor.
Old 05-21-18, 09:37 AM
All Yappi

Meanwhile back in the real world Trump continues to deliver on his campaign promises in a way that no other modern POTUS has done:

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/w...ns-as-promised

The Trump administration is showing no signs of slowing its slashing of Obama-era regulations, beating their plans to cut two for every new rule and saving more than double what was hoped for, according to a new report.

“The Trump administration is making substantial deregulatory progress,” said a new report from American Action Forum.

“The administration is prioritizing deregulation, and it is set to double its goals of a two-for-one deregulatory-to-regulatory ratio and $686.6 million in net savings,” said the report from forum experts Dan Bosch, director of regulatory policy, and Dan Goldbeck, a senior analyst.

I think Professor Glen Reynolds who runs the Instapundit blog (https://pjmedia.com/instapundit/) got it exactly right with this comment on the story:

Trump has so far been both the most conservative and most libertarian president of my lifetime. Granted, that’s not a super-high bar to clear, but still.
Old 05-21-18, 02:31 PM
All Yappi

fish82 will become famous soon enoughfish82 will become famous soon enough
Quote:

No he wasn't. Jesus Christ.
Old 05-21-18, 02:34 PM
All Yappi

fish82 will become famous soon enoughfish82 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
We could believe you or all the evidence and every branch of intelligence. Not a tough call, to be honest.

I know all 17 agencies are part of the deep state! There I beat you to it.
"17 agencies" has been debunked with prejudice, on more than one occasion. Not that anyone here takes your babble seriously anyway, but you'd at least be less of a laughingstock if you'd get basic facts right once in awhile.

Christ, even Harry & Happy can do that.
Old 05-21-18, 04:59 PM
All Yappi

zeeman is on a distinguished road
Speaking of happy and hairy, it is interesting to note that TP seems to be the only progressive left standing lately. As more and more is revealed the libs are becoming increasingly quiet, hmmm. What will the eventual spin be? Should be entertaining!
Old 05-21-18, 05:26 PM
All World

Irwin20 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by fish82 View Post
No he wasn't. Jesus Christ.
I'd never seen that video before. Is there something wrong with that guy? Seriously, doesn't seem to be very coherent. I don't think theres any doubt he was serious. Actually its kind of painful to watch.
Old 05-21-18, 05:27 PM
All World

Irwin20 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeeman View Post
Speaking of happy and hairy, it is interesting to note that TP seems to be the only progressive left standing lately. As more and more is revealed the libs are becoming increasingly quiet, hmmm. What will the eventual spin be? Should be entertaining!
Will not end well for them.
Old 05-21-18, 05:30 PM
All World

Gulliotine is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeeman View Post
TP and BJF will fight to their death. That's why I like them. Happy and Harry don't have the stomach. The clones will keep their powder dry.

Agreed on the entertainment. This chit is priceless.
Old 05-21-18, 05:54 PM
All World

Harrycrane is an unknown quantity at this point
I responded with a bunch of posts since that article and other info came out. Wasn’t aware of any earth shattering indictments or pending arrests or new bombshells . I always pick spots. I go stretches without posting . Again what is so urgent that it demands comment ?

Wait and see I don’t see any added indictments in addition to the how many on the Republican side ?? Patience I will respond if anything comes down the pike as far as arrests have arraignments trials pending etc.
Old 05-22-18, 06:33 AM
All World

Harrycrane is an unknown quantity at this point
Trump is making big concessions to China on trade. Shocker !! As long as Trump organization benefits that’s what matters. China is laughing at us as Trump backs down .

Mixed messages that change weekly depending on how the wind blows towards the Trump organization or what Trump feels like saying or how he is feeling . Tough on China? Belly laugh joke .
Old 05-22-18, 07:00 AM
All American

Happygoluckky is on a distinguished road
‘Too inconvenient’: Trump goes rogue on phone security

The president has kept features at risk for hacking and resisted efforts by staff to inspect the phones he uses for tweeting.

While aides have urged the president to swap out the Twitter phone on a monthly basis, Trump has resisted their entreaties, telling them it was “too inconvenient,” the same administration official said.

The president has gone as long as five months without having the phone checked by security experts. It is unclear how often Trump’s call-capable phones, which are essentially used as burner phones, are swapped out.

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/...hackers-601903
Old 05-22-18, 07:11 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrycrane View Post
Trump is making big concessions to China on trade. Shocker !! As long as Trump organization benefits that’s what matters. China is laughing at us as Trump backs down .

Mixed messages that change weekly depending on how the wind blows towards the Trump organization or what Trump feels like saying or how he is feeling . Tough on China? Belly laugh joke .
It's all part of a formal & serious negotiation to recalibrate US/China trade. And of course as in any negotiation the US will have to make some concessions. For the first time an administration is systematically working to move US/China trade past the purely mercantile point that benefited China much more than the US to a point more akin to our relationships with Japan & the EU. Trade relationships, which while no where near perfect, are much better then the current situation with China.

Trump never wanted a trade war with China as it would have been a lose/lose proposition. He did however want to signal the Chinese that he was serious about instituting changes and that he was not a globalist democrat or unfettered free trade republican.

And then there is the added reality of North Korea and how we'll need Chinese help in diffusing that situation. So of course this will have to be factored into any trade negotiations.
Old 05-22-18, 07:15 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happygoluckky View Post
The president has kept features at risk for hacking and resisted efforts by staff to inspect the phones he uses for tweeting.

While aides have urged the president to swap out the Twitter phone on a monthly basis, Trump has resisted their entreaties, telling them it was “too inconvenient,” the same administration official said.

The president has gone as long as five months without having the phone checked by security experts. It is unclear how often Trump’s call-capable phones, which are essentially used as burner phones, are swapped out.

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/...hackers-601903
And if the Russians or Chinese hack Trump's Twitter feed what's the downside? Are they going to post controversial things?

As an aside Happy, you're running out of anti-Trump material if this is the best you can do. What's next a story on how many calories are in a Big Mac and that Trump sometimes eats TWO of them!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: