Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Girls HS Sports > Girls Soccer

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 05-14-18, 06:10 AM
All District

mollautt is on a distinguished road
Alex Rawlings Out At Alliance. Will Try To Start New Club

=>Alliance to choose a new DOC.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-14-18, 06:49 AM
All American

cincysports4 is on a distinguished road
Is that really why he left, so he can start a new club?
Old 05-14-18, 07:35 AM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincysports4 View Post
Is that really why he left, so he can start a new club?
=>That is not why he left (from what I have been told. I have no first hand knowledge).
Old 05-16-18, 11:49 AM
All District

Conan73 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollautt View Post
=>Alliance to choose a new DOC.
I heard that club politics forced him out. He's leaving to start a new club by taking some pretty good MRL level boys teams with him. The only watch out here is that it's hard for new teams to gain entry into MRL. The team number stays with the club. So, you have to apply through Ohio South as a new team with no history.
Old 05-16-18, 03:06 PM
All World

coachg is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conan73 View Post
I heard that club politics forced him out. He's leaving to start a new club by taking some pretty good MRL level boys teams with him. The only watch out here is that it's hard for new teams to gain entry into MRL. The team number stays with the club. So, you have to apply through Ohio South as a new team with no history.
I agree but politics run deep at OSYSA and I bet they find away in..
Old 05-16-18, 05:12 PM
All District

Alliance Cincinnati Responds

=>Alliance Cincinnati Responds

Will be interesting how this all shakes out. Emphasis added to relevant points being made about new club formed by Rawlings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACE PRESIDENT MIKE COOK
Alliance Cincinnati Families -

I am writing to discuss the status of Alliance Cincinnati and the upcoming year. Despite what you may have heard, the future of Alliance Cincinnati is secure and strong and is in a better position to grow into the future. We have substantially reduced our overhead, which will allow the club to better focus the use of fees on players and teams rather than on individual directors. The result will be better quality practice and game fields, more training opportunities with the best coaching staff available. This will provide all our kids at Alliance great opportunities to improve as players, compete at the highest level and enjoy their soccer experience. This club has tremendous stability and is proven.

I have received many calls, emails, etc., about a new club in town. That club is not at all affiliated with Alliance Cincinnati and will not be using any of our fields, goals, or this clubs many resources. in the future. Field space in our community is scarce and is a precious resource. Not having adequate, convenient field space will result in multiple teams having to train together, resulting in very little individualized instruction and attention. That will not occur anymore at all under our new directorship.

In addition, when planning for next season, you should also be aware that some changes are being made at the regional level. At the end of this season, the Midwest Regional League (MRL) will become the National League Great Lakes Region. All MRL team numbers will automatically transfer to the new National League. We have written confirmation from the National League that Alliance Cincinnati will retain ALL OSSL and National League Great Lakes Conference team numbers and positions for the upcoming year. This means that any players or teams leaving for new clubs will not be permitted in these leagues and will have to start at the beginning of the application process for OSSL/National League, which is typically a two-year process. Alliance Cincinnati will continue to field teams in these leagues, along with Buckeye Premier, The Premier League (TPL) and the Greater Cincinnati Soccer League (GCSL).

Our fees will be reduced for next year as we simply do not have the large overhead that we had in the past under our new directorship. You will not be pressured or asked to attend team camps for additional money. These camps amount to the same training with the same trainers. This is one reason we as a club decided to go in a different direction with our staff. Simply put, we provide excellent training at a reasonable cost, without requiring or suggesting that families should pay more for training.

Thank you for your participation and commitment to Alliance Cincinnati. We are truly grateful to have so many good players and families at Alliance Cincinnati. We look forward to growing as a club and appreciate your continued support for the club. Our players and their development is a number one priority for Alliance Cincinnati.

I believe in this club and the good people behind it. This is an opportunity to regroup and refocus on what is important… which is our children. I am thrilled with the mix of experience, passion and energy in the new trainers that we have hired. Because they believe in this club they are truly motivated to develop your children and our teams.

Mike Cook

Alliance Cincinnati
Old 05-17-18, 12:12 PM
All District

Conan73 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollautt View Post
=>Alliance Cincinnati Responds

Will be interesting how this all shakes out. Emphasis added to relevant points being made about new club formed by Rawlings.
I have it from a good source that Alex was pulling in A LOT of money from ACE. He had a DOC salary, and he also made himself coach of a lot of teams. So, he also got paid for coaching and training a lot of teams.

Since it was not feasible for him to physically show up for all the games and practices associated with a large volume of teams, it was the assistants that were actually coaching - and they were paid as well. There were complaints that while Alex was the listed coach, he was never present. So, if Alex is gone, the club does save some money.

As to the team number stuff, it is true that ACE retains the numbers. As a result, they retain all spots in OSSL, Buckeye, Great Lakes (formerly MRL), etc. Alex would have to appeal to Ohio South to get his teams in. Doing so, would require Ohio South to bump teams from other clubs as there are limited spots in OSSL and Great Lakes.

More important, doing so would send a bad signal to all of the Ohio South clubs (some of whom are on the Ohio South board). It would signal that it is open season on coaches taking teams from one club and moving to another and/or starting their own clubs.....The clubs own the team numbers. They can fire the coach, get all new players, etc....they still own the team numbers.
Old 05-17-18, 06:40 PM
Freshman

OHSOCCER is on a distinguished road
Stretching the facts a bit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conan73 View Post
I have it from a good source that Alex was pulling in A LOT of money from ACE. He had a DOC salary, and he also made himself coach of a lot of teams. So, he also got paid for coaching and training a lot of teams.

Since it was not feasible for him to physically show up for all the games and practices associated with a large volume of teams, it was the assistants that were actually coaching - and they were paid as well. There were complaints that while Alex was the listed coach, he was never present. So, if Alex is gone, the club does save some money.
I agree with your team number / league implications point. However, your source for your first point seems pretty biased. Yes, he was was making a nice salary from his role, but the number of teams was not his sole decision. Additionally, you are way off regarding the claim that his “paid assistants” were the ones actually coaching practices and games because he was never present. Scheduling conflicts do arise for any trainer that has 3 or more teams, but self scheduling does wonders to mitigate that.

Every DOC, even the ones underneath him, get a nice salary for what they do. This is true of every club, and not specific to Alliance. Every club could save $ by eliminating some of it’s bloated hierarchy.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: