Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > General Board

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-15-17, 08:39 PM
tallmadge H2 dad tallmadge H2 dad is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-22-05
Location: T-town via the Archbishop
Posts: 11,808
tallmadge H2 dad will become famous soon enough
How many cars have you owned in your life?

Cars are my vice. I have a list of all the cars I've owned in my life. All 23 of them. Considering I've been driving for 28 years, that's almost a car per year. Now, there have been several times where I have owned multiple cars at once. I think I might have a problem.

1978 Chevy Camero Z28
1988 Ford Tempo
1990 Chevy Z24
1991 Ford Probe
1992 Ford Mustang GT
1993 Eagle Talon*
1993 Chevy Beretta
1995 Dodge Intrepid*
1997 Ford Expedition
1999 Ford F-150*
2000 Toyota 4-runner*
2001 Mercedes Benz E320*
2003 Hummer H2*
2005 Hummer H2*
2007 BMW 525xi
2007 Nissan Armada*
2008 Hummer H2
2009 Jeep Liberty
2010 Ford Edge*
2012 Nissan Rogue*
2015 Dodge Challenger*
2015 Infiniti Q50*
2016 Infiniti QX50*

*bought new

Last edited by tallmadge H2 dad; 05-16-17 at 05:19 AM.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 05-15-17, 08:46 PM
Sig Hansen Sig Hansen is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 03-28-08
Location: the Reds will be fine.
Posts: 16,734
Sig Hansen can only hope to improve
Two. Will buy Volkswagen until I die. I love my car, look forward to driving everyday because of it. I'll probably get another used pickup here soon to use for housework and such.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-15-17, 08:57 PM
tallmadge H2 dad tallmadge H2 dad is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-22-05
Location: T-town via the Archbishop
Posts: 11,808
tallmadge H2 dad will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sig Hansen View Post
Two. Will buy Volkswagen until I die. I love my car, look forward to driving everyday because of it. I'll probably get another used pickup here soon to use for housework and such.
That's when you know you've got a great car. When you still look forward to driving it after a year.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-15-17, 09:04 PM
Arrogate Arrogate is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 12-27-16
Posts: 2,040
Arrogate is on a distinguished road
I have 3 vehicles currently.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-15-17, 09:13 PM
Sig Hansen Sig Hansen is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 03-28-08
Location: the Reds will be fine.
Posts: 16,734
Sig Hansen can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallmadge H2 dad View Post
That's when you know you've got a great car. When you still look forward to driving it after a year.
So why the hell did you buy three different H2s?

Probably one of the most embarrassing creations to come from the 2000's, along with the H3 of course. I always got a kick out of the Hummer commercials with an H2 on a remote mountain somewhere, when in reality the only way that'd be possible is if you helicoptered in 1000 gallons of gasoline to fill up along the way
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-15-17, 09:20 PM
tallmadge H2 dad tallmadge H2 dad is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-22-05
Location: T-town via the Archbishop
Posts: 11,808
tallmadge H2 dad will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sig Hansen View Post
So why the hell did you buy three different H2s?

Probably one of the most embarrassing creations to come from the 2000's, along with the H3 of course. I always got a kick out of the Hummer commercials with an H2 on a remote mountain somewhere, when in reality the only way that'd be possible is if you helicoptered in 1000 gallons of gasoline to fill up along the way
I really liked my first one, so I bought another one 2 years later. Those were both new. The 2008 I bought used in 2012. I went through this "green" period for a minute where I got rid of the Hummer, then that wore off and I bought another one. They stopped making them in 2009. I really like the H2s.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 05-15-17, 10:20 PM
vamp2syd vamp2syd is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-24-02
Location: HH Wayne 35 Moeller 17
Posts: 34,721
vamp2syd will become famous soon enough
This might take awhile.... I'll get back with you tomorrow.....
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 05-15-17, 10:51 PM
Purplemojo Purplemojo is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 11-20-08
Posts: 2,837
Purplemojo is on a distinguished road
Just titled to me, not my wife:

1965 Mustang Covertable with a 289 V8
1966 Mustang Coupe with a 200 straight 6
1973 Mercury Capri (still made in Europe before it became a crappy Mustang clone)
1978 VW Rabbit
1982 Fiat 2000 Spider
1988 VW Fox
1989 VW Jetta
1989 Pontiac Sunbird
1976 VW Microbus
1988 Dodge Ram 50 (great truck I drove for over ten years)
1995 Chrysler Cirrus (only vehicle I regret purchasing)
1974 VW Beetle - still own

gap where I only owned the Beetle and drove one of the cars titled to my wife a 2007 Ford Tarus X or a 2003 Chevy Cavalier

2001 Subaru Forester - still own

Except for the Chrysler I wish I still owned each of the vehicles I have owned. Lack of garage space has dictated otherwise. If I had the space I would still have my 65 Mustang, 82 Fiat, 76 Microbus together with the 74 Beetle I still own. Oh what I would give for a five car garage.

Dream car - 1963 Austen-Healey 3000
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 05-16-17, 12:21 AM
buckeye53 buckeye53 is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 09-30-14
Location: The Sierra Nevada, NorCal
Posts: 389
buckeye53 is on a distinguished road
Me
1963 Chevy Bel Air 283, Cragars
1965 GMC PU 305, 3 Speed, Mickey Thompson Sportsmen Tires
1963 Chevy PU 327, 4 Speed, US Mags
1978 Buick Regal 350, True Spokes, Lowered
1978 Ford PU 4 Door, 4WD, Hunting Rig
1995 Ford PU XTRA Cab, 4WD, Great truck, had for 20 years *
2015 Ford PU XTRA Cab, 4WD *
Wife
1971. Ford Maverick, 305-8, Cragars, Fast car
1982 Toyota Tercel
1989 Mercury Topaz LTS *
1997 Olds Bravada, Gold Package AWD *
2003 Toyota 4 Runner *
2011 Dodge Durango Citidel, AWD, 8 Cyl Hemi *
* Bought New
Had some fun rigs when we were young, then had kids and it all changed.

Last edited by buckeye53; 05-16-17 at 04:06 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 05-16-17, 05:04 AM
4cards 4cards is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 04-20-11
Location: The Yo!
Posts: 1,727
4cards is on a distinguished road
10 or 11 cars lifetime but the last 3 have been VW Jetta's and I'll never buy anything else.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 05-16-17, 05:17 AM
tallmadge H2 dad tallmadge H2 dad is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-22-05
Location: T-town via the Archbishop
Posts: 11,808
tallmadge H2 dad will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplemojo View Post
Just titled to me, not my wife:

1965 Mustang Covertable with a 289 V8
1966 Mustang Coupe with a 200 straight 6
1973 Mercury Capri (still made in Europe before it became a crappy Mustang clone)
1978 VW Rabbit
1982 Fiat 2000 Spider
1988 VW Fox
1989 VW Jetta
1989 Pontiac Sunbird
1976 VW Microbus
1988 Dodge Ram 50 (great truck I drove for over ten years)
1995 Chrysler Cirrus (only vehicle I regret purchasing)
1974 VW Beetle - still own

gap where I only owned the Beetle and drove one of the cars titled to my wife a 2007 Ford Tarus X or a 2003 Chevy Cavalier

2001 Subaru Forester - still own

Except for the Chrysler I wish I still owned each of the vehicles I have owned. Lack of garage space has dictated otherwise. If I had the space I would still have my 65 Mustang, 82 Fiat, 76 Microbus together with the 74 Beetle I still own. Oh what I would give for a five car garage.

Dream car - 1963 Austen-Healey 3000
I've always wanted a '65 Mustang. My friends family had one when I first started driving in the late '80's, and I learned to drive a manual transmission on it. I loved that car.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 05-16-17, 05:20 AM
ronnie mund ronnie mund is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 11-11-13
Posts: 5,860
ronnie mund can only hope to improve
1993 Cutlass Ciera
2000 Audi A4
2012 Jeep Patriot
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 05-16-17, 06:52 AM
EagleFan's Avatar
EagleFan EagleFan is offline
Fan of Eagle
 
Join Date: 03-04-02
Location: Avon
Posts: 19,969
EagleFan will become famous soon enoughEagleFan will become famous soon enough
1985 Plymouth Horizon
1991 Ford Escort
1993 Ford Probe
1994 Ford Ranger
1996 Ford Ranger
1998 Ford Ranger
2000 Jeep Cherokee
1989 Ford Thunderbird
2003 Saturn Ion
2005 Ford Escape Hybrid (first car I kept for more than 4 years)
2014 GMC Terrain
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 05-16-17, 07:17 AM
WinstonSmith WinstonSmith is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 09-11-16
Posts: 2,154
WinstonSmith is on a distinguished road
I'd say you definitely have a problem, Madge. Why in God's name don't you lease your vehicles?
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 05-16-17, 07:23 AM
Taco MacArthur Taco MacArthur is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 03-14-17
Posts: 2,194
Taco MacArthur can only hope to improve
1998 Chevy Cavalier
1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee
2011 Ford Fusion

I like my Fusion but I miss driving higher up so I think the next one I'm going back to SUV or a truck. Wish I had paid to fix the Grand Cherokee. I miss driving that.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 05-16-17, 07:39 AM
TylerDurden TylerDurden is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-12-01
Posts: 14,475
TylerDurden is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco MacArthur View Post
1998 Chevy Cavalier
1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee
2011 Ford Fusion

I like my Fusion but I miss driving higher up so I think the next one I'm going back to SUV or a truck. Wish I had paid to fix the Grand Cherokee. I miss driving that.
I've had 1 car in my life, and I'll never go back because of that. Just something I couldn't get used to.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 05-16-17, 07:46 AM
Uncle Ted Uncle Ted is offline
Cooling Off
 
Join Date: 12-25-14
Location: Cooling Off
Posts: 8,317
Uncle Ted is on a distinguished road
You shouldn't be allowed to own so many cars. What if some nut job gets ahold of it?
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 05-16-17, 07:53 AM
Zunardo Zunardo is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 03-03-10
Posts: 1,280
Zunardo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallmadge H2 dad View Post
Cars are my vice..... that's almost a car per year. ....I think I might have a problem.
I agree. But, if that's the only time when you splurge, you've got the funds, and you derive pleasure from it, nothing wrong with that!

The list is longer if you consider all the cars my wife and I have owned in the last 28 years, but I'm only listing the ones where I was the main driver:

1972 Ford Pinto - bought in 1976, transmission failed two years later
1975 Dodge Coronet - our family car, given to me to replace the Pinto
1983 Chevy Celebrity -
1986 Olds Delta 88 - my favorite car, but only had it 3 years, busted timing chain trashed the motor
1991 Ford Escort
xxxx Tiempo (junker, just to get by)
xxxx Mercury Topaz (ditto)
2002 Dodge Dakota (my current ride)

The Celebrity was the only one I bought new. I had a 1984 Camaro on order, but the factory was delaying their release, so I settled for a family car. Missed my only chance to own a new sports car. Could have bought a new DeLorean for 30K that year. Oh well.

I have no idea what I saw in the Celebrity, but it was black, shiny, and fairly loaded. Surprisingly, my girlfriend at the time liked it and enjoyed driving it. She used to tell me to loosen up and enjoy life, but she said she liked the looks she got from people when she'd drive the Celeb.

Last edited by Zunardo; 05-16-17 at 09:29 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 05-16-17, 07:54 AM
thePITman thePITman is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 11-06-06
Location: Wayne County, Ohio
Posts: 9,271
thePITman is on a distinguished road
1995 Volkswagen GTI
2008 Volkswagen Rabbit
2013 Honda CR-V
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 05-16-17, 08:13 AM
EastYoungstown EastYoungstown is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 04-04-12
Location: Rayen Stadium
Posts: 9,369
EastYoungstown will become famous soon enough
92 ford tempo
99 toyota corolla
86 pontiac bonneville
?? GMC envoy
02 Nissan Xterra
16 Chevy Spark

The Xterra was definitely the best of the lot. Hit almost 200k miles on it. Made regular trips to California, Colorado and Arizona in it. Virtually no rust at all. Other than regular maintenance, no problems whatsoever. It was a tank. Killer eventually was the cost of tires and the mileage. With miles piling up from driving to kids activities it had to go. Needed something far more efficient.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 05-16-17, 08:37 AM
king kong king kong is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 10-14-16
Posts: 107
king kong is on a distinguished road
I started driving in 1985 at 16. Bought my first truck (my father paid half) in 1990, a 1986 Chevy S 10, single cab, standard 4 cylinder. Drove it until 1994, bought an 1992 extended cab S 10. In 1996 bought a new Ford Ranger extended cab 4x4, drove it until 2005. Bought a 2001 F150 extended cab 4x4. 120,000 miles and just bought a 2017 F150 super cab 4x4.

In 27 years, 5 trucks.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 05-16-17, 09:39 AM
eastside_purple's Avatar
eastside_purple eastside_purple is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 01-21-03
Posts: 67,276
eastside_purple is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallmadge H2 dad View Post
Cars are my vice. I have a list of all the cars I've owned in my life. All 23 of them. Considering I've been driving for 28 years, that's almost a car per year. Now, there have been several times where I have owned multiple cars at once. I think I might have a problem.

1978 Chevy Camero Z28
1988 Ford Tempo
1990 Chevy Z24
1991 Ford Probe
1992 Ford Mustang GT
1993 Eagle Talon*
1993 Chevy Beretta
1995 Dodge Intrepid*
1997 Ford Expedition
1999 Ford F-150*
2000 Toyota 4-runner*
2001 Mercedes Benz E320*
2003 Hummer H2*
2005 Hummer H2*
2007 BMW 525xi
2007 Nissan Armada*
2008 Hummer H2
2009 Jeep Liberty
2010 Ford Edge*
2012 Nissan Rogue*
2015 Dodge Challenger*
2015 Infiniti Q50*
2016 Infiniti QX50*

*bought new
That just sounds like an insane waste of money Madge.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 05-16-17, 10:17 AM
Uncle Ted Uncle Ted is offline
Cooling Off
 
Join Date: 12-25-14
Location: Cooling Off
Posts: 8,317
Uncle Ted is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastside_purple View Post
That just sounds like an insane waste of money Madge.
Yup. It's the worst investment one can make.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 05-16-17, 10:21 AM
eastside_purple's Avatar
eastside_purple eastside_purple is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 01-21-03
Posts: 67,276
eastside_purple is infamous around these parts
11 new cars since 1999? Wow!
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 05-16-17, 10:28 AM
tallmadge H2 dad tallmadge H2 dad is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-22-05
Location: T-town via the Archbishop
Posts: 11,808
tallmadge H2 dad will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by WinstonSmith View Post
I'd say you definitely have a problem, Madge. Why in God's name don't you lease your vehicles?
Almost all the ones bought new were leased.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 05-16-17, 10:30 AM
tallmadge H2 dad tallmadge H2 dad is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-22-05
Location: T-town via the Archbishop
Posts: 11,808
tallmadge H2 dad will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastside_purple View Post
That just sounds like an insane waste of money Madge.
Hundreds of thousands
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 05-16-17, 10:33 AM
WinstonSmith WinstonSmith is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 09-11-16
Posts: 2,154
WinstonSmith is on a distinguished road
So did you buy them or did you lease them?
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 05-16-17, 10:34 AM
eastside_purple's Avatar
eastside_purple eastside_purple is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 01-21-03
Posts: 67,276
eastside_purple is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallmadge H2 dad View Post
Hundreds of thousands
Exactly. That's pretty goddamn stupid. I hope you are loaded.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 05-16-17, 11:33 AM
Philos_Finest Philos_Finest is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 11-12-10
Posts: 61
Philos_Finest is on a distinguished road
2003 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport
2005 Jeep Wrangler
2006 VW GTI - APR Stage 2+
2015 Chevy Silverado LTZ Texas Ed. - Current

Next vehicle will be another Jeep Wrangler
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 05-16-17, 11:55 AM
tallmadge H2 dad tallmadge H2 dad is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-22-05
Location: T-town via the Archbishop
Posts: 11,808
tallmadge H2 dad will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by WinstonSmith View Post
So did you buy them or did you lease them?
Most of the new ones I leased. I currently have 2 leased and 1 bought
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Beers In Your Life EagleGuy General Board 80 05-18-17 12:17 PM
The Whiskies in Your Life Crusaders General Board 55 05-08-17 09:14 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:23 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz