Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Girls HS Sports > Girls Soccer

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 05-08-17, 04:17 PM
Varsity

Fleeced is on a distinguished road
The problem with Yappi, your kid obviously did not make the grade, so now you are a bitter person. Sad
Sponsored Links
Old 05-08-17, 05:08 PM
All District

Hoosier Parent is on a distinguished road
Good point PC. Anybody have any idea about the challenges of playing D1 and maintaining a pre-med oriented schedule? I heard some advice from a wise parent who suggested a D2/3 or an academic oriented mid-major.

Anyone have any experience with this?
Old 05-10-17, 02:38 PM
All District

EXPRESS
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckshooter5 View Post
Express
Not sure what your problem is?

I mean c'mon all you need to do is stop drinking and smoking weed and that would be a college down payment.
uuhh, nice try, I guess??
Old 05-10-17, 02:54 PM
All District

LE Hawks is on a distinguished road
Hoosier - Some impressive young ladies at University of Dayton with 4 graduating Pre-Med. Probably much like taking any challenging major and combining college athletics, all about balance. My experience has been that most of these athletes are driven both on and off the soccer field. You can probably pick any college roster and find similar results.

Women's Soccer
Meghan Blank - Attending medical school at the Wright State Boonshoft School of Medicine.

Sarah Byrne - Taking a gap year before applying to Medical School. Will work as a medical scribe and/or phlebotomist in before med school.

Jenna DiTusa - Taking a gap year and working at a medical health and fitness center while applying to PA schools and grad schools for the following year. Plans eventually work as a PA or exercise physiologist.

Libby Leedom - Attending the University of Louisville School of Medicine.

Erin O'Malley - Has accepted a full-time position with Sapient Global Markets. Will be located in Washington, D.C. following a three-month training program in Bangalore, India.
Old 05-25-17, 10:57 AM
Freshman

MitchSaysNo is on a distinguished road
I don't know why everyone argues about fees, but then still pay's them? The bottom line is if your kid is having a good experience and is getting better, the market bares what people are willing to spend on it. If you don't like it they can always play recreational, or for a bargain basement club. I think to play at a top club with top trainers who have invested so much of their time and money, it's going to cost something. There is a lot of overhead cost for these organizations.

This also shouldn't be the only way to get money to go to college. These kids should be working hard in the class room as well. I think the thing that gets missed a lot is that this can often help them land their spot at the D1 or D2 level just as much as their playing ability, especially if they want to parlay their playing career into a great education at a service academy, ivy league, ect.
Old 05-28-17, 06:32 AM
All District

Hoosier Parent is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by LE Hawks View Post
Hoosier - Some impressive young ladies at University of Dayton with 4 graduating Pre-Med. Probably much like taking any challenging major and combining college athletics, all about balance. My experience has been that most of these athletes are driven both on and off the soccer field. You can probably pick any college roster and find similar results.

Women's Soccer
Meghan Blank - Attending medical school at the Wright State Boonshoft School of Medicine.

Sarah Byrne - Taking a gap year before applying to Medical School. Will work as a medical scribe and/or phlebotomist in before med school.

Jenna DiTusa - Taking a gap year and working at a medical health and fitness center while applying to PA schools and grad schools for the following year. Plans eventually work as a PA or exercise physiologist.

Libby Leedom - Attending the University of Louisville School of Medicine.

Erin O'Malley - Has accepted a full-time position with Sapient Global Markets. Will be located in Washington, D.C. following a three-month training program in Bangalore, India.

Thank you much LE.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: