Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Girls HS Sports > Girls Basketball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 04-28-17, 06:20 AM
Varsity

keepitpositive is on a distinguished road
Oak Hills Coach

I am sure that Oak Hills will do what they always do and hire a puppet or a person that has been part of the problem in the past to be the "solution" to allow them to "get to the next level". What they need to do is hire a realcoach that that knows how to run a real program and allow them to do it. The AD is supposed to be the AD not the basketball, baseball, softball, soccer and lacrosse coach. I think people need to look at who gets hired and grade the AD on that. If he cant get a quality coach in at OH then he needs to go. And a quality coach is not the Asst coach from Seton HS that went 1-24 this year after just "bailing" on the Oak Hills kids as Varsity Asst there a year ago. If the solution is to hire her back then I think a petition is in order to get a new AD. There have to be "proven" winners in that interview process. Remember the future of the kids depends on the decision.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-28-17, 08:10 AM
Varsity

TrojanMan32 is on a distinguished road
Has a decision been made or is this speculation? Who were the candidates?
Old 05-01-17, 07:57 AM
All District

collegebasketball is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by keepitpositive View Post
I am sure that Oak Hills will do what they always do and hire a puppet or a person that has been part of the problem in the past to be the "solution" to allow them to "get to the next level". What they need to do is hire a realcoach that that knows how to run a real program and allow them to do it. The AD is supposed to be the AD not the basketball, baseball, softball, soccer and lacrosse coach. I think people need to look at who gets hired and grade the AD on that. If he cant get a quality coach in at OH then he needs to go. And a quality coach is not the Asst coach from Seton HS that went 1-24 this year after just "bailing" on the Oak Hills kids as Varsity Asst there a year ago. If the solution is to hire her back then I think a petition is in order to get a new AD. There have to be "proven" winners in that interview process. Remember the future of the kids depends on the decision.
This is an interesting rant considering the fact that the AD at Oak Hills was just hired less than 14 months ago... I don't think that "Oak Hills will do what they always do" is necessarily accurate or relevant given that this AD has not hired a new coach for the girls program until now, and he has made very few coaching changes in the short 14 months that he has been the AD at Oak Hills... Perhaps you know one of the candidates, but lets try to "KeepItPositive".
Old 05-02-17, 09:57 AM
Varsity

IDK who the candidates are that remain but if a coach that left some of these kids at OH to go to Seton to be an Asst Coach and then tries to "bail" on them again to come back is a finalist, then OH is in a bad place. My point is if thats the best you can draw for a finalist for the job then you shouldn't be the AD. It sounds like you know the AD????? Out of all of the applicants, you gets a 2nd interview, amazing. If she stuck it out this past year and weathered the storm if you will, then she deserves consideration but not now. Its hard to always be positive when adults seem to play politics with kids futures.
Old 05-08-17, 11:19 AM
Freshman

Kurt Rambis is on a distinguished road
Been a while, Oakies.
Old 05-17-17, 05:36 PM
Varsity

Oak Hills still no announcement of a coach. Amazing. Guess that's what happens when u have the boys coach interview. No hurry. That way he gets all the Summer gym time. Clean the slate. This ad is in over his head.
Old 05-18-17, 08:37 AM
All Yappi

jtk has a little shameless behaviour in the past
what is your beef with the AD?

jtk
()
Old 05-18-17, 04:06 PM
Varsity

Beef is there should be a coach in place. Summer open gyms etc and 4 player workouts should be underway. He cant even hire the coach. How long does it really take. If u want to get this program back on the map u can't hire the new coach way after other schools are well into Summer. How many summer leagues are the girls in? I will help with this answer 0. I will keep my daughter elsewhere. I really had high hopes for a positive change but the glimmer is dwindling. He needs to go back to Turpin, he can't handle the big leagues. (GMC)
Old 05-19-17, 10:18 AM
All Yappi

i know of a really good coach that interviewed, he hasn't heard back.....lol

btw, you should take your beef to him. im sure he doesn't read this message board.

jtk
()
Old 05-24-17, 03:45 PM
Varsity

He probably does read this. I hope whoever he answers to references this poor job on his evaluation. It never seems to be about the kids. Sad
Old 05-30-17, 08:36 AM
Varsity

TrojanMan32 is on a distinguished road
So Im assuming they are still deciding on a coach?
Old 06-04-17, 09:26 PM
Varsity

I think they are going to wait until the basketball season is over. It's June people. Supposed to be doing Summer stuff. Where is the announcement of a coach. I understand people will be at the board of education mtg on 6/5 to get answers. Good for them as lets not forget they are the school districts customers.
Old 06-04-17, 09:29 PM
Varsity

Think they are going to wait until the season is over now. It's June people, name the coach and get these kids started. I heard that people are going to the board of education mtg with the media on 6/5 to get some answers. Let's not forget the parents are the customers.
Old 06-04-17, 10:31 PM
All American

SMARTY22 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Oak Hills still no announcement of a coach. Amazing. Guess that's what happens when u have the boys coach interview. No hurry. That way he gets all the Summer gym time. Clean the slate. This ad is in over his head.
Coach Price interviewed for the Girls Job? He still a Teacher and Assistant AD?
Old 06-05-17, 08:18 AM
All Ohio

chlnewbie is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMARTY22 View Post
Coach Price interviewed for the Girls Job? He still a Teacher and Assistant AD?
I think he meant Price is handling the interview process, not interviewing for the job.
Old 06-05-17, 04:35 PM
All American

SMARTY22 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by chlnewbie View Post
I think he meant Price is handling the interview process, not interviewing for the job.
Ok, thanks. Seemed very odd that he would want to Coach the Girls team all the sudden
Old 06-09-17, 11:57 AM
All American

cincysports4 is on a distinguished road
New coach has been hired.
Old 06-10-17, 09:30 AM
All Yappi

IUDOGS is on a distinguished road
Cool

It's June 10, 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincysports4 View Post
New coach has been hired.
Now Whom might that be????????

173 days left before the beginning of the 2017 - 2018 Ohio High School Girls Basketball Season.

This is IUDOGS signing off
Old 06-10-17, 01:58 PM
Freshman

undertaker is on a distinguished road
oak hills

Oak Hills hired Chris Gramke
Old 06-13-17, 08:29 AM
All Yappi

JElder is on a distinguished road
For all the complaining keepitpositive was doing, Oak Hills hires a coach (a great one at that) and it's crickets...
Old 06-14-17, 11:16 PM
All Yappi

he is still in shock they hired a great coach. and all his whining about the AD got flushed down the toilet.

jtk
()
Old 06-17-17, 11:34 PM
Varsity

I understand that Gramke is a very good coach from what I hear from his college Asst Coach Days at NKU. He did OK at Beechwood but he didn't do anything in his recent HS experience at Seton in OHSAA.

My concern would be that here's another guy willing to quit on his kids at Beechwood in June!!!!!!! That does speak to the character of a person. We are talking about $5000 not $500000 a year so it didn't have to happen. Not a job too good to pass up. Would he do this to Oak Hills kids if a "better job" comes along between now and the season. How about the kids at Beechwood?????? What do they do now??????

And this is not a pass for the AD. Even if Gramke is a good option for OH, it is ridiculous that it took this long to hire a coach. It should be unacceptable to the school board. OH should not be a back burner school that has to beg for people to coach there.

As I said earlier, I will keep my daughter where she is. I was hoping to transfer her to OH with all of the Mercy Mcauley merger stuff. I did like seeing on the press release that he has AAU coaching experience. That will hopefully help the west side kids in years to come.
Old 06-21-17, 07:49 PM
Freshman

Vinegar is on a distinguished road
So....as of today....46 Boys Schools and 49 Girls Schools still need Head Basketball Coaches in Ohio. Guess we should fire all of the AD's!
Old 07-04-17, 10:22 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
I understand that Gramke is a very good coach from what I hear from his college Asst Coach Days at NKU. He did OK at Beechwood but he didn't do anything in his recent HS experience at Seton in OHSAA.

My concern would be that here's another guy willing to quit on his kids at Beechwood in June!!!!!!! That does speak to the character of a person. We are talking about $5000 not $500000 a year so it didn't have to happen. Not a job too good to pass up. Would he do this to Oak Hills kids if a "better job" comes along between now and the season. How about the kids at Beechwood?????? What do they do now??????

And this is not a pass for the AD. Even if Gramke is a good option for OH, it is ridiculous that it took this long to hire a coach. It should be unacceptable to the school board. OH should not be a back burner school that has to beg for people to coach there.

As I said earlier, I will keep my daughter where she is. I was hoping to transfer her to OH with all of the Mercy Mcauley merger stuff. I did like seeing on the press release that he has AAU coaching experience. That will hopefully help the west side kids in years to come.
so is your daughter a mercy girl?

jtk
()