Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Girls HS Sports > Girls Soccer

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 05-10-17, 12:01 PM
Freshman

Pele is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleeced View Post
There is a "mandate" to make our USWNT more diverse. I have no problem with being diverse, just want the best players, regardless. Top down approaches never work. The sport needs a bottom up fix, however,the issue with that is economic in nature.
Can you please provide us the article, website or just the "mandate" itself that states this fact?
Thank You!
Sponsored Links
Old 05-11-17, 05:39 AM
Varsity

Fleeced is on a distinguished road
Coaches talked about being more diverse in an article, did not save it. All we need to do is have three National Teams. Black, Hispanic and White. Even Harvard is now having a Black only graduation, but I will be considered racist for suggesting it, Harvard will be applauded. US women's soccer will crash and burn. Political Correctness will see to that.
Old 05-11-17, 06:18 AM
All District

Hoosier Parent is on a distinguished road
(Crickets..................)
Old 05-11-17, 07:44 AM
All American

Rohbino is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Coaches talked about being more diverse in an article, did not save it. All we need to do is have three National Teams. Black, Hispanic and White. Even Harvard is now having a Black only graduation, but I will be considered racist for suggesting it, Harvard will be applauded. US women's soccer will crash and burn. Political Correctness will see to that.
What? No Jewish team? I'm a Jew and I want a Jewish team. Christen Press is the only member of the tribe that I can think of that is in the USWNT pool right now. We're sorely underrepresented. Is Yael Averbuch still playing? I demand that she be put back on the team!

Your race baiting is getting old, fleeced. Or is it Buckshooter? Take your Bannonesque racist ideas and troll elsewhere. Meanwhile why don't you shut it?

Also, if you’re going to speak of the Harvard "black only graduation", get your facts straight. The black students at Harvard will also take part in the commencement for all students. They are having a separate event as more of a "celebration" – not an official graduation commencement. The event is not being paid for by Harvard. Black student organizations are funding the event. I'm not quite sure why there is so much being made of the event at Harvard. It is hardly unique. Stanford has been doing it for years. Other Ivies, Columbia and Penn, also do this. Temple and Ohio University also do it. At OU it is called Kushinda and is a celebration for blacks, Latinos, Native Americans.

Methinks folk like you, Fleeced, are the ones that are tying to create an issue where there is none. You're happy driving a wedge between people of different races instead of trying to unite.
Old 05-11-17, 07:55 AM
Varsity

I guess the Olympic Basketball team is underrepresented also? You are everything that is wrong with the sport Rohbino. Instead of encouraging players to be their best, and picking them based on talent, you feel the need to have a team that is diverse rather than the best team we can put on the field. As for Harvard, it is divisive. You are the wedge driver. Sport needs to be fixed from the bottom up. Racists never want to fix anything, they love the division.
Old 05-11-17, 08:12 AM
All World

coachg is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I guess the Olympic Basketball team is underrepresented also? You are everything that is wrong with the sport Rohbino. Instead of encouraging players to be their best, and picking them based on talent, you feel the need to have a team that is diverse rather than the best team we can put on the field. As for Harvard, it is divisive. You are the wedge driver. Sport needs to be fixed from the bottom up. Racists never want to fix anything, they love the division.
Fleeced youre a race baiting idiot.. Rohbino and I may not agree on everything but he is a good guy from best I can tell. He has never injected race into anything on here. He has always congratulated and spoke highly of people from all back grounds. The best thing you can do is shut up and stop proving how much of an idiot you are.
Old 05-11-17, 08:35 AM
Varsity

Another proud Yappi contributor. What have I written that is racist coach? Do you even understand your comments. Fixing the sport from the bottom up is not racist. You guys love your payers and wallets. How many inner city programs do we have across the nation? How many clubs have programs to target and develop the less fortunate in our society. How many clubs target the Black Community in their respective Cities? Not hard to step back and see the real racists in our society. Keep being a good guy with Rohbino. You guys should be applauded for your great works.
Old 05-11-17, 09:50 AM
All World

Quote:
Another proud Yappi contributor. What have I written that is racist coach? Do you even understand your comments. Fixing the sport from the bottom up is not racist. You guys love your payers and wallets. How many inner city programs do we have across the nation? How many clubs have programs to target and develop the less fortunate in our society. How many clubs target the Black Community in their respective Cities? Not hard to step back and see the real racists in our society. Keep being a good guy with Rohbino. You guys should be applauded for your great works.

First off fleeced if you feel that innercity kids are not given the same opportunities as others I have to ask what are you doing to help besides posting on a board where no one knows who you are? Are you starting an inner city club? Are you runnning camps for inner city players? Are you helping to set up programs that will help inner city kids pay the fees? If all you're doing is being a keyboard warrior and nothing else then shut your pie hole.

I can tell you OE, CU, KHA and all other clubs that I know of have programs to help those less fortunate be able to play by paying all or part of their fees no matter race, sex, or religion. As a coach I dont care what background a player has as long as they can help the team be better. No coach should feel like they need to balance their team by race, religion or any other standard except their ability to play and be a team player. It seems as if your saying that teams need to first look at racial and religious things before soccer skill which is idiotic. I know of no coach that cares about the race of a player or their religion when choosing them for a team. By trying to engage in this topic lends to our belief that you are race baiting.
Old 05-11-17, 10:14 AM
All Ohio

CitrusCrunch is on a distinguished road
you guys know that baiting only works if you actually take it right
Old 05-11-17, 10:19 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by CitrusCrunch View Post
you guys know that baiting only works if you actually take it right
Yeah but toying with him is even more fun.
Old 05-11-17, 10:49 AM
Varsity

Coach
yes I know some clubs have stepped up to help pay the fees.
But they are only paying the fees, as you said if they can help the team ?
(A STUD PLAYER)
they are not paying the fees or would they of a player who is U8 and wants to start playing soccer for the first time !
You are the problem Coach ! your thinking is back As%5wards.
I also agree that the best players should be on the National team no matter their race or relgion.

This is being pushed hard by the US Soccer Diversity Task Force headed up by Doug Andreassen.

Go read this article coach about the youth: https://blavity.com/soccer-has-a-div...-u-s-heres-why

I don't see the Cleveland Cavs going to be more diverse, so they can be politically correct.
Roster has 15 players and two are of light skin ?
It's okay when it is that direction, it is only a problem when it is the other way around and that is a fact people are getting tired of that crap.

we constantly see Black job fairs in our cities, that is awesome really stepping up and helping folks find jobs.

But when was the last time you saw a White Job fair in your city ?
Why not ? because that would be racsit , But it is not racist if there is a Black Job fair answer the Question WHY NOT ?
Old 05-11-17, 11:50 AM
All World

Quote:
Coach
yes I know some clubs have stepped up to help pay the fees.
But they are only paying the fees, as you said if they can help the team ?
(A STUD PLAYER)
they are not paying the fees or would they of a player who is U8 and wants to start playing soccer for the first time !
Yes all players regardless of age skill level or team level are eligible.

Quote:
You are the problem Coach ! your thinking is back As%5wards.
I also agree that the best players should be on the National team no matter their race or relgion.
Players try out and either make a team or dont. Coaches have no if they need financial aid it is not granted at the coach / team level at any club that I am aware of. Please tell me how I am the problem? You dont know me I may be 1/2 American Indian, 1/4 Hispanic, the rest African American and Muslim. But you are going to judge me lol. So please tell me how I got this all backwards.

Quote:
This is being pushed hard by the US Soccer Diversity Task Force headed up by Doug Andreassen.

Go read this article coach about the youth: https://blavity.com/soccer-has-a-div...-u-s-heres-why
I never said it wasnt nor did I say it was not a good idea to recruit more players no matter where they are from or what the look like or believe in. One problem the inner city has is lack of soccer fields nearby for training. Many parents in the city are not able to drive to the suburbs for training. So transportation becomes an issue. Are you saying that the clubs should supply bus's to and from their training sessions. What solution do you recommend or are you just on here talking about a problem with no ideas to fix it?

Quote:
I don't see the Cleveland Cavs going to be more diverse, so they can be politically correct.
Roster has 15 players and two are of light skin ?
It's okay when it is that direction, it is only a problem when it is the other way around and that is a fact people are getting tired of that crap.

we constantly see Black job fairs in our cities, that is awesome really stepping up and helping folks find jobs.

But when was the last time you saw a White Job fair in your city ?
Why not ? because that would be racsit , But it is not racist if there is a Black Job fair answer the Question WHY NOT ?
This is dumbest statement I have ever read on Yappi and does not justify a response.
Old 05-11-17, 12:30 PM
Varsity

Coach your race relgion etc. doesn't matter no one is judging you because of that.
Bottom up ? How do you fix the problem ?
What is your solutution ?
NO ONE HAS COME UP WITH A SOLUTION !

But the Diversity Task force has ! making the USWNT diverse is total garbage put the best players on the field no matter how that plays out !

Fix the innercity problem and in time you will have some very talented underprivilged kids no matter what race they are.

people just always fall back that it is a racsit issue when nothing can be farther from the truth.

What are your ideas ?
But let's stop calling it a racist issue , because it is not !
Old 05-11-17, 03:37 PM
All American

buckshooter5 is on a distinguished road
Guys , I am pretty sure that Batman is an african american ?
Old 05-11-17, 11:23 PM
Varsity

Gr8tS0ccr is on a distinguished road
I can't even tell what is being debated. All I read is "you suck, racist", no, "you suck, racist". I thought this was a soccer board? Did I miss a memo?
Old 05-12-17, 05:22 AM
All American

Irwin20 is on a distinguished road
Typical BS.

UC has 13 Home games:

Buffalo, Boston, Pitt (Nippert), Miami, Murray St., Purdue, Xavier (Nippert), Central Fla (Nippert), S. Florida, Morehead St., Tulsa, Memphis, East Carolina and @ NKU

Last edited by Irwin20; 05-12-17 at 05:38 AM..
Old 05-12-17, 08:42 AM
All World

Quote:
Coach your race relgion etc. doesn't matter no one is judging you because of that.
Bottom up ? How do you fix the problem ?
What is your solutution ?
NO ONE HAS COME UP WITH A SOLUTION !

But the Diversity Task force has ! making the USWNT diverse is total garbage put the best players on the field no matter how that plays out !

Fix the innercity problem and in time you will have some very talented underprivilged kids no matter what race they are.

people just always fall back that it is a racsit issue when nothing can be farther from the truth.

What are your ideas ?
But let's stop calling it a racist issue , because it is not !
Fleeced the fix comes from above me. I just coach kids no matter who they are, what they look like, what God they believe in if one at all, and what ever gender they are. I will let the experts figure that all out. Between Family, A full Time job thats not soccer, Coaching, and having a personal life my plate is full. It sounds as if you have a lot of energy to help fix this issue so I suggest you volunteer to do so. But before doing so educate yourself on all the programs clubs have for those that cant afford to play.
Old 05-12-17, 10:20 AM
Varsity

Coachg
I know the club scene inside and out.
What we are talking about is change, as we saw it with the team my daughter was on we had two stud african american players and the coach cut both of them ?

Why did he cut those players ?

espcially when they are both killing it in college ?
One just a MVP at Louisville and the other at Tennessee ?

Somebody please explain that to me espcially Sebbyb
Old 05-12-17, 11:29 AM
All World

Quote:
Coachg
I know the club scene inside and out.
What we are talking about is change, as we saw it with the team my daughter was on we had two stud african american players and the coach cut both of them ?

Why did he cut those players ?

espcially when they are both killing it in college ?
One just a MVP at Louisville and the other at Tennessee ?

Somebody please explain that to me espcially Sebbyb
No way of knowing the reasons of a coach all the time. Maybe they were difficult to coach, maybe the coach knew they needed to move a a better team, maybe the parents were nightmares, maybe they were not team players, maybe the coach doesnt know talent if it smacked them in the face, the list goes on and on but to jump to a racist issue seems like you may be going out on a limb which you need to be very careful of.
Old 05-13-17, 08:02 PM
All District

sebbyb is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by belied dat View Post
Maybe he'll go a shoot distance to X?

http://www.goxavier.com/news/2017/4/...us-soccer.aspx
Big loss for UC.

http://goxavier.com/news/2017/5/13/n...ead-coach.aspx
Old 05-13-17, 10:00 PM
All American

Irwin20 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sebbyb View Post
Yes he will be missed. Good guy, best of luck at X.
Old 05-15-17, 06:28 AM
All District

Empty CUP is on a distinguished road
Good for him!
Old 05-15-17, 07:16 AM
Varsity

Coachg
Did you you read the Post ?

I just asked the guy to tell us why ?

I know how the parents of those two feel about it ?
Old 05-15-17, 07:25 AM
All District

Conan73 is on a distinguished road
Imagine if the three area big programs (UD, UC, and Xavier) are all competitive at the same time. This would be great for local high school talent.
Old 05-15-17, 09:36 AM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conan73 View Post
Imagine if the three area big programs (UD, UC, and Xavier) are all competitive at the same time. This would be great for local high school talent.
It for sure should get better at X. Nate has a very good relationship with the local top clubs, and we all know the awesome amount of talent here within 100 miles. Interested to see how the assistants play out.
Old 05-15-17, 09:42 AM
All American

ROTFLMAO.....not sure about the awesome amount of talent, we **** the bed on a National Level, year in and year out. Wish Nate the best, at least he got a D-1 gig. Lot of work to do at X.
Old 05-15-17, 12:57 PM
All District

Red Red is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conan73 View Post

Interesting why no Miami or NKU on your list. I would say UC, XU and NKU are the locals with Dayton and Miami being 45 minutes away.
Old 05-15-17, 01:00 PM
All District

Conan73 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Red View Post
Interesting why no Miami or NKU on your list. I would say UC, XU and NKU are the locals with Dayton and Miami being 45 minutes away.
Good point, I realized this after I posted it.
Old 05-15-17, 01:21 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckshooter5 View Post
ROTFLMAO.....not sure about the awesome amount of talent, we **** the bed on a National Level, year in and year out. Wish Nate the best, at least he got a D-1 gig. Lot of work to do at X.
Whatever dude. CUP has multiple top ranked teams in the nation (13's 15's), Hammer has awesome kids and solid teams, OE's got a number of top teams in the ECNL (16's and 18's) OP is one of the best overall ECNL clubs in the league, and Indy has plenty of talent.
Old 05-15-17, 01:54 PM
All American

Oh my bad, I forgot the tristate area has so much talent. All these Studs and nothing, I mean nothing to show for it over the last 45 years. Give me a break. Last National Champ we had was in the early 70's. Yeah, we are talented alright, Lil Mia won the Mead Cup!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Too Funny

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: