Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Girls HS Sports > Girls Soccer

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 03-21-17, 11:34 AM
Varsity

Fleeced is on a distinguished road
Uc

Program is back sliding. Thug soccer.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-21-17, 01:16 PM
All World

Irwin20 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleeced View Post
This analysis is based on what?
Old 03-21-17, 01:38 PM
All American

Rohbino is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irwin20 View Post
This analysis is based on what?
It's based on Fleeced being a troll. Don't feed the troll.
Old 03-21-17, 01:46 PM
Freshman

Pele is on a distinguished road
Painting the kettle Black!

Quote:

WOW! I am taken aback by all the hate on this board. Not only do you posters bring up racism. Now you resort to bullying. I hope none of you coach kids.

Sound like anyone you know????? A Yeah.
Fleeced 3-16-17 SheBelieves!
Old 03-21-17, 02:27 PM
Varsity

Kids hang onto the ball way too long. Let's see if I am correct.
Old 04-03-17, 08:25 AM
Varsity

Nice to hear KY is moving in the right direction. 3-1 loss to EKU. LMAO
Old 04-03-17, 09:25 AM
All World

UC tied West Va. last weekend 1-1
Old 04-03-17, 09:44 AM
Varsity

cincysoccerdad1 is on a distinguished road
And beat Butler badly yesterday, 2-0.
Old 04-03-17, 10:41 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincysoccerdad1 View Post
And beat Butler badly yesterday, 2-0.
Good to hear. Where you there? How did they look?
Old 04-03-17, 10:51 AM
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irwin20 View Post
Good to hear. Where you there? How did they look?
Like hacks
Old 04-03-17, 01:47 PM
All District

Red Red is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Nice to hear KY is moving in the right direction. 3-1 loss to EKU. LMAO

It's only Spring...but UK also loss to Dayton and Dayton lost to NKU
Old 04-03-17, 01:59 PM
All District

Conan73 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Like hacks
Some people can't admit they were wrong and just give a simple complement. I know it's only a spring game, but they tied the 2016 NCAA tournament champs.

A few years ago, Coach Stafford said that the Cinci/Dayton/Columbus area has a lot of soccer talent, and he wanted to get more than his fair share of that talent vs having those kids go off to the big East Coast powerhouses. Results like WVA should help him
Old 04-03-17, 02:17 PM
Varsity

Admit they were wrong? LMAO. I meant to say....unskilled hacks!
Old 04-03-17, 02:50 PM
All District

Red Red is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conan73 View Post
Some people can't admit they were wrong and just give a simple complement. I know it's only a spring game, but they tied the 2016 NCAA tournament champs.

A few years ago, Coach Stafford said that the Cinci/Dayton/Columbus area has a lot of soccer talent, and he wanted to get more than his fair share of that talent vs having those kids go off to the big East Coast powerhouses. Results like WVA should help him

It's a great outcome for UC. Just to clarify WVA did not win the 2016 National Championship. They lost in the finals to USC 3 to 1
Old 04-07-17, 09:01 AM
All American

buckshooter5 is on a distinguished road
Yeah ! Let's not forget that WV was the first LOSER !
Old 04-07-17, 09:35 AM
Varsity

UC vs Butler

Yes, Irwin, I was at the game last weekend. I will preface this by saying that I'm by no means an unbiased observer, as I had a daughter play at UC and generally cheer for the program (and other local schools). That being said, I will try and be objective as possible for the sake of this thread.

In short, UC was the far better team in literally any/every aspect of the game. The majority of the action was played in UC's attacking third, and they showed more creativity and nuance than I am used to seeing. The biggest surprise, for me at least, was how much possession they had throughout the game and, consequently, how little Butler maintained. A few of my daughter's friends/teammates have attended Butler relatively recently, and I've seen them a couple of times over the years (against NKU). They are usually a possession based team, but against UC they were either A) unsuccessful or B) resorted to playing very directly. Much of UC's recent success can probably be attributed to their defensive pressure, so I wasn't surprised that Butler had difficulty keeping the ball. That being said, I was surprised (pleasantly) how easily UC was able to keep possession, switch the field, and create chances.

As always, it's spring, so no big or absolute conclusions should be drawn from any game. But, as it relates to Fleece's comment/opinion that originated this thread (albeit an obvious, transparent, immature troll attempt), UC was impressive, at least on the given day.
Old 04-07-17, 11:13 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincysoccerdad1 View Post
Yes, Irwin, I was at the game last weekend. I will preface this by saying that I'm by no means an unbiased observer, as I had a daughter play at UC and generally cheer for the program (and other local schools). That being said, I will try and be objective as possible for the sake of this thread.

In short, UC was the far better team in literally any/every aspect of the game. The majority of the action was played in UC's attacking third, and they showed more creativity and nuance than I am used to seeing. The biggest surprise, for me at least, was how much possession they had throughout the game and, consequently, how little Butler maintained. A few of my daughter's friends/teammates have attended Butler relatively recently, and I've seen them a couple of times over the years (against NKU). They are usually a possession based team, but against UC they were either A) unsuccessful or B) resorted to playing very directly. Much of UC's recent success can probably be attributed to their defensive pressure, so I wasn't surprised that Butler had difficulty keeping the ball. That being said, I was surprised (pleasantly) how easily UC was able to keep possession, switch the field, and create chances.

As always, it's spring, so no big or absolute conclusions should be drawn from any game. But, as it relates to Fleece's comment/opinion that originated this thread (albeit an obvious, transparent, immature troll attempt), UC was impressive, at least on the given day.
Thanks for the update. My daughter and I were planning to attend but something came up and we had to travel.
Old 04-07-17, 01:25 PM
Varsity

UC is not even close to the best team in the AAC. Another sub par year for them. Is it the coaching? Is it the players? There is a reason UC never gets top notch talent.
Old 04-07-17, 01:37 PM
Varsity

Quote:
UC is not even close to the best team in the AAC. Another sub par year for them. Is it the coaching? Is it the players? There is a reason UC never gets top notch talent.
Fleeced,

It's apparent that you are great at putting down teams, programs, and individuals. It's a unique talent, to be certain.

That being said, do you have any clubs, college teams or professional teams that you actually respect and/or support? I know you derive pleasure from knocking others down or trying to get a rise out of people (under the guise of a forum), but is there any gratification in your life from any sources of positivity? I assume you'll avoid the question, or come back with some cheap insult, but I would appreciate knowing if there's anything of substance that you'd be willing to discuss/debate rationally - or if the only enjoyment you have in life is tearing down others.

For example, if UC is such a "back sliding", "thuggish" or "sub par" team, what program do you hold in high regard? If Rose is such a selfish player, what National Team player is comparably selfless?
Old 04-07-17, 02:08 PM
Varsity

I am a massive Anson fan, he plays a ton of kids, all understand the concept of team. UC, just saying what should be obvious. No top player goes to that program, you answer why. Even when given the opportunity, kids choose other schools. You guys will be the ones crying half way through the season.
Old 04-07-17, 04:13 PM
All District

Hoosier Parent is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I am a massive Anson fan, he plays a ton of kids, all understand the concept of team. UC, just saying what should be obvious. No top player goes to that program, you answer why. Even when given the opportunity, kids choose other schools. You guys will be the ones crying half way through the season.
There you have it. UC is no UNC.
Old 04-08-17, 01:03 PM
All Region

MichaelPat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I think the culture is changing at UC with Coach Stafford. I disagree that they are not getting top players as next Fall they will have NSCAA All American and former Ohio D1 Player of the Year and 2 Time NSCAA All American and D2 2016 Player of the Year on the squad. There are only so many "elite" players to go around. UC may or may not have players that fit into that category but to say they aren't attracting any top players is incorrect.
Old 04-10-17, 11:45 AM
Varsity

Smile

WOW
UC goes after high school players while the rest of the colleges go after the top club players big difference.

Somebody needs to tell coach Stafford the best players come from kentucky
Old 04-10-17, 12:20 PM
All Region

MichaelPat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
WOW
UC goes after high school players while the rest of the colleges go after the top club players big difference.

Somebody needs to tell coach Stafford the best players come from kentucky
Since they don't ordinarily give out "awards" in Club I mentioned HS. Both of these girls play/played on Top Club teams and were/are likely among the best on those teams and highly recruited. I doubt that any D1 coach recruits based on HS results.
Old 04-10-17, 12:39 PM
All District

Conan73 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelPat View Post
Since they don't ordinarily give out "awards" in Club I mentioned HS. Both of these girls play/played on Top Club teams and were/are likely among the best on those teams and highly recruited. I doubt that any D1 coach recruits based on HS results.
It's hard to tell if Fleeced is being facetious or not, but I was at a presentation where Coach Stafford told a room full of recruits that he doesn't recruit high school games. He told the recruits that he finds high school games boring. So, he wanted players interested in UC to provide him with their respective club team schedules....
Old 04-10-17, 03:36 PM
All Ohio

CitrusCrunch is on a distinguished road
i am sure they have been to a few hs games its all good
Old 04-10-17, 07:09 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conan73 View Post
It's hard to tell if Fleeced is being facetious or not, but I was at a presentation where Coach Stafford told a room full of recruits that he doesn't recruit high school games. He told the recruits that he finds high school games boring. So, he wanted players interested in UC to provide him with their respective club team schedules....
UC was at the ECNL event in Florida and was at the Phoenix ECNL event last weekend. Took my little Mia to ID camp. Stafford has a good message (Although he admits to over recruiting, for now) and seems ambitious.

I think UC is on the upswing.
Old 04-11-17, 07:16 AM
All Region

Empty CUP is on a distinguished road
My only Issue with UC is the roster size. Neil, Nate and Matt are all good guys, and they have made the program better. Not a team or school fit for my girls but still a solid one. Adding a few very high caliber players for 2017 will do them well and their 2018 Class is good too. Just too many of them.
Old 04-11-17, 09:53 AM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empty CUP View Post
My only Issue with UC is the roster size. Neil, Nate and Matt are all good guys, and they have made the program better. Not a team or school fit for my girls but still a solid one. Adding a few very high caliber players for 2017 will do them well and their 2018 Class is good too. Just too many of them.
Have bumped into some disgruntled former recent UC families. The picture presented is that UC staff over recruits and see's who sticks. A few classes supposedly only have 4 or 5 players left (Parent gossip) and a couple of parents were disgruntled at the soccer first (Allegedly at all costs) philosophy.

I've encountered 3 or 4 of these families at recent venues so I'm not sure that is the complete picture as opposed to a disgruntled perspective.
Old 04-11-17, 01:02 PM
All Region

Empty CUP is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosier Parent View Post
Have bumped into some disgruntled former recent UC families. The picture presented is that UC staff over recruits and see's who sticks. A few classes supposedly only have 4 or 5 players left (Parent gossip) and a couple of parents were disgruntled at the soccer first (Allegedly at all costs) philosophy.

I've encountered 3 or 4 of these families at recent venues so I'm not sure that is the complete picture as opposed to a disgruntled perspective.
With that many on the roster that will almost always be the case. I'm a big fan as I've mentioned before of smaller rosters with more money and more on the line for kids. What incentive does a kid who gets maybe a couple minutes a game or every few games, never travels, and no assistance, have to work their a** off for a program?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: